Forums

New Launcher

Arhangelos

19 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Actually there were people asking for this months ago...scratch that probably more than a year ago.

They were asking for a "new" launcher? No shade but why? Why do people care for the launcher? I will have to use it obviously but I will still not find the reason behind this.

18 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

To me isnt isnt running.

Game doesnt start anymore.

Other people had problems with the password not being recognized.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They were asking for a "new" launcher? No shade but why? Why do people care for the launcher? I will have to use it obviously but I will still not find the reason behind this.

Because BnS got it last year, so they were asking if ours is going to change too. All they did it add Aion to the launcher next to BnS and Lineage.

Dunno why people make such a huge deal about the new launcher... It's just a launcher!

tenor.gif

You don't know why people are making a big deal? Speaking for myself, I had little to no problem at all launching the game with the old launcher. The worst thing about the old launcher for me was having to wait for it to "load" the game files. Now with this new launcher, I have problems getting it to run the game at all, and sometimes when the loading screen reaches 100% the window freezes up and crashes.

The first time I tried this new launcher I had to hit the Start Game button over and over because the game would begin to load and then close. I had to do this up to six times before Aion finally launched. After the Emergency Maintenance yesterday, it loaded fine. Now, today my game keeps freezing at 100% and is "Not Responding" before ultimately closing.

I followed some other players advice about adding the word "old" to the Aion.bin file, but then the game could not be launched. So, I dropped the "old" from Aion.bin, ran the "Scan File" button, but it is still freezing and crashing at 100%, and I am still struggling to get Aion to launch from the get-go.

HELP!

7ddf49a55c119b1946226e7c7cc0cbc5cb24301d

6 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

Because BnS got it last year, so they were asking if ours is going to change too. All they did it add Aion to the launcher next to BnS and Lineage.

Dunno why people make such a huge deal about the new launcher... It's just a launcher!

If you do some research adding a product to your companies launcher solidifies its future for years to come. Some Aion players are saying this is Aion's final days give it 1 more month and it will be shut down next month the same thing. Next month again the same thing. At the very least it can remove the stigma of the game being shut down with-in the next year due to bad performance.

The new launcher doesn't deal with DirectX correctly. DirectX is a graphics library.

The old launcher would check to see of you had the right version of DirectX installed, and install it if you didn't. The current version says you have the wrong version DirectX and complains that you didn't read the instructions correctly on how to download DirectX manually. However, there are no instructions. This will become a huge obstacle for novice users.

Current users won't see the problem until they reload their operating system or get a new computer This is because all current Aion players have the correct version of DirectX installed, otherwise they wouldn't be able to play.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:32 PM, Nyali-DN said:

Because some of us have enough experience with any changes that NCWest makes having adverse affects.  It's not about "just a launcher" - it's about all the bugs and headaches that typically go with everything NCWest introduces unnecessarily.  Filed under category: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

That said, so far, except for the first-day issues, the launcher has been nice.  When the game randomly logs me out for being afk 30 seconds for a coffee refill, I get back in quicker now.  It's still slower than GameForge's setup, which I would love to have NCWest adopt, but it's still mildly better (so far) than what it was a short while ago.

15 hours ago, Shoenfein-DN said:

Because some of us have enough experience with any changes that NCWest makes having adverse affects.  It's not about "just a launcher" - it's about all the bugs and headaches that typically go with everything NCWest introduces unnecessarily.  Filed under category: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

That said, so far, except for the first-day issues, the launcher has been nice.  When the game randomly logs me out for being afk 30 seconds for a coffee refill, I get back in quicker now.  It's still slower than GameForge's setup, which I would love to have NCWest adopt, but it's still mildly better (so far) than what it was a short while ago.

GF doesn't even use a launcher, if you get a dc in game you simply hit "relog" and it is right where you were left.

We do not even need/want a launcher to begin with. It only brings more unnecessary steps and it doesn't serve a single purpose other than bringing potential bugs or hustle. We should load a client and then log into it, if we get dc we should be back to login screen and be able to relog instantly. Closing the client on a dc, is so pre-2010 era.

And remember, the launcher is nothing but a regional nerf, other regions don't even have launchers.

I don´t know if a new launcher was really required. 

Some players are new, but others saw so many of those unnecesary changes and usually some bugs and some days waiting them to be fixed. 

on the other hand, there are some things that really require a change. I totally would like to have a "reconnecting" function in Aion when something fails or you lose for few seconds your connection. Also would be really nice to have some kind of quick log in after a send log or a suddenly crash. I know that even 10 secs can be a lot in a middle of some battles. But some minutes having to open the launcher, reloging, waiting for a complete files scan, pin.... 

I saw that in other games, some of them so smaller than Aion and it really changes everything. 

Every single time I launch Aion, the game freezes at the loading screen on 100% for a solid 10 minutes, then I get the message Not Responding, and have to close the game and start all over again, re-loading the game from 0%. I have already re-installed the launcher and it did nothing.

20 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hey guys, please send in a ticket to customer support if you have any issues you with the new launcher. We want to fix as many of these issues for all the players that we can, and we appreciate you guys sending in your tickets to support.

You can submit a ticket via the support tab or: https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I did send a ticket to Support... They then told me to, "Refer to our forums for updates regarding this service." So, which is it, Forums or Support, oddly enough I just let the Support Ticket expire and close itself due to no response from me.

SO, who are we actually supposed to reach out to? Support doesn't seem to have the answers either...

@Loki @Kibbelz

• Daeva
On 9/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Hoarror-KT said:

I did send a ticket to Support... They then told me to, "Refer to our forums for updates regarding this service." So, which is it, Forums or Support, oddly enough I just let the Support Ticket expire and close itself due to no response from me.

SO, who are we actually supposed to reach out to? Support doesn't seem to have the answers either...

@Loki @Kibbelz

I'll bring it up with their team lead. Please continue to send in your tickets for these issues.

I have used the new launcher now for 2 weeks and I am ready to rip my hair out.  It launches properly about 50% of the time-- quite often it starts to launch game and then reverts back to start the game page. Big problem I have is the flashing black screen from time to time and many times NOT RESPONDING shows when changing characters or trying to use a portal and then often follows with a disconnect from server.  Who asked for this stupid half functioning slow launcher which is much slower than the old-- I compared.   I am tired of having some days to spend an hour to get the game running.  I quess ncsoft will frustrate us enough into quitting. Must say they are doing a fine job at that.  When I sent in a ticket about the issue they did nothing but refer me to the forum.  Do we even have Tech support or did they abandon use up and running.. 

We do not need a launcher to being with, an if we get one it should be a minimal one. A launcher is supposed to "help you" launch the game, period. I liked it when we didn't even have a launcher, simply start the client and login into it, as minimal as it gets.

Having news feed, event info, additional info and links is none of what we need in a launcher. It also brings mroe steps into ->launching<- the game, aka making it worse than without a client. We get a launcher for NA servers and when you put in the info by hand you have to select which region you play... literally!

--> A good feature is the fact it can hold information up to 5 accounts. That is giving the launcher an actual purpose even though we could live without it. A launcher should help you in the launching process.

Ditch this back to its abyss and bring us the old launcher. Do not see it as a defeat, ask the community if we need/want one. If the players do not want this it doesn't serve you a purpose to have it other than the additional support tickets you will have to receive for the bugs this brings.

You are not giving us this and upgrade our experience in any way, it is degrading to add additional irritating steps to simply launch the game.

I'm getting so confused by people that want the launcher to be reverted back.

Don't want to see the news? Then don't click on them and just click on launch

Don't want to select your region every time you log? Then make it remember your email (and it can remember 5!)

I really don't see where the "extra steps" are, isn't it literally the same steps as the old launcher? Put in password, press launch and done, no need to nyerk about it.

Plus what I find is a QoL improvement (for myself at least), is that when I get DC for AFK'ing, especially with this event where we afk all day, I don't have to put in my credentials again and just click launch again.

The only complaint I have for the new launcher is that news posts aren't updated, for example the 11th Anniversary event doesn't show up there, but other than that...

nada

14 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

I'm getting so confused by people that want the launcher to be reverted back.

Don't want to see the news? Then don't click on them and just click on launch

Don't want to select your region every time you log? Then make it remember your email (and it can remember 5!)

I really don't see where the "extra steps" are, isn't it literally the same steps as the old launcher? Put in password, press launch and done, no need to nyerk about it.

Plus what I find is a QoL improvement (for myself at least), is that when I get DC for AFK'ing, especially with this event where we afk all day, I don't have to put in my credentials again and just click launch again.

The only complaint I have for the new launcher is that news posts aren't updated, for example the 11th Anniversary event doesn't show up there, but other than that...

nada

This launcher causes problems in launching though. I never saw the links or anything else, if I want to I will go to the site directly. And as you said they threw the new launcher and they don't even bother updating the news feed (if this was what they wanted this launcher for). I do not even pay attention to them to even notice this lag in news feed.

The  extra steps are in launchers in general, and if you play from home it is ok to have them remember your login info, if you play from another pc or log into a friend's home you have to select the region even though our publisher has only one. This alone shows how awkward they are into bringing "new" stuff, this launcher looks like a beta version and they forgot to remove irrelevant options before launching it for our region.

We know very well how long it takes them to first acknowledge the issues and how much time it takes them to find a fix, this launcher can only be a burden and absolutely no fix to anything we didn't already have.

10 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I always have to go to Ctrl + Alt + Del now before I try to launch Aion because Aion never closes properly now. So when I try to launch it the next day, it says Aion is already running. So I have to go force-close it from task manager. Annoying, but 2020 be like dat. Ah well.

I also got this a few times and I didn't know why it happened. I had to alt+ctrl+del too. The launcher is defo not helping at launching the game, it makes it harder.

Initially I had the didn't recognize password problem with the launcher on both my accounts but I re-installed it making sure it was 'run as administrator'. Strangely this resolved the issue on one account but it persisted on the other so I changed the password for that on My Account and it was resolved, so I changed back to my old password and it stayed resolved. No problems with the 2 accounts running at same time, I just close the launcher after first account login, and start a new instance.

One thing I am happy about with the new launcher is that I have not encountered the PIN bug.

Archived