Forums

New Launcher

Arhangelos

Nobody asked for this to be honest and I don't find the reason. In the site it says that you will be able to see twitch videos and streamers... nope, this is where you stop, if we want to go to social media we can do it. This looks like you are trying to make the launcher like EPIC games where it is not just a launcher but a promotional and advertisement platform and social media.

We are old school grumpy mmorpg players, we won't like this for sure.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my immediate reaction, too.  I haven't downloaded it yet - but just going on their track record, I expect bugs and B.S.  They can't fix the mountain of years-old problems they already have, and decide to add a new layer of complexity so they can have more things that break that they can't fix.

I'm old and grumpy but I'm loving  the new launcher, and that "stream" feature should be judge for the ones that do stream. Am I right? I was actually going to check it out to see how it works :S

11 minutes ago, TheHarlot-DN said:

Uhhh..and now it also seems that with this launcher we can't open a 2nd client??????booooooooooo.......

Yes you can. You just have to close the launcher (x) and then click on the "aion" icon, not the laucher's.

As a streamer, the requirements to be shown on the launcher seem really invasive. I will test it out, sure. But, I will be very observant as to what is happening in the background..

ALSO, for those that noticed a ping increase, I had found deleting the old launcher somehow stabilized my ping. Before deleting the old launcher and using the new one, my ping was anywhere from 50-116ms... After deleting the old launcher, back to normal with 16-25ms...

4 minutes ago, Zeyra-KT said:

I'm old and grumpy but I'm loving  the new launcher, and that "stream" feature should be judge for the once that do stream. Am I right? I was actually going to check it out to see how it works :S

Yes you can. You just have to close the launcher (x) and then click on the "aion" icon, not the laucher's.

Got it...TYVM...

1 minute ago, Hoarror-KT said:

As a streamer, the requirements to be shown on the launcher seem really invasive. I will test it out, sure. But, I will be very observant as to what is happening in the background..

ALSO, for those that noticed a ping increase, I had found deleting the old launcher somehow stabilized my ping. Before deleting the old launcher and using the new one, my ping was anywhere from 50-116ms... After deleting the old launcher, back to normal with 16-25ms...

An update of what comes from that testing will be much appreciated.

I didn't notice a ping change, 175ms as I'm argentinian, I was scared of choosing my country's region but seems to work just fine. I do wonder what is all about those numbers in the tittle bar, next to Aion.

1 minute ago, Hoarror-KT said:

Probably coincidence...

9 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

This is my immediate reaction, too.  I haven't downloaded it yet - but just going on their track record, I expect bugs and B.S.  They can't fix the mountain of years-old problems they already have, and decide to add a new layer of complexity so they can have more things that break that they can't fix.

my reaction to the new launcher....

chloe-classica.jpg

what is that for?

9 minutes ago, Zeyra-KT said:

I wasn't trying to run two.  I was trying to run one, and getting the two-client error.

For some reason it was running as a background process and had to shut it down via the Task Manager.  It wasn't running where it could be seen, or on the task bar.  So if you (future readers troubleshooting) are getting the error, try opening the task manager and shutting down any instances of Aion/Launcher in the list.

1 minute ago, DontSee-KT said:

You are probably right, logged on and off many times, using different VPN servers on each the old and new launcher before deleting the old one; Old Launcher was normal ping while using the same VPNs for the new one, it was waay higher... SO, I don't know, hoping it may help whoever was also experiencing,with ping issues.

15 minutes ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

I wasn't trying to run two.  I was trying to run one, and getting the two-client error.

For some reason it was running as a background process and had to shut it down via the Task Manager.  It wasn't running where it could be seen, or on the task bar.  So if you (future readers troubleshooting) are getting the error, try opening the task manager and shutting down any instances of Aion/Launcher in the list.

I had to close the NCLauncher in task manager too, like they literally throw a beta version of a launcher right in front of our faces and they supposedly don't make this mandatory until a month later but there was no way around it. Every time you click the old launcher it brought the new launcher update window there in your face.

Nobody needs a social media platform to launch Aion. Heck we do not even need a launcher for aion, EU doesn't have one.

I remember when people were asking about the launcher because Blade and Soul got it in March 2019. So it was just a matter of time to see Aion getting added to it. Nothing really changes, which is good! As for the social media aspect, it's just an add on. If you wanna use it, do it, if not, it's whatever. *shrugs*

12 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

Totally agree with @Nyali-DN. I really like the new launcher since we can see ongoing events (with their full description), and it just looks way more pleasing to the eye than the old one. I haven’t had any issues with double clienting (yet, I guess?) so I don’t have a problem with it.

Also you can click on the links to Aion's site and forum and will redirect you already logged, which seems to fix a bug I had if I tried to do that from my browser. So yey to that aswell! :)

1 hour ago, TheHarlot-DN said:

Uhhh..and now it also seems that with this launcher we can't open a 2nd client??????booooooooooo.......

we can, just close the launcher and open it again, i just did it and could open a second client.

Neither do i understand whats the problem with the new launcher, NC dont have to ask us if we want it or not, its a decition of the company to gather all their games with one laucher, just like it was 7 years ago. one launcher for Lineage, Lineage2, Aion, City of Heros, etc etc....

21 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...we just dislike it, there is no technical "problem". There was also nothing "wrong" with Aion mobile, but it died because people didn't like it.

I'm a bit confused by your comparison. Aion Mobile didn't die because its icon in the app store got changed, it got shut down because of in-game reasons (from what I understood at least), not because they tried to modernize its login screen/icon.

35 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

I'm a bit confused by your comparison. Aion Mobile didn't die because its icon in the app store got changed, it got shut down because of in-game reasons (from what I understood at least), not because they tried to modernize its login screen/icon.

Yes the question was what is wrong with the launcher. There doesn't have to be an issue to dislike it. We already wrote what we dislike about all inclusive busy programs that beg to do more than we ask for.

Archived