Forums

Overpowered lvl 10 Gear, Why?

Teenblade-KT

Hello,

This is my first time playing the game. I’m enjoying it a lot. I managed to get through the intro and came across a quest that gave me this amazing and beautiful armor for my warrior. It’s called the Fledgling Daeva set wearable at level 10. It boosted my stats tremendously. There are no mobs in the area that can kill me. They would actually die after 2 or 3 basic attacks. 

My question is, why is this gear available to players at 10? It’s way overpowered. It completely takes the challenging aspect of the game away. It’s looks awesome but makes me feel like I’m cheating. Anyway, I would really appreciate if someone can help me make sense of this. Thanks. 

First time that I see a new player complaining for these sets (there will be another OP gear at lv55). Both gears fully destroyed any purpose for doing instances on Fast Track Server, as you won't find any boss that gives better loot than that free gear. Also you can do almost every group instance alone, so no need to play with other players at all.

All the gears provided by the winged staff NPCs and even the PvP gear you could farm (< lv66) and buy, are now outdated. If you are looking for a challenging game, do you a favor and play something else, as Aion entirely relies on the stats of your gear. No personal skills involved (although many would obviously deny it).

It's good that a new player realizes how OP this gear is.

Most have no idea and just think they're OP themselves while they rush through leveling,
but then they get to 66+ content and suddenly they don't know what to do :'D 

I think they would better rework the lowbie content instead of making players power through it with too powerful gear.
It's fast to level alts indeed, but it's not fun at all and there's zero challenge and chance to improve skill.

I feel a large part of the reason this game is failing so badly is because literally anyone can reach endgame content within a short weeks time. This is suppose to be a heavily lore-based gamed with missions and campaigns designed to teach you as you level. Now that the player-base is actually encouraged to skip over the very basics of the game, we end up with lvl 60+ noobs running around and players that get bored with the content almost as soon as they get started.

13 hours ago, Teenblade-KT said:

Hello,

This is my first time playing the game. I’m enjoying it a lot. I managed to get through the intro and came across a quest that gave me this amazing and beautiful armor for my warrior. It’s called the Fledgling Daeva set wearable at level 10. It boosted my stats tremendously. There are no mobs in the area that can kill me. They would actually die after 2 or 3 basic attacks. 

My question is, why is this gear available to players at 10? It’s way overpowered. It completely takes the challenging aspect of the game away. It’s looks awesome but makes me feel like I’m cheating. Anyway, I would really appreciate if someone can help me make sense of this. Thanks. 

NCSoft is trying to rush you to end game content because that's where all the updates are being made. There's basically zero effort being put into early and mid-game content; if anything, it seems like they're trying to scratch out old content, what with the fast-track servers that killed early-level PvP, dark-blue quest system that purposefully censored out old world-building quests, and free mid-level eternal/mythic gear that puts rare drops from old world bosses to shame.

7 hours ago, Rinkusan-KT said:

NCSoft is trying to rush you to end game content because that's where all the updates are being made. There's basically zero effort being put into early and mid-game content; if anything, it seems like they're trying to scratch out old content, what with the fast-track servers that killed early-level PvP, dark-blue quest system that purposefully censored out old world-building quests, and free mid-level eternal/mythic gear that puts rare drops from old world bosses to shame.

All you said it's true... but now the real game starts at +66 this is were the 85% of the population is playing, even in FTS is hard to find ppl to run old instances, that leaded to you to lvl up doing quest only and reach lv 66 with a crappy ressurgent set wich is bad enough to fail an Adma run >_< leaving new players in a bad spot.

21 hours ago, Teenblade-KT said:

Hello,

Aion have a lot and beautiful content in the old maps, when i first met Aion in EU 3.0 i really enjoyed the more slow pace in low lvl, i think my happiest time aion was doing Miragent quest :D
if you want you can leave your Fledgling Daeva set in your warehouse, don't take any blue quest, and enjoy the game old school style, gear up with bronze, silver, gold, etc coins, explore the maps, or you will miss many things :P

I get that they are trying to rush you through content, but it's like some of you mentioned, it's an RPG; It's about the lore. I personally like getting into the story, doing the quests, understanding why my role plays an important part in the world. Rushing through it will bore me by the time i reach max level. I think it's also a slap in the face for the developers who spent a lot of time preparing the low level content. It's just something that many games are lacking now, a sense of investment. Anyway, I do like the game and enjoy the story so far. I'll be putting the nice gear away from now in some storage if it exists and take my time. Thanks for all the great comments guys. 

4 hours ago, Teenblade-KT said:

I get that they are trying to rush you through content, but it's like some of you mentioned, it's an RPG; It's about the lore. I personally like getting into the story, doing the quests, understanding why my role plays an important part in the world. Rushing through it will bore me by the time i reach max level. I think it's also a slap in the face for the developers who spent a lot of time preparing the low level content. It's just something that many games are lacking now, a sense of investment. Anyway, I do like the game and enjoy the story so far. I'll be putting the nice gear away from now in some storage if it exists and take my time. Thanks for all the great comments guys. 

If you want to RP. Then you can put the OP set in your bank and try to play without them. You still get other armors and weapons while leveling up.

On 10/21/2017 at 3:12 PM, Teenblade-KT said:

About the lore, sadly they removed many campaign quests, in order to let you level up faster. New players won't probably understand many things (Israphel, Lepharists - you see them around, but have no clue who they are... and so on). And for the devs: the early maps were more interesting, with many different quests, because the game was still b2p. When the game became f2p, devs started to become lazy, they focused only on the graphic since it's the main thing that players notice (the last 4 maps that they introduced are as beautiful as they are useless).

The problem with this super-fast level up, is that there are ALOT of players that start to do instances in group at lv66 for the first time. And when a cleric (or templar) never plays in group, you're not even able to complete a TS or DS at level 70... Some classes need practice, and if you play in solo (especially as avatar in FoO) you'll never improve.

It's a 7/8 year old game and not even the game developers expect actual new players. Whoever rolling a new character is highly probably an old player, so any pre-archdaeva contents are designed to be done in a rush. And I may say over half of the players ignored the lore and skipped all cut scenes. Aion DOES have a good lore/worldbuilding though, but you may not have access to the full story as a new player since the lore progresses with patches.

1 hour ago, Lumin-DN said:

THE MORE IMPORTANT QUESTION IS WHY CAN'T I USE THE LEVEL 10 GEAR'S SKINS?  WTB RESKINNABLE FLEDGLING DAEVONIAN PST PAYING MOOKIES.

Thissssssss! *o* Same goes for the Elite Fledgling 55 gear.

6 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

The problem with this super-fast level up, is that there are ALOT of players that start to do instances in group at lv66 for the first time. And when a cleric (or templar) never plays in group, you're not even able to complete a TS or DS at level 70... Some classes need practice, and if you play in solo (especially as avatar in FoO) you'll never improve.

Also thisssssss! Especially on the "utility player" classes which have multiple jobs to do -- chanter, songweaver etc. So many songweavers who won't restore mana to the cleric. (I'm a firm believer that other classes need to pop pots and restore their own mana via skills, etc, but songweavers should absolutely always help clerics with their mana.) Chanters who don't want to keep the cleric alive, pop "oh crap" skills when needed, switch out mantras as needed, etc.

I have always believed slow levelling doesnt make you good at your class. It just means that you will have to do more of the same. What if you are doing the same thing in the least efficient way possible in the first place? You will still level up, and still suck. On top of that, there is no skill required for turning in Coin quests. :P

The only thing that makes you good is high difficulty content, and that can be found endgame. The deal is, everyone will have to face it eventually, why does everyone have to face it as a low level?

44 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

<-leveled cleric back in 1.5 RIP my soul

<-still nyerking sucks at cleric

Back when we actually wore whites and had to grind mobs in order to make enough levels to be able to pick up quests at the next hub. 

get-off-my-lawn-gif-3.gif

Archived