Forums

Harvest Festival Merchant Issue

Arctic

2 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Thats my point... the stats are temp. Meaning that they wont be as valuable after the event ends due to the fact that the stats are worse. And youre not spending 15$ to farm for it. You can either spend 3 weeks to farm for it, or 15$ to get it without doing any work. 

I mean, i normally farm and pay so it kinda evens out for me. 

1 hour ago, Drugged-KT said:

So sad that after you ONLY got eresh, you cant get a max honey :(

I did have the same rate as you to get it from the vending machine so yeah sucks to suck. But its not like a single transform matters when there are new added collections which some people myself included were not able to take advantage of the freebie without effort

NCSOFT, what is the problem? Give one of those weird, pixelated things per account for 10 Event Coins or 50 Honeys (not paired with anything) or something like that. Make it very easy to get. People who spend dollars will still buy to increase their collection and free to play will be happy and will not leave the game at the end of the events. And perhaps the discussions for the ultimate contract will end. I mean it honestly, I am reluctant to leave Aion. The game has more serious problems, there is no point wasting time on this.

You removed the rangers because the quests weren't attainable. You added this new event with more broken quests. You botched the NPC price on transformation and some capitalized on it. How many days of the event will it take you to A.  respond with resolution and/or B. Fix it? We spend so much of our playtime waiting on compensations and fixes these days. I've played off and on since launch and I can't remember a 2 year span that was worse than these last 2. Come on guys, get it to together. It's business, run it like you actually care about. it.

10 minutes ago, Kaikane-DN said:

You removed the rangers because the quests weren't attainable. You added this new event with more broken quests. You botched the NPC price on transformation and some capitalized on it. How many days of the event will it take you to A.  respond with resolution and/or B. Fix it? We spend so much of our playtime waiting on compensations and fixes these days. I've played off and on since launch and I can't remember a 2 year span that was worse than these last 2. Come on guys, get it to together. It's business, run it like you actually care about. it.

Amen. WIh the speed, and way they handle things it doesnt feel like a business/game anymore and more so just a cash grab. Sitting back in their chairs waiting to see how much money they can make before pulling the plug on the game, and being like "oh we didnt see this coming"

4 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

they're not hard. you can farm 50 of them in 2 days and it don't need to be a hardcore farm

You need a minimum of 100 Pine Needles to craft 50 Songpyeons, if you fail none. Its more like 150-200 with the fail rate. Only way to farm needles is to farm Moons during the 2 hour spawn time daily. There are already a handful of topics explaining how its nearly impossible to get 10 kills for the daily. How exactly are you farming this in 2 days?

4 hours ago, Carden-KT said:

honestly the easiest and fairest way to fix this problem at this point is to send everyone a locked contract. Those who already opened 1 wont be able to use it cause the key will be gone and those who missed out will end up getting a free legendary and just remove the contract from the NPC for this event and try again on a later event

I agree on this.

32 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

You need a minimum of 100 Pine Needles to craft 50 Songpyeons, if you fail none. Its more like 150-200 with the fail rate. Only way to farm needles is to farm Moons during the 2 hour spawn time daily. There are already a handful of topics explaining how its nearly impossible to get 10 kills for the daily. How exactly are you farming this in 2 days?

You can buy 10x on GST, but still not enough, given the failure rate it sucks. Plus that 2-hour window is not good for everyone and it is also a solo loot.

It should have been league loot.

8 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Thats my point... the stats are temp. Meaning that they wont be as valuable after the event ends due to the fact that the stats are worse. And youre not spending 15$ to farm for it. You can either spend 3 weeks to farm for it, or 15$ to get it without doing any work. 

in some way you are right. 

but on the other hand, those 4 contracts provide some bonus stats combined between them and with the others. Maybe is not so much, but if you add all thebenefits you can get by buying things, then you have a real difference between a free to play player and somebody who pays. A lot of people compleined a lot about P2W in Aion in the past, but IMO now that is real. 

Also, they are going to give us 1 for free. But in some way that will make some people to have more interest in buying the other 3. 

And, once again they found so fast the feature that made them lose something. But they need a lot of time to find other issues without a monetary impact for them. ¬¬ Some people will be looking for days the white emojis in Demaha to get the pine things.... But that is not their problem

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

but on the other hand, those 4 contracts provide some bonus stats combined between them and with the others. Maybe is not so much, but if you add all thebenefits you can get by buying things, then you have a real difference between a free to play player and somebody who pays. A lot of people compleined a lot about P2W in Aion in the past, but IMO now that is real. 

Also, they are going to give us 1 for free. But in some way that will make some people to have more interest in buying the other 3. 

And, once again they found so fast the feature that made them lose something. But they need a lot of time to find other issues without a monetary impact for them. ¬¬ Some people will be looking for days the white emojis in Demaha to get the pine things.... But that is not their problem

I hope they give us all a free contract, although idk if they will.

Also, they need to fix the event while theyre at it. The white emojis - or as i call them, the balls of satan - are incredibly frustrating and just so difficult in general. We had a group of SIX people, all of us had soverign gear, with a few advanced stigmas. And one cleric, and one vandal was enough to take like 3-4 mobs from us every round. Not to mention, we have to roll on them since were a group. So, if were lucky we get 1 mark every time. I dont know who at NCsoft though itd be a good idea to add a solo loot, random spawning mob for an iem that you need two of. I combined  more things today, and got 5 of the S stuff. So with that logic, itll take me  almost 8 days for the legendary transform. And thats only if I can make 16 marks a day. To get 16 it took me about a hour and 30 mins, near the end of the farming a lot more people came in and it got much rougher. 

2 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

In some way the event apart from all the bugs is not bad. how u mention about the stats that you get if u have the four contracts. another thing that plp are not seeing.. if u consumes 2 Legendary transformations via combination. u will get at the end of the event a box that might contain a ult contract or a select legendary apostole/pixel. For me thats the best part, I have 1 repeated legendary, in 2 weeks I hope to get another. When i get the box if i dont get the ult contract I can pick an apostole, I will go for Zikel, thats the best or one of the best legendary. 

another thing if u combine 12 ancient u will get a legendary at the end of the event, Apart from the collection effect if u have the 4 pixel legendary contracts..

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

I hope they give us all a free contract, although idk if they will.

Also, they need to fix the event while theyre at it. The white emojis - or as i call them, the balls of satan - are incredibly frustrating and just so difficult in general. We had a group of SIX people, all of us had soverign gear, with a few advanced stigmas. And one cleric, and one vandal was enough to take like 3-4 mobs from us every round. Not to mention, we have to roll on them since were a group. So, if were lucky we get 1 mark every time. I dont know who at NCsoft though itd be a good idea to add a solo loot, random spawning mob for an iem that you need two of. I combined  more things today, and got 5 of the S stuff. So with that logic, itll take me  almost 8 days for the legendary transform. And thats only if I can make 16 marks a day. To get 16 it took me about a hour and 30 mins, near the end of the farming a lot more people came in and it got much rougher. 

In the past in similar situations with some events, the mind behind the mechanics was Hime. lol (or at least they said she was doing the mats and deciding the things). 

But yes. Sounds really bad and that kind of things create divition between the players and a lot of issues. The elite on one side and the rest of the players on the other. 

1 hour ago, Camalus-KT said:

In some way the event apart from all the bugs is not bad. how u mention about the stats that you get if u have the four contracts. another thing that plp are not seeing.. if u consumes 2 Legendary transformations via combination. u will get at the end of the event a box that might contain a ult contract or a select legendary apostole/pixel. For me thats the best part, I have 1 repeated legendary, in 2 weeks I hope to get another. When i get the box if i dont get the ult contract I can pick an apostole, I will go for Zikel, thats the best or one of the best legendary. 

another thing if u combine 12 ancient u will get a legendary at the end of the event, Apart from the collection effect if u have the 4 pixel legendary contracts..

When all this started, even the ancient were hard to get. So many of us just tried for that. In the events we had them easier. Legendaries were like ultimate today. And Ultimate... well, there was just a legend about people who paid brutal amounts of real money. If you pay attention, every time they give us something, they create another thing to get. So if you pay some money to be updated today, in a coulpe of months, you will require to pay again for the new things, and then the same. But one day, that feature will be so big, broken and unbalanced that will be impossible to create new aditions to it. So finally it will be deleted or replaced. The message will say that they saw the issues created by that feature so they had to fix it to help the community. Something like what happened with unlimited enchantments, the old plumes and purified ones, the old stigmas... 

20 minutes ago, Slevia-KT said:

I have a question: if a gm from support replied to me saying I need to log out to enter my acount and I replied with ok, then clicked "solved",  should i have left it open? 

help!,

thanks.

Sometimes to fix things related with your inventory or similar things, it is required to you log out. They need a static account to check what is there and what happened. Also remember that Aion has no "save" so the progress is updated and as long as you play. So I guess with the player online would be like 2 simultaneous accounts trying to save at once. 

What they don´t need and they won´t ask from you are your account information, passwords, etc. The people who can help you, already have the power to get in. And if they can´t log in and need your information, it means they can not help you ;) 

so, it is a good idea to close your account if they ask for it. About the end of it, you are supposed to mark it as solved if the issue is not longer there. But if you made a mistake and marked as solved and closed the ticket (but is not solved), then you can send another one and explain that. 

Edited by Azzmaria-KT

so many cry babies, lol. too bad some people got the event item for free, at the end of the day when they put the npc back you can grind and buy it; the key is still free in BCM as far as i am aware. life is not fair, too bad  :(.  There's this saying " You have to be aware of the opportunities around you and take advantage of it" i.e: expecting NCFAIL to fail every single event and take advantage of it. xD. there's always next time, :). toodles.

5 minutes ago, buknoy-DN said:

so many cry babies, lol. too bad some people got the event item for free, at the end of the day when they put the npc back you can grind and buy it; the key is still free in BCM as far as i am aware. life is not fair, too bad  :(.  There's this saying " You have to be aware of the opportunities around you and take advantage of it" i.e: expecting NCFAIL to fail every single event and take advantage of it. xD. there's always next time, :). toodles.

You must be new here, NCWest is notorious for making mistakes and if people try their "features" they ban them. There have been broken mechanics in the past, some obvious, others not, and when people took advantage of them they got perma banned.

Welcome to Aion NA.

SL1MxLK.jpg

Edited by Arhangelos-KT

26 minutes ago, buknoy-DN said:

What would you say if this was an ultimate transformation, maybe a dark talon weapon box, or a wise dragon, void dragon that was casually given out to a lot of players, free of charge, while others have to now work for weeks to get it. 

1 hour ago, buknoy-DN said:

Don´t worry. you will get it. 

in some time you will be complaining too or you will be gone. happened to all of us. hahahahaha

2 hours ago, buknoy-DN said:

Sounds exactly like what the EC abusers and many other abusers of poorly done NC-chanics said before. Some people would rather wait for it to get fixed than risk a ban or rollback. But I guess some folks have 0 shame

Making a discount for locked Hanbok trans box is not a bad idea at all  (or sending the discount amount of honey songpyeons as gift). By making a discount to the point we just need 10 weekly and 3 daily pine needles, the solo loot of pine lover moons problem doesnt matter no more (and they now become the saviors for the tough luck). Also with 1 key per account limit, it doesnt seem to conflict with other affairs.

In my personal opinion, if NCsoft really raised the drop rate for pine needles. -- And by raising it, I dont mean "oh here you can get 2 every drop, but you also have the chance to get 10!" with the reality that to get 10 its a 2% chance.. -- I mean like an equal chance to get anywhere from 5-10 pine needles per mob. Also, making the needles alliance/group lootable. Then I would be perfectly fine with forgetting about this legendary transformation stuff. And, i would find this event to be very valuable. But right now, this event sucks. The amount of time to get pine needles is crazy.. i mean seriously. I farmed for over an hour and a half yesterday for 13 pine needles... Thats stupid.. If the chances to get 2, or 3 was much higher, like to the point where you got 3 about every other mob or something. Then yeah, Itd be easier, but not enough for me to be perfectly okay with this legendary transformation issue. But I havent seen a SINGLE drop thats more then 1 needle. We killed about 50-60 mobs last night, and none of them gave 2 or 3. 

So in conclusion, I wont speak for others, but for me. Raise the amount of pine needles dropped, and make them alliance/group lootable, and this legendary transformation issue is no longer an issue. I cant say how others will feel about this idea, but I feel its a good idea. Youre still requiring people to farm for the box, while also giving players the opportunity to get more then just the legendary transformation during this event. As well as, brining the community together to farm for these mobs.

Id like to bring up something NCsoft said before, they said "With that understanding, we looked into how auto-hunting features have affected communities in other games in order to better understand how it might affect Aion. While the player experience varies widely between different MMORPGs, at a high level, they can provide a point of reference for how this kind of system affects players, or in our case, specifically Western players. Our takeaway from this research is that auto-hunting has a profound effect on player communities by causing a substantial shift towards solo play." - https://www.aiononline.com/news/sept-2020-producers-letter

This event does everything you guys are trying to avoid. Players are required to go solo to kill these Mobs so they can advance in this event. And if they group up with players, its seen as a punishment due to the fact that loot has to be shared and the amount of pine needles received can be reduced by 6x. In my eyes, this encourages and promotes solo play. And showing new/returning players, its wrong to work with others and run together for this event. That they need to do the work alone, but theyre new and returning so doing that work is nearly impossible. I have full +15 sovereign, 3 advanced stigmas, and Viola. I was not capable of killing mobs last night by myself, due to the fact that there was Geared Vandals, and SMs all around. As a sorc, I have about 3 insta casting skills, that are long ranged. Now, these skills are not capable of killing a single mob unless theyre all used together (at least for me, for a moe geared sorc then they an get about 60-70% of the mobs hp down with 1 insta skill). By the time I click/tab onto a mob, and use one of my insta skills its already been killed by someone whos fully geared, with everything there is to imagine, that can insta cast like no big deal, and has the damage to be able to 1-2 shot these mobs with thier insta cast skills. (And no, im not saying a sorc cant do this event. Last night there was a sorc that was getting a majority of the drops, but he is very well geared. As well as SMs, and Vandals). If I was new, or returning, this would have a major negative impact on me and might make me leave the game. This could be some one's first ever event on aion, and its based solely around soloing. But, they cant even solo because theyre not geared enough so they then have to join a group and be punished by getting less rewards because of it.

Thats my thought on the current issues, I would love to hear what the community thinks about it and possibly the GMs as well. Thank you.

the multiple needles drop are from other type of mobs it seems, Moon Rabbit, the Pine Needle Thief rabbits that rarely spawns at the same place, and got 3 needles from it. seen it only once tho, but also wasn't aware of its existence so wasn't really looking for them

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

In my personal opinion, if NCsoft really raised the drop rate for pine needles. -- And by raising it, I dont mean "oh here you can get 2 every drop, but you also have the chance to get 10!" with the reality that to get 10 its a 2% chance.. -- I mean like an equal chance to get anywhere from 5-10 pine needles per mob. Also, making the needles alliance/group lootable. Then I would be perfectly fine with forgetting about this legendary transformation stuff. And, i would find this event to be very valuable. But right now, this event sucks. The amount of time to get pine needles is crazy.. i mean seriously. I farmed for over an hour and a half yesterday for 13 pine needles... Thats stupid.. If the chances to get 2, or 3 was much higher, like to the point where you got 3 about every other mob or something. Then yeah, Itd be easier, but not enough for me to be perfectly okay with this legendary transformation issue. But I havent seen a SINGLE drop thats more then 1 needle. We killed about 50-60 mobs last night, and none of them gave 2 or 3. 

So in conclusion, I wont speak for others, but for me. Raise the amount of pine needles dropped, and make them alliance/group lootable, and this legendary transformation issue is no longer an issue. I cant say how others will feel about this idea, but I feel its a good idea. Youre still requiring people to farm for the box, while also giving players the opportunity to get more then just the legendary transformation during this event. As well as, brining the community together to farm for these mobs.

Id like to bring up something NCsoft said before, they said "With that understanding, we looked into how auto-hunting features have affected communities in other games in order to better understand how it might affect Aion. While the player experience varies widely between different MMORPGs, at a high level, they can provide a point of reference for how this kind of system affects players, or in our case, specifically Western players. Our takeaway from this research is that auto-hunting has a profound effect on player communities by causing a substantial shift towards solo play." - https://www.aiononline.com/news/sept-2020-producers-letter

This event does everything you guys are trying to avoid. Players are required to go solo to kill these Mobs so they can advance in this event. And if they group up with players, its seen as a punishment due to the fact that loot has to be shared and the amount of pine needles received can be reduced by 6x. In my eyes, this encourages and promotes solo play. And showing new/returning players, its wrong to work with others and run together for this event. That they need to do the work alone, but theyre new and returning so doing that work is nearly impossible. I have full +15 sovereign, 3 advanced stigmas, and Viola. I was not capable of killing mobs last night by myself, due to the fact that there was Geared Vandals, and SMs all around. As a sorc, I have about 3 insta casting skills, that are long ranged. Now, these skills are not capable of killing a single mob unless theyre all used together (at least for me, for a moe geared sorc then they an get about 60-70% of the mobs hp down with 1 insta skill). By the time I click/tab onto a mob, and use one of my insta skills its already been killed by someone whos fully geared, with everything there is to imagine, that can insta cast like no big deal, and has the damage to be able to 1-2 shot these mobs with thier insta cast skills. (And no, im not saying a sorc cant do this event. Last night there was a sorc that was getting a majority of the drops, but he is very well geared. As well as SMs, and Vandals). If I was new, or returning, this would have a major negative impact on me and might make me leave the game. This could be some one's first ever event on aion, and its based solely around soloing. But, they cant even solo because theyre not geared enough so they then have to join a group and be punished by getting less rewards because of it.

Thats my thought on the current issues, I would love to hear what the community thinks about it and possibly the GMs as well. Thank you.

well, me as sin i farmed like 90 in 1 hour, cuz it was siege time :P