Faction Imbalance/World Bosses In need of Fix and Balance

Khonsu-DN

@Kibbelz @Loki

This is an issue that has gotten out of hand. Farming World Bosses for Loot has become near impossible for the Asmodian Faction due to the overwhelming numbers of elyos that always show up and Asmodian players have largely given up trying to kill world bosses due to this. This has led to a massive imbalance of power due to the fact that a large number of elyos now have their paralyze weapons and dazzlings which further complicates the faction imbalance and inability of Asmodian to get world boss loot. This is a huge problem and needs to be fixed immediately as it is one of the causes Asmodian players are leaving the game. Here in NA we do not have the numbers like Korea and EU to make the current world boss loot system justifiable. Instead you have created a system that feeds an exclusive group of players, creating massive gear imbalance.

To solve this you need to either do some or all of the following:

• Fix World Bosses to allow the disadvantaged faction a buff similar to fort losses
  • Remove World Bosses to prevent further imbalance
  • Remove World Boss weapons to remove faction imbalance caused by exclusive gearing
  • Compensate the Asmodian faction with a balance by providing them the opportunity to obtain World Boss Loot to catch up to the Elyos
  • Please do your Job and Fix this broken World Boss system, it doesn't work for NA Aion

World bosses changing the row of the game exclusively is wrong by itself. I am not against their existence at all, I think they do add something more for this dead game, BUT it shouldn't be the only way to get Dazzling gemstones and higher runes or the weapons.

There has to be other ways to get every possible content in other means, even if it takes more time and effort. It should be possible, and please sans the RNG if they implement another way.

On DN:
6.2 - 6.5 > Asmos got more than 90% of Anomos Spawns (with the only good extend of the game, a big difference in pvp)
7.0 > Asmos got almost all WB spawns for a long time with DNA, Nod (Big Mistake and others names of the same Legion) and others big legions from DN A  (except Altar ticked spawn) 
7.2 > Almost all Red Katalam WB was Asmos KT and DN 
7.5 > Elyos finally get the control over WB spawn, and now NCsoft need to do something to that "unbalance"

Relax, in some patchs asmos will get the control again, some patchs later elyos will get it and so on...

49 minutes ago, vandalizando-DN said:

On DN:
6.2 - 6.5 > Asmos got more than 90% of Anomos Spawns (with the only good extend of the game, a big difference in pvp)
7.0 > Asmos got almost all WB spawns for a long time with DNA, Nod (Big Mistake and others names of the same Legion) and others big legions from DN A  (except Altar ticked spawn) 
7.2 > Almost all Red Katalam WB was Asmos KT and DN 
7.5 > Elyos finally get the control over WB spawn, and now NCsoft need to do something to that "unbalance"

Relax, in some patchs asmos will get the control again, some patchs later elyos will get it and so on...

DN-Asmodian side was always the ruling faction on the DN server. The thing is that in KT it was the opposite, when 6.2 came Elyos held the fortress for like 1 month until they finally brought the siege buff and elyos kept roaming around the map. Elyos kinda kept ruling the KT server since 6.+ and it was never a time where Asmodians had the super upper hand with the tiny exception of some times getting Anomos because of transforms turning tables, after all 1 transform was like 30 players. Even up to this date Elyos have entered Gelkmaros town and killed the big boss numerous times, while the Asmodians never did that. The Dream Land map was heavily dominated by elyos since day one, the very first week asmodians were never even able to get a single win and only the 2nd week did we get 1~2 wins because elyos were apparently sleeping.

The thing with shared maps is that now the KT faction imbalance is becoming interserver. DN-Asmodians were never "many" players, they were just more than Elyos-DN because elyos-DN were like non existent in numbers.

~~

The plea here is that bosses cannot be the game breakers in every aspect.This is what makes the game deserted, many fights also happen within the faction for who gets the world boss and who gets the loot. There is no other way to get Dazzlings and the WB-exclusive weapons and this is turning the game more dead.

I personally went to a few Anomos fights for the fun but I never in my life wanted to be part of the drama or the politics and the whining of who gets the weapon and who isn't accepted in which league etc.

Asmos got a lot of nerve. You guys were getting plenty before you guys had implosions on KT and DN. When Demaha first came back in 6.x the KT Elyos top legions banned together and farmed the 4 WB everyday for extendibles. We prob got over 150 kills easy and Asmos on KT maybe got 10. Then greed got the better of us and we disbanded our top legion and the Asmos under Fencer reigned supreme for a good bit of time. Katalam came out and KT asmos were still doing good until Fencer had his meltdown and the KT asmos lost their way. 7.0+ came out and KT/DN Elyos formed an alliance and KT/DN Asmos formed an alliance and there was some good back and forths and Asmos doing fairly well until more drama since KT Asmos don't have a leader or much direction and DN Asmos have major drama with the usual suspects xD.

My point is, Elyos had to put aside our differences and people who said they would NEVER play with certain people in the same legion again, swallowed their pride and realized that you can't succeed without working together. Asmos either do the same, or get left behind like what's been happening. 

Now, being a KT Elyos myself, I hope you busters NEVER get your shit together, suffer. Elyos is the race of heroes, while Asmos only chose it cuz their eyes glow and got cool flips, you don't really know what being a badass is.

Also, Asmos will succeed if they make their toons normal height and not look like giant asian chibi demon babies. If you think those look cute, you're a pedophile.

13 minutes ago, Malachyte-KT said:

Asmos got a lot of nerve. You guys were getting plenty before you guys had implosions on KT and DN. When Demaha first came back in 6.x the KT Elyos top legions banned together and farmed the 4 WB everyday for extendibles. We prob got over 150 kills easy and Asmos on KT maybe got 10. Then greed got the better of us and we disbanded our top legion and the Asmos under Fencer reigned supreme for a good bit of time. Katalam came out and KT asmos were still doing good until Fencer had his meltdown and the KT asmos lost their way. 7.0+ came out and KT/DN Elyos formed an alliance and KT/DN Asmos formed an alliance and there was some good back and forths and Asmos doing fairly well until more drama since KT Asmos don't have a leader or much direction and DN Asmos have major drama with the usual suspects xD.

My point is, Elyos had to put aside our differences and people who said they would NEVER play with certain people in the same legion again, swallowed their pride and realized that you can't succeed without working together. Asmos either do the same, or get left behind like what's been happening. 

Now, being a KT Elyos myself, I hope you busters NEVER get your shit together, suffer. Elyos is the race of heroes, while Asmos only chose it cuz their eyes glow and got cool flips, you don't really know what being a badass is.

Also, Asmos will succeed if they make their toons normal height and not look like giant asian chibi demon babies. If you think those look cute, you're a pedophile.

But Asmodians were always the underdogs in numbers, so whenever asmodians won it was because they were better, we never relied on numbers. I am happy you are happy that you are part of a zerg but that is a thing you can't brag about. It is like those legions that get into gelkmaros and they roam around in a full alliance, killing 1~2 people that are alone and then they jump on their dead bodies and write "???" as if they did somethign super.

Asmodians were the true heroes, it was the elyos who allowed the balaur to enter our common world and they destroyed it and then Asmodians got the hard part of the split and still survived.

And yes our eyes glow blood red.

best way to solve it..stuff like weapon's and accessories, you can leave them on world boss..also make them drop on last boss hard mode content..like pfhm sure people can sell  loot rights or use hacks to beat it..at least asmo faction can gear up and get the item's they need..this will kind of balance out things..this always the problem with faction base games..always being one side dominate when they have the majority..

aion will never be perfect to much damage done over the years,,but it can be made to be a fair game to some point..as i say in every post..koreans and americans are 2 different type of play styles and culture.. so putting the para weapons and other items on all the last bosses of hard mode instance will be a fair and smart way to solve the problem..

Asmos have numbers, they just don't all get along.

I've been told that DN-A gets roughly 60-80 asmos for their Veille kills (DN-E haven't killed Masterius). Even yesterday, one DN-A legion tried to do a world boss with 20 people. This isn't an issue about numbers, but an issue about your faction actually working together. 

But in a serious note, I think a good change for world boss would be: 

1. Keep Para Weapon / Dazzling as they are 
2. Make a box that everyone can loot that has a chance to give shining gem box, demaha box, paragon stone, or an ultimate stone. 

That way everyone participating gets something.

An asmos leader told me "sharing loot with 120 people is a pain," that's the Asmo issue. It sucks having that many people, but sharing loot with 120+ people is better then not getting loot at all. 

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

And that's just a quick search. There were definitely many more.

Yeah there were plenty. Like I said, however, the difference now is that Elyos are working together while Asmos are not. Asmos still dominate KT sieges pretty hard last time I went too. So it's really not a population issue, but a how fast can you form and burn the boss issue. 

31 minutes ago, Lion-DN said:

the difference now is that Elyos are working together while Asmos are not.

Can't argue there. Most of us who were in Nod back in 7.0-7.2 just don't give a shit anymore. We killed 3-4 world bosses every single day for months -- something which, at the time, took 30-60 minutes and we often had pvp at the same time. We're burnt out on that shit. Not to mention, we've all split. Some are still in Not Today, but now that legion is mostly comprised of people who weren't ever in Nod. Some are in Pure Punishment. The rest of us are scattered across other random legions. So yeah, we don't work together anymore, but again, most of us just don't care anymore. A few people in Pure Punishment still care enough to farm Anomos at 3:00am. Cool, they deserve the loot if they want to be awake at those ungodly hours when you have to work the next day.

BUT. The difference between now and 7.0-7.2 is that the world bosses are not server-specific. There's a difference between sharing loot with 80 people versus 160 people. If the bosses were server-specific again, we might see people working together a little better. There's just not a good reason to try to win world bosses when you have less than a 1% chance to win anything.

24 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Can't argue there. Most of us who were in Nod back in 7.0-7.2 just don't give a shit anymore. We killed 3-4 world bosses every single day for months -- something which, at the time, took 30-60 minutes and we often had pvp at the same time. We're burnt out on that shit. Not to mention, we've all split. Some are still in Not Today, but now that legion is mostly comprised of people who weren't ever in Nod. Some are in Pure Punishment. The rest of us are scattered across other random legions. So yeah, we don't work together anymore, but again, most of us just don't care anymore. A few people in Pure Punishment still care enough to farm Anomos at 3:00am. Cool, they deserve the loot if they want to be awake at those ungodly hours when you have to work the next day.

BUT. The difference between now and 7.0-7.2 is that the world bosses are not server-specific. There's a difference between sharing loot with 80 people versus 160 people. If the bosses were server-specific again, we might see people working together a little better. There's just not a good reason to try to win world bosses when you have less than a 1% chance to win anything.

It's just phases. Ups and downs. 

I'll admit that there's no way Elyos would probably get world bosses if it wasn't a cross server effort, because of inner faction drama on DN-E. But like you said, you're burnt out and the value of sharing loot with lots of people isn't appealing, but Elyos do it anyways. Then you have Pure Punishment that'll actually sit and camp Anomos, and more power to them, but most people honestly don't care as much. 

@Loki @Kibbelz offered some suggestions above on how to improve bosses. I hope you actually take them into considerations. 

@Kibbelz @Loki

Please have the NA producers/devs look into this issue. Thanks, it is a big imbalance that needs to be addressed. Either no one should have godstone weapons or they should be made more accessible to everybody to balance pvp. Having full legions of Elyos with Paralyze weapons has destroyed the integrity of PvP in Aion. Make ALL vision weapons accessible to everybody similar to Godstones being attainable by everybody back in the day so that pvp can be balanced.

On 10/15/2020 at 8:09 AM, Khonsu-DN said:

Farming World Bosses for Loot has become near impossible for the Asmodian Faction due to the overwhelming numbers of elyos that always show up and Asmodian players have largely given u

And to think an even larger number of us Elyos who also really want to parcipitate in getting some of that juicy loot are prohibited from doing so because COALITION

12 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

COALITION

Coalition was one of the reasons this game started dying and I am happy they removed it. The game is made so 1000 players participate on each faction or more, so even a league means not the whole faction can participate together in rewards.

Coalition = communist shit thrown into our faces, nobody likes to eat shit.

Archived