Jump to content
Forums

Put extendables in game again!


Recommended Posts

k6bS8nO.jpg

@Loki @Kibbelz

Put back extendable weapons in the game! This shouldnt be unobtainable and theres still a long time before we can put our hands on the new one coming in 7.7. Not fair for returning , new players or reroll to not being able to have the chance to play with the enhanced range.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a needed item to participate in pvp it would be a great addition to add to events to allow newer players and rerolls to catch up. There is NO WAY to obtain these items in game right now so if you didnt play during 7.0 - 7.2 you're at a severe disadvantage. This would be a great item to add good suggestion dmob.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These weapons are also useful in some pve situations. For example, some melee classes in PFHM 2nd boss have to follow the boss around the room if someone is kiting, and it can be hard for those classes to effectively dps the boss at that time. Would be nice for new/returning players to be able to access these weapons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Extendable would be great to add back  to the game, but I feel like if theyre ever added back (at the current time) itll only be for a limited edition time, like an event or something. I dont think NCsoft would add in an extendable in the middle of a patch, we'd have to wait till the next major update (7.7). And, that being said if it is added to the game, in the form of an event,  I highly doubt itll be a common reward. I mean, they may say its a 'low-tier' reward like this transformation in the current event, which means that yet it takes a week minimum to farm (if youre really getting the pine needles, and have good rng). So, i personally feel that to get the box it would be like a rare reward.

 

1 hour ago, 5s2C40D6-DN said:

if you guys dont put this in events at least put them back as drop from world bosses

And as for this comment. I feel that would cause more bad then it would good. World bosses are controlled by normally end game, high end players. So, either they have it or they dont and they roll crazy for it. As DM said, returning and new players need it mostly because they didnt have that opportunity. If they drop from world bosses, then returning/new players would have to buy the boxes, which may be 300-400m+. Having it in an event, or to be a craftable item would be the best bet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 5s2C40D6-DN said:

if you guys dont put this in events at least put them back as drop from world bosses

I'd suggest it to be easier to get than just being a part of world bosses drop as only the bigger legions has the opportunity to kill those. Extendable should be easier to get and it should be obtainable by everybody since its a important tool for all melee classes. We need it back in the game even if 7.7 bring new one. Lots of people i know that dont necessarily read forums are reluctant to play their alts just because theres no access to these items anymore. Would be a good business move for NC too , more rerolls more chance people invest on bcm for these toons. @Kibbelz @Loki seriously consider bringing the ultimate demaha champion weapon series back into game! And make it accessible to everyone!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you can play the game how it was designed and stop relying on a clutch to win the game for you. Extendables break the game making you reach 7-8m when the only class that is melee ranged (AT) should have that benefit.

Having that weapon nerfs the passive they get and make it unless.

We've been saying this since 2.0 that extendables are for bad players. Get good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Or you can play the game how it was designed and stop relying on a clutch to win the game for you. Extendables break the game making you reach 7-8m when the only class that is melee ranged (AT) should have that benefit.

Having that weapon nerfs the passive they get and make it unless.

We've been saying this since 2.0 that extendables are for bad players. Get good.

You probably never played melee classes in your life to say things like that , without extends even if you're sitting on your target at a distance of 0m game wont let you use any skills and will tell you that you're too far away half of the time. Extendable remove that issue but the trade off being you lose a lot of pvp attack wich is fair imo. Its kinda late in the game life to wish extendable werent a thing , it exist and you'll have to deal with it. Also lol @ claiming that extendable are for bad players , litterally everyone and even the best players in KR rely on em. You probably just salty being on the receiving end of it , perhaps you're the one who should get good and learn to play vs a class that can actually use its skills against you without having his/her screen spammed by "you're too far away" even tho they clearly sitting on top of you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

Or you can play the game how it was designed and stop relying on a clutch to win the game for you. Extendables break the game making you reach 7-8m when the only class that is melee ranged (AT) should have that benefit.

Having that weapon nerfs the passive they get and make it unless.

We've been saying this since 2.0 that extendables are for bad players. Get good.

Extendables are crucial in pvp, and extremely helpful in pve. I dont know if youve ran PFHM 2nd boss,... but yeah. And in pvp, its difficult keeping up with a ranged class running around with 12.0 running speed. Its not that they "break" the game. They simply allow close ranged players to do more. We havent had an extendable since 7.3, and there hasnt been a crash in melee classes. So it cant break the game. Melee classes are still strong, and very capable of things but at the same time they arent as capable as they can be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DMob-DN said:

You probably never played melee classes in your life to say things like that , without extends even if you're sitting on your target at a distance of 0m game wont let you use any skills and will tell you that you're too far away half of the time. Extendable remove that issue but the trade off being you lose a lot of pvp attack wich is fair imo. Its kinda late in the game life to wish extendable werent a thing , it exist and you'll have to deal with it. Also lol @ claiming that extendable are for bad players , litterally everyone and even the best players in KR rely on em. You probably just salty being on the receiving end of it , perhaps you're the one who should get good and learn to play vs a class that can actually use its skills against you without having his/her screen spammed by "you're too far away" even tho they clearly sitting on top of you. 

I played templar to 4.0 and know how easy mode the class gets with extendables, you don't have to tell me. Don't try to down play my comment and further make your arguement look better, this is not KR. That comment for extendables being for bad players has been out for years and you still get triggered.

First of all you failed to prove my point wrong about the indirect nerf to AT. All they would have to do in +7 meters onto our attacks and it would be fine.

We all know you'll be paying with $$ for your next extendable and even betters said his cost 2k

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

I played templar to 4.0 and know how easy mode the class gets with extendables, you don't have to tell me. Don't try to down play my comment and further make your arguement look better, this is not KR. That comment for extendables being for bad players has been out for years and you still get triggered.

First of all you failed to prove my point wrong about the indirect nerf to AT. All they would have to do in +7 meters onto our attacks and it would be fine.

We all know you'll be paying with $$ for your next extendable and even betters said his cost 2k

First of all we have same core mechanic as Korea it is no different in any point here. Extendable are pve weapons so that dosent make AT nerfed in any way since they have acces to longer range AND having the advantage of having nearly 350 more pvp attack than anyone using a extendable. You can have your opinion on whos bad for using it or not , it dosent change the fact that most melee players has one nowaday and it would be more fair to others to still have access to demaha series even tho a newer and better one coming in the near future.  

Now your suggestion of adding 7m on all our attacks kinda defeat your first post as you're sayin its a crutch to win the game how would you like melee having the range AND the maximum pvp attack possible? You're not making much sense here.

The fact that i'll be paying to get the newer one has no impact. I already have demaha champion on my main, im just saying would be nice for newer players / returning users that couldnt play during 7.0-7.2 or fresh rerolls to be able to put their hands on the older one until the newer one is actually a thing.

No need to start calling people bad because they want to use the tools that the game provide.

Edited by DMob-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

I played templar to 4.0 and know how easy mode the class gets with extendables, you don't have to tell me. Don't try to down play my comment and further make your arguement look better, this is not KR. That comment for extendables being for bad players has been out for years and you still get triggered.

First of all you failed to prove my point wrong about the indirect nerf to AT. All they would have to do in +7 meters onto our attacks and it would be fine.

We all know you'll be paying with $$ for your next extendable and even betters said his cost 2k

Jake ? Afterbad ? Which one is you ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DMob-DN said:

First of all we have same core mechanic as Korea it is no different in any point here. Extendable are pve weapons so that dosent make AT nerfed in any way since they have acces to longer range AND having the advantage of having nearly 350 more pvp attack than anyone using a extendable. You can have your opinion on whos bad for using it or not , it dosent change the fact that most melee players has one nowaday and it would be more fair to others to still have access to demaha series even tho a newer and better one coming in the near future.  

Now your suggestion of adding 7m on all our attacks kinda defeat your first post as you're sayin its a crutch to win the game how would you like melee having the range AND the maximum pvp attack possible? You're not making much sense here.

The fact that i'll be paying to get the newer one has no impact. I already have demaha champion on my main, im just saying would be nice for newer players / returning users that couldnt play during 7.0-7.2 or fresh rerolls to be able to put their hands on the older one until the newer one is actually a thing.

No need to start calling people bad because they want to use the tools that the game provide.

AT has a passive 5-7 meters or whatever it is. Adding in any extendable negates that affect for a passive provided to the class aka a nerf. The only benefit you mentioned is the bonus of pvp attack. If a sorc casts at 25m and you have a extendable, even if it's a +5 range then you can counter at 20m making it a nerf to his range. How do you not see it that way? If that was the true intention then why not make the sorc skill 20m???? Is this the typical aion player?

Please tell me im wrong here.

Also to the other person, l am neither of those people.

Edited by 5sB1C19-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

AT has a passive 5-7 meters or whatever it is. Adding in any extendable negates that affect for a passive provided to the class aka a nerf. The only benefit you mentioned is the bonus of pvp attack. If a sorc casts at 25m and you have a extendable, even if it's a +5 range then you can counter at 20m making it a nerf to his range. How do you not see it that way? If that was the true intention then why not make the sorc skill 20m???? Is this the typical aion player?

Please tell me im wrong here.

Also to the other person, l am neither of those people.

You played templar right? So you should be aware that a good player with a cc class has all the tool in his skillset to be able to negate the fact that you have an extendable. Of course inexperienced players will have a hard time dealing with it thus a "nerf" as you call it. Sure it can be disadvantageous for your opponent i agree with you on this , but anyone that has pvp'd for a while as a sorc or sw or any cc class do develop tactics to make melees player totally hopeless in front of them , its not everyone but the most skilled players do find a way. I mean cmon man im not asking for a weapon that hit at 25m lmfao, you played a melee you should know how it is. Im pretty sure if you were a melee main and wouldnt have that extendability vs all others that have it in open world pvp , arena or instanced battleground , you'd wish ncsoft would put it back in game asap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We just need this event from NA KR. The original Yorgo's Weapon event event started in July 2020 that gave the new Extendables, now the updated version of this event from I think this past September also provided a benefit for getting an extendable as a ranged class (Bow, Spellbook/Orb, Aether Pistol/Canon/Key, Instrument). The new updated versions of extendable weapons don't change for Melee classes as it already provides a short-ranged attack distance boost, and for ranged classes we get a reinforcement zone type buff (which now there is a benefit and incentive for ranged classes to get Extendables instead of it just benefiting melee classes). The extendable weapons granting some type of buff for ranged classes should have ALWAYS been in game tbh.  I could be miss reading it and both melee and ranged get the buff, but it solely looks to be for ranged classes.

The buff I believe creates a reinforcement zone between the player and the target (looks to be about 5-7m radius from where you hit the target) that after 3secs proc and buffs everyone within that radius for 4s. I can't tell what that reinforcement proc does as I can't read Korean very well but the effect buffs 2 stats for 500 and 2 additional stats for 1000.  when upgraded to level 2 the buffs are 1000 for 2 stats and 1500 for the last 2 stats. I don't know if they are defensive, offensive, or both (possibly Accuracy/Attack/Crit 2 of the 3 for the first 2 stats, and something defensive for the second 2 stats?).

Can someone translate?

https://aion.plaync.com/guidebook/view?title=요르고스의 무기

 

Here is a vid of the new extendable melee weapons prior to the update:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Drugged-KT said:

Aion is a game where ranged class always has an advantage so 

 

I disagree, at least in regards to casters for the most part. They have to stop and cast skills that aren't insta cast, so they are subject to self-imposed roots which makes chasing and being chased an issue, and on average get off far fewer skills than any melee class as a result of cast times and not necessarily hitting harder with less attacks landing except for Sorcs. Casters also have instant cast skills that still root us in place for some odd reason. Without an ultimate xform, casters only get half of their potential realized where as just with atk speed the melee classes can reach their full potential quicker (of course ultimate xform is major for them as well to break atk speed cap by 10%). In this game, cooldowns between most skills are governed by animation speed which is in the vast majority of cases only affected by atk speed. Try using  the lunar or solar buff without any atk speed equipped and applying and you're actually stuck in place for like 2s waiting for the first part of the animation to finish even though it's an instant cast skill where as with atk speed you can move still. Now imagine those same animation limitations on top of a cast time. Not to mention it is much harder to reach and maintain the casting speed cap of 75% than the atk speed base cap of 50%. Ultimate xform lets you break through that soft cap of 50% to go up to 60%, where as cast speed his hard caped at 75%. Only with Marchutan can some casters maintain a permanent or near permanent cap to cast speed.

Caster base CCs are tied to a cast time (outside of insta fear/sleep and remove shock fear/sleep) that will always be that speed regardless of cast speed increase or cast speed decrease for that matter. So an SM/Sorc  Fear/Sleep will ALWAYS take 2s to cast regardless if we are 75% cast speed buffed or debuffed to -1000% cast speed. The difference is atk speed after the cast to determine how quickly we can move on to the next skill. The only exception to the CC rule is SW Freestyle that for some reason IS affected by cast speed buffs and debuffs which make no damn sense and should be fixed as it is apparently an old bug from what I'm told or at this point in the game allow fear/sleep to be affected by cast speed buffs and debuffs, honestly with HP levels, Defensive buffs and skills and high dps skills, it's probably about time to do so as 2sec of casting anything just for 5s of CC time to it is atrociously inefficient when looking at the risk vs the reward.  

Where I will agree with you on ranged classes that always have an advantage is for the Ranger class who have an extreme advantage against most casters and some melee classes (they are a jack of all trades since they can instant cast silence, unpottable silence, CC with instant cast Sleep arrow and fast cast sleep trap, strip shields including BodyGuard and IronSkin, stealth with max speed, 15m+ jumps, and same range as caster- all with relatively short cool downs to dmg skills and silence). Just silence alone being instant from them with not much in the way of casting times on skills yield nearly max benefit where as a caster can attempt to cast a 1s cast silence on you for 4s and can't get off that type of burst dmg with multiple skills, the silence is usually a setup into a CC that we then have to use that time to dmg the target. I can use a few instant cast skills and dots in 4s but that is dmg over time and mitigatable and relatively low if not debuffed first which is part of the setup, and a sorc can blow you up but they have less skills they can get off because of casting and animation speeds so if you aren't immobile and unable to use a skill it changes the outcome most times. 

If you were just talking about rangers on this, I'd agree ;p.

 

Edited by Malachyte-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 0:05 AM, Drugged-KT said:

Aion is a game where ranged class always has an advantage so 

 

You as a sin have an advantage to kill cloth classes , ffs even chain classes in seconds(Sins got buffed so mutch its brainless now lol) One stun (advances one) does 25+ k dmg and i am full dark talon +15... Your class melth cloth like hot knife melts the butter...

And pls stop spamming "noob" and "bad" when u kill cloth class...You look dumb

Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal opinion, in all honesty, the one mechanic that completely changed the dynamic of this game making melee practically HAVE to have an extendable and to the detriment of casting classes is the fact that they allow everyone to get such extremely high and maxed out runspeeds permanently. That one change actually screwed up this game in PVP and is the single reason why they have such issues balancing classes.  When this game first came out, run speed was probably the single most important mechanic to PvP. Your sprint skills and movement restriction/movement freedom skills were imperative. In that version of the game, 2s cast times made sense when people barely could get 7-8 run permanently and burst up to 10 or 12 in small doses. That's what they need to bring back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...