Forums

Feedback Update: Siege, Prestige, Transformations and Arena Compensation

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone has had a nice two weeks. The team here has been hard at work on the upcoming update, which we’re hoping to deploy in August. We’ll have more to share about that in an upcoming news post.

They’ve also been considering additional changes we can make given the feedback you’ve been sharing. With that in mind, we wanted to put together a post to share some updates, and engage in some discussion.

Siege Schedule

With the next update, we’ll be implementing a new Siege Schedule change. While we look forward to engaging in more back-and-forth with you on decisions like this in the future, we prioritized delivering sooner than more discussion, especially given the results of Loki’s poll. The new Siege time will be at 8pm Server Time (7pm PT, 10pm ET). We hope this is a welcome change. Out of concern for potential time conflicts with Demaha Altar sieges, we’ve also adjusted those times on days where they both occur.

Prestige Pass Benefits

It’s been some time since we made any significant update to the Prestige Pass Merchant, and it’s been an area of feedback which we felt we could update on short notice. To address that, we will be lowering many prices across the board, and looking to offer better value for participants. We agreed that the current primary benefit was the buff/bonus instance entries, and wanted the Prestige Pass to feel more meaningful than that. Thanks for calling this area out.

Arena Compensation

Thank you for bringing this back onto our radar. It appears that this compensation was simply lost in the shuffle, but fulfilling it requires a non-trivial amount of work. Because of the amount of work required, we can’t do this immediately, but the team has confirmed that these rewards will be distributed prior to the end of August. Thank you for all the tolerance, patience, and understanding you showed during the wait.

Katalam Restarts

Members of the team also expressed a desire to speak to the Katalam Restarts. Please know we are working arduously to identify and fix the issue, but as of now have no other status update to provide.

Transformations

This is an area where I personally expect a bit of discussion to take place, and to get things started the team is thinking of dropping the price on white transformation contracts on the Gold Sand Traders, and adding a Green or above contract. This contract would have different costs associated with it, but we wanted to provide a better opportunity for newer players to gain access to low/mid-tier transformation contracts.

For more advanced players, we saw interesting requests to expand availability of Ultimate Transform Potions. We're intrigued by this, but we want to be careful to address the pain point without hurting the appeal of unlocking transformations. It’s a complex topic, so we’re going to take some time to think about it, and follow up in a future post with some ideas to discuss.

There were several topics here, so please give us your thoughts and feedback on these areas so that we can ensure we’re taking steps in the most productive direction. Thanks for being companions with us in making Aion the best it can be, and we hope you have a great week!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Transformations

This is an area where I personally expect a bit of discussion to take place, and to get things started the team is thinking of dropping the price on white transformation contracts on the Gold Sand Traders, and adding a Green or above contract. This contract would have different costs associated with it, but we wanted to provide a better opportunity for newer players to gain access to low/mid-tier transformation contracts.

For more advanced players, we saw interesting requests to expand availability of Ultimate Transform Potions. We're intrigued by this, but we want to be careful to address the pain point without hurting the appeal of unlocking transformations. It’s a complex topic, so we’re going to take some time to think about it, and follow up in a future post with some ideas to discuss."

I really cannot see the  appeal- especially given the abysmal RNG for contract combinations. I DO see slight help  (since green is rubbish) for newer players but for 90% of the community (leaving out the 5% of the happy ones with ultimate transforms) - this is useless.

Precisely what is appealing about not obtaining an ultimate  literally years after the system  was implemented? Especially knowing that classes are balanced (hah) around having ultimate transforms?

There is NOTHING appealing about this, unless someone in your marketing department is planning another P2W event around transformation contracts. This may sound harsh, but so is the player experience without this (or even ultimate potions).

Evening pvp instances needs to start earlier too. 10 PM + long wait times is already too late for players on the east cost.

At this point,2 years after 6.0 when transforms system was released, 4 types of ultimate transforms in the next update, and its still treated like its a prestige item when everything in game is balanced around that. And NO to the potion. Just sell the contract for those who has no luck putting work in to anything in this game.

How can something after two years where 90% of the players don't own, even working really hard, be considered appealing? It's a joke? This is a capture of a Korean player, he does not have one, not two, but all the ultimate transformations unlocked, even duplicates1BherXS.jpg

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone has had a nice two weeks. The team here has been hard at work on the upcoming update, which we’re hoping to deploy in August. We’ll have more to share about that in an upcoming news post.

They’ve also been considering additional changes we can make given the feedback you’ve been sharing. With that in mind, we wanted to put together a post to share some updates, and engage in some discussion.

Siege Schedule

With the next update, we’ll be implementing a new Siege Schedule change. While we look forward to engaging in more back-and-forth with you on decisions like this in the future, we prioritized delivering sooner than more discussion, especially given the results of Loki’s poll. The new Siege time will be at 8pm Server Time (7pm PT, 10pm ET). We hope this is a welcome change. Out of concern for potential time conflicts with Demaha Altar sieges, we’ve also adjusted those times on days where they both occur.

Prestige Pass Benefits

It’s been some time since we made any significant update to the Prestige Pass Merchant, and it’s been an area of feedback which we felt we could update on short notice. To address that, we will be lowering many prices across the board, and looking to offer better value for participants. We agreed that the current primary benefit was the buff/bonus instance entries, and wanted the Prestige Pass to feel more meaningful than that. Thanks for calling this area out.

Arena Compensation

Thank you for bringing this back onto our radar. It appears that this compensation was simply lost in the shuffle, but fulfilling it requires a non-trivial amount of work. Because of the amount of work required, we can’t do this immediately, but the team has confirmed that these rewards will be distributed prior to the end of August. Thank you for all the tolerance, patience, and understanding you showed during the wait.

Katalam Restarts

Members of the team also expressed a desire to speak to the Katalam Restarts. Please know we are working arduously to identify and fix the issue, but as of now have no other status update to provide.

Transformations

For more advanced players, we saw interesting requests to expand availability of Ultimate Transform Potions. We're intrigued by this, but we want to be careful to address the pain point without hurting the appeal of unlocking transformations. It’s a complex topic, so we’re going to take some time to think about it, and follow up in a future post with some ideas to discuss.

There were several topics here, so please give us your thoughts and feedback on these areas so that we can ensure we’re taking steps in the most productive direction. Thanks for being companions with us in making Aion the best it can be, and we hope you have a great week!

1. Thank god.. I haven't done sieges more than 2 times a week due to work and how late sieges are now. Thank you for this change.

2. Prestige I have no idea about because honestly with so many problems surrounding this game and how we are promised things that are mostly never delivered upon why would I spend money on it.

3. Arenas I have no idea on either since the majority people who do this are the very over geared people.I do not have the transformation, gear, runes, gemstones, transformation collections, stigma and daeva skill enchants to deal with the sheer output of damage.

4. Meh

5. Transformations.. "without hurting the appeal of unlocking transformations". Just say what that whole sentence actually means. We know what you want and we can still make money off of it, so this isn't going to happen but hey we will try to do something you, which won't be close to what you want. It's just that simple. I can expect whatever event you come up with, will be awful like the aetherforge event. I am not surprised.

You already had legendary transforms on BCM for 100$ each, limited time, and you got a ton of money. I find limited sales to be worse than events lost, if you lose an event time, ti is your fault for not playing, but what is the purpose of limited time sales? Why don't you put those back, permanently? And to make it not so breaking, allow people to get 1x per week or something, or don't limit it at all like who cares, it is expensive and there are people willing to pay for it. Let people buy 100 of them if this is what they want, more money to you, healthier finances for your business and more dedicated personnel can be for Aion. Make it brokerable so f2p people can also buy it and that means more cash for you.

If you are going to put an ultimate potion do not limit it by any other means other than a price. If it is a BCM only item, it has to be brokerable, if it is ingame purchased via kinah simply make it (lets say) 200k per potion or something, to justify those that have the actual transform to know they are paying less to use it or whateverz.

It is 2 years since the game has transformations and those playing religiously should have been able to get one out of pure dedication and not out of pure RNG

~~And that comes from a person that got it free of charge with no hustle at all first than any other one~~

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Transformations

Please, lean more to the ABOVE CONTRACT @Kibbelz. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not just put a Green one on there and say its 'ok'. AND PLEASE do NOT make them some outrageous price of either kinah and/or gold ingots...

First, thank you about the siege time, it's perfect!

Second, the prestige also needs to be desirable, add some monthly rewards to it, like legendary transformations.

Third,about the ARENAS, please bring back Harmony to the game, it's currently off the grid, and fix the rewards from ID to match the new patch, people are not doing it!

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Siege Schedule

Brincar-Alegria.gif

Make it better not uglier as before stop trying ugly events stuff and rewards !!! The events like FT with good rewards before are both good to ur company and players we saw a lot of massive sale of keys for events and good rewards for players making them geared atleast to able to enjoy pvp

Coming from someone who has a Kaisinel Transformation already.. I personally have no issues with having over 80% to 100% of the player base run around with an Ult Transform.

The thought process being from before the Transformation system existed where EVERY PLAYER had equal access to 30% run scrolls, 9% cast/attack speed scrolls, their respective crit scrolls, elemental resist scrolls, and the nice crafted food that level 500+ cooking could get you. 
It makes little sense for something like this to be so impossible to get. 

So, yeah.. my opinion would be to make the Ultimate Transforms way more common than they are now where the norm would be everyone having easy access to Legendary Transforms so they can get to Ultimate without feeling like they're hamstrung going nowhere trying to keep up with people who already have Ultimates. 

741387901371285556.png?v=1

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Transformations

I really do appreciate this, although its not ideal (for right now) I hope you and the team are able to figure out a way to get more potions into the game. I do hope it is soon rather then later though, as there will be two more ulti transformations added in 7.6 (when looking at EU) that are better then the ones we have now. Even if you dont add a way to get contracts into the game, having a quick way to get ulti potions would be really nice. And I dont mean through level 9 renown, as thats something that not everyone can get for every map. Im having a hard enough time getting it for one map. If you do remove the partial renown reset, and maybe only reset a bit of renown for those with like level 8 and high or something, I would then completely understand adding them to level 9 traders. 

Im not saying to make them too easy to get, but I am asking that theyre not so difficult that you can only get them through being p2w or spent 40 hours a week on aion grinding. Something very reasonable for all players.

Wait.  Did you actually listen to the feedback on siege times or just look at the winner of the vote?  35% of your population finds it impossible to attend siege at 7p.  Not even the ET guys wanted siege before 8.  I get that starting at midnight is late, PT folks offered 11p ET as a compromise.  How many ppl with a job and a family think being ready to siege before 7p is reasonable?  Most of you wanted a late but not too late (10p siege).  @Kibbelz, you've gone from making it hard on folks to impossible for others.  Please go with a middle ground.

37 minutes ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Wait.  Did you actually listen to the feedback on siege times or just look at the winner of the vote?  35% of your population finds it impossible to attend siege at 7p.  Not even the ET guys wanted siege before 8.  I get that starting at midnight is late, PT folks offered 11p ET as a compromise.  How many ppl with a job and a family think being ready to siege before 7p is reasonable?  Most of you wanted a late but not too late (10p siege).  @Kibbelz, you've gone from making it hard on folks to impossible for others.  Please go with a middle ground.

If you add up the votes, then 66% of the votes (not accounting for "other") wanted siege times to start no later than 10 pm EST. Of that, approximately 20% wanted sieges to start BEFORE 10 pm.

So there is a very clear majority that wants a much earlier start than midnight. It actually looks like 10  pm is a very fair choice. Incidentally, that's not even my preferred time - I would prefer 9 pm EST as I have a job and a family and works best for me. However, as a compromise I voted 10 pm since I think it works better for everyone and I can manage that.

1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

If you add up the votes, then 66% of the votes (not accounting for "other") wanted siege times to start no later than 10 pm EST. Of that, approximately 20% wanted sieges to start BEFORE 10 pm.

So there is a very clear majority that wants a much earlier start than midnight. It actually looks like 10  pm is a very fair choice. Incidentally, that's not even my preferred time - I would prefer 9 pm EST as I have a job and a family and works best for me. However, as a compromise I voted 10 pm since I think it works better for everyone and I can manage that.

But do you want 7pm EST, how would that work for you?  I'd be ok with 9pm too, but ppl QQ'd that it was too late, and it probably is for folks on the East Coast.  But it's a lot easier for folks to stay up an hour later, than to try and get home from work, make and eat dinner, and then get the kids in bed an hour earlier.  8 PT, 11 ET feels at least doable for most ppl, even if it isn't their favorite.  Earlier and the PT folks aren't ready, and later the ET folks want to sleep.  

2 minutes ago, Amarah-KT said:

Overall it is nice to see some actual progress happening from the player feedback.  Thank you for actually caring!

+1.  I'm not happy with the outcome.  But the engagement is nice.

I completely agree with Falcy's post..........................................................no other post matter and ty for messing up the siege time for us eastern zoners cuz now i have to be home earlier and thats not so easy to do with my schedule...midnight is always a prefered time as it gives us more time you jack-azz.

Hi Kibbelz once again it's been a while since my last post ^^

First I wondering what's your current goal here ? Getting people back ? or getting new players or keep current players from leaving ? or just increasing income ?
I didn't say in these goals there're one that more important that others but I say you should focus on one goal right now instead doing it all ;o

I say Aion post 6.0 is like post nuclear apocalypse United States lol (This is reference to Fallout : Even Enclave antagonist in fallout universe plan is never repopulate in post nuclear America but they intend to go to another planet to repopulate there lol xD)

But since time travel and go outer space are not options for you ^^(Classic and launch new IP)
PvP must be completely optional or guards all over the place that super fast and super strong that even ultimate xform with everything +15 died from them (Think of company bodyguard shugo in 4.0 lol) anyway I suggested this based on outdated information if you already did this then nvm ;o
3-4 daily that give token for gears like ancient coins back in 4.0 (We don't like to farm endlessly from mobs we want dailies that once we did it is enough and can log out)
Skins that world drops and tradable.
Last thing remember diversity and choices are the most important,people don't like 6.0 because they don't have choices.Old aion is so great because people have choices if you don't want to do instances there're other ways to make money and get gears.I wish Aion can be more than killing stuff.Do you know a lot of games nowaday can be finish without killing at all ?

Whatever you do you mustn't force people to do but let people willing to do it.(Yep I'm talking about lugpug daily/weekly I feel like it's forced instead of choices xD)

You already gave people hope now just make it happen :)

Prestige needs a total revamp since 6.0 everything is outdated.

1. Some renown affiliated things with prestige wouldn't hurt also, like a passive buff for FXP boost (similar to the nabaru fruit active buff) and some prestige pink quests for renown for all regions.
  2. Vending machine needs a total update and a ton more items to choose. The prices could go down a bit seriously.
  3. And why not, prestige exclusive instances for XP/AP/FXP or whatever. Like a perma event for prestige users.
  4. Add a 7 days prestige for those that cannot play a lot or travel, if someone can play a little more for that week he could use a 7 day prestige instead of a monthly one. Maybe people need prestige only when there is an event present and that event lasts 2 weeks or something.

Archived