Jump to content
Forums

How are sorcerers in pvp NOW?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Don't take it from me, take it from people a content creator who played all the classes and saw a ton of other players playing it.*

                                                                                                                               ^ *(not entirely true if they are not max geared on all classes)

2020-11-09-16-14.jpg

 

I wasn't going to comment more on this thread the point truly pertaining to the topic was made but meh. This above is highly subjective and the person plays in EU, every region is different. NA is not EU is not KR is not anywhere else but NA. EU is not the best judge of class rank either because there is a huge gap between players. There are a ton of people who don't have even legendary yet I see it all the time in EU.

If we want to go by KR (which I think is much better since most play a lot and more people are truly max geared) in 7.5 this tier list wouldn't even be close to the opinion there. If we told them Templar was towards the bottom they would laugh in our face and call us crazy. It's funny how in EU this is probably spot on by the number of people who play each class mixed with the people who actively run AOD or commonly OW PvP. In Korea if we look at AOD rank as well as other ranks Cleric, TP, and Sin's filled the top 25. A sprinkle of Painter's and Rangers. But since we are talking on sorc most people think of the sorc as a PvE class but that does not mean it is not viable in PvP. In the top 25 for the last few weeks of 7.5 there were 6 Sorcs in top 25 on each server, 3 were across all 6 server top 25, one was 3rd across all KR servers. If the class was basically a non factor why was there a Sorc who consistently made top 25 across all 6 servers in Korea throughout 7.5

The OP wants to know if its ok to play Sorc, with 7.7 coming next week I would def say yes because now on my server in Korea for both factions in top 50 there are 10 Sorcs. So now that the thread has went on long enough and a new patch is here I would say even more yes they are fine to play Sorc if that is the class they enjoy. They still have their issues but you can definitely play them unlike these "tier" list seem to make them out to be. There is no bad class some are harder than others the OP can play what they want and other Sorc's just need to git gud and realize what they could possibly be doing wrong. Most likely it's just not well geared enough. Some matchups are difficult but not every matchup. It does take a little more brain to play sorc but even sm takes knowledge just fearing the target and spamming whatever isn't going to kill them. Mages takes a bit of planning just the same as ranger/sin into some classes. When a physical fights a cloth its less same as when a magic fights a plate. There are exceptions but ask any ranger/sin how it feels fighting a glad/temp. Guarantee you they feel like their class is rubbish

Edited by Iostcrazyman-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I wasn't going to comment more on this thread the point truly pertaining to the topic was made but meh. This above is highly subjective and the person plays in EU, every region is different. NA is not EU is not KR is not anywhere else but NA. EU is not the best judge of class rank either because there is a huge gap between players. There are a ton of people who don't have even legendary yet I see it all the time in EU.

If we want to go by KR (which I think is much better since most play a lot and more people are truly max geared) in 7.5 this tier list wouldn't even be close to the opinion there. If we told them Templar was towards the bottom they would laugh in our face and call us crazy. It's funny how in EU this is probably spot on by the number of people who play each class mixed with the people who actively run AOD or commonly OW PvP. In Korea if we look at AOD rank as well as other ranks Cleric, TP, and Sin's filled the top 25. A sprinkle of Painter's and Rangers. But since we are talking on sorc most people think of the sorc as a PvE class but that does not mean it is not viable in PvP. In the top 25 for the last few weeks of 7.5 there were 6 Sorcs in top 25 on each server, 3 were across all 6 server top 25, one was 3rd across all KR servers. If the class was basically a non factor why was there a Sorc who consistently made top 25 across all 6 servers in Korea throughout 7.5

The OP wants to know if its ok to play Sorc, with 7.7 coming next week I would def say yes because now on my server in Korea for both factions in top 50 there are 10 Sorcs. So now that the thread has went on long enough and a new patch is here I would say even more yes they are fine to play Sorc if that is the class they enjoy. They still have their issues but you can definitely play them unlike these "tier" list seem to make them out to be. There is no bad class some are harder than others the OP can play what they want and other Sorc's just need to git gud and realize what they could possibly be doing wrong. Most likely it's just not well geared enough. Some matchups are difficult but not every matchup. It does take a little more brain to play sorc but even sm takes knowledge just fearing the target and spamming whatever isn't going to kill them. Mages takes a bit of planning just the same as ranger/sin into some classes. When a physical fights a cloth its less same as when a magic fights a plate. There are exceptions but ask any ranger/sin how it feels fighting a glad/temp. Guarantee you they feel like their class is rubbish

Here's a thought - why would you start out saying that every region is different then go into a detailed comparison of NA versus KR?

As you said, it doesn't apply to people playing in NA, nor their game experience. Nor is it necessarily relevant if OP will be playing in NA.  I won't go into more of your comparison to physical vs cloth as magic vs plate because that is so over-simplified it's just silly given that there are  4 cloth classes and 3 (technically 4  because AT is both magic and plate) magic classes  and are you seriously think all of those fight are equivalent? 

Mind you- what  is helpful is that NA does not make design designs so understanding how various classing are perceived in KR at least explains  changes in patches.

I'm sure OP gave up a while ago, but this post was just so convoluted it would have  totally misled or confused anyone who was new and only interested in playing on NA..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rapier-DN said:

Here's a thought - why would you start out saying that every region is different then go into a detailed comparison of NA versus KR?

As you said, it doesn't apply to people playing in NA, nor their game experience. Nor is it necessarily relevant if OP will be playing in NA.  I won't go into more of your comparison to physical vs cloth as magic vs plate because that is so over-simplified it's just silly given that there are  4 cloth classes and 3 (technically 4  because AT is both magic and plate) magic classes  and are you seriously think all of those fight are equivalent? 

Mind you- what  is helpful is that NA does not make design designs so understanding how various classing are perceived in KR at least explains  changes in patches.

I'm sure OP gave up a while ago, but this post was just so convoluted it would have  totally misled or confused anyone who was new and only interested in playing on NA..

 

If we are going to take EU opinion like it is just law why not take the even better region that is KR. Also I stated the reason for using KR is because the players are max geared so you can actually form a better assumption on the classes if you read that.

The game as it is in 7.5 is made up on who has the most damage. Survivability is low and Damage has been buffed through the roof. Defensive skills mean very little unless they allow you to resist or block an attack.

You are going to do more damage to the opposite resistance class more so than you would to another class that is the reason why I said magic into plate vs physical into cloth. If I hit a Plate with glacial shard and then Chain with it then a leather and last a cloth with glacial. There is a difference, who will take the most damage the Plate obviously. When def skills are used it will vary but with plate having the lowest m.def magic will hit them hardest with whatever skill they hit with. I went into the example of  glad/temp vs ranger/sin is similar to ranger/sin vs sorc/sm while glad/temp vs sorc/sm is much easier. It doesn't feel good at all and it makes you feel like you are useless when you play against a class that is inherently stronger, you can win but its difficult.

People saying sorc is just dumpster tier and doesn't count as a class doesn't help people come back to the game and if they do and they enjoy sorc that's all they will think about and blame for every reason they fail how is that helping anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking about the dmg formula in the most elementary school way? M.attack vs m.def and p.attack vs p.def, nice, but who threw the skill first though, the guy that has it instant or the guy that needs to cast it? Who managed to disable the enemy first, the guy that his disabling skills are either slow or even if they are instant he lacks the attack speed or the guy that has instant skill with an attack speed char with fast skill animations?

Your way of thinking is very basic and it is as if we only take into consideration a dmg formula. If everyone hits the same offense, then I would assume we would all have the same HP and defense and obviously we don't.

If an archer and a sorc try to sleep each other, the sorc is utterly useless because his sleep takes 2 seconds while archer's take a fraction of a second becasue it is instant. Don't tell me that archer is anti mage I knwo that, archer is an instant skill sorc, I am giving you an example of why sorcerer is still a pre 6.0 class and we are still living in 5.8.

I am not sure I can make this clearer and I feel like I repeated myself a million times. Even my instant stun is slower than the archer's stun because the archer is an attack speed user and he is better at it while sorc is slower in attack speed and the animations of the skills are usually longer, in between skill usage is slower in a sorc on top of needing to cast skills.

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

People saying sorc is just dumpster tier and doesn't count as a class doesn't help people come back to the game and if they do and they enjoy sorc that's all they will think about and blame for every reason they fail how is that helping anyone.

...but not telling them the truth and letting them waste time in a class they will most likely fail is a good way to bring those people back?

If a sorc tries to sleep an SM and SM instantly fears the sorc there is nothing he can do about it, he has to know it is because of character design and because he sucks at it and has to be better at playing a sorc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyway we are getting 7.7 and sorc gets some boost so it will be better.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

My sorc has 80.727 my glad with 92.588. I would say sorc vs. glad is a much easier fight than ranger vs. glad. If you hit someone with a skill their HP doesn't matter its their defense so if you hit another sorc with glacial and a glad with glacial the glad obviously takes more damage regardless that they have more HP. I remove Ice harpoon and take Absolute Zero it is an pretty instant cast 0s (atk speed dep a tad) and has a 54s cd sure that is long cd but it's instant like you wish for and its a 6s stun if they already used RS. This is enough time to cast more cc or nuke them. I said ranger and sin definitely are not fun for Sorc at all the chance of beating them is very low but sin/ranger say that same thing about gladiator's. Maybe you are stuck in 5.8 and not using the newer tools to your advantage.

As far as SM maybe this is just something for me as I do not have advanced Flame Spray so I have advanced Repulsion field I swap out my summon rock for tornado for PvP and I have Cut Down as my 2nd. Curse of water/flame "insta cast" is also a 0s so its somewhat dependent on atk speed also possibly coming from playing a SM since back in 2.0 you can actually see the animation of the fear and buffer the repuslion field as the insta fear hits you and negate most if not all the damage they can do in the 4s of the fear with the 150k shield. They will probably try to chain but if they chain that's even longer you have the +2k mdef buff and I doubt they can kill you inside that if you are geared as well. That is 10s of fear chain 6s of which you have a shield going is not by any means you win now but helps counter the insta fear as they would only have one fear left which has a 2s cast time 5s duration as well and if they chain that as too that is even more time wasted on casting fear than actually trying to put some dps in.

There are ways to play around every matchup some are harder than others but I rather have people telling people how to possibly help than spouting nothing but negativity. Yes 7.7 is coming and we can all be happier about soon to come and much needed survivability buffs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this will help you I have for PvP Adv skills Glacial Shard, Manifest Tornado, Wind Cut Down, Storm Strike, Elemental Ward, Exchange Vitality, Absolute Zero, Arcane Thunderbolt, with a +13 Flame Spray. HP 80.527, P.def 15.135, M.def 16.570. This is full DT with PF 4 set and AoA rest all my armor/plume/bracelet is tuned HP/Crit/Def/Def. Accessories HP/Crit/Atk/Acc Weapon Cast/Atk/Crit/HP bottom Atk/Crit/Acc/HP. Maybe this will work for you as I have said in the past I am not an amazing Sorc just trying out the class for fun I am geared because I am bored and looted from my main with not much else to do until next week <- ^^ yay. So hope my setup can be helpful in some way

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...