Random server maintenance

Devil-KT

23 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Why is maintenance going to happen during Altar Siege time? @Kibbelz @Loki

It could be moved to one hour later.

I get that you will never tell us why the maintenance was needed in the first place, but doing it at the same time as Altar Siege is just a bad move.

It should be ok now, they modified the main duration to 1h5 so we should have 55 min before altars. However, there's another question i wanted to pose. We have 1) server time 2) CDT which is 1 hour different from the server time and 3) all possible local timezones for different players. My question is why to give always the maint time in CDT while CDT is not server time ? It would be easier for everyone if it's given in server time and then you can also add CDT, European time and so on.

1 minute ago, Vantheria-DN said:

We miiiiight not get our "normal" emergency maintenance on Sunday/Monday now since the emergency maintenance usually comes 4 days after the original maintenance. If we do, it will probably be on Tuesday.

If indeed happens on Tuesday then it will be obvious that our server's life span is 4 days only.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I heard that cakes in shugo instance had a chance to also give you an ultimate transform and this was never meant to be. So if this is true they are fixing that.

If that really happens, then must be that. 

When the fix is related with something to make it better for us, they usually provides the details. When they hide the reasons, usually is a signal they are going to nerf something or take something from us. 

2 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

If that really happens, then must be that. 

When the fix is related with something to make it better for us, they usually provides the details. When they hide the reasons, usually is a signal they are going to nerf something or take something from us. 

Also if it is that, then how did they find out, did it give someone an ultimate transform already?

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Also if it is that, then how did they find out, did it give someone an ultimate transform already?

I don´t know. 

I was always curious about how they find the exploits and bugs that benefits players so fast. We don´t have GMs in the game, The CMs here are not so active and usually don´t know the game or read every thread. 

it is like we have somebody infiltrated inside the game with the only purpose to find when the players are happy an ruin that xD

33 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

It should be ok now, they modified the main duration to 1h5 so we should have 55 min before altars. However, there's another question i wanted to pose. We have 1) server time 2) CDT which is 1 hour different from the server time and 3) all possible local timezones for different players. My question is why to give always the maint time in CDT while CDT is not server time ? It would be easier for everyone if it's given in server time and then you can also add CDT, European time and so on.

Yeah, I got confused with time zones.

When I saw the announcement in-game my brain was like:

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Yeah, I got confused with time zones.

When I saw the announcement in-game my brain was like:

tenor.gif

Ahahaha I felt totally the same. :D In fact, we get 25 min before altars not 55 min, that proves how confusing the system is. I'm playing from Europe so I had first to convert CDT to European time and then also to the server time to discover that it's not the same as CDT. O.o

• Aion Team

@Ele-DN there were no changes - this was simply an emergency maintenance to ensure the ongoing stable function of the servers

@Gabrielis-KT - thanks for that feedback. The goal was to give a time zone EU members could easily convert to their local time zone - but you make a good point that server time will be the easiest to interpret for experienced players, so we'll look to include that going forward :) 

5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Ele-DN there were no changes - this was simply an emergency maintenance to ensure the ongoing stable function of the servers

@Gabrielis-KT - thanks for that feedback. The goal was to give a time zone EU members could easily convert to their local time zone - but you make a good point that server time will be the easiest to interpret for experienced players, so we'll look to include that going forward :) 

So they listened... they now know that the server can only stay alive for 4 days thus they are making a maintenance, I am scared they did the maintenance too early, we might get the bug during Tuesday which is 22nd of September aka ANNIVERSARY.

You guys better not screw this up for us.

5 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Aha. So this was a preemptive maintenance to try and prevent the KT NPC bug issue. Here's hoping it works! Thanks for the clarification.

...lets hope we do not get the bug on Tuesday though the day that we will have the buff! Imagine the amount of people they will nyerk off.

17 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

So they listened... they now know that the server can only stay alive for 4 days thus they are making a maintenance, I am scared they did the maintenance too early, we might get the bug during Tuesday which is 22nd of September aka ANNIVERSARY.

You guys better not screw this up for us.

...lets hope we do not get the bug on Tuesday though the day that we will have the buff! Imagine the amount of people they will nyerk off.

If the 4-day life span hypothesis is true, the weekly bug should hit us precisely tomorrow. And if it does, it will be still reassuring since there will be at least something we know about it. Otherwise, it will remain a total mystery, almost scary like all unknown.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

If the 4-day life span hypothesis is true, the weekly bug should hit us precisely tomorrow. And if it does, it will be still reassuring since there will be at least something we know about it. Otherwise, it will remain a total mystery, almost scary like all unknown.

Last time they did a maintenance on Friday we got it exactly on Tuesday one day before the actual reset. Thankfully they were active so the bug didn't last half a day.

2 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Last time they did a maintenance on Friday we got it exactly on Tuesday one day before the actual reset. Thankfully they were active so the bug didn't last half a day.

Let’s see if it happens tomorrow, if it does, it will not be a mere coïncidence. 

12 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Let’s see if it happens tomorrow, if it does, it will not be a mere coïncidence. 

What is funny is they did this on purpose for the stability and they "know" it is 4 days but they still couldn't bear to have one person at work during weekend and have the maintenance on Saturdday, which is the right day to do it for the whole week to be smooth.

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

What is funny is they did this on purpose for the stability and they "know" it is 4 days but they still couldn't bear to have one person at work during weekend and have the maintenance on Saturdday, which is the right day to do it for the whole week to be smooth.

Maybe they wanted us to have twice instances reset to celebrate tomorrow’s drop buff with a PF-SL-IDD fest. :D people on lfg already anticipating the bug

Archived