Forums

Dream World

Pesadao-DN

I came here to leave my dissatisfaction with this last aion anniversary event, almost 1 month ago I was making materials in my 12 characters only in my main I made 608 coins, and 220 coins in each alt which gave me a total of 275 attempts and I didn't I got a final contract, there were people who closed the contract on the first day of the event, in short I lost several hours of 28 days for nothing

@Kibbelz

This was by far the worst event,because there was no middle term on rewards ...

either win a transformation or a bunch of nonsense crap - exp extractors,3 minimum,consumables and outdated accessories...

i was surprised to see how many people was in the dream world 24/7,making almost impossible to finish a dumb quest that rewards you nothing...

i was not expecting a transformation but it would be nice to put some different rewards like legendary stones or even daevanion marks...

in the end,95% of the playerbase just lost 30 days? in a boring place afk jumping lol

The Dream World was such a beautiful map, but I was disappointed that the fun music only played on the bridges, nothing displayed on the cinema screens, and the NPC vendors had so very little to offer. When I first read about the Fashion and Consumables merchants from other regions, I was excited! I was expecting a bunch of skins and useful items like stigma enchantments, daevanion essences, enchantment stones, gold bar food, and refinement stones. The fact that they only had one motion and one skin, and shards and basic food was really lame. The vending machine gambles were also pretty lackluster- the only good consolation prize was the stigma enchants, and everything else was pretty garbo. I get that that's the standard, and I didn't think everyone was gonna get Ulti transforms from the machine but come on, I think we all expect better from the anniversary and Christmas events in particular. The best part of the event was probably Ttakji, the tile minigame, since that actually required people to be active and competitive for a few minutes. And the unique motion is really cute, I am glad I invested in it at least.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with this post. It is sad that NcWest has left ultimate transformations largely in the hand of randomly low RNG. Players who knowingly busted their butts to grind anniversary coins on all 12 characters at that low chance of an ultimate contract either ended up with the prize or nothing at all. Yes you can say it is the players fault for wasting all that time grinding on a knowingly low chance , but at the same time it is sad to see big anniversary events not reward time and dedication any longer and instead reward only luck. They have now made the only guaranteed way to get an ultimate by grinding the crap out of abyssal splinter with all 12 characters everyday for 6 months and then waiting for a guaranteed ultimate event opportunity or by paying crap tons of money to get legendaries in a short amount of time to wait for an ultimate guarantee. They no longer reward reasonable dedication and playing within a reasonable time period. Grind the crap out of all characters for the anniversary only to end up with nothing. Oh well. Nothing new here. Legendary for life! :)

There were also some stigma enchantment stones, and  they seemed to have a higher success rate than the ones purchased with nightmare coins.   And those 'outdated accessories'  were huge upgrades for my alts that got them;  making them more viable for things like abyssal splinter or the weekly prestige quests for coins.   I did get one on my main toon that I used for socket stones.  Who would have thought those would be in short supply?  I used to give that crap away lol.    There were some useful items from the event, but if you didnt like those you could have done the shugo ranger instance and bought ancients to combine or finish collections.   With that being said,  I do not like how they changed nightmare coins.   A bundle was account tradeable and gave at least 10.   Now with only 5/day per toon it will take over 2 weeks for an alt to buy a stigma enchant stone.

5 hours ago, Haniya-DN said:

The fact that they only had one motion and one skin

I was very upset by this, and when I bought the skin was extra upset... on guys it's literally just the Hamerun transform colored white, not even a new unique skin. :(

Is it any surprise that the player base is continuing to dwindle? There were many people I played with that were waiting for a good event to have something interesting to do, what did we get? rubbish, complete and utter rubbish, an afk jump fest just to throw coins in a machine and get nothing. Now I have almost none of those people to play with because they lost interest. Content being recycled patch after patch, no new instances really and the grind isn't rewarding unless you get lucky or p2w, so why bother? No decent events, we can't even get skins to look good while we afk or more access to interesting emotes. It's so stupid that a lot of the old emotes and skins aren't available anymore in any manner either. So if you play vandal you probably will never have access to much of that ever again. The luna skins should be an account item, the emotes should be account. Skins that are armor type locked? fine, but my other characters should have access to it.

Yup, 4 accounts, 20+ toons shoveling coins into that machine daily - still no Ulti transform. 

65bWdVn.gif My RNG sucks and I'm exhausted.

-------------------------------------------------------

I did really enjoy having a neutral map where we could interact with the other faction again. Reminded me of the "old days" in Sarpan.

pQ5RVle.jpg

I'm also glad that you Pigeons waited until the last day to pull this crap...

eEnfRw3.jpg

This event was definitely a massive ball drop.  For 11 coins the machine should've always spit out something useful.  Like the Ultimate Potions was not a BAD IDEA but it was executed in such a stingy fashion that it was absolutely insulting.  It should've given 5-10 potions a pop, and at a more common drop.  Minium was not even a bad drop; but just the amount it gave out was SO worthless.  100 Minium would've been a lot less insulting.  Stigma enchants WERE nice but such a rare drop too.  The experience extractors was just crappy; the machine should've dispensed experience marks instead, that would've been okay, especially at 5-25 pieces at a time.  Legendary Contracts and Ancient contracts should've been in that machine as consolation prizes at very least for not getting that ulti.  No one would've been too pissed if they didn't get an ulti so long as they were decently compensated OTHERWISE for their efforts.  

The whole point of an Anniversary event is for the game and company to be GRACIOUS to your players, and ya'll bungled that to all hell.  You turned into a grind fest with all or nothing rewards, largely NOTHING for people who spent a lot of time on this event.  It's really crappy.  Ya'll are living here in the states and know we're still living in a different time than we did in 2019, lol, more people than ever have LOTS of time for video games because stuff is shut down, this is SUCH an opportunity for game markets to expand and recoup lost players and truly, there are not a lot of decent MMOs out there.  As terribly as the decisions made with Aion are, there is still a workable and fun game in there, but NCWest is largely the factor driving away players, not the actual game!  People want to play, but ya'lls management is so terrible, that it drives so many players away!  

I didn't lose a single day on this one, I quit trying the first day when elyos were always winning the pad game. I went to the Dream map like 4~5 times in total. I even forgot to give back my last 137 anniversary coins I would get by being online.

So much for an anniversary event that people didn't bother participating.

16 hours ago, Pesadao-DN said:

I came here to leave my dissatisfaction with this last aion anniversary event, almost 1 month ago I was making materials in my 12 characters only in my main I made 608 coins, and 220 coins in each alt which gave me a total of 275 attempts and I didn't I got a final contract, there were people who closed the contract on the first day of the event, in short I lost several hours of 28 days for nothing

@Kibbelz

Hahahahahahahahaahah i also did the same i even live it in my opening there is also nothing. so yeah this is a Ncshift event .. tried less than that actually but i knew by the 200th time my RNG is fked cause i rant and dishonored them in forum .. so avoid ranting in forum if you want to keep your RNG stable . i notice it when even enchanting normal ancient gear with ancient stone took 60pcs to +1-+5 it (No joke) . they are now worst than they are before but just shhh it :)

9 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Yup, 4 accounts, 20+ toons shoveling coins into that machine daily - still no Ulti transform. 

65bWdVn.gif My RNG sucks and I'm exhausted.

-------------------------------------------------------

I did really enjoy having a neutral map where we could interact with the other faction again. Reminded me of the "old days" in Sarpan.

pQ5RVle.jpg

eEnfRw3.jpg

whoever did the kisk thing is worried that everyone might get disappointed so he stopped the insanity 

19 hours ago, Watain-DN said:

This was by far the worst event,because there was no middle term on rewards ...

either win a transformation or a bunch of nonsense crap - exp extractors,3 minimum,consumables and outdated accessories...

i was surprised to see how many people was in the dream world 24/7,making almost impossible to finish a dumb quest that rewards you nothing...

i was not expecting a transformation but it would be nice to put some different rewards like legendary stones or even daevanion marks...

in the end,95% of the playerbase just lost 30 days? in a boring place afk jumping lol

TOP COMMENT GOD!

I have a video on youtube of me trying with 700+ coins and a 2nd video I am unsure if I will post that had me attempt over 1k coins... awful no ultimate and worse there was no middle grade rewards. Imagine if it was something so simple as deava essence, devionion skills maybe ancinet transforms???  

... NOPE pure rubbish

As for myself, I only played Dream Wirld quest during the first week or two of the event. I got very quickly tired of running there like a fool trying to pick items before the others or camping 10 min for a balloon only to see it snitched by someone else as soon as it appears. I only got a rare class reward once - and that was Ereshkigal potion. The only good thing of this event was 1 kinah returning and daily rewards for staying logged in.

I agree that the Vending machine should have given legendary contracts as well, so the ones that were unlucky with the ultimate one could at least get some legendaries to combine.

37 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

As for myself, I only played Dream Wirld quest during the first week or two of the event. I got very quickly tired of running there like a fool trying to pick items before the others or camping 10 min for a balloon only to see it snitched by someone else as soon as it appears. I only got a rare class reward once - and that was Ereshkigal potion. The only good thing of this event was 1 kinah returning and daily rewards for staying logged in.

I agree that the Vending machine should have given legendary contracts as well, so the ones that were unlucky with the ultimate one could at least get some legendaries to combine.

I got the potion too in some alt accounts. And it was garbage, a potion is literally useless, it should have been the easiest reward of all.

24 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I got the potion too in some alt accounts. And it was garbage, a potion is literally useless, it should have been the easiest reward of all.

Haha of course it is. I popped it on Lava Protector in IDD but we still got wiped because the rest of the group got stunned precisely at the moment a young protector appeared. And after, we tried again and killed the boss while I was using a regular transformation. So yeah an impact of just one potion is zero, unless you get a pack of them.

As someone who also spent a lot of time and effort collecting coins on my main and alts I feel very disappointed but not upset. I knew that there was high chance that I would get not ult transform but still wanted to try it.This event was bad from the start, why? Because the rest of the awards seem very underwhelming and totally not worth it.  You guys could have added more useful things like  a rank 4lv minions,ancient/legendary transformation contracts, exp marks instead of extractors etc.

Only like-able  thing about this event is the 1-kinah npc.

I feel sorry for everyone who tried their best and wasted alot of time on this crappy event!

Also why did you guys remove the corgi mount from event or was that something only to EU?

2 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

Because the rest of the awards seem very underwhelming and totally not worth it.

18 hours ago, Shavera-DN said:

For 11 coins the machine should've always spit out something useful. No one would've been too pissed if they didn't get an ulti so long as they were decently compensated OTHERWISE for their efforts.

This is really the key takeaway here. If you didn't get an ultimate transformation, but at least you got several other nice rewards, it would not have been irritating for many people. This event was very "all or nothing."

This definitely was a crap event. Look at what new event EU just got. Their rewards list is better than any of the rewards we got from events from the past 3 years. From selection of ultimate contracts, +15 ultimate Demaha weapon selection box, to vision weapons and pfhm acc boxes. We’re definitely getting bent over and getting screwed over. 

Personally for me I didn't "waste" any of the little time I spend on this game on the Anniversary "events" lol. First week on the anniversary I went to the machine to see what I would get and received 100 socketing stones, said "Nah" and only ran the instance 4 times for the duration of the event. I did no quests for extra coins nor did I bother to afk on my main or any alts. I am curious why people thought they would put Ancient or Legendary transformation contracts as a rewards seeing as how they have another event if you consume 12 Ancient or 2 Legendary transformations you will get a box that could possibly (highly doubt it will be) an ultimate contract box. Why would they give everyone that chance when it's clear from statements from them pertaining to transformations that they want you to pay for that. You think they are happy some p2w people complained about the last transformation contract and they were forced to get them an ultimate transformation??o.O

Archived