Coalition Guidelines question since the original post is locked...

SpamHeals-KT

@Cyan

What will be the punishment for abusing coalition functions?

If there is such a thing, will be for everyone or big whales will go out free? Cause right after 5.3 was launched, my friend got kicked out in the last 2 minutes of siege and when he sent in a ticket, support said they couldn't do anything and gave him a tap in the back saying sorry (the offender was someone well know for dumping kk's on bcm).

Make a topic on forums is a cute thing, but I wanna know if my time sending tickets won't be in vain...

Seems like some scare tactics in response to the drama going on with the DN Elyos. I have a bad feeling not much will be done to those that do get reported. Cause half the people that siege could get reported because everyone and their mother afk alts to leech GP. So if that's the case, then I could go report 50 people and what would happen to them? If this post was directed at mochigirl and pocosin, why not do something directly to them? Along with maybe revising how coalition is set up. Because as it is, siege is just a big AFK PVE fest with maybe 50 actives and 100+ alts.

You've had tons of people putting in their ideas for how coalition could be revised. Why not make a thread like you did for picking server names, then pick the best suggestions and put it as an in game survey. If things could be changed or done like you did with the server names, I think things would go a lot more smoothly. Just an idea to throw out there.

I used to really love and enjoy siege, but... not anymore. :/ *plus the whole heal aggro thing really puts me off going in the first place*

10 hours ago, Jayda-KT said:

*plus the whole heal aggro thing really puts me off going in the first place*

THISSSSS. Dat cleric/chanter life. *cries* lol

On topic though, they can't really "do something" if there were no stated rules anywhere. That is, I assume, why the guidelines thread was posted. Now there are visible rules posted. So if someone gets in trouble, support can reference back to those guidelines.

^ This!

It's a step towards their being punishment for things that should have been against the rules from the beginning. 

Were these inspired by the shenanigans going on with TM E with Coalitions were introduced and now carrying over to DN E? Sure! Not seeing a problem with that. I know on KR occasionally people were being kicked out of Coalition over past grudges and I am pretty sure that was happening on and off on all servers and factions. It took some ginormous abusers to get the staff to kick in and post some rules. Hooray for the player base for getting something done.

Doesn't matter if no one gets banned because the abusers suddenly are too scared of being punished that they start behaving like decent human beings. That's what everyone wanted from the beginning!

funny, i found GMs are funny or rather, NCWest is funny~

Siege? good joke. Go and report all you want, if you can get hundreds and hundreds of alts and even mains banned, and see what will happen. 

also before we even go to the AFK part, the coalition shit is a joke. you can't choose who you want in your team. I'll afk if no cleric in group and yes I did and will definitely do it again, what are people gonna do, report? Go for it.

off topic, can we stop with trying to justify those ONE TIME restoration? they aren't ONE TIME, get it? get it NC? GET IT? History has proven it, so stop using we would like to offer you an one time restoration or multiple uses of "ONE LAST TIME" and just go with Sure, we'll restore them

=D 

19 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

... You're a chanter.

Even if you run full dps build, you still have a couple heals. lol...

you dont know about alt posting? I like the name Blood so i used this alt to post. please tell me who on aion actually boosted enough to not have at least an alt.

1 hour ago, Blood-KT said:

funny, i found GMs are funny or rather, NCWest is funny~

Siege? good joke. Go and report all you want, if you can get hundreds and hundreds of alts and even mains banned, and see what will happen. 

also before we even go to the AFK part, the coalition shit is a joke. you can't choose who you want in your team. I'll afk if no cleric in group and yes I did and will definitely do it again, what are people gonna do, report? Go for it.

off topic, can we stop with trying to justify those ONE TIME restoration? they aren't ONE TIME, get it? get it NC? GET IT? History has proven it, so stop using we would like to offer you an one time restoration or multiple uses of "ONE LAST TIME" and just go with Sure, we'll restore them

=D 

38 minutes ago, Blood-KT said:

you dont know about alt posting? I like the name Blood so i used this alt to post. please tell me who on aion actually boosted enough to not have at least an alt.

You don't seem to know about the new rules- why should you be reported?  If you go AFK without the courtesy of advising your alliance ( which is basic common sense as well unless you get a sendlog), and fail a ready check, they could simply kick you from the alliance. It's also up to them on how often they perform ready checks.  Also, nothing prevents you from leaving an alliance and joining another to get a better group, sometimes it takes a few tries, there's really no excuse to give up right away.

That being said-  a lead  should  try to give everyone heals and some support  so that every group is supported, and  switch any AFK or  I'm DPS I cannot heal" , etc. [insert excuse here]. Even if you don't normally group or like someone , you should be able to work together for a siege. 

17 minutes ago, 5s25C407-DN said:

You don't seem to know about the new rules- why should you be reported?  If you go AFK without the courtesy of advising your alliance ( which is basic common sense as well unless you get a sendlog), and fail a ready check, they could simply kick you from the alliance. It's also up to them on how often they perform ready checks.  Also, nothing prevents you from leaving an alliance and joining another to get a better group, sometimes it takes a few tries, there's really no excuse to give up right away.

That being said-  a lead  should  try to give everyone heals and some support  so that every group is supported, and  switch any AFK or  I'm DPS I cannot heal" , etc. [insert excuse here]. Even if you don't normally group or like someone , you should be able to work together for a siege. 

you sir, are funny. Rules on AION? RULES? 

57 minutes ago, Blood-KT said:

you sir, are funny. Rules on AION? RULES? 

NCWest hasn't been living up to standards for a while, but give them the benefit of the doubt and see if things improve.

They CAN and SHOULD be doing better. But give credit where it's due: Cyan has stepped up his game as of late and has been responding to most of our concerns. At the very least, this is a step in the right direction.

Lololol this is gold. Nothing wrong with ago siege. It's so funny to me because I always went and afked just because I needed medals and sadly gp comes with it. Don't blame players. Blame this horrible game. Ranks were screwed so long ago with the addition of eb. Sadly games should really start listening to the players but meh. Gaming is a hard industry it seems. Honestly anyone looking forward to aion 2 is dumb. Yay guys let's start over and leave our investment! Why not just do a nice update to aion, new classes new remade maps make things just blow people's minds. But idk. I just dream big. I wish I was rich. I'd make the best game ever.

58 minutes ago, LilHotii-KT said:

Lololol this is gold. Nothing wrong with ago siege. It's so funny to me because I always went and afked just because I needed medals and sadly gp comes with it. Don't blame players. Blame this horrible game. Ranks were screwed so long ago with the addition of eb. Sadly games should really start listening to the players but meh. Gaming is a hard industry it seems. Honestly anyone looking forward to aion 2 is dumb. Yay guys let's start over and leave our investment! Why not just do a nice update to aion, new classes new remade maps make things just blow people's minds. But idk. I just dream big. I wish I was rich. I'd make the best game ever.

Some people will always find an excuse for whatever they do:

- it's OK, everyone hacks

- I only hacked a very times

- everyone hacks in OW/ tenacity/ IDL, why shouldn't I?

- I NEED to hack, or I never get into this legion, or we'll never finish this instance

- everyone AFKs at siege, I will too

Whereas, in actuality, no, not everyone hacks, or AFKS to get medals, or believes that people that leech should get the same rewards as those who work hard for it. I do blame players, you can make up as many excuses as you want, Aion as always rewarded rank via PVP AND PVE - those of us around since beta simply had our statics for uppers or divine (splinter) before EB even existed. Getting rank via solely PVP was never viable/efficient nor part of the game design

Basically, - bottom line- lazy people make excuses or hack.

My question is why the thread was locked to begin with? Some of the people who contacted support posted the responses they got. They were told support can't help and to take their concerns to the forums for the developers to see. Now we're being told to take it back to support?

8 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

My question is why the thread was locked to begin with? Some of the people who contacted support posted the responses they got. They were told support can't help and to take their concerns to the forums for the developers to see. Now we're being told to take it back to support?

It seems to be like a small circle, support can't help, so we go to share it on the forum to seek for help and then we get told to send in tickets about it, which we already did. u.u

14 hours ago, 5s25C407-DN said:

Some people will always find an excuse for whatever they do:

- it's OK, everyone hacks

- I only hacked a very times

- everyone hacks in OW/ tenacity/ IDL, why shouldn't I?

- I NEED to hack, or I never get into this legion, or we'll never finish this instance

- everyone AFKs at siege, I will too

Whereas, in actuality, no, not everyone hacks, or AFKS to get medals, or believes that people that leech should get the same rewards as those who work hard for it. I do blame players, you can make up as many excuses as you want, Aion as always rewarded rank via PVP AND PVE - those of us around since beta simply had our statics for uppers or divine (splinter) before EB even existed. Getting rank via solely PVP was never viable/efficient nor part of the game design

Basically, - bottom line- lazy people make excuses or hack.

Hacking is different then afking siege buddy... wring out your post next time because this post was soaked in tears. Also please don't talk about lazy when you can't even pick a forum name yo. Like come on. This game is completely broken and ruined and I'd afk siege again if I still played. I loved how they upped the gp from PvP instances but sadly everything they are doing that is like good is to late in the game... people bringing alts to siege for more medals getting gp on alts and holding 1 or 2 star ranks. Alts at panda siege were people would like to get a good weapon and or armor for pve. This game turned into a memememe fest. So sorry I adapted. Also even back then rank was farmed in Tia eye getting boxes and never had to fight or farm guards for relics in the lower level maps. Had a friend who got 5 stat long time ago but he wasn't even a pvper. 

11 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

The thread was locked so the rules are all that is there so people can see them and they don't get drowned out in all the responses.

As for your other question:

1. Support says we have no rules to cover this - go to forum.
  2. You go to forums, the system actually works,  and now we have rules (or guidelines).
  3. NC now says - "if it happens again, go to support - they now have rules"

What is so hard to understand?

We don't know what the consequences of breaking the new guidelines are, actually. We need to test them out, though it's often hard to get real feedback since NCSoft won't tell us if someone was punished or how and players lie. How many hackers have been banned and yet say, "I decided to quit Aion" or "I am taking a break because I got a new job/gf/moving to Timbuktoo"? I can't remember the last time someone that was banned was honest about it. Would be refreshing.

Anyway, need to test this though keep in mind that Support is really fond of warnings and I highly doubt that someone warned for kicking people that are not afk out of alliances is going to tell us that is why they suddenly stopped doing that.

As for going afk in the Coalition itself, it looks like NCSoft has given those that don't afk the right to kick your lazy behind. Basically you get nothing and have no right to complain about it. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Rhakan-KT said:

@ApoIonia-DN you think the system actually works, and that's adorable, stay forever innocent.

Since there's no response to this, I belive there's no punishment at all, back to afk siege on mains as well I guess

As for the system working, in this case it did -- no rules, player feedback on forums, now there are rules.

Whether or not the rules are enforced is a different issue, but at least the no afk one can be partially enforced by alliance leaders.

• 2 weeks later...

Having had that happen (again) to me, just before the diety was killed- I was told by support to make a post in the Suggestions area of the forums- in case I thought the system should be changed.

They sent  me the usual support survey - still thinking of exactly how I'm going to reply to this one.

Archived