Jump to content
Forums

RNG Lootbox Days Numbered Possibly?


Recommended Posts

They are going ahead with the class action lawsuit against EA for Lootboxes. YongYea is a little pretentious but he at least is good with sources. This is a big deal going on atm because outcome and ramifications can apply to games like Aion in NA, Austraila, and Europe with things like the transformation boxes, crafting events like with the Celestial weapons, and any other event or sale that requires extremely low odds RNG and that amounts to gambling and contribute to gambling addiction.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is a video about this(for the life of me i can not remember the name) in Korea's side of this issue. All that came of it in Korea was that they have to show %'s of being able to obtain something so it will not go away but players can make more informed decisions.

Tbqh that'd be much better than what's right now.

As much as I love this other game, I hate the most desirable cosmetics (thank god it's only cosmetics) being gated behind RNG boxes that you don't know the rates on, let alone having necessary items gated behind RNG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

There is a video about this(for the life of me i can not remember the name) in Korea's side of this issue. All that came of it in Korea was that they have to show %'s of being able to obtain something so it will not go away but players can make more informed decisions.

this is again another theory craft..what they do in Korea is different in America..Korea might get away with putting percentage..in America they gonna have to put a price on the item..for example Tiamat ultimate transform cost 8000 nc coins..no more getting a box with 0.0001% of getting it..that is a form of gambling what they are doing now..you is basically paying for the odds of winning..it the same as you betting on horses at the derby..

east vs west..things don't go the same..we have our own government and laws..same as Korea have there own..whatever America agree upon NC soft will have to obey it..don't care what Korea say..long as the game in America they will comply..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saijah-KT said:

this is again another theory craft..what they do in Korea is different in America..Korea might get away with putting percentage..in America they gonna have to put a price on the item..for example Tiamat ultimate transform cost 8000 nc coins..no more getting a box with 0.0001% of getting it..that is a form of gambling what they are doing now..you is basically paying for the odds of winning..it the same as you betting on horses at the derby..

east vs west..things don't go the same..we have our own government and laws..same as Korea have there own..whatever America agree upon NC soft will have to obey it..don't care what Korea say..long as the game in America they will comply..

You know what's really funny?

 

 

If they made an ultimate xform on BCM for 8000 BCM they would make so much money it would break the NCSoft quarterly earnings. It's hilarious to think about, but they aint running this game to make money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

You know what's really funny?

 

 

If they made an ultimate xform on BCM for 8000 BCM they would make so much money it would break the NCSoft quarterly earnings. It's hilarious to think about, but they aint running this game to make money. 

8000 would be too cheap the way transformations are going. They had titles(aion chosen and maybe some others) ranging from 4k to 8k in packs with other items. Also brokerable, so instead of players buying from gold from gold sellers, they would buy from NC instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...