Was this really just a fail??

Abra-DN

Oh. Then if your characters are under 65, they won't get the names back.

I do understand that you don't like the guidelines. I don't really like them either. But as long as they are applied fairly, then none of this is a fail.

Can we agree on that?

We can agree that they are applying what they said somewhat... they did mess a lot of people too with the housing system so they didn't do as they said in that, but still my fail comes not from them not applying them, but how they did it and how they are handling it

If someone's spent the last 3 years building a reputation as PrettyAngel on another server, and they're level 73 and an active player while a level 30 alt has been PrettyAngel for 7 years, I'd still rather give the name to the higher level character who is actually utilizing the name rather than the one functionally camping it.

But that's just my two cents.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

If someone's spent the last 3 years building a reputation as PrettyAngel on another server, and they're level 73 and an active player while a level 30 alt has been PrettyAngel for 7 years, I'd still rather give the name to the higher level character who is actually utilizing the name rather than the one functionally camping it.

But that's just my two cents.

See that's why I still think they should have asked the community first. I can understand that completely but you can't even know if that one higher level toon isn't an alt too, so why would the level matter in that way? I'm starting to think it's just a business model they're following here, because in the end, the higher level character will most likely give them more profit

Hypothetically, the higher level alt is actually being played on occasion instead of sitting unused in someone's account. A level 30 character (especially after several years) is not being actively used and should not have first call to the name.

It's functionally the same set-up they did for the 2010 merges. Higher level got first dibs at the name, followed by age.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Hypothetically, the higher level alt is actually being played on occasion instead of sitting unused in someone's account. A level 30 character (especially after several years) is not being actively used and should not have first call to the name.

It's functionally the same set-up they did for the 2010 merges. Higher level got first dibs at the name, followed by age.

That depends on what you think being "played" stands for, I can say I have been "playing" more on my lower levels since last big update, and since I want to have almost all class as a higher level, not all of them are high enough yet, it doesn't mean that I am not actively playing them all, I just share my time between them

I also agree on giving level more important than age for the reasons pointed out by Cheese, but also how a named can be "used".

The level 73 PrettyAngel can belong to a static group which an instance requires to be ran, while the level 53 PrettyAngel can only do instances which can be LFGed. The level 73 can bea Governor or high ranking officer, the level 53 cannot. The level 73 can join sieges and raid events (the ones that matter), the level 53 cannot. 

As far as I am concerned if your character is not 66 by now it is either a new one, or you really aren’t that interested in playing it. Either way you shouldn’t get first run at names. I have alts created 12 months ago that have literally leveled to 66+ purely through very inconsistently run Luna dailies/weeklies. And I left those alts with random names for over a week to let active players have first dibs before I reclaimed their names or chose new ones. With the leveling curve as easy as it is now, if you aren’t 66 on your older toons by now, all I can ask is why do you deserve that name over someone who put in even the barest minimum of effort to get their toons to 66?

5 hours ago, Abra-DN said:

I like how you people just assume I was the one stealing the names, it was the other way around.

For example, a name was taken from one of my toons, because they weren't over level 65, a toon that I've had for a really long time and I even sent them a screenshot to prove it, a screenshot of a really old login interface they had back in 2010 if I remember right.

So yeah no, I'm not stealing anyone's name, they were mine too.

I didn't mean to say you were stealing, it kind of just came out wrong.  Everybody took names that they didn't have before and to be honest, after two weeks I can't believe all the names I snagged are still there totally uncontested.  I don't think I have had a single name reclaimed but I am not going to be mad if it happens, the original guy deserves his name regardless of his situation.

Greetings Daevas,

Server merges are happening on Wednesday, October 11. Character names and Legion names will be reset, and all character will receive a Name Change Ticket and Legion Brigade Generals will receive a Legion Name Change to reacquire the names they were using before the merge.

Of course we expect there to be conflicts as players with the same name on different servers may be attempting to reclaim their ownership on the new merged server. We’ll be helping directly mediate any name ownership disputes through our Customer Support department.

For us to be able to assist everyone as quickly as possible, please be aware of the following:

• Only reacquire a name you were actively using prior to the server merges. If you have no prior claim to the name and a dispute is filed, you will lose it. Further, if there is malicious intent found to be behind you acquiring the name, action can and will be taken against your account.
  • Do not hold names for friends. A name ownership dispute is the appropriate avenue for them to resolve their request. Also be aware Legion/Character Name Change tickets will also temporarily be made unavailable for purchase following the merge, which will make saving names more difficult for both of you.

Customer Support will assist players with name ownership disputes, and determining rightful ownership based on the following:

• Are both characters level 65+?
    • If not, the higher level character will own the name
    • If so, ownership will be given to the character with the earliest creation date
  • Are both legions recently active with active players?
    • If not, the more active legion will be given the name
    • If so, ownership will be given to the legion with the highest contribution

Please understand that name ownership disputes may take time based on overall request volume, with the average wait time being up to a week or longer. We’ll be handling these requests in the order in which they’re received.

You have up to 30 days from the merge date to submit an appeal for a name ownership dispute.

Cyan posted this on October 6, a few days before the merge, If any player didnt read it, its not NC fault, any player knowing that something so important is about to happen as the server merges, should have stayed informed of what was going to happen with his/her characters

3 hours ago, Fubar-DN said:

As far as I am concerned if your character is not 66 by now it is either a new one, or you really aren’t that interested in playing it. Either way you shouldn’t get first run at names. I have alts created 12 months ago that have literally leveled to 66+ purely through very inconsistently run Luna dailies/weeklies. And I left those alts with random names for over a week to let active players have first dibs before I reclaimed their names or chose new ones. With the leveling curve as easy as it is now, if you aren’t 66 on your older toons by now, all I can ask is why do you deserve that name over someone who put in even the barest minimum of effort to get their toons to 66?

"Playing" at least for me, doesn't involve me leveling my toon, I enjoy logging in to just craft stuff as odd as that sounds, even the people that knows me could tell you I don't even join groups that much, I enjoy going around and taking screenshots, messing around in pvp sometimes, farming and stuff like that, and in my humble opinion, I deserve to have a name I owned as much as a player that only went and leveled up with Luna quests, if that is what they enjoy then so be it, but I don't think that doing different activities in game means automatically that I am not playing. Feels like saying that if someone doesn't do PvP they aren't playing the game, or vice versa.

I am playing Aion since the beta and I'm a bit disappointed by the carless of how we are treated lately. I do not like the way they took our houses away, okay I got what I paid long, long time ago but I lost most of my wallpapers and floors covers items. :( Items that I got from the luna shop. I know that I could send a ticket to support and I could get them back.... but having just a studio I did not bother, I have reached a point that I do not care anymore. I play less and less Aion, due to the fact that getting experience is a pain, getting accepted in a group is harder than ever and sometimes I'll be waiting for too long. I do not do PvP and getting out of Illuma is like being assaulted instantly by asmos who, I think, are bored to death. :)  So my playing this game is not often as usual and all fun I used to have has "almost" gone, it is so sad because Aion is the only game I like. <3

6 minutes ago, Melodiosa-KT said:

I am playing Aion since the beta and I'm a bit disappointed by the carless of how we are treated lately. I do not like the way they took our houses away, okay I got what I paid long, long time ago but I lost most of my wallpapers and floors covers items. :( Items that I got from the luna shop. I know that I could send a ticket to support and I could get them back.... but having just a studio I did not bother, I have reached a point that I do not care anymore. I play less and less Aion, due to the fact that getting experience is a pain, getting accepted in a group is harder than ever and sometimes I'll be waiting for too long. I do not do PvP and getting out of Illuma is like being assaulted instantly by asmos who, I think, are bored to death. :)  So my playing this game is not often as usual and all fun I used to have has "almost" gone, it is so sad because Aion is the only game I like. <3

How is the loss of housing careless? Every region that has had a merge (including Korea) has had a housing reset. There is no other way. You complain about the loss of your housing items, but then talk about how you can get them back but are choosing not to. So you had an avenue to fix what you see as careless treatment, but don't want to.

I don't understand how getting a group is harder. On DN there are groups almost 24/7. You can max out your entries to most relevant instances on not only your main, but all your alts too as long as they are semi-geared. 

If you played since beta, then this isn't the first time you have experienced PvP on a this scale. Hell. I remember back on Kaisinel trying to complete "Killing for Castor" and getting mowed down by twinks over and over and over. Also, the fact that you don't recognize that Elyos are out PvPing in both Iluma and Norsvold and no one is bored. Finally those that like to PvP are out actually doing that.. both races.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Also, the fact that you don't recognize that Elyos are out PvPing in both Iluma and Norsvold and no one is bored. Finally those that like to PvP are out actually doing that.. both races.

Agreed. Those who pvp in open world do so because they like it. I don't like open world pvp, so I don't participate in it, BUT I am also never upset when I get killed (or when I have to fight back and kill someone else) in open world. It's part of the game. Also, everyone acts like it happens literally every single minute. Am I just that lucky that I can often spend 45 minutes killing those stupid omens and not see one Elyos?

4 minutes ago, 2s105DF7-DN said:

why didn't they just give us, the our names with the old server suffix next to it.

That's a good question and a question that hasn't been answered. In the end, though, it doesn't matter. Even with the old server suffix, you still had people stealing names or disputing the rights to names.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That's a good question and a question that hasn't been answered. In the end, though, it doesn't matter. Even with the old server suffix, you still had people stealing names or disputing the rights to names.

I don't understand why either, it would probably have been the fairest solution. I can live with the solution the implemented.  I 'm sadder to see people using names of my old friends who've left the game.  

Archived