Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

In our effort to improve Aion across many areas of gameplay, we are now taking a look at events! We are eager to hear your feedback around this area of the game - most especially in regards to event prizes and cadence/frequency. We also welcome feedback on other topics - however these specific areas are ones where we are most able to make changes. We can also share your feedback regarding design/mechanics with the development team, so please certainly give us your feedback on this topic as well. Remember to be constructive, and thank you!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the events which we actually have to PLAY to earn prizes.. and also, the ones with group involved to incentive the team work. I would like to see more events that make u clear instances to get some kind of coin to buy rewards and buy stuff with 100% of success, NO RNG INVOLVED like the craft one.

Also, make those events truly rewarding, with the most expensive prize to be something really wanted, like legendary transformation contracts and +15 Stigmas! Like, do a way to make players farm in every instance for like 2 or 4 weeks to buy the top prize! And make them constant.. people like to do events. Other games like Final Fantasy XIV never have a single week without events.

In other hand, I know we need p2w events, because we are a f2p game, but NEVER, EVER.. do a p2w event without a f2p event running as well. It's VERY discouraging for the majority of the players. 

The last decision about transformation was good.. make it a permanent mechanic, but don't wait like 6 months to deliver another transformation promotion.. make one each 2 months, for example. Also, try to do something similar to stigmas, like.. if u fail 300 stigma enchant from 0 to 9 or 9 to 12 on a event with stigma enchantments, let the player have a +9 or +12 stigma.. incentive the new players :)

For now is the only things I can remember about events.

Quarter 4 of the year is a busy time for events; Halloween, Thanksgiving and New Years. 

Halloween:

I think pretty much speaks for itself as far as the prizes, I am referring to the 4 Halloween themed Legendary Transformations. It would NOT be game breaking to give those 4 Legendary Transformations out freely since the stats are NOT overly insane. But, the stat boost will still help newer players and returning players.Maybe a selection box for players so they do not get one that is not for their class. With the chance of continuing to grind for the other 3 to complete the collection, that being said, do NOT make it outrageous grind either, little grind is fine, spending many hours grinding is no good. By many hours I mean like 20+ hours to get 1 Legendary Contract.

Manastones (Legendary/Ultimate) Enchantment Stones (Legendary/Ultimate) are always welcome as well.

Ulitmate PvE gear is also a nice addition.

Thankgiving:

Could make it a food/beverage event for the month, added pve/pvp food/drink buffs. Maybe you could use Benirunerk's Estate instances since there is literally a couple of tables of food at the starting area. 

And again, Manastones (Legendary/Ultimate) Enchantment Stones (Legendary/Ultimate) are always welcome as well.

Christmas:

NCsoft could REALLY benefit for Christmas event. @Kibbelz you could put a poll of what items we would like to see in the usual snowball event a month before like in the middle of November, keep the poll open for a couple weeks. Then at the start of December you can send the results to the Development team to put those most requested items in the loot table.

I can not really think of anything else as of right now... 

AND OF COURSE WHEN I HIT SUBMIT; I thought of something else.

Gameforge AION EU, has players (streamers on twitch.tv) that they have Partnered up with to do like PR stuff for new releases such as items instances, etc. That would be pretty cool if we saw a closer collaboration between NCwest and the players, might be able to get the game back on its feet.

12 minutes ago, Bjorn-DN said:

I really like the events which we actually have to PLAY to earn prizes.. and also, the ones with group involved to incentive the team work. I would like to see more events that make u clear instances to get some kind of coin to buy rewards and buy stuff with 100% of success, NO RNG INVOLVED like the craft one.

Also, make those events truly rewarding, with the most expensive prize to be something really wanted, like legendary transformation contracts and +15 Stigmas! Like, do a way to make players farm in every instance for like 2 or 4 weeks to buy the top prize! And make them constant.. people like to do events. Other games like Final Fantasy XIV never have a single week without events.

In other hand, I know we need p2w events, because we are a f2p game, but NEVER, EVER.. do a p2w event without a f2p event running as well. It's VERY discouraging for the majority of the players. 

The last decision about transformation was good.. make it a permanent mechanic, but don't wait like 6 months to deliver another transformation promotion.. make one each 2 months, for example. Also, try to do something similar to stigmas, like.. if u fail 300 stigma enchant from 0 to 9 or 9 to 12 on a event with stigma enchantments, let the player have a +9 or +12 stigma.. incentive the new players :)

Agreed. But I think that 300 stigma enchant fail is too much for our sanity :D.
And dont forget about bringing weapon/armor/skill skins too :x.

Sorry kibbelz, I don't understand why you do this type of post asking if in the other post you did asking, What else people talked about was ultimate or legendary transformation, and you knew and put transformation to sell hahaha, you want to know now what can sell what everyone wants? "put cubic to sell now on the site" since everyone who wanted to spent money to get the ultimate transformation may be able to profit from cubic now. 

Please do not take my comment as an offense. 

it's just a comment from a player who plays every day, and is tired of the game the way it is

Events should encourage people to actually play the game... run sieges, run instances, and farm open world. Over half of these events that we've had has led  to some form afk activity on alts or are completely P2W. Not much different from a cookie clicker gacha lately 

@Kibbelz @Loki good afternoon you already asked this question a few days ago all the players said that they wanted the ultimate select transformation event but you engnorou us and put it on the website to sell and profit .... now will the poor players be able to have an ultimate select transformation too??

QsAW7ab.png

@Kibbelzbe fair it puts an ultimate select transformation event for us free to player

In addition to the important items listed above (transformations, stigmas, etc) that we need in events, could we also get an NPC from whom we can purchase skins and motion cards with event coins? We beg, beg, and beg for old and rare skins, but we continue to get the same ones rotated on the BCM -- very rarely at that. We almost never have the motion cards rotated. I've been asking to literally give NCWest real money for the Dragon's Set motion on the BCM for nearly a year now, and it has not been put up. Others have been begging for the Red's Basket for Granny motion card, and we haven't seen that one in over two years now. An NPC to purchase these cosmetic items in an event would be much appreciated.

An example of this being done in the past was actually in last year's 10th Anniversary event. (https://www.aiononline.com/news/10th-daevas-day-event-celebrations) It had the Fashion Robot which had the fairy wings icon_cash_item_bfly_shoulder_01.png, Swing Dance card icon_cash_item_action_swing_dance_01.png, and some other cosmetic items available for purchase with the anniversary coins we received. I really enjoyed saving up to purchase those two items.

18 minutes ago, Majoor-KT said:

First: Events that add 150 PVE Buff is not cool, actually, it's a punch in the face.

Second: We need events that can be really rewarded, we need ULTIMATE TRANSFORMATIONS, STIGMAS,OLD MOTIONS, PERMA MOUNTS, SKINS, ETC!

Totally Agree with this!

As buff events, we need 1 kinah retuning back! Its very expensive roll status of ultimate gears! 

As rewards we can have more options to get Legendary transformations or Gemstones/Runestones too. 

So many items could be introduced in events, I'll try to list some I have in mind:

• Ultimate / Legendary Enchantments at a fair price;
  • Ultimate Selection Manastone box at a fair price;
  • Pre-enchanted Paragon equipment box;
  • +15 Selection Stigmas box;
  • Imbued Weapons;
  • Legendary / Ultimate Selection Box with Renown Tonic;
  • Daevanion Essences and Selection books at a fair price;
  • Rank S minions;
  • Legendary Transformations (maybe even Ultimate at a low chance, since you guys love rng so much T_T);
  • Crimson Katalam skins with skills;
  • Cubics! Put them to drop in sacks (not talking about monster ones);
  • Cute Skins / Mounts.

Also, we could have like a day in the week that has increased success in enchantment rates for equipment, daevanion skills, stigmas, transformation combinations, etc. like in a rotation - each one in a different day, or week. This sort of system would make the players want to farm more, play more (and even buy more from the store).

And like Bjorn said, NEVER, EVER.. do a p2w event without a f2p event running as well. It's VERY discouraging for the majority of the players.  Make a way that all players can get things done, either by partially paying for it or working hard.

Sincerely, I liked the Ice cream event for its simplicity. Did I wish we had better prizes on the npc sell list? Yes. But it was for everyone. 

Now, when I see an event that is badly RNG based or World Boss based, I just don't wanna participate anymore,  I know I'll probably not get it, and I get discouraged. 

I'll try to get more ideas later. Thank you for asking for feedback.

I'm sorry if I don't seem constructive but if by now you don't know what people want I don't know what to tell you...pack everything up shut the game down and move on to other things. Nothing personal but you (NCS) coming here and asking what people want in an attempt to show that you care doesn't fly anymore , I  mean you could just take a look at Europe for example if you really want to improve. My 2 cents anyways, there's no suggestion I can make that was not said already like thousands of times. Peace

I just don't want stream of events that effect the environment and atmosphere such as special mobs being around the areas, decorations and such. I just cant enjoy the story and the areas when these things are going on and there has been a lot of events which such things. I do love these events but I just want plenty of downtime so I can continue to do the story and just enjoy the areas. Please and thanks!

I think its a great idea to do a fun event,the last 10 events are just about afking or just killing the same mobs over and over, I would love to see the run event again, that was so fun to do and had great rewards too! or maybe a parkour event or something like that would be pretty fun too, just something to do daily and without getting bored :/

Cubics!  Bring back some way to get the old cubics, even if it has to be via an event.  Also, let's bring back the Shugo Imperial Vault where if you committed to the grind you could get legendary transformation random and legendary transformation selection boxes.  That was a good mix of p2w and f2p since you could p2w to grind faster, or if you were diligent and f2p'd every day of the event on 8 alts, you could get 8 legendary transforms by the end of it if you hit s rank every run.

Lastly, consider reviving the Fire Temple event, but with a prize matrix somewhere between the original (which was incredibly generous) and the last incarnation (which was incredibly stingy).

3 hours ago, Bjorn-DN said:

... I totally agree with Bjorn comment.

you need to do events with good rewards that can help all players to have a balance. it's demotivating having to play 24hrs every day so you can have something.

all new players give up because of that. we love AION and we need more incentives..

think about it

Consistency is key.

A bit of back story. 6.0 was event starved. We were given events that had 5.0 rewards in them because they were not updated. When good events came around if you did not get lucky/pay enough during that event it was likely you were waiting 6 months for another good event to come around(which is why players are so upset with the transformation system). When we did get good events they were nerfed mid event(look in to the alchemy event saga). 

Personally i am not a fan of event driven game-play but there really is no situation in the foreseeable future where Aion's main progression source comes from playing the game so if at the very least you give players a consistent progression source that is good enough.

You need to think about the low end rewards as well because getting 1-5 A rank minium or 10 transformation scrolls just feels insulting, Especially if it is an active event.

I think you guys do a pretty good job on frequency with events but I'd like to see more care taken with which events you decide to pair together (this applies to concurrent shop specials/deals too). As has been mentioned a few times here already, do not run entirely (or almost entirely) p2p events without running something substantial that is mostly f2p. Since you guys aren't too skittish about running multiple events at once, this shouldn't really be a difficult thing to do. Just sit down and ask yourselves which group of players (New/Returning/Active) the event appeals to and, if one or more groups isn't impacted by an event, run one alongside it that hits the rest of the groups. It doesn't have to be perfect but I think you guys have heard a lot of moaning when this stuff isn't taken into account at all.

Also, on this point, don't skimp on events that ask us to be active out in the world/instances. Afk events are fine as long as we also have something pulling us out of town, a lot of Aion's strength as a game is found outside the confines of whatever town we're in and we already have a ton of daily activities that ask us to be mostly afk. Give us reasons to be active. (Psst, this means run some PvP-centric events that aren't solely based on world bossing),

Rewards. I'd like to see a lot more of the fringe stuff that's mostly restricted to world bosses find its way into events sporadically. It's okay that it's rare but the idea that anyone outside of a very select few could possibly end up with a t3 Imbued weapon is nonsense. Extendies need to find their way back into circulation as well though I think, if my memory serves, we are getting new ones soon-ish. Still, those need to be available again. As for transformations I keep seeing a ton of people just directly asking for Ultimates. I don't really care how it happens but Legendaries need to be vastly easier to come by which should, in turn, give us far better access to ultimates. We all have collections to complete that require essentially the entire roster of legendaries and ultimates and virtually no way to even begin to get that done. You've made it clear with previous posts that these are intended to be rare and difficult to get, that's fine.  But with the rates we have, I could get a legendary for free every week and have a terrible chance of seeing an ultimate for months. Our current rates break down to 1/2 a month. That's crazy. Monetize the roster, not everyone's first ultimates. tl;dr Legendary Transformations should be on essentially every event reward list for how critically important they are.

Lastly, a little feedback on this little buff shugo we've got in instances. 150 attack is fine for something like Primeth's Normal but if your goal here was to encourage players to try new instances even if their gear maybe isn't quite up to par, this buff needs to be a lot higher in stuff like AoA or the HMs. Like, it's fine but it basically amounts to nothing. People who couldn't do it before probably can't do it now, and those who could still can. Instead, look to run events that promote people to go for their first clears on stuff (specific HM bosses/AoA/etc) that get the community into a more active place for helping each other reach their endgame goals while giving newer players a taste of the more difficult content. Give mentor-ish bonuses, first clear bonuses, etc. Other games do this with fair frequency, look to them for some examples of how to shape your PvE community into a more healthy version of what we have now.

Archived