Weekly Server Maintenance - September 2, 2020

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hello!

There is a planned server maintenance occurring from approximately 4am - 6:45am PT tomorrow, September 2, to deploy a regular maintenance patch.

We have much more planned for the 11th Anniversary, but our first events kickoff soon and are detailed in the articles below:

Dungeon Delve Event: https://www.aiononline.com/news/dungeon-delve-event

Store Update: https://www.aiononline.com/news/september-store-update-2020

Anniversary Boost Event: https://www.aiononline.com/news/11th-anniversary-boost-event

We hope you enjoy the update!

Edit:

In addition to the items above, the following changes were also deployed:

Gameplay Bug Fixes

• Abyss Core monsters will no longer provide XP/AP during non-siege times.
  • Removed tutorial quests related to the disabled auto-hunting system.
  • Fixed an issue where Renown points were deducted more than intended.

Localization/Text Fixes

• Fixed text being cut off in the item upgrade window.
  • Fixed flight and teleporter NPCs having Korean text on their maps.
  • Fixed an issue where quest text did not match a quest item name in [Instance Dungeon] Scouting the Unstable Danuar Mysticarium Entrance.
  • Fixed incorrect dates listed on Class Master NPCs.
  • Changed Nightmare Coins to Event Coins.
  • Removed references to Shugo Sweep dice in Terirunerk's dialog.
  • Fixed minor grammatical issues in various areas of the UI.
  • Changed the [Engraving] tag to [BCM] for some items.Gameplay Bug Fixes

4ee336affbee8306bb6e1e359e5804a4c6462af5

vJsVMmd.gif

Same feeling for the costume rotation too, honestly. Like, really? Only five skins? That's a little disappointing- skins and cosmetics are such a bizarre scarcity. I'm glad the popular Eli's Uniform is included but I think if you're gonna do costume rotations, there should be a lot more options- do a wider variety of older skins, and then the special 3-5 can be unreleased costumes or ones that were limited to previous events.

So no events yet, OK. "Dungeon Delve Event"... I had a mini heart attack thinking we got a new REAL dungeoned event, but then I realized you are giving a buf for existing instances I no longer do (since I have done each one of them about 1000 times already).

I hope the more events you plan for anniversary are better.

Tbh I'm extremely disappointed. Last year we had the anniversary coin event which was absolutely AMAZING that event was great for returning players and active players alike. Even this being a teaser event to incoming events this month is a slap to the face to the community.

Give us rewarding events with great rewards to switch up the grind a bit!  Smoldering fire temple, Shugo Deava Dash, Kumuki Cave these old school events can be so draining but with the right rewards can be so worth it! Only when those events were active was the LFG list full.

The version I wanted to see:

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, September 2, 2020 from 4:00 a.m. - 6:45am PT. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours.

Changes

• Routine website and server maintenance
  • Class Master event will continue
  • Aetherforge Masters will end and the related designs will be removed
  • Frosty Fever will end and the Summer Fun Shop will pack up for the season
  • Dungeon Delve Event will begin. You can find full details here
  • Anniversary Boost Event will begin. You can find full details here
  • Added a September store update. You can find full details here

Be sure to follow @AionOps for server updates.

Maintenance Images of the Week
unknown.pngc0d36e0bef7e610ce97ff9aa0b52366e.jpg1*75KtrmXfJHokTjqXhstt2w.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Amiteahx-KT said:

Where is the minium vault compensation for Asmodians?

The right path for Elyos did not offer four boxes only the 3 with minium chances if the minion didn't get there first. The box with the chance for a contract was never there, the dude in the middle for random path seems necessary for that and I don't need compo for that..it was actually a nice change to have a less cluttered inventory. I was just happy to be able to count the runs towards my daily completions for the weekly as they were then :) That instance it would be a rapid catch up, and maybe all forgotten in a week or two by most...maybe.

I hope we have more things going on next week for Anniversary because this event (if you even can call it that) is underwhelming.I also reading event name thought we were finally getting a  temporally instanced pve event but got sadly misled...

Atleast make it 1500 def and attack. 150 doesnt do much even for the not so geared bunch.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:09 PM, Kibbelz said:

Gameplay Bug Fixes

• Removed tutorial quests related to the disabled auto-hunting system.
  • Fixed an issue where Renown points were deducted more than intended.

http://tw.ncsoft.com/aion/news/notice/view.aspx?nn=3511

TW weekly maintenance update:

- 修正每週區域名聲分數額外扣除問題,並重新套用每週名聲點數依照等級減少之設定。

• Fixed an issue where Renown points were deducted more than intended, and weekly Renown points deduction resuming based on the Renown level.

- 為了配合7.7改版日程,調整名譽點數競爭排名之賽季時間。

• Adjusted Glory Point Competition Ranking season duration in preparation for the upcoming 7.7 game update.

- 於非要塞戰期間,調整為無法從深層護衛NPC獲得經驗值/AP。

Does this mean the weekly renown deduction on NA are resuming starting the next monday?

@Kibbelz

Archived