New Launcher but Pin Error not fixed yet?

Fungie-DN

To be fair, the 'new' launcher has a very circa 2016 vibe to it like a bad knock off of the Nexon launcher or the like; so knowing NCWest, they've been working on it for years now and they just finally got it half way done!  

That said; could we have gotten a better splash image on it than Tinyhead McDudeBro while high AF?  That art came with 6.x and it's freaking terrible.  

Yeeee... I also feel like it's needed to point out that the new launcher doesn't fix the pin bug as some people thought it does, misinformation here. The pin bug is related to the actual game files while the launcher, as the name already says it, is only launching the game itself to word it simple.

Also funny how it took them 1 year to add Aion to the already existing launcher. I feel like they have been playing the catching up game right now. I guess they gotta start somewhere! ;o

@Kibbelz, since we are all talking about the new launcher:

Can you please tell us if the "Default Installation path" is suppose to be set for the location of the launcher folder, or the location of the Aion game folder? For example, I have the nc launcher installed on my C: drive, but the actual Aion game folder is installed on my D: drive. Which location should I have this set for?

Hzd_pf5glA8N0XfE5aEYnhT1cVic9JB-OFJT83tm

Thank you!

I don't know why people keep posting for Kibbelz, it's a lost cause

if you haven't realized by now, everything we're getting is something that was already planned to be released, slapping a "We're listening to you" sticker on it.

Meanwhile in the actual game, all the problems are still there, we have full alliances and legions of people using vanillatool on both sides, transform rates are still pushing players away.

The only times we had where PVP might happen a little bit (sieges) were changed so that you're actually behind even further if you decide you want to PVP

Pin bug still exists, bug where you can't change target still exists,  bug where you cant enter/exit combat mode (sheath weapon) still exists, Katalam Server will probably bug again today

But they're working diligently on it.  Don't worry.

It's a really sad state of affairs when the people who claim to want to help and care about you continue to let you down over and over again. Unfortunately, I'm having tremendous problems with this new launcher and I have nobody else to turn to. Since updating I have experienced the following issues every time I try to launch the game:

1. Launcher initiates but does not load – happens all the time
  2. When launching Aion, the logo appears on screen but the client immediately crashes – happens multiple times in a row
  3. When the loading screen reaches 100%, the client freezes up and crashes – happens nearly every time the game has to load from scratch

In short, this is making it nearly impossible to log on to the game and causing me unwarranted stress and anxiety. Between the new launcher failing and the client problems like the PIN bug we’ve been dealing with for what feels like forever, I am at my wits end with this company. I am spending more time trying to launch this forsaken game than actually playing!

For those who are interested or may be experiencing the same problems, I have tried uninstalling the old launcher to eliminate conflict with the old files. I have also added the new launcher and Aion to my list of permitted programs on my antivirus and firewall. I have even tried reinstalling the new launcher from scratch in case something went awry during the initial installation. Truthfully, I fear if @Kibbelz or @Loki can't pass the message along and give me some help, I might just have a breakdown and call it quits!

• 1 month later...

I have similar problems where it jumps back to start game page and then when finally loads game to 100% it gets stuck and stays there with aion not responding.  Does ncsoft even care-- doesnt appear so as when went for help told me to go to the forums.  Why is forums just where we can nyerk and nothing comes of it.  I think ncsoft brought this failure as a way to shut it down .  Too frustrated and i dont have an hour which it has taken to get on the game.  Good job ncsoft .. you know how to shut this down.  I will be looking for a game where someone gives a dam and not rubbish their game.

39 minutes ago, Extracharms-DN said:

I have similar problems where it jumps back to start game page and then when finally loads game to 100% it gets stuck and stays there with aion not responding.  Does ncsoft even care-- doesnt appear so as when went for help told me to go to the forums.  Why is forums just where we can nyerk and nothing comes of it.  I think ncsoft brought this failure as a way to shut it down .  Too frustrated and i dont have an hour which it has taken to get on the game.  Good job ncsoft .. you know how to shut this down.  I will be looking for a game where someone gives a dam and not rubbish their game.

This also happens on both my windows 10 systems when trying to run the 64bit version of Aion.   (tho it does work fine on my windows 8.1 system. go fig).  What I have to do is run the 32bit version and it works just fine.

goto the ncsoft bin64 file folder and rename the file Aion.bin to Aion.bin.64 then restart the game.  I have to do this after every update and it works fine unless i forget after an update. I also keep the bin64 in the file explorer/quick access area.

Archived