Jump to content
Forums

Do not waste your money for hope to get Halloween trans


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Wondrous-KT said:

"I really don't get why other people are so worried about how I spend my own money.

Why are you so sure Aion will even be around for 8.x? 

..."

I´m not worried. I paid some money in Aion too. 

I just don´t get why somebody will pay for the chance of 1 item 10 times the value of a complete game. 


We thought Aion would never survive 6.X and yet here we are. They are making the game smaller (to need less people working on that) and adding gacha elements and other microtransactions to get easy money. If some people keeps paying for that, they will be here for Aion 20.X

Is your money. I just gave you other examples about why NCsoft is not like other companies. Here you pay for things that you may lose. And I know things are supposed to get outdated, slowly. I´m not talking about those. I mean "lose". 

Just an example. I paid prestige for me and my GF for 1 to 1.5 year just to get the unicorn (I paid it more time, but that time was for the mount). we both wanted that mount and was unique for that. We both got it, and a couple of months later they added the mounts in luna crafting menu and everyone got it for free and no effort. This kind of things happens in this game. Just 1 example. Maybe that wont happen with transformations. Nobody knows. 

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

If someone buys them and then complains then yes, but none of the people in this thread complained, they simply let people know what they got.

Everyone by now should know that opening contracts is a gamble against all odds. So they do it with their own will to spend the money to ease their game play.

Except for the one who created the thread and named it "Do not waste your money.... "  lol

In the other hand, I play Aion since 3.X. You are a veteran player too. We saw a lot of wrong things. We saw a lot of deceived people here. And some of the people playing now are new players. They have hopes and they are happy (lol). why you think is wrong to give them some information from the past? I dont care if somebody wants to take it as a personal attack. I paid myself some money in this game. I have not the autority to encourage people to be totally F2P if I wasn´t. But I can tell them what I saw. I can tell them why a lot of people left this game feeling scamed. 

Edited by Azzmaria-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Violeta-KT said:

gwR2KDw.png

Pull rate on the Halloween 66 type

I think that gives an idea of legendary drop rate from a regular contract, should be around 0.001%. So you will need to open 100k contracts for a reasonable chance of legendary. I doubt that even with daily contracts reward, the whole community can reach this value during the event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Just an example. I paid prestige for me and my GF for 1 to 1.5 year just to get the unicorn (I paid it more time, but that time was for the mount). we both wanted that mount and was unique for that. We both got it, and a couple of months later they added the mounts in luna crafting menu and everyone got it for free and no effort. This kind of things happens in this game. Just 1 example. Maybe that wont happen with transformations. Nobody knows. 

Aaaaaaaaah, it's all makes sense now.  You paid money for a shiny... then other people got access to the same shiny at a later date without paying the same amount of money you did.  

And this made your shiny less valuable in your eyes, because clearly part of your enjoyment of having the shiny was the fact that other people did not have the shiny.  Sad.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wondrous-KT said:

Aaaaaaaaah, it's all makes sense now.  You paid money for a shiny... then other people got access to the same shiny at a later date without paying the same amount of money you did.  

And this made your shiny less valuable in your eyes, because clearly part of your enjoyment of having the shiny was the fact that other people did not have the shiny.  Sad.

 

No you got it all wrong, Azzmaria meant that they got the unicorn the super hard way when they could wait and get it the free way like everyone because working hard to get it vs getting it for free was 1 month difference. also there is a sense of achievement having something that is hard earned, and when everyone later got it for free it kinda made their effort mutt.

It is like those poor unfortunate souls that got an Nvidia 2080Ti in summer of 2020 and early September we got announcements for the 3000 series where the 3070 is a better card of the 2080TI at 1/3 of the price while the 3090 costs as much as a 2080Ti and it is about 4 times better. You know the 2080Ti didn't suddenly "lose" its performance and quality but you can't help feel scammed when others will get a cheaper and better card. It is almost a joke to even mention you have a 2080TI now.

So yes it still matters how everyone else got their unicorn than them. I also got the unicorn from crafting it with luna and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the recipe.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wondrous-KT said:

Aaaaaaaaah, it's all makes sense now.  You paid money for a shiny... then other people got access to the same shiny at a later date without paying the same amount of money you did.  

And this made your shiny less valuable in your eyes, because clearly part of your enjoyment of having the shiny was the fact that other people did not have the shiny.  Sad.

 

is not that. 

16 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

No you got it all wrong, Azzmaria meant that they got the unicorn the super hard way when they could wait and get it the free way like everyone because working hard to get it vs getting it for free was 1 month difference. also there is a sense of achievement having something that is hard earned, and when everyone later got it for free it kinda made their effort mutt.

...

So yes it still matters how everyone else got their unicorn than them. I also got the unicorn from crafting it with luna and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got the recipe.

Is this. 

I know in some way if you read it fast is like is the same. But the point is not if everyone can have something. The point is when you make a huge effort and then the game change and becomes so easy (or nothing). After a couple of those, I learned that nothing in Aion is worth so much effort or money. If something is hard to get or so expensive, then you just need to wait and you will get it later in a easier way. My unicorn costed the prestige and a lot of time farming coins. Yet was nothing compared with the amount of time and money used by other people with other things. I was a BG on that time so I used that new thing to teach new players how to get mounts. Others just left. 

Of course not everything became free all the times. But for me... well... I was collecting stigma enchantments stones to do the hard way to get mines. Now... well... I will have them easier. ;)  (now you get me?) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen, you can always wait around for the BBD (bigger better deal) but you have no idea when or IF that is coming so you're going to be in a cycle of constantly waiting.  You can choose to be salty when you look back in hindsight, but it doesn't devalue what you currently have, it just makes it so there is something out there that is better.  Spend your money or don't ...IDC!  Just stop judging others who choose to.

 

Edited by Wondrous-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

The point is when you make a huge effort and then the game change and becomes so easy (or nothing).

Like reaching level 75 in 5.8 (I was 75 and 100%) and then people could get 1-80 in one day.

30 minutes ago, Wondrous-KT said:

You can always wait around for the BBD (bigger better deal) but you have no idea when or IF that is coming so you're going to be in a cycle of constantly waiting.

Personally this is what I do now, I was very active in 6.x patch but then in 7.x all my effort in pve got into the rubbish bin and if I did anything in 7.0 it would happen again in 7.5 a second time. So I skipped trying to get sovereigns and then it was given to us for free from FM doing it solo in 1 minute.

Same thing with gemstones, in 7.7 it will be like no big deal to make runes and gemstones +5, it will be entry level and getting it up to +20 will be possible. I also assume gemstones and runestones might end up easier accessible too. I am sure there will be an event that will give the best runes at some point and dazzling gemstones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 4:01 PM, Wondrous-KT said:

Welp, I wasted my money, lol... despite Sugarboo's ominous warning!  I knew/was prepared for it at least.

500 contracts, here are my results, ZERO legendary, 6 Ancient, the rest were whites and greens.

Out of the 5 legendary contract scrolls, one was Halloween themed.

 

Sounds about right. I play for free for a reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to admit it but whales are what is keeping this game alive. This company needs money or it shuts down the NA servers. Does it nerk me to see someone rise quickly, riding their credit card like a magic carpet? Yes. But complaining about someone being p2w/f2p seems to me like pure pettiness. Its their money to spend or not spend.  Know your probabilities /risk if you decide to spend and accept that is was your choice to do so. You solely own the outcome if you choose to gamble. You can't go to the casino and burn ur bank account then ask for some sort of change or compensation lol

Edited by HavocChordz-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I hate to admit it but whales are what is keeping this game alive. This company needs money or it shuts down the NA servers. Does it nerk me to see someone rise quickly, riding their credit card like a magic carpet? Yes. But complaining about someone being p2w/f2p seems to me like pure pettiness. Its their money to spend or not spend.  Know your probabilities /risk if you decide to spend and accept that is was your choice to do so. You solely own the outcome if you choose to gamble. You can't go to the casino and burn ur bank account then ask for some sort of change or compensation lol

so much salt over $400?  W o W

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I hate to admit it but whales are what is keeping this game alive. This company needs money or it shuts down the NA servers. Does it nerk me to see someone rise quickly, riding their credit card like a magic carpet? Yes. But complaining about someone being p2w/f2p seems to me like pure pettiness. Its their money to spend or not spend.  Know your probabilities /risk if you decide to spend and accept that is was your choice to do so. You solely own the outcome if you choose to gamble. You can't go to the casino and burn ur bank account then ask for some sort of change or compensation lol

Are you triggered?  Yes.

True, you do say complaining about p2progress is "pure pettiness" but your other insults regarding players paying money to the game are not as veiled as you think, lol.

So yes, I can read and yes I stand by my statement that you got a lot of salt flowing over $400 lol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that you took the time to underline portions of this. Read as a whole its a defense of both sides, saying ppl should own their choices, and a little humor sprinkled over it. The fact that you took its so seriously tells me you are just projecting your inner salt.

 

6e7.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, HavocChordz-KT said:

I hate to admit it but whales are what is keeping this game alive. This company needs money or it shuts down the NA servers. Does it nerk me to see someone rise quickly, riding their credit card like a magic carpet? Yes. But complaining about someone being p2w/f2p seems to me like pure pettiness. Its their money to spend or not spendKnow your probabilities /risk if you decide to spend and accept that is was your choice to do so. You solely own the outcome if you choose to gamble. You can't go to the casino and burn ur bank account then ask for some sort of change or compensation lol

 

On 3/11/2020 at 8:42 AM, Wondrous-KT said:

so much salt over $400?  W o W

It depends on what you prefer to read into this in bold. In short it kinda sucks that the game is almost unplayable in a single account f2p but fully advantaged if you have 10 accounts (or more) or if you spend money.

The game is not optimized to be "played" but rather paid for or milked in non convenient ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HavocChordz-KT said:

I love that you took the time to underline portions of this. Read as a whole its a defense of both sides, saying ppl should own their choices, and a little humor sprinkled over it. The fact that you took its so seriously tells me you are just projecting your inner salt.

My point was, it was not a defense of both sides.  It was a thinly veiled attempt to throw shade at the people who can afford to spend money on Aion, but you already knew that because you wrote it. lol  Saying it had "humor" thrown in is just your attempt to just save face and appear impartial because you got called on it.

And I still don't understand the people like yourself who spend time playing Aion but also refuse to spend money on the game, and then come to the forums to complain about anything Aion.  If you're so unhappy here then just quit already.  You are getting to enjoy something for free... What do you expect?  IT'S FREE.  The level of entitlement from some of the more vocal f2p community is beyond astounding.  The tools are in game as many have pointed out to progress to the same level as those who can afford to spend money on Aion, it just takes more time.  How is this not reasonable to you?  It sometimes seems like the greediest players are the ones who pay nothing, lol.

Some people will always have more money, or more time to spend on a game.  If you stop using other players progress to measure the success of your own and I think you will enjoy the game a lot more.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wondrous-KT said:

My point was, it was not a defense of both sides.  It was a thinly veiled attempt to throw shade at the people who can afford to spend money on Aion, but you already knew that because you wrote it. lol  Saying it had "humor" thrown in is just your attempt to just save face and appear impartial because you got called on it.

And I still don't understand the people like yourself who spend time playing Aion but also refuse to spend money on the game, and then come to the forums to complain about anything Aion.  If you're so unhappy here then just quit already.  You are getting to enjoy something for free... What do you expect?  IT'S FREE.  The level of entitlement from some of the more vocal f2p community is beyond astounding.  The tools are in game as many have pointed out to progress to the same level as those who can afford to spend money on Aion, it just takes more time.  How is this not reasonable to you?  It sometimes seems like the greediest players are the ones who pay nothing, lol.

Some people will always have more money, or more time to spend on a game.  If you stop using other players progress to measure the success of your own and I think you will enjoy the game a lot more.

 

Making assumptions makes you look extremely foolish. I maintain prestige and quite often spend on the events. Not nearly enough to make whale status but i make my contribution. Its toxic ignorant ppl such as yourself that help ncsoft ruin this game. You jumped the gun and now you look like a total idiot. Just stop digging

Link to post
Share on other sites

Resorting to name calling?  Wow, all right then.  

My point remains that you still are triggered by those who can afford to spend more than you.  Why?  I don't know, that is for you to figure out.

I still maintain my stance that if you stop using what others are able to do in game because they have more time or money than you, you will enjoy the game a lot more.

Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...