Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - October 18, 2017

Cyan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My conflicting characters weren't transferred, either way, in the server maintenance. I've tried using the "paid character transfer" page on the website, but it just keeps posting that my characters are not eligible for a transfer. How do I get all my Asmodians to the other server? My Elyos are on Danaria. *sigh*

Character transfers will be enabled on the 25th. Then you will be able to transfer off your conflicting ones. They were not supposed to be transferred off automatically, you have to do it yourself. You have until some date in November, like 15th or 22nd, in where free transfers will be disabled for good and conflicting characters will be forced-transfered out.

On 17/10/2017 at 9:16 PM, Bryos-KT said:

Considering that those event keep the game free for everyone...

I´m not agree with this.

Well, yes, Is a free to play game so they do not get money for every player and we do not have publicity inside the game. So they need to get money from another source.

I started in Aion 3.X and I remember those times. Even on the beggining of 4.X. On those days none of the events were paid (or at least I do not remember any important paid event). Actually the events used to be small ones with just minor buffs or small rewards. Sometimes we had the alchemist event, shugo instance or the doctors one (with the 30 mins scrolls) and we were totally happy winning some items that today, compared with the new events, are not impresive at all. Enchantmet stones or manastones are nice today, but are not the big deal.

But, the game was so alive. So many players and NCSoft got money. Why? because we paid for our prestige pack or some items from the BCM. We wanted some skins or more entries in our instances. Some people bought transformation candies, pets, different mounts, titles. And maybe a very little percentaje of the players paid something, but we were soooo many people and even an small percentage was a lot.

If you pay attention, you will note that aion started to lose players in a significant number after the P2W events started and some of the features and maps were eliminated/nerfed/broken.

So, you may have now some few players paying a lot in those new events to get the best gear ingame and a lot of kinah to buy the remaining needed things, but I do not think that NCSoft is earning more money than before. Now we only have 2 servers. The people spending a lot of money are so few. All the others players are bored or disapointed to see the difference and leaving.

Of course I enjoyed so much the first snowballs event, and I also bought some temperings when the plumes appeared and I was so happy to have something else, but now I can se where we went with all that. Aion was a game where you had to play to get all your nice things. You had many options but all of them required a lot of time and effort. Money gave you some fancy items and smalls bonus, but you weren´t able to gear yourself standing AFK in sanctum no matter how much money you had. I would like to see something like that again. And of course they deserve money if they give us this game, so they can offer me a lot of skins, fancy wings, scrolls, candies and we will probably buy a lot of them.

1 hour ago, DMob-DN said:

Is the Celestial weapon box content is tradable ? :D or the box itself , does anyone know?

Not sure about the box, but the gear from it is untradeable.

Also, Cyan, you said the 100% XP would only be going for one week. Its still going, so, intended or unintended gift? :P 

On 10/17/2017 at 9:23 PM, Tetsuya-DN said:

@Cyan

Isn't it kind of silly to be adding Harvester stuff into P2W already? Groups are just NOW accomplishing actually downing the instances and participating in content, but now no one will want to do it because why do the work when you can just get it from event/games instead? How about instead of giving away gear that is going to inflate our market even more, put some chronos stone bundles in the events to help everyone! Just saying. 

It really is silly to include Harvester gear in the loot table for the event.  There's zero reason to run the instance now lol.  And it was really the only good end game instance.  It's a shame really.

22 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

It really is silly to include Harvester gear in the loot table for the event.  There's zero reason to run the instance now lol.  And it was really the only good end game instance.  It's a shame really.

It's not a surprise that they did that, they did it with IS gear, then DD gear and now BoS gear... But I personally didn't expect them to do it THAT early! Some people hit level 75 during the last few events, some just got geared up since they nerfed CoE finally... Imo it's way too early to do it and it kills the PvE content. No reason to run the end game instance when you can spend some money and get it w/o moving you butt into BoS itself... *smh*

6 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

It's not a surprise that they did that, they did it with IS gear, then DD gear and now BoS gear... But I personally didn't expect them to do it THAT early! Some people hit level 75 during the last few events, some just got geared up since they nerfed CoE finally... Imo it's way too early to do it and it kills the PvE content. No reason to run the end game instance when you can spend some money and get it w/o moving you butt into BoS itself... *smh*

I kinda laughed when that happened xD cuz I saw it coming unfortunatly (or fortunately but mostly unfortunately cuz decreases the value of BoS)

Just now, Sabreze-DN said:

I kinda laughed when that happened xD cuz I saw it coming unfortunatly (or fortunately but mostly unfortunately cuz decreases the value of BoS)

The sad thing about it is that people have that gear, but have no clue how to do BoS and stuck doing lower tier instance and wonder why the game is soooo boring and what not... Makes people lazy! *smh* How about motivating the community to run end game instances (maybe make some tutorials or walk-through videos as some of as already suggested) instead of giving out the gear itself. OHHH YEAH, I almost forgot, it's all about the money because as we all know NCWest is a business and doesn't seem to think that far into the well being of the community on this term... Sorry for my sarcastic comment.  

25 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I could buy my Harvester weapon right now and be done with it.  I don't care about the armor as much and I only need a ring and an earring to have the full accessories.  The grind for the weapon is literally the only thing making me go back into BoS lol.  But now? Nah, none of us have to even go in there lol.  I agree with you - it's far too early to be putting that gear in the loot table for events.  Wait another 6 months or so.  If they want to make money off the instance? Put reset scrolls up on the BCM for it!

1 minute ago, Jaimie-KT said:

I could buy my Harvester weapon right now and be done with it.  I don't care about the armor as much and I only need a ring and an earring to have the full accessories.  The grind for the weapon is literally the only thing making me go back into BoS lol.  But now? Nah, none of us have to even go in there lol.  I agree with you - it's far too early to be putting that gear in the loot table for events.  Wait another 6 months or so.  If they want to make money off the instance? Put reset scrolls up on the BCM for it!

Mhm, I agree with the reset scrolls, almost forgot about this. Thankies! There were quite a few of us who suggested this and nothing happened. There are many people who started running BoS when it first came out, asking for reset scrolls so we could actually get more runs done and have higher chances to complete the PvE set. Nothing happened and now this. I understand that it's probably because of their business as a company, no offense, OR they also wanna help the community to get geared (sort of), but this is the wrong way to do it... Make them go into the instances and not make them stay out of it. X3

1 minute ago, Nyali-DN said:

Mhm, I agree with the reset scrolls, almost forgot about this. Thankies! There were quite a few of us who suggested this and nothing happened. There are many people who started running BoS when it first came out, asking for reset scrolls so we could actually get more runs done and have higher chances to complete the PvE set. Nothing happened and now this. I understand that it's probably because of their business as a company, no offense, OR they also wanna help the community to get geared (sort of), but this is the wrong way to do it... Make them go into the instances and not make them stay out of it. X3

Gear up for what?  If they hand out all the gear from the instance, there's nothing to use the gear for!  The whole point is to run CoE or Dredge Defense to get the gear that will carry you in BoS... and then run BoS to get the gear that will be needed for the next big PVE instance.  If you get the BoS gear just by spending money, then you'll be sitting in Norsvold/Iluma with nothing to do in your spiffy gear.

1 hour ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Gear up for what?  If they hand out all the gear from the instance, there's nothing to use the gear for!  The whole point is to run CoE or Dredge Defense to get the gear that will carry you in BoS... and then run BoS to get the gear that will be needed for the next big PVE instance.  If you get the BoS gear just by spending money, then you'll be sitting in Norsvold/Iluma with nothing to do in your spiffy gear.

Exactly my point. NCWest logic. lol

I wish we could still run PvE instances just for the sake of them being entertaining...
And to help out new people who still need the gear from it.

I don't think a couple boxes from a p2w event render the entire instance useless.
They could hand me a full set of Harvester gear tomorrow and I'd still want to run BoS - it's the challenge and the fun right?
Imo, it would be better if they gave out Apollon / Frigida in order for people to be able to run it more,
but what will we do about it xD

19 minutes ago, Rubyvulpa-KT said:

I wish we could still run PvE instances just for the sake of them being entertaining...
And to help out new people who still need the gear from it.

I don't think a couple boxes from a p2w event render the entire instance useless.
They could hand me a full set of Harvester gear tomorrow and I'd still want to run BoS - it's the challenge and the fun right?
Imo, it would be better if they gave out Apollon / Frigida in order for people to be able to run it more,
but what will we do about it xD

I actually like your suggestion about Apollon/Frigida gear. :P Would have been a better idea, indeed. Well I hope you're not one of the few thinking that way. I remember when it happened with DD gear and nobody ever ran DD anymore... It was quite sad, because I wanted to get that set so badly but nobody wanted to join it anymore since they got their set via an event in the past. X3

3 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

I actually like your suggestion about Apollon/Frigida gear. :P Would have been a better idea, indeed. Well I hope you're not one of the few thinking that way. I remember when it happened with DD gear and nobody ever ran DD anymore... It was quite sad, because I wanted to get that set so badly but nobody wanted to join it anymore since they got their set via an event in the past. X3

I wish I was here during the DD times. I woulda wanted to run it....I still do now just for fun cuz I have never tried it before. 

Archived