Harvest Festival Merchant Issue

Arctic

1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Free locked contract survey like npc selling it for 0? Wasn't selling for 0? Took down the npc for a week for no reason....

The NPC was taken down for two reasons. One, is that players got the free transform. And two, the price on the NPC was wrong.It was 30 instead of 50.

11 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

The NPC was taken down for two reasons. One, is that players got the free transform. And two, the price on the NPC was wrong.It was 30 instead of 50.

The npc was taken out because it was selling the contract for 0 in stead of what was supposed to be sold at, 50. In the end, players for their contract for "free". What do you consider the contract from the survey we'll be getting? compensation? free? Which is literally the same as npc selling it for 0. And obviously the key in BCM can only be bought once, so any extra locked contract ingame does nothing. As a result, npc removed from the game for no reason now that everyone is getting one for free.

2 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

The npc was taken out because it was selling the contract for 0 in stead of what was supposed to be sold at, 50. In the end, players for their contract for "free". What do you consider the contract from the survey we'll be getting? compensation? free? Which is literally the same as npc selling it for 0. And obviously the key in BCM can only be bought once, so any extra locked contract ingame does nothing. As a result, npc removed from the game for no reason now that everyone is getting one for free.

The survey is to compensate for all the players who didnt get the transform, and to just make the community  happy. This is what we need

12 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

If you look at it that way, then yes it would be for no reason now because of their current solution. But if we were given the 1st solution, then the npc wasn't removed for no reason. They gave the solution that would make the angry players happy.

1 minute ago, Maika-DN said:

If you look at it that way, then yes it would be for no reason now because of their current solution. But if we were given the 1st solution, then the npc wasn't removed for no reason. They gave the solution that would make the angry players happy.

The problem with any of that is we got the answer a week later. They could have removed the transform from the 300 that got it within a day or 2. I wouldn't mind. Anything after that wouldn't make any sense, especially one week later. 

The easiest fix is to compensate those who didn't get it instead of take away, would could have been done on day 1, leaving the npc in game.

@Kibbelz Big thanks to you & the rest of the team for being willing to consider alternatives, I think this response makes a lot of sense both for us and you. Look on the bright side though, the legendary transformation is certainly a low-barrier reward now (As it well should be)! Hopefully now we can all try for some of the other items that the transformation would have diverted resources from.

P.S. Thank you for adding those pine needle bundles as well, my guilt every time I needed to go get my needles was getting out of hand. Now at least everyone will have a reliable way to do at least a reasonable amount of crafts each day, hopefully decreasing the competition for the mobs. 

Edited by Fest-DN

3 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

"The problem with any of that is we got the answer a week later. ... "

I think this is the point. 

They allowed the players to keep them and play and buy stuff on BCM to get the combinations and all that. Also a lot of players didn´t continued with the farming cause did not have interest in the skins or emotes. 

The players did wrong by taking an obvious unfair and broken advantage. But even then, the best idea would be to give an advice the same day or one day later telling the people that those transformations could be removed. Also, another extra idea would be to take the remaining transformations contracts out of BCM for a couple of days to give time to fix the issue, don´t letting the players to complete the combos or combining them. 

Well this is resolved the way most people wanted, so why do we keep arguing about it?

@Ele-DN this is the row of events:

1. The NPC had a free legendary and it was wrong
  2. They took the NPC down to fix it
  3. They found the solution to undo the free purchase
  4. People complained so they said ok at this point let everyone have it free

~~

As for everyone else, I still do not understand the notion that some people got it for free and then bought a BCM contract and now taking it back is "bad"... they could still buy the contract with 50x songpyeons and re-do the combine. Like they weren't going to lose anything, they simply wouldn't be able to get it for free.

I never understood the "WhAt AbOuT tHoSe ThAt BoUgHt"... yeah those that bought would still keep the purchased one and they would have the free removed and undo the combine they did... they would have to ->purchase<- the transform and repeat the same thing they did losing nothing.

• Loki unpinned this topic