Harvest Festival Merchant Issue

Arctic

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey team - so I know everyone has been really curious to see how this is going to play out! There will be a lot of work on our side to address this, but here's the plan:

In total, about 300 players obtained the item in question before the merchant was taken down. We're going to be retrieving the items or transformations, or any results generated due to them. In cases where the once-per-account Key was used, we will be restoring it so the items can be earned fairly. Beyond this, we won't be taking further punitive actions as the actions will not have a significant impact the game economy or overall health.

On Wednesday, we will re-deploy the Merchant and you can begin spending your event currency, which will we will not be resetting.

Because players effectively lost a week of progress, we'll be providing a survey with the following items (Basically, all the non-transformation, non-cosmetic items available from the merchant this past week):
- [Event] Dimensional Hourglass (120 min) Bundle x1
- [Event] Consumables Bundle x5
- [Event] Legendary Blood Mark Bundle x2
- [Event] Instant Return Scroll Bundle x3
- [Event] Lugbug's Boon - Single-use Ticket Bundle x3
- [Event] Experience Mark Bundle x5

This survey will be available for one week, until maintenance on 10/14.

Hopefully this provides some much-desired info and thanks so much to those of you who've shown patience while we worked this out.

4hkan2.jpg

5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey team - so I know everyone has been really curious to see how this is going to play out! There will be a lot of work on our side to address this, but here's the plan:

In total, about 300 players obtained the item in question before the merchant was taken down. We're going to be retrieving the items or transformations, or any results generated due to them. In cases where the once-per-account Key was used, we will be restoring it so the items can be earned fairly. Beyond this, we won't be taking further punitive actions as the actions will not have a significant impact the game economy or overall health.

eeeew no! I didn't get any benefit for that npc bug, which was NC's fault, but I don't believe that is the solution. As others stated before, ppl that bought a second transformation from bcm to qualify for this event are going to be rightfuly upset. And if you are planning only stripping those who got the item but haven't donated... well... nc...

Find a better solution! Give 25-30 honey songpyeon to those who didn't get the item, or make  Pine Lover Moon easier to get or just give the transformation to players freely.

You already have a playerbase that is mad at you, why making it worse?

I mean... come on let’s just call it what it is. This shows the entire motto of the NCWest Company. They’d rather delete 300 transformations (and lord knows, poor guy that has to do it. I highly doubt Kibbelz Loki or Hime is doing it), then give a box to everyone and have an easy solution.

Nothing about this is easy, they not only have to delete the contracts, but lord knows how many complications are going to come up with the people that bought contracts... and on that note, let’s be real. NCsoft may not even delete anything off of their accounts because they combined it and spent money. But every free player will for sure be deleted. And, this will bring on more issues with the stupid pines that are horrible to get. It gave the 300 players a MASSIVE advantage over the entire player base for an entire week. That advantage could of been PFHM 3rd, or 4th boss. Maybe IDDHM 2nd boss. Who knows. And now those 300 players want that advantage back for at least another 2 weeks. So pine farms are going to be doubled, maybe tripled. Meaning less pines around, for the less geared/decently geared but not maxed out geared players. 

Now if they did the simple and easy solution, they give everyone except the 300 players a survey for the box. Then there’s no paying issues, no additional pine issues (for now), and all the players are happy. 

it’s already bad enough that we only have 2 weeks left for this transformations stat buffs. It’ll take you those two weeks just to get it. I don’t know about KT-A, or anyone on DN. But let me tell you, farming for pines on KT-E... it’s terrible. Just the other day I was LITERALLY 1v5ing an entire group for the pine mobs. I had 2 rabbits spawn and they stole both of the rabbits. I made only 3-4 pines in 30 mins by myself. 

12 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

it’s already bad enough that we only have 2 weeks left for this transformations stat buffs. It’ll take you those two weeks just to get it. I don’t know about KT-A, or anyone on DN. But let me tell you, farming for pines on KT-E... it’s terrible. Just the other day I was LITERALLY 1v5ing an entire group for the pine mobs. I had 2 rabbits spawn and they stole both of the rabbits. I made only 3-4 pines in 30 mins by myself. 

Thats not to mention the horrible RNG that goes with the crafting of this event, I have 12 Songypeons and made over 10 baskets. For me its almost 50 /50 on getting a Songypeon. At this rate with the impossibility of getting enough pine needles and the horrible RNG i will not be able to earn the free contract at all, only the $15 dollar one i paid for..

• Aion Team

Hi again everyone,

This is not the feedback we were hoping to see, and it's clear we missed the mark with our first attempt. We'd like to try again:

Rather than retrieving the transformations and items, we'd like to pivot our response by instead sending all players an [Event] Locked Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 Types) via survey. Since some players already used their key on the box they acquired for free initially, this will only impact players who still have a key. Based on the feedback we've seen, we will also be adding [Event] Honey Songpyeon x10 to the survey.

Finally, we want to acknowledge the difficulty in obtaining Pine Needles, so we intend to add a free daily Pine Needle (10x) Bundle to the store through 10/21.

We hope this solution feels more appropriate. Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts to us here on the forums; it's because of your passion we can respond like this at all. Let us know what you think - we'll all keep watching here.

4 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

This is not the feedback we were hoping to see, and it's clear we missed the mark with our first attempt. We'd like to try again:

Rather than retrieving the transformations and items, we'd like to pivot our response by instead sending all players an [Event] Locked Hanbok Pixel Transformation Contract Selection Box (4 Types) via survey. Since some players already used their key on the box they acquired for free initially, this will only impact players who still have a key. Based on the feedback we've seen, we will also be adding [Event] Honey Songpyeon x10 to the survey.

Finally, we want to acknowledge the difficulty in obtaining Pine Needles, so we intend to add a free daily Pine Needle (10x) Bundle to the store through 10/21.

We hope this solution feels more appropriate. Thanks for taking the time to write your thoughts to us here on the forums; it's because of your passion we can respond like this at all. Let us know what you think - we'll all keep watching here.

Thank you. I don't think anyone will be upset with this solution. Now I will actually spend real money on the BCM to buy a 3rd Hanbok for the collection. (Already bought a 2nd)

Edited by Vantheria-DN

4 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

This is the perfect outcome IMO, everyone should be happy, I salute you for listening and trying to do the right thing. Thanks 

7 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

@Kibbelz Thank you for justifying this. Much, much better solution.

@Kibbelz thank you for providing a better solution in a short turn around time.  I apologize for the overly negative feedback that you received attacking your character or intelligence when you're clearly just trying to be fair.  I commend the grace you're able to handle these kind of situations and maintaining an open form of communication with the community.

On 01/10/2020 at 8:26 PM, Violeta-KT said:

You need a minimum of 100 Pine Needles to craft 50 Songpyeons, if you fail none. Its more like 150-200 with the fail rate. Only way to farm needles is to farm Moons during the 2 hour spawn time daily. There are already a handful of topics explaining how its nearly impossible to get 10 kills for the daily. How exactly are you farming this in 2 days?

I got mines duoing a spawn with my Boyfriend the first 3 days of the event. After the ksing drama we stopped trying hard to farm it.
Btw I got way more pines than the needed to craft 50 songpyeons.

16 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

thank you!

25 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

Thank you for the help, this option seems more reasonable.

I said my peace, later tater.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

This is acceptable

42 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

Thank you! That's the easier outcome (since it's a free item anyway) and gonna make everyone happy. Congrats again for your real effort hearing the community, that's the kind of CM we aways wanted for!

46 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

Thanks for this solution, it's a better solution. While your first solution was fair so that everyone could grind the legendary like they were suppose to, it was kinda late to do that since some combined and opened ones from BCM which would anger a lot of people if it were to be reversed + with the complications of pine needle being solo loot and some unable to farm 50 with the KS'ing.

Edited by Maika-DN

This has been the funniest Aion thread and its not even close. xD  This is clearly the right decision and it should of been made a week ago but my favorite part of this was that you came up with a terrible idea to remove 300 players transform (and every combination after that).... the amount of work that would go into that is just insane.

Well its hard to admit u were wrong but kudos to u guys for finally admitting it!  

45 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi again everyone,

@Kibbelz

Not to be that guy, but, to also be that guy... You could have just put a poll up on forums saying, "Which Items does the Community want for the Event NPC Issue"

A simple post could have avoided all that back lash that had happened.

But, side-SIDEnote, thanks for making the change!