How are sorcerers in pvp NOW?

CaIcifer-KT

Greetings,

I am a very old player who is thinking of returning to Aion in the near future. But even before i think of returning, i need to know if sorcerers are ANY good at pvp now? I remember sorc was a crappy class to play with in pvp when i was still playing...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on what i am reading on forums, unless you are super incredibly geared Sorcs cannot kill people as the dps is just not enough.  

It seems the big skills still get nerfed when in pvp

Their spell effects still look good though.

23 hours ago, CaIcifer-KT said:

Greetings,

I am a very old player who is thinking of returning to Aion in the near future. But even before i think of returning, i need to know if sorcerers are ANY good at pvp now? I remember sorc was a crappy class to play with in pvp when i was still playing...

Sorcs are ok.

Not much special but so are most classes currently.

They are hurt specially by the fact that in Aion now, everyone moves and attacks very fast, throwing their strongest skills in the fist 5 seconds of the fight, and its not easy to react to everything that is happening around you, and you kinda need that as a sorc.

The dps thing complaint here is because people here were not using the dps tree as pretty much any class does now. Honestly you might wanna try gunslingers, cuz why not ? The difference is that you gonna have to enchant 3 different weapons.

There are no serious sorcs in Korea now that you can watch and see from what I know, as there still the consequences for the new rules of streaming they have there.

But there is those 2 if you wanna watch:

http://bj.afreecatv.com/ckdrmsdl06/vods

http://bj.afreecatv.com/qzxw123

18 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

1v1 is fine anything else nope other classes do the job better.

That reply doesn’t even make sense - sorry 1v1 against what? if another sorc, fine lol

No, OP don’t. waste your time playing sorc now - I think the comment regarding fast combat is semi- accurate- part of the problem is that sorcs aren’t easily capped with respect to cast/atk/run speed and they  now have classes that can put out damage quickly with better defenses and shorter offensive CDs.

Would suggest a fun easy class like vandal.

There are classes that are tankier, with better survival skills and defenses that throw equal or more dmg than sorcs. So a sorc is left being a glass class without the dps advantage.

Sorc is good as long as you are super ultra end game geared and your enemy isn't. On equal gear many classes are both more tanky and offensive than sorcs.

4 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

That reply doesn’t even make sense - sorry 1v1 against what? if another sorc, fine lol

In a 1v1 scenario there is nothing wrong with sorc I guess being super specific AOD type 1v1 OW is a different debatable topic. RvR 3v3 6v6 etc they aren't anything special and many other classes are better. 1v1 they are fine, group PvP they are not. Of course against a sin, ranger, maybe vandal as well they definitely aren't going to fare very well but other classes they don't do that bad in 1v1. Group PvP yes, I totally agree with everyone in the fact they they have such long cast times/cds and just lack too much that other classes have to be worth playing for group. Cleric and Templar are the only 2 classes in 1v1 that I believe are just stupid broken because they literally have it all. I don't think it's fair to just tell someone that Sorc is rubbish and there is nothing you can do to make it playable because even currently I don't believe it to be true and it should be up to the person to decide how the changes effected the class to their own playstyle. Matsukamy at least posted some content on sorc, is it bias yes, but it at least shows the OP about sorc without giving a subjective opinion and nothing else to go on.

Truthfully this is pretty subjective who is to say the OP isn't a great sorc that won't have the same problems as others there are plenty of end game geared sorcs that can easily kill other nd game geared players and I think we all can name a few on each server. Korea isn't the best example because they think of it as mostly a PvE class. I tried to ask some people in legion about other KR Aion Sorcs but most don't know many that are content creator because to a lot it is not the most fun class to watch PvP. That does not mean they can't be good. AT/Ranger is another class that KR doesn't care for that much but it also doesn't mean the class isn't good. I don't have content about him but this guy crushes me all the time on KR server but I asked and he is not a content creator. There are more geared player than him by a lot but he is just an all around good sorc

Devil https://aion.plaync.com/characters/server/59/id/44818/home 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:49 AM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

In a 1v1 scenario there is nothing wrong with sorc I guess being super specific AOD type 1v1 OW is a different debatable topic. RvR 3v3 6v6 etc they aren't anything special and many other classes are better. 1v1 they are fine, group PvP they are not. Of course against a sin, ranger, maybe vandal as well they definitely aren't going to fare very well but other classes they don't do that bad in 1v1. Group PvP yes, I totally agree with everyone in the fact they they have such long cast times/cds and just lack too much that other classes have to be worth playing for group. Cleric and Templar are the only 2 classes in 1v1 that I believe are just stupid broken because they literally have it all. I don't think it's fair to just tell someone that Sorc is rubbish and there is nothing you can do to make it playable because even currently I don't believe it to be true and it should be up to the person to decide how the changes effected the class to their own playstyle. Matsukamy at least posted some content on sorc, is it bias yes, but it at least shows the OP about sorc without giving a subjective opinion and nothing else to go on.

Right. To summarize 1v1 sorcs are fine. Now to clarify, I'm not talking about arena, but OW.

Except if vs sin, ranger, maybe vandal.

Except cleric and templar are OP.

LMAO-- do you even realize how you contradict yourself?

So that leaves the other cloth (SW, SM, sorcs) glad, and  AT. Now in OW I would say that in this grouping sorcs have the hardest time. Feel free to dispute this.

Incidentally, I haven't said that sorcs are "rubbish" however if someone wants to PVP on a sorc then they will get far more enjoyment on virtually any other class with much less effort for 1v1. I would actually say that in group PVP a skilled sorc can have fun, but again it is much more work.

Regarding PVE- yes sorcs are fine- but the PVE in Aion is crap compared to other games in my personal opinion.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Right. To summarize 1v1 sorcs are fine. Now to clarify, I'm not talking about arena, but OW.

Except if vs sin, ranger, maybe vandal.

Except cleric and templar are OP.

LMAO-- do you even realize how you contradict yourself?

So that leaves the other cloth (SW, SM, sorcs) glad, and  AT. Now in OW I would say that in this grouping sorcs have the hardest time. Feel free to dispute this.

Incidentally, I haven't said that sorcs are "rubbish" however if someone wants to PVP on a sorc then they will get far more enjoyment on virtually any other class with much less effort for 1v1. I would actually say that in group PVP a skilled sorc can have fun, but again it is much more work.

Regarding PVE- yes sorcs are fine- but the PVE in Aion is crap compared to other games in my personal opinion.

Mate vs any class there is a counter class so every class is bad against certain classes. Cleric and Temp are the only exceptions they have very little weakness because they have so much. I did not say there is no way for sorc to beat leather just on average the outcome will probably favor the leather. With cleric and templar being the only exceptions to this rule. Sin/Ranger for example Bad against the 3 plates and Cleric. Wait isn't that the same number of classes sorc is bad against? Don't convince someone their class is useless because of your own experiences this person could be worlds better than you and have none of the bad experiences you have. Its obvious to say yeah if we ran numbers leather like sin with burst, plenty of gap closing abilities, and resists and rangers burst, vandals have burst too but not to the sin/ranger extent anymore, can prob win but it doesn't mean they will every time. I also agree in group PvP its totally up to what is fun to the player and its debatable in a strict 1v1 generally there is facts you can look at there are more variables in group.

The thing is the person wants to come back to the game don't give the person a negative opinion of their class just because you don't like it. There are plenty of sorc players that PvP that do damn fine. I have been clapped by plenty of decent sorcs in a 1v1 (arena, duel, OW with other parties not involved) playing the classes I say beat them on average

3 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Mate vs any class there is a counter class so every class is bad against certain classes. Cleric and Temp are the only exceptions they have very little weakness because they have so much. I did not say there is no way for sorc to beat leather just on average the outcome will probably favor the leather. With cleric and templar being the only exceptions to this rule. Sin/Ranger for example Bad against the 3 plates and Cleric. Wait isn't that the same number of classes sorc is bad against? Don't convince someone their class is useless because of your own experiences this person could be worlds better than you and have none of the bad experiences you have. Its obvious to say yeah if we ran numbers leather like sin with burst, plenty of gap closing abilities, and resists and rangers burst, vandals have burst too but not to the sin/ranger extent anymore, can prob win but it doesn't mean they will every time. I also agree in group PvP its totally up to what is fun to the player and its debatable in a strict 1v1 generally there is facts you can look at there are more variables in group.

The thing is the person wants to come back to the game don't give the person a negative opinion of their class just because you don't like it. There are plenty of sorc players that PvP that do damn fine. I have been clapped by plenty of decent sorcs in a 1v1 (arena, duel, OW with other parties not involved) playing the classes I say beat them on average

Well, let's see. If again we restrict ourselves to 1 v1 and don't wander all over and mix in " OW with other parties " . Stick to a sorc out in OW, 1v1 . 

Point 1- Tell me what the sorc is a counter class now- I'd be interested to hear what you would name..

Whereas if I looked at a ranger, a lot of people would likely say that they are a counter to sorcs or SMs.

OK

Point 2

Let's look at clerics and templars?

Very little weaknesses as you admit

Sorcs still not doing so well

Point 3

Let's look at, let's say  - vandals. Great mobility, much better CDs, far better defenses, ez rotation -  as you say can probably win.

whoa -sorcs still not looking so great

orc used to be a good choice. It still IS a good choice under some conditions. No one can stop anyone from picking it if they want to, but it is very, very  different than how it played even 2 years ago, let alone more than 2 years ago, in PVP. and I was say much worse off.  This has nothing to do, by the way if someone likes a class-  incidentally I played sorc since closed beta. I like the class very much and I have played it  as well as other classes. Once you do that you can see just how poorly it stacks up compared to the past.

Sorcerers are still pre 5.8 era. There are other classes that get same or more dmg output and they also have far better survivability. A sorc can win a fight, and we have seen sorcerers top things, but that doesn't say much about the class as the percentages do.

If you find one sorc that did something awesome but the vast majority fall behind that is because the class isn't good enough. That one sorc might have great gear advantage or a lucky moment where his silence minion proc'ed or a critical hit occurred the right moment.

We can summarize the problem with sorcs in: they are the only casting class and in a game where everyone walks at full speed and hit at max attack speed... casting a skill sounds like a 2010 joke.

If they made our skills instant, we would be like Vandals minus the survivability, think about it. And it is not just out ulties that require a long cast time, even our normal skills with little dmg need to be cast.

How many classes have silence... how many of them have it instant or need to cast it?

Sorc is good against most magic classes maybe AT/Cleric is the only bad examples. But sorc is great against glad chanter also templars who aren't geared wont kill them and it will just take the sorc a few years to kill them but they are still pretty decent against temp. Sure their big defensive skills have longer cd and their strong damage has a cast time but I mean are we talking ungeared players or geared players. Ungeared is a huge difference because there are many stages of "ungeared" and honestly most classes are garbage ungeared. I would agrue cleric one of the best classes right now is hot garbage when ungeared. Templar at least ungeared still takes so long to kill. Sm also have the same cast time and cd as sorc for the silence/bind. Sorc on the other hand have a huge amount of stun skills and some of their stuns last a good amount of time.

I agree its all a matter of opinion but one thing I'll say is good luck playing a melee class without an extendable by far the worst classes to PvP with if you don't have them. We need a rush on 7.7 or give the extendies in events for these returning players and people who didn't get them.

8 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Sorc is good against most magic classes maybe AT/Cleric is the only bad examples. But sorc is great against glad chanter also templars who aren't geared wont kill them and it will just take the sorc a few years to kill them but they are still pretty decent against temp. Sure their big defensive skills have longer cd and their strong damage has a cast time but I mean are we talking ungeared players or geared players. Ungeared is a huge difference because there are many stages of "ungeared" and honestly most classes are garbage ungeared. I would agrue cleric one of the best classes right now is hot garbage when ungeared. Templar at least ungeared still takes so long to kill. Sm also have the same cast time and cd as sorc for the silence/bind. Sorc on the other hand have a huge amount of stun skills and some of their stuns last a good amount of time.

Of course sorcs are fine against sorcs.  I would say they have a decent  but not easy time against SMs and SW - but I would still put the odds in the SM's favour - SMs have WAY more in their favour to debilitate the sorc than just comparing silence and bind isn't a factor (against a sorc). A geared SW is no pushover either.  Incidentally, sorcs do not necessarily have *huge* amount of stun skills- they have a choice, they may not run all of them, and they need to use them very carefully.

You said temps were OP before . Now you're saying that a temp who isn't geared won't kill a sorc. Well, really- who cares?  You can make that statement about almost any class. Now you're saying sorcs are "pretty decent" against them?

Saying sorcs are *great* against glads and chanter..smh...a fully geared, capped glad or chanter is again not an easy fight at all.

Finally - sorc versus ranger and sin. Who do you think gets stunned first there? Likely not the sorc.

Finally - I don't know now why you even started throwing gear into the discussion. There's no point in even going there, of course if you  are at at severe gear disadvantage  (and let's include transform)  in virtually any matchup you will lose. In the case of sorcs, I would say that is 100% because you won't get off any skills with poor cast speed, your animation speed is pathetic, your movement speed is bad,  and you have no damage or defense and of course virtually zero self-heals now.

All of this depends are all parties max geared? Ping? Do melees have extendable?

Against glad I think you must have glad derangement syndrome. Glad is so easily kitable and idk how a sorc would lose that unless they are dead face down on the keyboard. Glad is so weak especially if they cant get to or stay on target they are so useless. Anything that can kite them its an easy win. They rely on their burst to kill targets that can kite.

Templar is unlike a lot of classes having survivability in this patch where not many classes have they don't die under 1 mistake. If they are not geared sure they will live a lot longer but they wont have the damage to kill and when on cd can easily be kited as well but unlike glad they its much harder to kite them.

Ranger/sin yes but the issue here is they have a lot of burst which lets them just instagib them if they chain stun.

SM honestly matter on skill of player most of their disable skills are the same more or less. 

SW I don't think is that hard for sorc at all. SW burst has dropped, sw disable cd are longer than sorcs. SW def give them a small chance to resist disables and their shields are pretty bad and can easily be removed. 

Gunner falls in that do they get full burst off into a bare target if not when their cd are down they die pretty fast against targets they can't kite or have equally high burst

Cleric, yes, I will say the cleric more often then not wins this. Many reason their burst is high they have decent cc and good sustain dps and heal

Chanter generally are support but if they are dps chanter have high burst but need the knockdown or the burst isn't that high again kitable and vulnerable to cc since cleanse it long cd

Vandal had burst reduction it would be close but probably vandal will win because they can't kill like leather does but like you said they have low cd def skills so they most likely can clutch it out over the fight

AT who knows not enough people play to get and good info

This is my opinion and you have your own but I guess its just better to give the guy info not just say, oh its bad long casts long cds. They have always had this sure they are more gear dependent than a few classes but melee's kinda need extendables or they are a lot worse and some other classes. Cleric Temp who are pretty "OP" imo are gear dependent classes if they aren't maxed they can be bad are bad too. You are free to say hey Sorc kinda dep on Kaisinel similar to SW but thats a lot better than saying they are just bad and kinda unplayable

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

All of this depends are all parties max geared? Ping? Do melees have extendable?

Against glad I think you must have glad derangement syndrome. Glad is so easily kitable and idk how a sorc would lose that unless they are dead face down on the keyboard. Glad is so weak especially if they cant get to or stay on target they are so useless. Anything that can kite them its an easy win. They rely on their burst to kill targets that can kite.

Templar is unlike a lot of classes having survivability in this patch where not many classes have they don't die under 1 mistake. If they are not geared sure they will live a lot longer but they wont have the damage to kill and when on cd can easily be kited as well but unlike glad they its much harder to kite them.

Ranger/sin yes but the issue here is they have a lot of burst which lets them just instagib them if they chain stun.

SM honestly matter on skill of player most of their disable skills are the same more or less. 

SW I don't think is that hard for sorc at all. SW burst has dropped, sw disable cd are longer than sorcs. SW def give them a small chance to resist disables and their shields are pretty bad and can easily be removed. 

Gunner falls in that do they get full burst off into a bare target if not when their cd are down they die pretty fast against targets they can't kite or have equally high burst

Cleric, yes, I will say the cleric more often then not wins this. Many reason their burst is high they have decent cc and good sustain dps and heal

Chanter generally are support but if they are dps chanter have high burst but need the knockdown or the burst isn't that high again kitable and vulnerable to cc since cleanse it long cd

Vandal had burst reduction it would be close but probably vandal will win because they can't kill like leather does but like you said they have low cd def skills so they most likely can clutch it out over the fight

AT who knows not enough people play to get and good info

This is my opinion and you have your own but I guess its just better to give the guy info not just say, oh its bad long casts long cds. They have always had this sure they are more gear dependent than a few classes but melee's kinda need extendables or they are a lot worse and some other classes. Cleric Temp who are pretty "OP" imo are gear dependent classes if they aren't maxed they can be bad are bad too. You are free to say hey Sorc kinda dep on Kaisinel similar to SW but thats a lot better than saying they are just bad and kinda unplayable

1- Once again, you can't keep your own argument consistent. You cannot even agree yourself on which classes are strong and in which scenarios. 

2-  No one has said , except you- that sorcs are bad or unplayable.

3- If you go back and read the thread, the people who actually play sorc have given reasons but you refuse to consider them.

4) If you played some of thsoe classes- from what you are saying I will assume you don't-  you would probably be of the opinion that SMs have far more ways to disable virtually any class, certainly a sorc, and that SW  shields are far superior in a 1v1 against a sorc.

5) A good chanter or glad is extremely competitive given equivalent gear especially in OW.

By all means, throw ping into the mix if you want. Hey, maybe one them in the 1v1 is an 80 year old or is running on wireless on DSL? 

But this isn't what the OP asked,  and once again- sure he/she can go back to sorc, but for PVP I would say it's one of the worst choices right now.

2-  No one has said , except you- that sorcs are bad or unplayable.

I think that is the perfect way to not describe this thread or this sorc discussion in general here in NA.

But this isn't what the OP asked,  and once again- sure he/she can go back to sorc, but for PVP I would say it's one of the worst choices right now.

Ok, lets be clear to it then. Which class would you say is the worst class in PVP, or at least one that is worst than sorc.

If you look in the old sorc thread here in this forum, you will see some duels between dykim and naeangpa when they reversed roles. You will see that it is like 50/50, although i wouldnt say it outright. Now, considering that people say that sin is sorc "anticlass", try to compare that to a sin trying to kill a templar or a glad. Or even a Chanter.

@Rapier-DN If the OP would be coming back to the game what would you suggest? You said vandal what if vandal wasn't their playstyle. SM is pretty different to sorc and SW is kind of close but it seems wrong to say that because of the classes weakness it makes it worse than others every class has a weakness for a reason. I wouldn't suggest any melee because if you can say that making glad/temp/chanter/sin knowing that there aren't extendables I think that is trolling just because you say sorc, the class they are asking about, is "one of the worst choices". I would say that doesn't matter if you have everything else without the extendie those classes are far more disadvantaged than a sorc with having long cd and casts. Chanter at least you have the option to be group healer. Also if we are giving suggestions I would say AT/ranger aren't the best for PvP they are dependent on the DP daeva which is pretty difficult to get. So that leaves cleric/sm/sorc/sw/vandal/gunner. Most are pretty gear dependent as well but playing against someone who has the extendable is much more favorable than playing without them on your own class.

If you must know I play Chanter and Cleric, but lately because both of those are completely finished for me I have been playing Sorc/Templar and trying my hand at SW for main heal for instances. My Sorc is currently pretty geared I guess I finished my main DT set I have full aoa bursting accessories and I managed to get all my adv stigmas, working on daevas I have 6, and I currently only have red and green gems. I do have kaisinel, ereshkigal, and marchutan. I keep hearing people talk like sorc is just the absolute dumpster class in PvP. Through my 4 months of this patch experience, current sorc I don't see them as being lesser to any class when geared and its not that hard currently to gear them or get the things they need to be competitive. I get you are telling me you said they have long casts and long cds on def skills and its just what makes them worse compared to lets say vandal but a lot of that problem is taken care of by xform and adv daeva or stigma. Imo any melee class for a new or returning without the ability to get an extendable would be far worse in PvP than any other class they could play.

The only reason I brought up ping is here in NA we have people from NA, SA, EU, Asia, and the Australia everyone has different ping are they playing with the 16ms Texas ping or are they playing with the upwards of 200ms SA/EU/Asia ping.

Differences in gear is huge since you speed run lvl 80 a new/returning vs a long playing player who has it all doesn't matter what class you play you will die in a second if you want to talk about what are the best classes to gear in a short reasonable time it will all depend and be subjective. At least what it seems is the OP is content and only concerned in sorc and not wondering about the other classes as much so just telling them this is their weaknesses, which if you played sorc has always been their weaknesses, is not a good argument on why they are not as good. If anything sorc is overwhelmingly good at PvE worst case scenario since half the gear is in boxes they can PvE on their sorc and gear the alternate classes and have the ability to see if sorc is still right for them for PvP before spending time or money on the extra stuff to max the sorc out. 

I am not saying sorc is the greatest class in the game, its not. Something that is so good at PvE most likely won't be super strong in PvP but does it make them worse than others I don't happen to think so. Sorc, AT, Ranger, dps Chanter are all pretty bad geared or not but it doesn't mean if you are good and geared they cant beat other classes you see this everyday in the good players who play these classes. If you take extendables away from melee I'd say dps chanter is by far the worst class, but sin/glad will fall to the same group as the sorc, at, ranger group. Templar barely being higher than them because having the extendable is a staple part of the melee's gear. 

If you had all the money to spend on the game as a new/returner nothing is stopping you from maxing a sorc and it being pretty good for PvP if you got adv stigma which are really cheap for sorc. all these skill boxes got adv daevas. took advantage of the promotion and got yourself ulti xform and got all the gear. I think you would be much better off than a new/returner on a melee that it is impossible to get an extendable currently. I see far more glad and vandal rerolling off the class than any other and sorc being so cheap because of opinions like most have makes this such. Also it makes the sorcs that do play stand out because there are a good handful that when I see I just run and don't fight them.

We have different opinions that is fine and I am willing to talk about whatever but you responded to my comment on sorc being totally fine in a 1v1 but in group it would probably be far better to have a sm or sw to take their place. You disagree with my points that's fine but this below is not true in my opinion this partly applies to most classes. I told you how I felt about sorc and you disagree and cool we agree to disagree and the OP can form his own opinion on the topic but at least now they have more idea than just a simple remark on the current class

On 10/6/2020 at 11:40 PM, Rapier-DN said:

No, OP don’t. waste your time playing sorc now - I think the comment regarding fast combat is semi- accurate- part of the problem is that sorcs aren’t easily capped with respect to cast/atk/run speed and they  now have classes that can put out damage quickly with better defenses and shorter offensive CDs.

Would suggest a fun easy class like vandal.

Max geard sorc (+15 stigmas and daevians) with the vast majority of the offensive collections and cubics completed can 2-4 shot just about any class, templars included. If they have they have proper MagAcc then even MR isn't an issue. Some classes they would have to get the drop on first like ranger.  The issue in NA Aion is that there aren't really that many stellar sorcs and practically ALL of the them are Elyos and play on KT. I haven't ran into an asmo sorc on any NA server that would breed any kind of trepidation that a few Elyos ones on KT inspire.

So long story short, Sorc is godly provided you get your character geared, +15 your Daevian and Stigmas, complete the vast majority of collections and cubics (if not all cubics tbh), and you are able to react and think fast because it isn't a class where you can hope to face tank for a bit then take your time to nuke your targets like in old patches. Those pre-requisites apply to almost any other class. 

I agree with @Malachyte-KT on this one for the most part. Yes most of the scary Sorc are KT-E. Yes you do need max gear but we are talking about max gear for the most part here. Yes you need to know the class but again believe we are talking about skilled players. Lastly yes their burst is insane when geared if you get locked most likely you will die. I have seen although, templar/chanter/AT survive the burst but only if they can get out of the locks to use their skills at the right time. Other classes if the sorc locks and blows their load you are most likely dead. Sorc imo and in some others opinion not as weak in PvP as people believe I will say it is much easier to just play it as a PvE class but that doesn't detract from the fact they are still pretty decent in PvP. Kaisinel on sorc pretty much solves most of the issues Rapier brought up and generally with the aetherholds, para, stuns, roots, sleeps sorc has enough time to decide when the best time to nuke you. I really feel sorc doesn't get enough credit where credit is due the class isn't the best on all marks but it is definitely not a class to overlook

On 10/11/2020 at 0:49 PM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I agree with @Malachyte-KT on this one for the most part. Yes most of the scary Sorc are KT-E. Yes you do need max gear but we are talking about max gear for the most part here. Yes you need to know the class but again believe we are talking about skilled players. Lastly yes their burst is insane when geared if you get locked most likely you will die. I have seen although, templar/chanter/AT survive the burst but only if they can get out of the locks to use their skills at the right time. Other classes if the sorc locks and blows their load you are most likely dead. Sorc imo and in some others opinion not as weak in PvP as people believe I will say it is much easier to just play it as a PvE class but that doesn't detract from the fact they are still pretty decent in PvP. Kaisinel on sorc pretty much solves most of the issues Rapier brought up and generally with the aetherholds, para, stuns, roots, sleeps sorc has enough time to decide when the best time to nuke you. I really feel sorc doesn't get enough credit where credit is due the class isn't the best on all marks but it is definitely not a class to overlook

Mind you, when most people read that  there are really only a few people of  "Insert class" on one server , on one faction that count, it might just  trigger a slight worry. Just slightly.  

It isn't only gear. Here's a clue -- as @Malachyte-KT started to refer to - it can be unforgiving. It was always fast-paced. Other classes are not *as* unforgiving of a mistake particularly in OW.

By the way, name a *mark* that sorcs are best now in OW? or a class where they are the anti-class? You still haven't done so.

2 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Mind you, when most people read that  there are really only a few people of  "Insert class" on one server , on one faction that count, it might just  trigger a slight worry. Just slightly.  

It isn't only gear. Here's a clue -- as @Malachyte-KT started to refer to - it can be unforgiving. It was always fast-paced. Other classes are not *as* unforgiving of a mistake particularly in OW.

By the way, name a *mark* that sorcs are best now in OW? or a class where they are the anti-class? You still haven't done so.

All the elyos sorcs he mentioned are always over-geared next to their opponents, he even mentioned sorcs who 2-4 shot people, if that  is not simple point blank period -> gear and stat difference then I do not know what it is. He acts as if some sorcs "know" how to do 40k dmg with their glacial shard,while another sorcerer hits for 20k on a critical and that is not because of gear difference, but because he is noob and didn't try hard to find out how to do more (or something).

For a class to be good it needs to do good in every scenario. Saying "there are not enough sorcs to do this or that"... well when Vandals were out, even newbies could kill anyone.. so Vandal is a good class because even noobs can kill with it and gear didn't play much of a role.

I a sorc needs to do all that to win, another class can do less and still win.

And no, no sorcerer can 2-shot anyone on equal gear, the 2-shots are from those elyos sorcs that have like 23k m.attack without buffs, just their base m.attack, who attack enemies that have like 14k m.def or something. And that is simple basic gear/stat difference.

What makes sorc shine in gear difference is that when your magic attack is dirty high and the enemy's m.def is not that good, your ulti skill will simply throw some pretty good numbers and that makes your class have skill that can 2-shoot you.

Also if a sorc can 2-shoot people then that sorc is not a good pvper, if you give them a normal geared sorc they will most likely lose every fight because they are used to throw 2 skills and always win, it is like a vandal with different animations. Their only worth is that they geared a lot more than others and they can cash on having stat difference.

Archived