IDD Restarts My PC

Rag-DN

So just like the Title says, if I run IDD and it's a low dps group when Berritra gets to 50% HP my computer completely shuts down or restarts. Every time.... It's extremely annoying and I can't figure out why. I've monitored my GPU and Processor core temps closely along with the memory and CPU usage. My temps never go above 59 degrees C, my % used never exceeds 75%.

My build is:

• Windows 10 64 bit
  • Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4 GHz
  • 16 gigs of Ram
  • NVidia GeForce GTX 970
  • ATA Samsung SSD 850 500 gig

This is the only instance it does it in and it's extremely annoying especially since basically all my alts are missing the Ult Pants that drops from in there. I have tried reinstalling Aion, updating my graphics card, reinstalling my graphics card and drivers, changing the core priority level for Aion, updating and restarting my computer, reverting back to previous restore point on my pc. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Again I want to remind you, this is shutting down my entire PC, not just my client. Thank you

I don't have any advice regarding your computer issue, and that indeed sounds awful, but just wanted to make sure you realized that you can also get the pants in Benirunerk's Estate easy mode. So make sure you do those CDs each week. Good luck with your computer problem. Maybe someone else can help out with that.

2 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

So just like the Title says, if I run IDD and it's a low dps group when Berritra gets to 50% HP my computer completely shuts down or restarts. Every time.... It's extremely annoying and I can't figure out why. I've monitored my GPU and Processor core temps closely along with the memory and CPU usage. My temps never go above 59 degrees C, my % used never exceeds 75%.

Do you play with high graphics and/or skills for everyone etc? If yes, did you try to lower the settings?

It looks like the boss might do a specific skill after 50% or an effect applies that causes the collision. I really have no clue why this happens specifically at that point so my guess is that if you make the client minimal it might not cause that problem.

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

It looks like the boss might do a specific skill after 50% or an effect applies that causes the collision.

The only skill I can think of that MIGHT be a factor is Extinction Field -- the one that puts blue crap on the floor that you have to make sure you don't stand in or you'll get 1-shot if you aren't geared. For a low dps group, that would probably occur (for the first time) around 50%.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Do you play with high graphics and/or skills for everyone etc? If yes, did you try to lower the settings?

It looks like the boss might do a specific skill after 50% or an effect applies that causes the collision. I really have no clue why this happens specifically at that point so my guess is that if you make the client minimal it might not cause that problem.

I have tried turning all the settings down to low but it still happens. 

I'm really curious why it actually turns off my entire PC and not just lock up the game.

38 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

I have tried turning all the settings down to low but it still happens. 

I'm really curious why it actually turns off my entire PC and not just lock up the game.

Closing the pc is indeed weird, like it is something that kinda crashes your windows (unless it is not windows and then it might be the problem)

You probably already did it, but do a full repair on client.

Archived