[Aion 7.7] Preparing for the new update

Violeta-KT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

The stuff I don't like to do hey I can afk and get it done so when I do sit down to play I can do what I want and not feel obligated to have to grind the boring stuffs

But they could make the game so we do not need to farm endlessly then. They are those that create this necessity. They could make all hard instances to have monsters giving a ton of XP instead of nothing. Bots wouldn't be able to do that and I would be willing to run an instance just for the XP (like LUT which is most likely bottable because it is dirty easy to kill mobs).

I asked my friends that play on EU, they told me how ti is and the whole map is full of chars auto XPings many of whom most likely do not use the in-game auto-hunt but a 3rd party program that does a better job at it (more options etc)

3 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But they could make the game so we do not need to farm endlessly then. They are those that create this necessity. They could make all hard instances to have monsters giving a ton of XP instead of nothing. Bots wouldn't be able to do that and I would be willing to run an instance just for the XP (like LUT which is most likely bottable because it is dirty easy to kill mobs).

I asked my friends that play on EU, they told me how ti is and the whole map is full of chars auto XPings many of whom most likely do not use the in-game auto-hunt but a 3rd party program that does a better job at it (more options etc)

I agree with this 3rd party is better than auto-combat but that is a bannable offense and if we are trying to play by the rules then of course most wont do this. I understand because auto-combat does not rez you nor will it auto restart if you were to die so a bot would be the better option but KR uses a new program that flags accounts using 3rd party and will actually dc you client and if it flags the system enough suspend your account or permanent ban your account. Which in KR you need KR ID so this bans you from making an account with your ID. This program even flags on some ping reducers giving those players temp bans they have to appeal through support.

I would like higher xp for NA if we aren't going to get auto-combat like they have stated. It would make things easier. I am not against these things but from playing in Korea xp isn't really that bad with the feature in place even with the larger population.

I am currently working again as Covid numbers is slowly declining in my area. I spend roughly 8 hours logged into the game a day 2 hours is afk luna I do this while at work on my lunch and check on it when its done. I spend 3 hours with my macro afk farming every 1hr returning to gelk to reapply my coffin buff. The last few hour I am at home and I spend 2hr in AS doing it on 12 toons 2x and I run instances, PvP and just hang out with my friends. I get all I wish to do for the day done and I go to sleep by my 23:00 so I get enough sleep and well rested for my work the next day.

I do wish I could enjoy the game more which I could if we had auto combat but if it doesn't come to NA I am fine and I will adjust to the system here and advocate the increased XP, the modified event quests, and normal npc prices so that it is more reasonable for our version

4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

...in NA? XP afk with macro? How is that possible? That macro can hold like 20 lines of skills or something.

I think writing macros has just kinda phased out for Aion, but Macros can only have so many characters in length, it states you cannot put a macro inside a macro but this is technically untrue so I have all about 10 macros set up in a loop because they do have a slight cooldown and it essentially recreates the auto-combat. I use it for WoW and other games so it's nice that it works with a few tweaks for Aion it is a lot of script so It is kinda hard to explain it in forum and I lack the time and English to explain or make a video on it but it is possible there are old macro guides where you can make a similar one for yourself online

30 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I think writing macros has just kinda phased out for Aion, but Macros can only have so many characters in length, it states you cannot put a macro inside a macro but this is technically untrue so I have all about 10 macros set up in a loop because they do have a slight cooldown and it essentially recreates the auto-combat. I use it for WoW and other games so it's nice that it works with a few tweaks for Aion it is a lot of script so It is kinda hard to explain it in forum and I lack the time and English to explain or make a video on it but it is possible there are old macro guides where you can make a similar one for yourself online

Using quickbar commands and then setting macros on the bar itself I guess. Never tried it and never will.

Anyways be warned, "macro looping" is also not allowed by NCSoft as it is regarded botting or something because even thought it is nothing but a legit ingame macro, you would need good luck, time and English to explain to them that it is not real botting.

Untitled-1.jpg

https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=macro+looping&commit=Search

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Using quickbar commands and then setting macros on the bar itself I guess. Never tried it and never will.

Anyways be warned, "macro looping" is also not allowed by NCSoft as it is regarded botting or something because even thought it is nothing but a legit ingame macro, you would need good luck, time and English to explain to them that it is not real botting.

Untitled-1.jpg

https://support.aiononline.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=✓&query=macro+looping&commit=Search

Yes there is no 3rd party running it its all in the quickbar and its set up using the "U" macro function in game. You manually click the first macro and it activates the rest as far as I know this isn't against the rule as there is nothing but in game system working to accomplish this

I use the same as many other do for their home to play music. Or sometime you see the PvP'ers who have the battle cry Shout or the healers rez. There is nothing but the U function things working to do what I am doing so what would be the purpose of letting the playerbase write macro's if it was illegal. I understand this is how a lot of the 3rd party programs work but there is no other program running with my game it is just the game alone with the tools they give you in the Macro option tab

If my account were to be audited lets say because of a player flagging me as a bot, I guess, it would be clear to see that I am not doing anything besides using the options that they give you in the game itself. This would essentially mean that auto-pathing and hitting any of the Actions functions keys would flag as botting such as hitting the button that auto loots the selected target or using the attack/chat button to make your character auto attack instead of using the key for this.

I do not use even the dps meter or shugo console as many players do in this game so there is no outside program that would even flag as some presumed bot

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Yes there is no 3rd party running it its all in the quickbar and its set up using the "U" macro function in game. You manually click the first macro and it activates the rest as far as I know this isn't against the rule as there is nothing but in game system working to accomplish this

Well ,I am not judging, I just mentioned that in their terms of service they say that specific thing. If we had auto-play I would do it as well, but since we don't, any afk-playing could be an issue. If your char plays by himself without you being there, could trigger an action.

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Well ,I am not judging, I just mentioned that in their terms of service they say that specific thing. If we had auto-play I would do it as well, but since we don't, any afk-playing could be an issue. If your char plays by himself without you being there, could trigger an action.

I guess I am not understanding in the article it is talking about the use of program and software this I am not using. I literally hit the Macro in game and type out the lines of what I wish it to do honestly you can make a rudimentary version of it with the preset they give you. Anything that you use in game that is not actually hitting the exact skill on the keyboard and using your mouse in an example of this

Sorry it took the U and it was the command for underline but this is what i'm saying I don't understand where in the article you linked is applicable in what I am doing

Please hit U in game if you didn't change the keybind and register the "Many Skill" to you list of macros then drag it to your quickbar and click it is this automation software that is not allowed in the article you linked? Then what does it matter that I use this if it is what is given to me in game. I don't see where it would be automation software and thats what I am asking. I have used these macros that have been in the game since as long as I can remember at least 2.0 and I have just changed it slightly as we now have pets that use consumables and loot for us as well as the custom chain skills.

9 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Please hit U in game if you didn't change the keybind and register the "Many Skill" to you list of macros then drag it to your quickbar and click it is this automation software that is not allowed in the article you linked? Then what does it matter that I use this if it is what is given to me in game. I don't see where it would be automation software and thats what I am asking. I have used these macros that have been in the game since as long as I can remember at least 2.0 and I have just changed it slightly as we now have pets that use consumables and loot for us as well as the custom chain skills.

Relax I only highlighted the macro looping part. Plenty of times they wrote things that were ambiguous and not clear. That "macro looping" thing could mean that ingame macro looping is also prohibited.

The article you posted if you read it states "Using a "bot" program, or other third-party software to automate game play." Is a reason your account could be blocked or terminated. This is not a "bot" it is a function in the game under the menu tab called Macro. The quick key is U.

If you look at the text in the macro tab for "Many Skill" it does the same exact thing. It even teaches you to put a delay, as /delay [X] with X being the seconds. If you take what you learned from multiple different examples in the information section of this macro tab you can see you can actually make a macro that does multiple things all in one macro but you are limited to so many characters. Thus by taking another macro to your skillbar you can use the marco to activate a skill in your skill bar that clicks on the next macro in the quickbar thus chaining these together essentially as long as the cooldown allows and you specify the variables, which there is also an additional tab for you can actually then essentially chain these together. But honestly you shouldn't even need to since I was mistaken and you can make 24 different macros but you are limited to 10 variables so you can make 1 super long string of macros to accomplish almost anything you are trying to do.

They do not tell you how to make your character move and yes this one is more difficult but you can make it very simple and just have your toon sit in one static location and just attack anything that attacks it. You could also use a ranged character so that way you have a much bigger range and you can also go back to the information section and learn how to write the macro to target closest targets. Thus using your brain can then probably figure out how to target the closest target and then attack said target if you are melee this mean you would have to auto path to this target before you are in range to hit it. The more complicated part is then figuring out how to target a new target but if you put in the initial macro with a delay to target closest target multiple times and add the variable for combat/noncombat you solved that problem. Now you have a combat macro and a targeting macro you just chain those together and now you have a macro that targets an enemy runs to said enemy and kills it then targets a new enemy rinse and repeat. But lets say you don't want to attack a boss or something else in the area then you can actually specify which target by name you want the macro to target which again in the information tab of the macro function it explain how to do this for you. Now you have macro that targets what you want to target, kills this target, and finds another one, if you chained these macro's it rinses and repeats. If you were to die you won't rez sadly and you won't be able to use consumables to keep your HP up. So hey why can't we just make a macro for that? Sounds great, you do that as well. So now you have it target specific mobs, combat those mobs, and add a variable so when you are out of combat you pop an HP/Healing pot then you link it into the next selected target

Congratulations you have just created your first rpg macro for farming. Thank you all those early 2000's geniuses who allowed us players with coding backgrounds to be able to make something in game that can do tasks for us.

Also I take great pride in my abilities although they are very insignificant in this game and If you were to find my house in Pernon you would see even my home is set up with fairly complex macros and does far more than just play music when you enter or let the guest pick the songs. If @Kibbelz or any other would chime in and tell me that this is not allowed then sure I won't do it anymore but as far as I see it. The macro tab is in the menu for the game and it is up to the player to use it or not or they would have taken it out of the game. Most likely the very small amount of people who use this feature probably means they do not care about it and why they have not updated this feature since like 3.5 or earlier. But if @Kibbelz or @Loki tell me that this is against the rule I will delete the macros and wont use them again.

@Arhangelos-KT But for me I use this because it is not specifically stated that it is not allowed your article does not state that it is against the rules its talking on "bot programs". If the people I linked want to tell me it is then I will stop I have no problem with that. I understand that bots are bad and use of 3rd party is bad but I am not using an outside program to do anything in game this includes previously stated dps meters and shugo console. I have no problem having my account checked into for any breech of ToS because I know that I am not in violation. Regardless of the amount of work I put in to write this to expedite my farming it is not perfect I have to monitor it often or I look back at my 2nd monitor and I have died. Either to a failure in my macro, an Elyos, or just having a big butt and bad pathing and pulling everything on me at once. I would not use this if we did have auto-combat because it is a much better version of what I have and it require much less constant tweaking and updates based on farm location or other changes in my other variables or game updates. I left it pretty vague but essentially I told you what I do if you look through the macro function it explain almost all of the things you can do with this feature and if you still do not understand whoever the play is could look up youtube videos or old web pages explaining Aion macros or you can look up WoW macros and just have to have a bit more knowledge on how to tweak them to work in Aion with out all the add-ons and extra that WoW gives it users.

I am serious if @Kibbelz or @Loki can tell me that this is not allowed I will gladly stop it but for me it is a testament that I would like something to help me acquire the needed XP to reach my goals and get the items I wish to get from renown because it just becomes even more needed with the next update.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 1:26 PM, Gabrielis-KT said:

The only exciting thing about this update is the (old) new instance BT. Generalizing token system is a good idea, but not replacing them with XP marks. Before, any player (even undergeared one) could do one camp in Lakrum and get 100 genesis xtals to craft hus daevanion box. Now he has to pay around 2 mil kinah in addition. 500k kinah for retune, 200k kinah for enchant/manastone socket, >500k for XP extractor... Where are we gonna get that much ? The only ligical thing would be to make XP extractors free of charge or cost 1  Kinah. We already struggle with XP for renown system, and niw we get this...

Personally, I dont like this update and hope they skip it in NA.

I don't feel like Exp marks are hard to get.  I don't feel like exp extracors are expensive if you sometimes craft kinah in Luna or sell earned stuff  (f.e. Blessed Serum pouch) or furniture. On a number of my main characters whom I played every day or every 2 days  (Luna),  and who didn't have Lev.3 gelk renown during 7.5 patch, so didn't spend 3 exp marks per week for Socket stones, they have like 50-120 exp marks now, and spent like 50-100 for Ultimate and legendary Etium ->Ridium,  spent lots of those for morphing (upgrading) enchantment stones and lots remained. What I'm angry at is that the designs for upgrading enchantment stones were suddenly removed from our morphing window while I collected lots of Etium/Ridium, each character has 30-90 of them, plus Bobonerk coins,  they were more expensive than Exp extractors, I bought them, crafted lots of Bobonerk gems (when there were 8x exp buffs at Halloween, I extracted full exp 3-4 times during every Luna run, it took lots of time and kinah for Bobonerk)  and now there's nothing to do with those Ridium, Bobonerk Gems (some got to 450), Bobonerk coins, and we can't upgrade  enchantment stones  any more!! It's so undermining!!  How will I get Ultimate Enchantment stones now??? They are really expensive on the broker, much more than exp extractors!!

Can we use Ridium/Etium, Bobopnerk gems/coins on this patch  for anything worth? if not, can we get compensation for them?? It took lots of kinah and work to get them!!

Please better give us back the morphing designs for upgrading enchantment stones cause it's a rip-off!!

"any player (even undergeared one) could do one camp in Lakrum and get 100 genesis xtals to craft hus daevanion box"  What are you talking about, what daevanion box, how crafted?? Daevanion skills? I didn't see such designs!

On 11/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, Akashakeeper-KT said:

I don't feel like Exp marks are hard to get.  I don't feel like exp extracors are expensive if you sometimes craft kinah in Luna or sell earned stuff  (f.e. Blessed Serum pouch) or furniture. On a number of my main characters whom I played every day or every 2 days  (Luna),  and who didn't have Lev.3 gelk renown during 7.5 patch, so didn't spend 3 exp marks per week for Socket stones, they have like 50-120 exp marks now, and spent like 50-100 for Ultimate and legendary Etium ->Ridium,  spent lots of those for morphing (upgrading) enchantment stones and lots remained. What I'm angry at is that the designs for upgrading enchantment stones were suddenly removed from our morphing window while I collected lots of Etium/Ridium, each character has 30-90 of them, plus Bobonerk coins,  they were more expensive than Exp extractors, I bought them, crafted lots of Bobonerk gems (when there were 8x exp buffs at Halloween, I extracted full exp 3-4 times during every Luna run, it took lots of time and kinah for Bobonerk)  and now there's nothing to do with those Ridium, Bobonerk Gems (some got to 450), Bobonerk coins, and we can't upgrade  enchantment stones  any more!! It's so undermining!!  How will I get Ultimate Enchantment stones now??? They are really expensive on the broker, much more than exp extractors!!

Can we use Ridium/Etium, Bobopnerk gems/coins on this patch  for anything worth? if not, can we get compensation for them?? It took lots of kinah and work to get them!!

Please better give us back the morphing designs for upgrading enchantment stones cause it's a rip-off!!

"any player (even undergeared one) could do one camp in Lakrum and get 100 genesis xtals to craft hus daevanion box"  What are you talking about, what daevanion box, how crafted?? Daevanion skills? I didn't see such designs!

You don’t feel that XP is hard to get in the new update ? I’m sure that many people will disagree with you.

Archived