Pin Bug = NCWest feature

Arhangelos

I get the pin bug 4 out of 5 times when trying to login now. It is no longer a bug, it is a feature.

If you guys are bored of publishing and maintaining Aion, sell the rights to someone else, nobody will laugh at you, we will understand. Let it go and give another publisher the right to run it and save it. Unless it is your goal to have the most bugged Aion version globally and in this case I applaud you, you did it.

7 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Yeah, after someone told on the forum that pin bug was fixed (o.O), it drew a wave of very bad login luck for me, and now I have it also like 2 times out if 3, before that I had almost 3 months without any bug.

Yes 1~2 months ago I would also get it like once per month. Lately I would get it once per day in a random alt account, and now I get it like 2~4 times before I can actually log ANY account now.

I am going to make another prophecy, when the katalam servers gets closer to its overload state, the pin bug happens more often.

--> Mark my words, tomorrow we will get the NPC bug, we will get a maintenance, and after maintenance the pin bug won't be as usual.

You asked for this

6VLFvSB.jpg

11 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Kinda funny because i never had this bug even 1ce then now that i use the new launcher i have seen it nearly every day. Not that it has anything to do with the bug because people got it before the launcher just made me laugh was all.

For months I wouldn't even understand what this pin bug was, I constantly saw people talking about it and I was "sure" they were doing something wrong or something sketchy, because I didn't know what it was until one day I got it myself for the first time and I was like "so yeah this is real".

First time I ever got it was a little before 7.5 came if I remember, during 7.5 I would get it more often and then it vanished for some time. now it is back and it is happening all the time.

And also with the new "SUPER ULTRA" launcher we can mix it with the bug "playing..." after we are kicked out. So it is nice to restart the whole pc again. 

I think a reconnect option or even an autoreconnect feature to solve issues when something fails was needed, But now we have even more steps to make it harder to come back to the game. A couple of those combos and you will never be invited to instances again. ¬¬

I have happily not had the Pin bug on either of my 2 accounts since switching to the new launcher about 2 weeks ago (although there were issues with getting launcher sorted to work initially) and the Pin bug was a regular annoyance prior to new launcher; just saying new launcher does now work for me without Pin bug, but maybe new launcher and/or Pin bug not consistent xp for other folks from what I read here in forums so maybe NA NCSoft needs to look at that holistically on the overall patterns,  not on a case by case basis, and advise/modify/patch accordingly....

@Loki @Kibbelz

Sweet Holy Nyerk! Please stop ignoring this issue.

After not getting this since release of 7.5, it started again.

I think the only time this issue was acknowledged was by Cyan a while back saying that QA was unable to reproduce the error on their end. If you are unable to reproduce this error on your end, it's time to remove the PIN till you can figure it out.

Please escalate this issue, there is enough RNG in this game as it is we don't need it when trying to log in.

5 hours ago, skythee-DN said:

I have happily not had the Pin bug on either of my 2 accounts since switching to the new launcher about 2 weeks ago (although there were issues with getting launcher sorted to work initially) and the Pin bug was a regular annoyance prior to new launcher; just saying new launcher does now work for me without Pin bug, but maybe new launcher and/or Pin bug not consistent xp for other folks from what I read here in forums so maybe NA NCSoft needs to look at that holistically on the overall patterns,  not on a case by case basis, and advise/modify/patch accordingly....

I saw the bug with the old launcher and now with the new ultra superb one I have it even more. I feel like i can avoid it sometimes if I use the "start" option instead of double click on the toon (not sure yet). 

So the option is to go sloooowly. If the game give you send log, then you have to go sloooowly with the new launcher (it takes longer than the old one to connect), and then you have to wait some minutes to the file check, then you have to keep your patience and slooowly select the toon you need, click on start, use your pin again, have some luck, and after that you can log in and see how your entire team was wiped and everyone already lost the battle, or... start back in Inggison/Gelkmaros and run again all the way to the camp you were doing (and of course in that time is not anymore for you)....

But don´t worry, we will have, for sure, a new stream soon where Hime will show us some pretty skins and the new guy will use a glad with inmortality + instakill to show us how nice the new content is. 

Archived