Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheSecretCowLeve-KT

NA Minion combination grade A->S custom rates reverted to Korea rates?

Recommended Posts

With the second 7.5 update, data/USA/func_pet no longer contains familiar_compose_ratio.xml. (This is the NA override for minion combination success rates)

This could imply that NA rates for minion combination has been reverted back to the following standard Korean rates? (data/func_pet/familiar_compose_ratio.xml)

Grade C Minions used B Grade Success Chance
2 15%
3 30%
4 50%

 

Grade B Minions used A Grade Success Chance
2 15%
3 30%
4 50%

 

Grade A Minions used S Grade Success Chance
2 15%
3 32%
4 49%

In previous NA versions, combination of 2/3/4 grade A minions used to have success rates of 15%/40%/70% respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetus-DN   

Could we have this checked as soon as possible please? Couse I just had a 4 minion combination fail and had to use one of my restoration tokens, and i know a bunch of people that also had multiples 4 minion combinations fail in a roll, for something that should be 70% chance I'm getting more success with enchanting stigmas that are in theory way lower rates than this. If you could check this for us it would be much appreciated and I guess I'm gonna wait for your answer before I waste another restoration token with some success rate that is not as it should be as of right now.

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Rates haven't changed for NA. I checked just in case.

The rates may not have changed, but, the ability to get 4 star A Rank minions is not efficient enough to keep trying without wanting to literally quit the game... Yes, I saw @Loki 'Test' out the proc rates earlier... But, also had how many tries to do so? 10+? SO, if there was 10+ attempts that means you had at the very minimum amount of 40 4 star Rank A's. Then yes, Loki is totally right... As far as proc rate...

 

But, there needs to be a known variable that excludes the NCsoft, "Hey let me use my GM powers to give myself 40+ 4 star Rank A minions"... NA CANT do that currently with the limited ways and the absolute OUTRAGEOUS materials to even get 1 4 star Rank A minion... It takes a month~ish to farm out the materials for 1... Assuming one is not resetting Minion Vault to get extra grad A minium. Just to have a 4 attempt fail... 4 months grinding including the Instance runs and the availability of getting contracts... JUST TO FAIL... 

 

Was nice for @Loki to test it out in front of everyone that has been STRUGGLING to get one, having it spam world chat more that a couple handful of times.... But, the numbers are NOT applicable when players DO NOT HAVE THE AVAILABILITY to spam to get 1 Srank... Granted some are lucky and 1 4Arank combine and done... BUT, now that there is a need to get MORE Sranks due to a new release in KR, a very few amount of players are going to be ready for that here in NA...  

 

Numbers may be right, when you have the resources... Pay close attention to the last part there, 'WHEN YOU HAVE THE RESOURCES'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let the old man sum up basically what being said..Loki on your part you probably saying facts..here the crux of the problem..70%..so basically you have 7/10 times of getting s rank minion..when you put it like that everything sounds dandy..you use 4 A rank minions and fail..you send in ticket and get restoration token..usually the odds should be you get proc on next attempt..then you fail again..now that's 2/10 that you fail..even if you fail another that's your 3/10..anything after that should be automatic proc with 4 minions..

that's the common sense of things in general..but you have people claiming of failing 6 and 7 times with 4 A rank minions..so 70% is 7/10..meaning you have 3/10 chance to fail..to those who was figuring out what i was doing in 1st paragraph..in order to guarantee a successful S rank proc..you would need 40 A rank minions on hand for 10 tries..out of them 10 tries you should have a 30% or 3/10 chance of failing..70% or 7/10 getting S rank proc..so you shouldn't be able to fail in 10 tries at once..who have 40 A rank minions save up..

why i'm saying this cause i don't know if it get reset after you fail..which it not suppose to or there is some bug in the system..(i'm leaning on this theory)..NC SOFT your numbers are way off..this is like gambling in a sense of things..like betting on a horse at the race track..they will always have a percentage for it to lose the race..what i'm trying to say get rid of this crappy RNG system..it might work with Koreans but it don't work with Americans and westerners in general..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fest-DN   

Just chiming in here again with the sad tale of 1x 2-combo, 1x 3-combo, and 7x 4-combos and that my legionmate is dealing with right now. I literally ticketed just to ask if the rates had changed after 7.5 part 2 (they said they were unchanged) but this thread lines up too well with what I've been watching her suffer through. It was over a year's worth of saved prestige coins and just horrible amounts of resetting that has led exactly nowhere. Is there any confirmation that the rates weren't mucked with at all, like right after the patch perhaps? It's concerning to me that there would be anything in the data to reflect a change like this when so many people are reporting multiple failures on what should be a high proc chance. If the rates really are fine/working as intended we perhaps need to consider some sort of anti-rng net/break point to prevent this absolute nonsense from happening >_>; I mean at some point you've put in enough work and should probably get your gold plated child minion, especially with SS on the horizon.

In short, plz send help I live in Lakrum now and farming prestige coins is my new second job D:

Edited by Fest-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But wasn't it mentioned that every time you fail to combine a-minions to s-minions you got a hidden +3% chance at next level? Or was it just bs?

If this is true then you should get +30% chance on your next combination at 10 fails.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But wasn't it mentioned that every time you fail to combine a-minions to s-minions you got a hidden +3% chance at next level? Or was it just bs?

If this is true then you should get +30% chance on your next combination at 10 fails.

That is why "les règles du jeu" must be announced in detail in the patch notes before the introduction of every new feature ! If this is true, you can combine 10 times 2 minions to get +30% buff and then finally combine 4 to get 70%+30%=100% success rate for your S-rank minion ! For that you will need 1+10+3 = 14 rank A minions. It means that CHUKRI could have used 14 of 19 minions he failed to obtain his rank S !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But wasn't it mentioned that every time you fail to combine a-minions to s-minions you got a hidden +3% chance at next level? Or was it just bs?

If this is true then you should get +30% chance on your next combination at 10 fails.

Is that not S rank leveling system? I get 3% every time i fail upgrading my S rank minion to level 2. I think i am on 24% or something now.

Edited by HealingSquid-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

But wasn't it mentioned that every time you fail to combine a-minions to s-minions you got a hidden +3% chance at next level? Or was it just bs?

If this is true then you should get +30% chance on your next combination at 10 fails.

It's my understanding (based on how it is worded in game) that the +3% chance is for evolving the minion once you get it, not actually combining to get it in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I know the chance to evolve the s-rank is +3% at every fail, so yeah that might have confused me to "upgrade s-rank" or to "upgrade into s-rank". So there is no hidden boost chance to combine a-ranks into s-rank by failing

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, Aion Korea just released minion coins to go with Ss rank minions to buy s rank contracts (3000 coins a piece and non-selectable, only A contracts are selectable) and it's super p2w. So, come 7.7 I'm sure we will get that feature. Also, these minion coin packages in korea contain between 10 and 300 coins. Great odds right? 9_9 lol figures...

Edited by Pharoahra-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe..

They should do what they did with ultimate transformation-atempted fusion (until 12 legendary transformation combining fails you got the ulti-transfo box). So i'd be like (idk) if 8x4-wing Rank A minion fusion fails they grant a S Rank Minion Box (if it would be selectable it'll be nice).

Edited by Nephalea-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×