Forums

I've just returned to Aion after several years and I see that server issues have become somewhat commonplace. We were in the middle of an event and now I cannot receive the coffin buff, are issues like this usually resolved before maintenance or are we just out of luck for the rest of the event?

1 hour ago, Flatten-KT said:

I've just returned to Aion after several years and I see that server issues have become somewhat commonplace. We were in the middle of an event and now I cannot receive the coffin buff, are issues like this usually resolved before maintenance or are we just out of luck for the rest of the event?

After 7.5 came they did something to their servers and ISP, how do we know... during 7.5 first day people had insane lag even people playing from USA. They defo changed the bandwidth to save on money (which they later had to increase again because of the lag). Now as the game progresses it becomes heavier and apparently our outdated hardware cannot stand many players, katalam server is more populated than DN so katalam server gets bugged at about 4 days worth of continuous work. So during sunday we usually get the bug, due to lower population or logins it might delay a little bit like ti did now and we got it on Monday.

They always make an additional maintenance to fix it and everyone gets their instance entries reset. This is butter on warm bread for DN server as they also get a maintenance but their server is fully functional while KT is absent. There were times KT server was unable to go to sieges in interserver maps because of the bug and then everyone got free resets while we couldn't play the game.

In the older days there were times that it took them up to 12 hours to do the maintenance because it was Sunday, it shouldn't take them too long to fix it today so we are still waiting.

I doubt they will fix this, the game is in emergency room at life support sot here is no way we are getting hardware upgrade or any fixes for this as we are the most dead region for Aion.

It will likely not be repaired. What will probably happen (tin foil hat here) is that they will announce a final server merge sometime in the next year, and they will use DN's functional server and t.rash the broken KT server.

Edited by Vantheria-DN
On 9/11/2020 at 4:33 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

It will likely not be repaired. What will probably happen (tin foil hat here) is that they will announce a final server merge sometime in the next year, and they will use DN's functional server and t.rash the broken KT server.

...only to realize that katalam server halted because both servers have the same survival capacity but KT had more players and it reached that survival capacity within the 7 days the maintenance-to-maintenance lasts while DN was never heavy enough to reach it and it gave the illusion DN physical server was actually better or more stable.

So now we have one server, which has a population combination of the two servers, there are no shared maps (so no more 3rd server to hold the extra load) and thus DN needs a quick maintenance every 2 days because NPCs are on a perma strike.

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

but KT had more players and it reached that survival capacity within the 7 days the maintenance-to-maintenance lasts while DN was never heavy enough to reach it and it gave the illusion DN physical server was actually better or more stable.

I could be totally wrong because, of course, we don't actually know what is wrong with the KT server. BUT I do not think that is actually what is occurring. The reason I say that is because the server is more active in these past 2 weeks than it has been in a while because of the Halloween event. Despite it being busier, the server actually lasted longer this week. Recently, it has been bugging on Sunday morning (NA time), but this week, it was nearly a day later than that. Furthermore, that isn't because the regular Wednesday maintenance lasted longer -- as you know, if the maintenance lasts a long time, it will extend the "life" of the server. This week's maintenance was fairly short.

Ah well, who knows what the cause is. We don't know, and I doubt NCsoft knows either. Maybe the physical piece of equipment itself just up and says, "Welp, I've been on for 4 days, I'm hot, time to turn off!" Who knows. 9_9

4 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I could be totally wrong because, of course, we don't actually know what is wrong with the KT server. BUT I do not think that is actually what is occurring. The reason I say that is because the server is more active in these past 2 weeks than it has been in a while because of the Halloween event. Despite it being busier, the server actually lasted longer this week. Recently, it has been bugging on Sunday morning (NA time), but this week, it was nearly a day later than that. Furthermore, that isn't because the regular Wednesday maintenance lasted longer -- as you know, if the maintenance lasts a long time, it will extend the "life" of the server. This week's maintenance was fairly short.

Ah well, who knows what the cause is. We don't know, and I doubt NCsoft knows either. Maybe the physical piece of equipment itself just up and says, "Welp, I've been on for 4 days, I'm hot, time to turn off!" Who knows. 9_9

I think it actually is less active, when we had the anniversary we had a ton of people online just for the passive 700k XP per minute in that anniversary map, the skipping table thing (people had alts there too for that extra reward).

During Songpyeon the server also seemed slightly more active (maybe not due to the event itself).

I could be wrong but I hardly even lag on Gelk now because I do not see many characters online (they could be in dungeons obviously farming pumpkins)

Edited by Arhangelos-KT
1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I think it actually is less active, when we had the anniversary we had a ton of people online just for the passive 700k XP per minute in that anniversary map, the skipping table thing (people had alts there too for that extra reward).

During Songpyeon the server also seemed slightly more active (maybe not due to the event itself).

I could be wrong but I hardly even lag on Gelk now because I do not see many characters online (they could be in dungeons obviously farming pumpkins)

Ahh the excitement of trying to guess the inner workings of NCsoft lol. Although I am happy to be proven wrong about them trying to fix the KT bug issue! We'll see if the server change tomorrow solves that problem.