Aion Classic coming 11/11 in Korea

Pharoahra-DN

9 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Everyone know that the thing that killed Aion before it went F2P wasn't hardness or sub base but it was ganking twink in low levels.

That was in NA. KR was still going strong way past 3.X release compared to NA.

It is also about must more than simply ganking. A living breathing world had conflict and that conflict in Aion was the players. w/o the player conflict you have a PvE snooze fest in a game that has easier content than rune scape. Players make Aion what it is and if players do not participate then it is garbage. That is how PvPvE games are.

The protection was provided by the faction leaders that needed your support to keep the fortress so they got more medals to hand out to guild/others that help them take a fortress. I think many forget what it was like back then. There was never a time where a level 50 did not come help me if i asked for help in open world due to twinkies ganking me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Ok let's talk about version 1.2 a bit more ;o

Everyone know that the thing that killed Aion before it went F2P wasn't hardness or sub base but it was ganking twink in low levels.
Sure the game is now old so everyone must get better and have more knowledge about it right ? That wasn't true either I'm playing in a secret server that we can't name people still bad at it they hiding themselves in instances or leech or safe zone with exp amulet.

Ganking will be back and we have to deal with it seriously whatever adding OP guards that can doom lure or NPCs that spam root on enemy players.
Sorry for anyone who wanted to low level pvp but you're historically killed Aion and led Aion to this way and ultimately 6.0.(I don't even considered low level pvp is fair since you took advantage over new players without any game knowledge and keep killing them over and over)

But doesn't mean I want a completely safe zone either but I want some form of protection like after you killed someone your victim got a protection against all pvp/cc damage for 30 mins.

Anyway ganking at low level must be deal with or classic server (1.2) won't survived.

Twinking was indeed a cancer that was thankfully fixed later by adding FT so twinks could only play against other twinks, but twinks never wanted that, otehrwise twinking would have never died.

Plenty of people left aion because they couldn't even level due to over-geared twinks killing them when they were in green or white gear trying to do quests or XP.

11 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

That was in NA. KR was still going strong way past 3.X release compared to NA.

It is also about must more than simply ganking. A living breathing world had conflict and that conflict in Aion was the players. w/o the player conflict you have a PvE snooze fest in a game that has easier content than rune scape. Players make Aion what it is and if players do not participate then it is garbage. That is how PvPvE games are.

The protection was provided by the faction leaders that needed your support to keep the fortress so they got more medals to hand out to guild/others that help them take a fortress. I think many forget what it was like back then. There was never a time where a level 50 did not come help me if i asked for help in open world due to twinkies ganking me.

Damn the old Aion politics, garbage times to play Aion indeed. People licking the dirty toe of a leader just so they can belong to the cool team. People deciding who to give the fortress in order not to nyerk off people. Leaders of small legions were trying to establish their existence and demand a fortress to be handed to them as well.

Twinking wasn't the only reason Aion was bad, but it was one of the reasons. When I was end game I spent time in low level maps making sure low level people would be able to level and I remember twinks thought it was a general unwritten rule that if you see a pink enemy you do not hit him, even worse twink idiots came to forums to complain about a level 9+ enemy killing them in the enemy map, demanding bans lol. Others said that high level players protecting low levelers were killing the game because they didn't let twinks have fun 1~2 shooting lowbies.

Great time to play Aion -> not.

Old school Aion was garbage and not optimized, like opening pouches one by one by hand. The thing that killed Aion was 6.0 destruction. Everything else was fixable.

Alternatively we can make twinking impossible for make the quest that rewards from pvp kills level them :D

Or anything that if you stop leveling for too long you won't lose exp from dying anymore, there're many ways to discourage twinking ;)
Or if you killing enemy faction players there's a chance that elite enemy NPCs will respawn at you how strong and how many of them depend on your rank.

Sure it's fun to do some low level pvp but not forever.

At least I wish crucible insignia can tradable in classic but oh well it seems direct port :|

16 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Twinking was indeed a cancer that was thankfully fixed later by adding FT so twinks could only play against other twinks, but twinks never wanted that, otehrwise twinking would have never died.

Plenty of people left aion because they couldn't even level due to over-geared twinks killing them when they were in green or white gear trying to do quests or XP.

Damn the old Aion politics, garbage times to play Aion indeed. People licking the dirty toe of a leader just so they can belong to the cool team. People deciding who to give the fortress in order not to nyerk people.

Twinking wasn't the only reason Aion was bad, but it was one of the reasons. When I was end game I spent time in low level maps making sure low level people would be able to level and I remember twinks thought it was a general unwritten rule that if you see a pink enemy you do not hit him, even worse twink idiots came to forums to complain about a 9+ enemy killing them in the enemy map, demanding bans lol. Others said that high level players protecting low levelers were killing the game because they didn't let twinks have fun 1~2 shooting lowbies.

Great time to play Aion -> not.

Old school Aion was garbage and not optimized, like opening pouches one by one by hand. The thing that killed Aion was 6.0 destruction. Everything else was fixable.

Twinking died when the fast track servers came out. When level 30/40 twinking died people moved on to 45(huge for chanters since their extendy was from aloquina world boss which was 43 or something i think). It was about staying a pinky while others were max level. You still saw plenty of twinks right up till the fast track servers came out.

Also i think you forget how siege worked back in 1.X. The limited amount of medals meant leaders had to suck up to the faction or lose everything to the other faction. There were plenty of sieges where people got 0 medals due to the amount of numbers showing up to siege. Leaders of 1.X sucked up to the players not the other way around. This is what caused the biggest faction imbalances between factions where they had no clear leader. There was the exception where X or Y server had like 3-400 extra players over one faction but that was not every faction. Many factions fell apart because they had to many people who thought they were better leaders instead of doing what other servers did and work together and divided up the loot accordingly.

There are the QoL changes that i genuinely believe people will quit over if classic comes out here because they really do make the game better in every way. Like you said pouch opening and like someone else said with the manastone socketing and so on. Free pets that buff/loot you and all that. 

5.X was the Aion killer it is what forced the developers to create 6.0. There was nothing salvageable from early 5.X and late 5.X just added salt on the wound with +stupidity levels on gear. It was the I know lets add 100s of events to make people keep logging in and get free items because we do not want to add the items to our game as that would make the big spenders spend less. It was no longer a game by that point it was a meme.

To me twinking/rifting is the only reason i played Aion for so long. Hell i was never a twink i was just a guy leveling up after work getting my nights plan of grinding elites turn in to an all out war for territory in our own back yard. It was great fun. I guess because i am someone who has always had the ability to rally numbers to overwhelm twinkies/geared players. I can understand from a solo players PoV why someone would hate twinks so much but at the end of the day it is a faction v faction game and they are choosing as a solo player to opt out.

Does this mean i think Classic will be amazing and it should come to NA? Maybe but right now there is no where near enough support for it. It would be a detriment to the region to bring another server out that no one would play.

I believed the plan after 2.7 (according to EU translation of Korea plan) depends on aion classic performance.

They might abandon current version and redevelop everything sure the money is not comparable to mobile games counterpart but no PC games can get same money as mobile.
Eventually housing and graphics improvement(that happened in 5.x) will happens on classic if aion classic runs well I'm not sure about sarpan/tiamaruntra tho because those maps are nothing but basically massive dailies :/ (I don't like dailies at all to be honest) they might not including sarpan/tiamaruntra but instances and gears they might included in another map with another tokens.Eye just a bad place where you can't run to anywhere it's just a circle room @_@

But the most important thing is I want them to give everybody an option to do things they like not forcing everyone to do certain thing only like pvp,pve or crafting everyone should be able to make money and gearing up from whatever pve,pvp or crafting or even housing. If they insist they want low level pvp in there unchange then at least I want the map have safe time like sarpan/tiamaruntra it doesn't need to be pvp zone all time at least give an option for people to level.And lastly the crafting gears shouldn't be outperformance by instance gears greatly because it's not easy to craft them too.

The best game is the game that offering what everyone wants not what developers want them to play certain ways to boost their sale from shop.

15 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Well just in case nobody noticed,they removed all videos related to 7.7 updates and only classic videos remains now ;)

I won't say anything but it should tell everyone the future of 7.7 version.
Just in case anyone wondering about graphics there's no updated graphics or anything I can assuming this is purely classic port without altering anything.

NCwest should unlock every transformation for everyone to sent off bad nightmare but we all know they just won't do that ;P

I only hope they will redesign AT class(brawler or anything but not stupid robot) and let everyone have 19% attack speed instead capping it at 15% or 9% cast speed.
But ofc they can have all skins from future version into classic but don't hope too high for NC xD

errr??????

They're not removing the live servers.
People forget NCsoft already made a "classic" server before, it was the Master Server, except that they kept the last class/skill balance for the 5.x patch at that time.

As a player that experienced 1.x I thnik these earlier patches are overrated. I don't miss this part of the game, except for the maps.

9 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Ok let's talk about version 1.2 a bit more ;o

Sure the game is now old so everyone must get better and have more knowledge about it right ? That wasn't true either I'm playing in a secret server that we can't name people still bad at it they hiding themselves in instances or leech or safe zone with exp amulet.

Ganking will be back and we have to deal with it seriously whatever adding OP guards that can doom lure or NPCs that spam root on enemy players.
Sorry for anyone who wanted to low level pvp but you're historically killed Aion and led Aion to this way and ultimately 6.0.(I don't even considered low level pvp is fair since you took advantage over new players without any game knowledge and keep killing them over and over)

But doesn't mean I want a completely safe zone either but I want some form of protection like after you killed someone your victim got a protection against all pvp/cc damage for 30 mins.

Anyway ganking at low level must be deal with or classic server (1.2) won't survived.

do you really think Classic Servers will ever debut in NA? oh boy
Master Servers never made their way to overseas. 

I highly doubt this will come to NA...

NA is terrible with anything Classic AION, we can base it off the random private servers that pop-up. They are super popular for like a month max then it usually is on a timer when it closes down. And who is going to support it? The 3 and a half people working in support for NCwest?

Sorry to be the downer here, but, AION for NA will never be like it was back then... Time to deal with whatever NCwest has planned for us.

I liked the week on/week off rift buffs they did to counter twinks some time in 2.X. It gave players time to level without dealing with getting 2-shot every time they went 2m away from guards.

I leveled in the Abyss from 35-45 pre-1.9 because I got ganked less there than I did in Morheim/Beluslan...and leveled faster than I did doing 30-35.

So, yeah, I don't have fond memories of rifting and knew of too many people who quit because of it.

Also, dang, those graphics.

Still holding out hope that we'll get something, anything between 2.7 - 4.7. Yes we don't have the population for it as things are now, and maybe it might not survive very long, but players left in droves between 4.8 and on wards to where we are now. Maybe, just maybe, it might breathe some life into the game as it was once beloved. Worst case scenario it fails and they just shut it down again. Those private servers just feel like a pale imitation.

This Aion classic is pay to play. Pay to sign up, its old patch, old model. This would cause so many problems in NA. Main thing is population, we lack the people to make it happen and lets say it does happen. What happen to the main retail server which already has low population? I can only see it killing all of the NA server. Retail killed by people leaving, then classic dying when there isn't enough income made, with retail completely crashing, from just the small amount of players paying the sub fee on classic or we get like master server and they start charging for stuff like crazy on the bcm which also ruins Classic. Classic is cool and I am happy that its starting from the beginning but its a lot of grind NA population doesn't like so people come back for nostalgia like the private server then it wears off like all the private servers in the meantime retail burning because it lacks the people needed because people are having to grind like crazy to even get to 50 on Classic. Works in KR not in NA sorry I think there are tons of archived posts talking about how it wont work in NA

15 hours ago, Nalariel-KT said:

I believed the plan after 2.7 (according to EU translation of Korea plan) depends on aion classic performance.

They might abandon current version and redevelop everything sure the money is not comparable to mobile games counterpart but no PC games can get same money as mobile.
Eventually housing and graphics improvement(that happened in 5.x) will happens on classic if aion classic runs well I'm not sure about sarpan/tiamaruntra tho because those maps are nothing but basically massive dailies :/ (I don't like dailies at all to be honest) they might not including sarpan/tiamaruntra but instances and gears they might included in another map with another tokens.Eye just a bad place where you can't run to anywhere it's just a circle room @_@

But the most important thing is I want them to give everybody an option to do things they like not forcing everyone to do certain thing only like pvp,pve or crafting everyone should be able to make money and gearing up from whatever pve,pvp or crafting or even housing. If they insist they want low level pvp in there unchange then at least I want the map have safe time like sarpan/tiamaruntra it doesn't need to be pvp zone all time at least give an option for people to level.And lastly the crafting gears shouldn't be outperformance by instance gears greatly because it's not easy to craft them too.

The best game is the game that offering what everyone wants not what developers want them to play certain ways to boost their sale from shop.

Making a classic server of anything isn't sustainable, it will die and close due to lack of updates.

The thing is, Aion doesn't get new content. We know that. We get the same instances and old maps recycled over and over. New patch? Welp, use an old instance and just give it a "hard mode" option! The classic server in KR is just another last-ditch effort to get some money out of Aion before it closes (or goes into maintenance mode) upon the arrival of Aion 2 (mobile).

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

The thing is, Aion doesn't get new content. We know that. We get the same instances and old maps recycled over and over. New patch? Welp, use an old instance and just give it a "hard mode" option! The classic server in KR is just another last-ditch effort to get some money out of Aion before it closes (or goes into maintenance mode) upon the arrival of Aion 2 (mobile).

I was talking about this with someone i think on the 12th week of their 12 week anniversary thing they are doing they will announce A2's release date. However you have to also understand that they are planning to commit to the classic servers all the way through from 1.2>2.7 That was close to 2? or was it closer to 3 years of updates for the NA region? 

The problem is with NCsoft here tho, Unlike blizzard if Aion classic is successful NCsoft will fail to understand why it was successful. Even if it is for only 1-2 months every update they do. NCsoft need to come to the realization that some features of the older style of game just exceeds current Aion in every way. Everyone who reads the forums know i bring up BDO far more than i should but it is the fact that BDO is making the game features 100% playable but also payable that the game is still going strong. NCsoft need to come to the realization that features with-in the game is what makes people come back for classic servers. They need to use that 1-2 months to identify the systems and re-implement them back in to retail like Blizzard are going to do.

Unfortunately we know what NCsoft are like due to their prosperous mobile sector so the chances of them listening to the PC community even in their own region is slim to none.

The features i am talking about are things like items that actually sell for a decent amount of kinah that are not also needed by players for progression so people can actively do stuff in the open world, Trading player to player, Personal shops to avoid the kinah sink, Crafting, Enchanting stones from extracting i could go on and on but there are features of today that also far out exceed what they were in classic. Manastone system being one of the biggest features. I have said this so many time Aion of today lacks play-able features for progression. It feels like you are just going through the motions in a game you enjoyed to eventually be around for good events that help you rapidly progress. 

21 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The problem is with NCsoft here tho, Unlike blizzard if Aion classic is successful NCsoft will fail to understand why it was successful. Even if it is for only 1-2 months every update they do. NCsoft need to come to the realization that some features of the older style of game just exceeds current Aion in every way. Everyone who reads the forums know i bring up BDO far more than i should but it is the fact that BDO is making the game features 100% playable but also payable that the game is still going strong. NCsoft need to come to the realization that features with-in the game is what makes people come back for classic servers. They need to use that 1-2 months to identify the systems and re-implement them back in to retail like Blizzard are going to do.

Unfortunately we know what NCsoft are like due to their prosperous mobile sector so the chances of them listening to the PC community even in their own region is slim to none.

In KR Aion does better than BDO and it has a higher playerbase(not saying that much) but maybe in other regions its different. There really isn't a good pc mmo most of the more funded well managed games are now mobile titles. There are many features on the Korean server that are not in NA some coming are soon and some are apart of the cash shop in a more affordable way(kinda if you compare to NA). It is far from perfect in Korea but they do actively listen to their community more so than other regions so if you don't have an account and search through their forums and all the post they make all the time you would not know this. 

Being honest the market in Korea looks like it going to "maintenance mode" on PC mmo's and mobile is where they are relocating all their resources to

24 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

In KR Aion does better than BDO and it has a higher playerbase(not saying that much) but maybe in other regions its different. There really isn't a good pc mmo most of the more funded well managed games are now mobile titles. There are many features on the Korean server that are not in NA some coming are soon and some are apart of the cash shop in a more affordable way(kinda if you compare to NA). It is far from perfect in Korea but they do actively listen to their community more so than other regions so if you don't have an account and search through their forums and all the post they make all the time you would not know this. 

Being honest the market in Korea looks like it going to "maintenance mode" on PC mmo's and mobile is where they are relocating all their resources to

Considering BDO had one of their best years in 2019 in KR NA and EU i find that hard to believe. Especially since Aion is not gaining YoY it is following its downwards spiral. Unless something recently changed in the past 6 months that i am unaware of/have not checked out since i have not really been keeping up to date with Aion during mid/now 2020.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

This Aion classic is pay to play. Pay to sign up, its old patch, old model. This would cause so many problems in NA. Main thing is population, we lack the people to make it happen and lets say it does happen. What happen to the main retail server which already has low population? I can only see it killing all of the NA server. Retail killed by people leaving, then classic dying when there isn't enough income made, with retail completely crashing, from just the small amount of players paying the sub fee on classic or we get like master server and they start charging for stuff like crazy on the bcm which also ruins Classic. Classic is cool and I am happy that its starting from the beginning but its a lot of grind NA population doesn't like so people come back for nostalgia like the private server then it wears off like all the private servers in the meantime retail burning because it lacks the people needed because people are having to grind like crazy to even get to 50 on Classic. Works in KR not in NA sorry I think there are tons of archived posts talking about how it wont work in NA

Then WE start recruiting players for it.   And WE make it work.   More importantly we need a bot killer.   I do not want to deal with Kinah sellers and their bots..

On 10/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

This Aion classic is pay to play. Pay to sign up, its old patch, old model. This would cause so many problems in NA. Main thing is population, we lack the people to make it happen...

This was my first thought as well. Our population is so drastically low right now that if they opened a classic server you might as well sign Aion's death certificate here in NA. Everyone would be flocking to that server like crazy and the existing servers would suffer dramatically. Not to mention, we all know how poorly NCWest handles multi-tasking. Let's not give them another server to try and maintain. ?

19 minutes ago, Bittena-DN said:

Then WE start recruiting players for it.   And WE make it work.   More importantly we need a bot killer.   I do not want to deal with Kinah sellers and their bots..

There are not enough players in NA even if there were the money generated for NA is from retail not classic even if they hold true that the cash shop is only for skins, pets, candies, gender/plastic ticket etc like old times. The sub fee alone with not even be close to equal the main server and even if 15% of the main server goes to classic it will have a big impact on retail server and the income that comes from it. Our server already has issues with the small team it has it takes a few hours to fix things we know happen every week. The classic server will be even more frustrating for us and more difficult for them. Classic server runs separate from retail Aion so most likely it will need its own team to work on it. Big changes would have to happen before it becomes a thing even if you look at WoW classic servers then scale it down massively for Aion the money doesn't look to be there long term sadly, and the negative repercussion on the main server don't seem to outweigh the risks currently. There would have to be serious planning but its probably not anytime soon so its best to see how it works in Korea that will have the biggest indication on how it will do elsewhere.

I would send the SS but I am too lazy and I am on my phone but Aion Classic is its own stand alone in the launcher its not as simple as another server you have to download the game separately thus this would need its own team of people to manage it

On 10/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Considering BDO had one of their best years in 2019 in KR NA and EU i find that hard to believe. Especially since Aion is not gaining YoY it is following its downwards spiral. Unless something recently changed in the past 6 months that i am unaware of/have not checked out since i have not really been keeping up to date with Aion during mid/now 2020.

The numbers as far as revenue generated and playerbase for Aion and BDO in Korea are pretty much the same they both have times where one does marginally better than the other. In other regions who knows. But currently in Korea, Aion has a larger number of active players and is revenue is fairly equal after BDO dropped off at the end of Q2 and even before that this Q1 their earnings weren't much higher than that of Aion and the playerbase for these games were almost identical. Even Lineage and WoW's playerbase in Korea which is much larger than Aion, BDO, BnS, you name it isn't that fantastic in earnings. Korea has made a change to more mobile gaming so it is effecting the money made from these PC titles.

They claimed they can't add anything from future version beyond 2.7.

But as far as I know there's a 3.5 server that able to added skins from 4.x
More like lazy you know :/

I feel like this is just an experiment server they will see how much they got first and maybe they will decided to develop something unique for classic server.
Please note here NC your greedy in 4.7(Unlimited enchantment level) is greatly contribute led the destruction of Aion that happened in 6.0 and following patches.

I'm sure if Aion classic success and have a lot of people playing it might repeating same path with modern Aion.
@Kibbelz I've told you many times already if you wanna get people back you must show them your honestly and goodwill.

The simplest goodwill you can show to people now is not about modify game client fix stuff or add afk or p2w events.
Just add all skins to your BCM ,it's not about if there will be people who will buy them it's about you showing you care about people. If you keep do stuff that people don't want nobody will appreciate. 

NCsoft needs to accept reality that money earning method from mobile gaming doesn't work on PC. You have to accept it will make less money with this market.
We don't need bot or auto path that playing the game for us. If we wanted that we rather to watch a movie/series not playing the game.

I'll give an example of goodwill that NC could do back in 5.x era.

I remember a system that you need to log daily to get big rewards in the end of the month
Well this seems a good idea to encourage people to log everyday but I think it's really backslash.

Sometimes people can't stay home and need to go out to another city for several days so they miss a big reward.
It should be something like logging daily for 20 times per month and get a bundle for BCM skin that tradable(or at least tradable in account warehouse).
You know like 5 times get emotion card bundle ,10 times headgear skin , 15 times a weapon skin bundle.

Skins indirectly promote players to play another char because they want to use those skins from bundle and would anyone log off suddenly after they login ? No they would check broker and look for lfg if anybody doing anything. This is how to promote the game without making people feel being forced to log. Luna system was stupid because people won't do anything but afk because they got skins and exp by doing nothing but afk. You don't need to force people to keep logging you only need encourage them to log not daily but often enough for them to see if there's an activity in game.

Did you study history of your own game ? o_O
You see you've been forcing people to pvp to boost sale of BCM since starting of 4.x and it starts of declining of population and greatly at 4.7 when non limited enchantment sure the money earning surged for short period but after that it keep declining as more RNG and P2W elements added and what happening now ? classic server.

Sure some people addicted to casino but that isn't majority of players. The worse thing than losing money is losing credibility once people don't believed you anymore no matter what you do in that point people won't believe you anymore. People are not crash cows they do have feeling and they can make decisions.

I really don't know if classic will bring people back not because classic isn't good but because NC never show honestly to us players everyone expected NC twist idea of some form of p2w will come to classic.

Honestly can act now put all skins to website shop doesn't need rocket science knowledge is a good start if this simply act can not be done then no point to talk about anything.
I wouldn't come back for classic no matter it's your powerless to your Korea HQ or just your own laziness doesn't make a different for me. I considering NCwest as a failed company.

Archived