Forums

Pumpkin King’s Haunt Event Fail

Rag-DN

Seriously NCsoft you're limiting us to 10 Candy Blasts per day...and then according to players scouting Panda no "Candy Stations" even spawned...plus let's not forget about the whole fact that it only spawns between 18:00 – 23:00 Server Time, making it impossible for our EU friends that play here even if it did spawn like they're supposed to! 

Also making it take 7 blasts for Herelym Mines is just stupid...Eso's not much better! 

I look forward to the Halloween Event every year, it's always my favorite...but now after running just 3 instances I have to just sit in town twiddling my thumbs because I don't want to miss out on Pumpkin King kills because I don't have candies.... This is just dumb.... you guys really nyerked up again...seriously, do you guys even have a community manager or supervisor that looks at or thinks about these events before you release them? 

Oh and btw several people are reporting that the Pumpkin King is not spawning in Herelym Mines 100% of the time, and others are saying the Key on the BCM does not work for the locked contracts you get from the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle... also Why would you limit us to 1 key total...I mean I get giving us 1 key for free, but put other keys on the BCM, you'd make bank off of them and keep the player base happy....

Seriously... at this rate I just have 0 faith in NCwest to do any future events, you guys suck at it! 

3 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Seriously NCsoft you're limiting us to 10 Candy Blasts per day...and then according to players scouting Panda no "Candy Stations" even spawned...plus let's not forget about the whole fact that it only spawns between 18:00 – 23:00 Server Time, making it impossible for our EU friends that play here even if it did spawn like they're supposed to! 

Also making it take 7 blasts for Herelym Mines is just stupid...Eso's not much better! 

I look forward to the Halloween Event every year, it's always my favorite...but now after running just 3 instances I have to just sit in town twiddling my thumbs because I don't want to miss out on Pumpkin King kills because I don't have candies.... This is just dumb.... you guys really nyerked up again...seriously, do you guys even have a community manager or supervisor that looks at or thinks about these events before you release them? 

Oh and btw several people are reporting that the Pumpkin King is not spawning in Herelym Mines 100% of the time, and others are saying the Key on the BCM does not work for the locked contracts you get from the Gourmet Candy Galaxy Bundle... also Why would you limit us to 1 key total...I mean I get giving us 1 key for free, but put other keys on the BCM, you'd make bank off of them and keep the player base happy....

Seriously... at this rate I just have 0 faith in NCwest to do any future events, you guys suck at it! 

I did like 35 runs on HM today and I got 35x kings, not sure if others had a bug. I thankfully had 200+ candies from last year that I didn't participate at all.

Look at the "this week" (at one point the day changed so some AP were registered in the previous day).

I did all these runs today back on back with reset scrolls I had.

AGyXxTu.jpg

Also tip, use alts, they are the best way to use free candies. Take them with you to the event king and use his candies.

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I did like 35 runs on HM today and I got 35x kings, not sure if others had a bug. I thankfully had 200+ candies from last year that I didn't participate at all.

Look at the "this week" (at one point the day changed so some AP were registered in the previous day).

I did all these runs today back on back with reset scrolls I had.

AGyXxTu.jpg

Also tip, use alts, they are the best way to use free candies. Take them with you to the event king and use his candies.

This doesn't help new/returning players though. I'm honestly so angry at NCwest for screwing up this event, I been looking forward to it for months now.

30 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

This doesn't help new/returning players though. I'm honestly so angry at NCwest for screwing up this event, I been looking forward to it for months now.

Yes it doesn't, but if you have alts now they can take candies now too. Sad but true alts are the only way it seems

You don't need the Candy Stations, you get 10 candies a day for 28 days = 280 candies.

4 weekly resets without prestige:

Daily Esoterrace x 4 Candies = 112 Candies/28 Pumpkins

2 VT Weekly x 1 Candy = 8 Candies/8 Pumpkins

4 PFNM Weekly x 3 Candies = 48 Candies/16 Pumpkins

1 IDDNM Weekly x 3 Candies = 12 Candies/4 Pumpkins

4 SLEM Weekly x 3 Candies = 48 Candies/16 Pumpkins

Total = 228 Candies/72 Pumpkins

That is enough for the 35 Pumpkin Quest twice. Prestige and the weekly reset we get from the bugged server gives you even more room to play around.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

And how many candies are there in that thing?

You get 3 candy blasts from the rock/candy station. One candy station gives 9 candy blasts total. You click it once, it gives 3, and shrinks to a smaller rock. Then, you click it again, gives another 3, etc till it disappears after being clicked three times. Goes to the player who clicks first I believe.

And there is more than 1 station in Pandaemonium. I can't say for Gelkmaros/Ing because I haven't seen it yet.

6 minutes ago, Maika-DN said:

You get 3 candy blasts from the rock/candy station. One candy station gives 9 candy blasts total. You click it once, it gives 3, and shrinks to a smaller rock. Then, you click it again, gives another 3, etc till it disappears after being clicked three times. Goes to the player who clicks first I believe.

And there is more than 1 station in Pandaemonium. I can't say for Gelkmaros/Ing because I haven't seen it yet.

Defo not worth camping for one then.

50 minutes ago, Maika-DN said:

No wonder I only saw 1, they disappear in under a second because literally only 9 candies are inside. The most rocks I have seen in a region is 2. So, 18 candies for the entire community once every hour. How the hell did this happen? The rocks should be loot-able to every single player.

trick-or-treat-with-cheezburger-and-the-

I feel like NC Soft is thinking..."man these NA players cry about every event, they're never happy, blah blah blah"  but to that I say... fix your shite!  Can we get someone working on the events that you know, actually plays the game and understands what is going to work and what is an absolute clusternyerk.

You already took away the ability to earn the 22 contracts per day... based off sugarboo's 500 bought contracts (i know not an appropriate sample size but i think the majority of the player base would have similar results) 98% of the contracts were WHITE AND GREEN.  You really thought "oh my, 22 white/green contracts a day with less than a 2% chance to get an ancient" was too much phat lewts??  Even the 500 contract consumed promo prize (a choice of legendary and a random legendary) isn't overpowered in terms on prizes...  everyone has a legendary on their account at this point because of the pixel event.  If someone wants to play the game 3-8 hours and then stay logged in for another 22 hours total for 28 days... i'd say they earned/played the event enough to deserve 2 legendary contracts.  

And I know this will fall on deaf ears, but what is the deal with having to play 12 different characters to get any decent rewards out of the event?  If you are willing to give a single account 120 (prestige 12 char limit) or 80 (f2p account) candy blasts everyday... why not make them tradeable via the account warehouse?  Why this need to micro manage the amount of time spent on each character if said player wants to earn event prizes.  Why does it matter if 8 characters on 1 account each earn a top tier prize or 1 character on the account earns 8 prizes.  Just too much nyerk to the point where i don't even want the hassle of your stupid events because it makes me not like playing your game, and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone... 

Log your alts for 10 minutes to get their 10 candies per day. Note, I am NOT excusing any oversight on NCsoft's part. Just putting that out there as a way to get around it. Last night, our group took turns in AOA bringing in alts to use candies on the pumpkin. It doesn't have to be a super slow process either. For example, if you do all 3 AOA runs back to back, have 2 people come in on the first run and use 9 each of their alts' 10 candy blasts (total of 18) on the first run. Then on the 2nd run, 2 other people from the group do the same. 3rd run, same thing with the last 2 people. It's not quite as much switching around toons/running to the boss that way. Tedious, but it will help with the lack of candies if you aren't someone who has a bunch built up from previous years.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Log your alts for 10 minutes to get their 10 candies per day. Note, I am NOT excusing any oversight on NCsoft's part. Just putting that out there as a way to get around it. Last night, our group took turns in AOA bringing in alts to use candies on the pumpkin. It doesn't have to be a super slow process either. For example, if you do all 3 AOA runs back to back, have 2 people come in on the first run and use 9 each of their alts' 10 candy blasts (total of 18) on the first run. Then on the 2nd run, 2 other people from the group do the same. 3rd run, same thing with the last 2 people. It's not quite as much switching around toons/running to the boss that way. Tedious, but it will help with the lack of candies if you aren't someone who has a bunch built up from previous years.

Do you hear yourself? How overly complicated and time consuming this is? And what about the players that don't have time to play multiple toons and only have 1 character that's level 80 and has the Pre-reqs done to enter SC?  This event has been butchered. It literally should of been just a copy and paste event from a few years ago, which was a huge success btw, but somehow they managed to butcher it. 

Pixel event had horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE, rewards other than the Legendary Contract you could unlock once. The moons was a disaster that made players fight with each other and caused a ton of in-game drama. I know a few people that just gave up on the event and even a few that raged logged cause of the moon issue.

Now their doing that same mechanic with the Candy Stations. NCwest doesn't learn from their mistakes. They enjoy tormenting the players.All events are now P2W. F2P doesn't exist.

Halloween Event - Log in get 10 blasts. Run 3 instances..then log off for the day cause you don't want to loose out or screw other players over for the Pumpkin King kills... GG NCwest. You found a way to make players play less. Angry mothers against video games across the world applaud you!

This is the first time I ever logged in to post on the forums. This event has good rewards! But like others say, having to use your alts is lame. Some of us do not have geared alts or the time to run them. Make candy blast like Pine Needs at the end of last event, or give us 1 per hour for being logged in. Please?

33 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Do you hear yourself? How overly complicated and time consuming this is? And what about the players that don't have time to play multiple toons and only have 1 character that's level 80 and has the Pre-reqs done to enter SC?  This event has been butchered. It literally should of been just a copy and paste event from a few years ago, which was a huge success btw, but somehow they managed to butcher it. 

I did 35 quests in the first day by using alts exclusively in the grouped instances (except VT that I went with a 18-man alliance for convenience), it doesn't have to be complicated, I also did some resets with scrolls I bought from broker in some cases. But this is because I wanted it the first day and I couldn't bother to waste my time with this event further in the week. It is not that complicated.

23 minutes ago, lunaziz-DN said:

Halloween Event - Log in get 10 blasts. Run 3 instances..then log off for the day cause you don't want to loose out or screw other players over for the Pumpkin King kills... GG NCwest. You found a way to make players play less. Angry mothers against video games across the world applaud you!

How to you loose on others? With the existence of alts you can literally help your friends and everyone can be happy. It is not an excuse for the way ti is but thank goodness for alts.

20 minutes ago, Gomerbomb-DN said:

This is the first time I ever logged in to post on the forums. This event has good rewards! But like others say, having to use your alts is lame. Some of us do not have geared alts or the time to run them. Make candy blast like Pine Needs at the end of last event, or give us 1 per hour for being logged in. Please?

Yes relying on alts is lame, but since it works we can be happy. I wish it was alt friendly for the pine needles as well, the first week it was hell, then they allowed us to get 10x per day from BCM for free and it got fixed but the event was nothing but logging in and getting the free things. If it works for us we can be happy.

9 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I did 35 quests in the first day by using alts exclusively in the grouped instances (except VT that I went with a 18-man alliance for convenience), it doesn't have to be complicated, I also did some resets with scrolls I bought from broker in some cases. But this is because I wanted it the first day and I couldn't bother to waste my time with this event further in the week. It is not that complicated.

I wish I had friends that were willing to sit and wait for me to swap between alts run to the instance, run to the pumpkin, then swap back to my main to run back to the pumpkin again without looting it. I see your point, and in theory it's possible...but you need to find players willing to wait for ppl to swap back n forth between toons and NOT loot the pumpkin until you are back. In this community with the current impatient pugs, I don't see this as doable for most players. Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

I wish I had friends that were willing to sit and wait for me to swap between alts run to the instance, run to the pumpkin, then swap back to my main to run back to the pumpkin again without looting it. I see your point, and in theory it's possible...but you need to find players willing to wait for ppl to swap back n forth between toons and NOT loot the pumpkin until you are back. In this community with the current impatient pugs, I don't see this as doable for most players. Just saying.

You cannot get an alt of your account, use it and then log your main and go to pumpkin king and loot it, you need dual boxing and alt account (not just alt characters in the same account). Only the people present in the group of the killing of the pumpkin king can loot it.

Every time I see someone about lack of alts I am about to provide help but you guys are all in DN server so I can't help at all.

Of course this is irrelevant to the topic but my advice to you is: invest in a second account at some point, the benefits long term are insane. No need to gear anything, just risiel will do.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You cannot get an alt of your account, use it and then log your main and go to pumpkin king and loot it, you need dual boxing and alt account (not just alt characters). Only the people present in the group of the killing of the pumpkin king can loot it.

Every time I see someone about lack of alts I am about to help but you guys are all in DN server so I can't.

Of course this is irrelevant to the topic but my advice to you is: invest in a second account at some point, the benefits long term are insane. No need to gear anything, just risiel will do.

Thanks for the advice... now the problem is a lot of players are having trouble running 2 clients with the new launcher. Also again, this shouldn't be this complicated. I remember last time we had this event we just got 1 candy blast for every hour we were logged in and the candy stations spawned all day long throughout the main maps. I just don't get why NCsoft had to nerf this event to the ground so badly. It's a fun and nice event. Thanks though

3 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

Thanks for the advice... now the problem is a lot of players are having trouble running 2 clients with the new launcher. Also again, this shouldn't be this complicated. I remember last time we had this event we just got 1 candy blast for every hour we were logged in and the candy stations spawned all day long throughout the main maps. I just don't get why NCsoft had to nerf this event to the ground so badly. It's a fun and nice event. Thanks though

Agreed, it is a hustle, they should at least give a quest or reward candies in the end of instances. I mean if alts can do it for free then actual players shouldn't find it obsolete to play the game for candies.

The last resort is to get a few players that can't do dual box and do not have alt accounts and tell them that they should help you with their main account alts, and you will help them with your main account alts. This is literally the last resort of doing everything two times to help each other.

DN server's lack of players is shining in times like this. In KT-A nobody has this issue, I already used my alts for groups I was in exclusively. I told them not to use any of their candies and I had alts that had like 100~200 candies from previous years.

I can't think of anything else really.

They should just get rid of those candy stations right now because this is even more ridiculous and absurd than the pine moon fiasco. How is it possible they put two events back-to-back with the same flaw? I agree with Gomerbomb: give us a free candy blast every hour we are logged in and stop making us fight over stupid mobs!

3 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

They should just get rid of those candy stations right now because this is even more ridiculous and absurd than the pine moon fiasco. How is it possible they put two events back-to-back with the same flaw? I agree with Gomerbomb: give us a free candy blast every hour we are logged in and stop making us fight over stupid mobs!

Give 10x the first 5 minutes and 1x every hour you mean, otherwise people will be mad if they have to be online for 10 hours to get their 10 candies :D

I assume after this problem they will give people more candies the next week or they will give people free candies in BCM like they did with pine needles.

LFG is dead on DN asmo server last night and today. Players are too scared to PUG runs because they don't want to waste candies so everyone is waiting and hoping for enough friends to be online at the same time to run things with ppl they trust so no one misses out on the Event. Ncwest, this is stupid! You're literally making people not play your game with this disaster. Fix it. FIX IT NOW!

@Loki @Kibbelz

2 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

And I said....

3 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Note, I am NOT excusing any oversight on NCsoft's part. Just putting that out there as a way to get around it.

I agree that it's complicated and ridiculous. But it's what's available to us.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You cannot get an alt of your account, use it and then log your main and go to pumpkin king and loot it, you need dual boxing and alt account (not just alt characters in the same account)

Actually you can do it on the same account! We did it last night. You just leave group on your main toon, go to character screen and switch to your alt. Then you enter the instance, use your pumpkins, then leave group again. Re-log your main, re-join group, and re-enter the instance. Throughout this, someone in your group will be auto-attacking the pumpkin to keep it from resetting. Once you get back to the boss, then someone (or you) uses 1 last candy blast to actually kill the pumpkin. You will all get the loot.

Archived