PFHM second and third boss requirement??

Camalus-KT

Hi, Im a poor noob guy, and as me there are many players who can't pay for chance loot on PFHM/IDD.

I want to know what is the minimal requirement to go PFHM second and third boss? Gear level, cubics, party members, minion level, etc.. I will appreciate any tips that u can give.

Thank you.

Armor and weapon are all that matters try to have the Sov weapon and armor +15 if it is you can do it doesn't matter your accessories doesn't matter your cubics doesn't matter minion anything. Jotun you need to have armor tuned def but for tarukan you need to make sure with luna buff or chanter buff or self buffs you have around 17k acc so you really are getting the full damage in because his eva is high. Both jotun and tarukan were done in NA and other regions before cubics/S minions came out so you don't NEED them they just help. If you don't have Sov weapon make sure you have titan coin weapon. If you don't have Sov armor make sure you have titan coin armor. Weapon and armor must be +15 if its not you need full kata accessories and def need cubics. Pretty much all of PF/IDD is the same the only exception being frigida you must have max of max of everything or it is a nightmare.

Jotun to make easier Temp+Chanter. you can add cleric or sm for spirit BG or extra bodies for stack but doesn't matter much. Tarukan nothing special is needed maybe a 2nd healer so when the jotuns spawn one heal on each. Magma/Heaven IDD Templar with Incite Rage stigma or a good AT to hold aggro of the Spirits on the Magma boss. Orissan really doesn't matter team comp at all you just need dps fast dps and if people on your group can't hold themselves from hitting stuff grab a ranger/gunner/cleric for anti heal <- But you dont NEED this if you stop dps when you are supposed to

OK. I understand I have full Sov set 15+ and weapon 15+, full cruel demaha except the 2 earing that are Scarlet, i have some cubics for second boss + minion ranks S. I will watch some videos on youtube to learn the mechanics of those bosses.

Thank you.

Tuning is very important you want defense tunings for all bosses but for Taru and taru alone you need accuracy. Me personally I have an accuracy set of extra accessories I am not using anymore my kata/dem accessories I socket them full accuracy. My armor is tuned both def HP/crit. This just helps you need less cubic because the stats harder to replace are already taken care of. If you have low defense you will have to do mechanics more perfect. I don't have a leather but even my sorc in full set is 14.442 pdef 15.837 mdef I can tank with some def skills a few hits without dying I am not so super squishy I die instantly if I am hit this is very important. Make sure you have defense my templar is 16.3k 15.2k, my cleric/chanter are both about 15.5k/15.5k <- on chanter this is before the chanter buff though and both without HP buff. Defense is important important it puts a much bigger hinderance on your healers and supporters if you are squishy. Doesn't matter if you do high dps if you are dead. If in doubt again just get cubics

22 hours ago, Camalus-KT said:

I will watch some videos on youtube to learn the mechanics of those bosses.

I see you are a ranger. 99% of the time, I am our group's healer for PFHM, but I will try to give a few tips for dpsing on 2nd and 3rd bosses. Fortunately, as the dps, you probably will not have any important "jobs!" :x Sorry if this seems a bit long, but hopefully may be helpful.

2nd boss/Jotun:

1. Stacking is KING in here. Stacking at the right time is always, ALWAYS more important than a little extra dps. Literally, if it's time to stack, you stop whatever you are doing and you stack. Most important thing to remember for this boss! The skill that you need to stack on is called Concussive Wave. It is a very common skill. Most groups stack in the middle of the room so that there is never any confusion about where everyone needs to get back together.

2. Always be within 15m of the boss. Why? When the boss selects a new target to stun after the aetherhold (watch some videos if that statement is confusing to you), the target could be you. If you are the target and you are farther away than 15m, the boss will do a skill called Steaming Geyser that will one-shot everyone unless you are a very geared templar.

3. The boss "dies" at 50%. So the last "half" of the boss is from 75% - 50%. In this last "half," there will be a skill fairly often called Rage Quake. This is a one-shot skill. You need to be behind the boss. He does this skill immediately after aetherholding everyone. So after you are aetherheld, just calmly wait until you drop back to the ground and then move behind the boss. Do not start up a dps rotation yet.

4. Many groups kite around a lot on the second "half" of the boss to avoid being auto-attacked, but this is actually not good. It can cause the boss to bug and Rage Quake in the wrong direction. Instead, make good use of any evasion/resist skills you have. If you are the boss's target for auto attacks, you will take 1 (sometimes 2) direct auto attacks after stacking for Concussive Wave. Shield yourself, use an evasion skill, etc. Your healer SHOULD be watching you closely. For example, my finger is always on F (my keybind for Healing Burst), ready to blast the target with 30k HP as soon as they are hit. BUT, you need to take a bit of responsibility for yourself at that time to minimize the damage as well.

3rd boss/Tarukan:

1. Two, possibly three times, during this boss, you will be responsible for watching statues in a corner of the room and looking for glowing eyes. These glowing eyes are very hard to see! They glow red, but it is so tiny and light (shame, NCsoft!). Make sure your graphics are all turned on properly.

2. During the "clone time" when you are watching your corner statue, do not do anything with your skills that may cause you to get aggro of the clone. The clone has major heal aggro, so often, the healer in the group will be the one to pull the clone to the wall. Unfortunately, if someone pulls aggro from me, it is hard for me to get it back in time to get the clone to the wall before the buff on him disappears. So just watch yourself here. Don't accidentally hit the clone.

3. The dark brown "star" lines on the floor will light up randomly. They will hit you for about 80-90k HP when they do. It is a one-shot skill for some people. Don't ever stand on them because you don't know for sure when they will light up.

4. When the skill Bitter Energy is cast, stop what you are doing and go kill the adds. A little extra dps on the boss is not worth the Jotuns dying because everyone will be insta-killed then.

5. Always stay behind the boss (technically, directly across from the tank). There is actually only one skill that you need to be behind Tarukan (Electric Judgment), but it is always, always good practice to stay behind the boss. Note, if you are on the side of the boss, he may turn and one-shot you with Electric Judgment. ALWAYS BEHIND.

Now, people may say "oh you don't ALWAYS have to do those things" or whatever, but these are just tips to make it easier. Yes, you can mess up every now and then and still beat the boss. But these are just "best practice" items.

Both those bosses are pretty easy. Did both bosses and passed on the first (my first) attempt, just from group members who had done it before, explaining the mechanics. Cubics help. 40% attack on both and it was 17? defense for Primeth and 7 or 9 for Tarukan. Whats more important is knowing game mechanics. 

For Primeth, its best if everyone(like every boss) to stay alive. As you can see from videos, who ever the boss is targeted is kiting. Reaction time help, someone calling who has agro helps because game sometimes doesn't show on your screen who has agro. For stats, almost all armor pieces that can have it is tune for hp and p def. You could, mainly socket more hp just to have more hp to have less chance of being 1-2 shotted/better recovery time. And obviously defense cubics first for survivability, but once you figure out the fight, having more attack cubics, would shorten the fight and less agro swap/kiting.

3rd boss is almost straight dps. Tank has boss facing away from everyone. Kill adds before they kill the jotuns. When there is a clone that comes up, look for eyes in the corners where the statues are and there should be a roll for someone to pull the clone to it, but it can be anyone. When the clone is near you, don't use any heals or aoe, but if you do, help "pull" the clone by moving to where the eyes are. Attack cubics first, but def helps too because one of the bosses attacks will pull you and take 80-90% of your hp.

Archived