[Extended] Weekly Server Maintenance - November 11, 2020

Arctic

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

No, the servers will be in Eastern Standard Time which is 1 hour later than it currently is.

Depends on how you look at it.  To someone on Central Standard Time, those in Easter Standard Time are an hour ahead.  So 19:00 Server Time will feel like sieges are starting an hour before they normally start.

Although, this is a good time to revisit siege times.  Since moving off Daylight Savings Time, the sieges have defacto started an hour early, now this adds a second hour.  So times that were 7/10p Eastern would now be 5/8p Eastern.  That wrecks Pacific Time players.  Regardless of where the server is located, can we go back to the 7/10p Eastern schedule please?

Something I just thought of.  RNG is usually hardware dependent.  There's a chance that we'll get better randomness with the move.  Hopefully, no more 42 fails in a row when attempting to enchant stigs. 

• Aion Team
3 hours ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

@Kibbelz

Is tomorrow 7.7 patch?!?

Neither the FB post or the website post are clear on this.

https://www.aiononline.com/news/Unshackled-zones-and-instances

Clarification plz.

Don't make me start posting on BnS forms to get answers.....

Tomorrow is most certainly not our 7.7 patch. We have a number of articles still to come discussing the 7.7 patch's content before we ship it live. Tomorrow is merely to migrate our servers, and conclude the events which have ended.

• Aion Team
3 hours ago, Hoarror-KT said:

Heeeey @Kibbelz,

Remember a while ago when you had posted something along the lines of a list of things that you (NCsoft) would working on to make the connection between NCsoft and the community stronger? Yeah? Wasn't one of those things better communication? I feel as if the community probably should have been given a heads up on this decision a while ago. 

Like what is the reasoning? What are the future states plans for AION looking like since the game is moving to cloud based servers? 

Not to call you out, but, you are starting to do EXACTLY what Cyan used to do... ONLY log into forums with Maintenance Notes, then quickly log off. And then not log in again until the next week to post Maintenance Notes again. There is an EXTREME lack of any communication about ANYTHING that is happening. What about 7.7 release for NA? Whoever is in charge of the AION Facebook seems to be more informative than the actual forums themselves...

Thanks for sharing this feedback @Hoarror-KT. I'll discuss with the team to see how we can ensure that decisions like this are surfaced earlier. I can't speak to the reasoning, as I have none of those details, but I can look to get those details to share with everyone in our next community update - which is currently planned for next Thursday.

As to your 7.7 inquiries, please know that our recent posts on social media were an effort to address precisely this feedback. We wanted to share that 7.7 is coming, and provide some high-level details. Unfortunately, the details which many are interested in do not become available until much closer to the patch's release, so look forward to more detailed articles over the next week or so. If there are specific ways we can improve these high-level detail posts (besides dates, which are always subject to change), let us know! I know for my case, I am all ears.

@Kibbelz I'm going to ask you something and politely o_o

What's the problem that stopping you to add skins into BCM shop ? Is it technical limitation or it wasn't authorized because the game policy ?
I really hope you will answer this and I hope it's no harm coming to anyone by answering this question.

-Following this is just optional questions
What's NA official current stance on opening classic ?
If NA willing to opening classic will there a chance that NA might launch west coast server ?
What's your personal opinion about classic ?

It would be kind if you answer my optional and main questions thank you so much.

30 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I know for my case, I am all ears.

@Kibbelz  You're all ears, huh?  Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!  Is that why you haven't responded to ONE of the MANY threads inquiring, pleading and downright BEGGING for clarification about your new "guaranteed ultimate transform feature"  (consume 12 legendary during a single promotion event)  because you're all ears and you literally don't see the threads? LOL

Is there a place we, your paying customers, can leave you audio requests so we can get some nyerking answers around here for game breaking issues?

Thanks for checking in for your once a week maintenance post. See you in 7 days.

51 minutes ago, Audre-KT said:

@Kibbelz  You're all ears, huh?  Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!  Is that why you haven't responded to ONE of the MANY threads inquiring, pleading and downright BEGGING for clarification about your new "guaranteed ultimate transform feature"  (consume 12 legendary during a single promotion event)  because you're all ears and you literally don't see the threads? LOL

Is there a place we, your paying customers, can leave you audio requests so we can get some nyerking answers around here for game breaking issues?

Thanks for checking in for your once a week maintenance post. See you in 7 days.

I feel your pain... I have several issues under the bug report section that hasn't been acknowledged at all by the NCsoft staff... So glad we pay for Prestige for some of the quests to be bugged and not work. 

3 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

As someone who lives in Texas this is super lame, bye bye 20ms, hello mid 50s... fml

thank you ncsoft for adding a eastern server as i currently do live in new york city with my 75 to 80 ping without the use of any ping reducer...now i dont have to move to texas just for lower ping anymore...boom, the nub just got her upgrade lol...my hp probook 4730s is looking real good after 10 years...

Edited by Valedia-DN

4 hours ago, MiphaBae-DN said:

As someone who lives in Texas this is super lame, bye bye 20ms, hello mid 50s... fml

My ping was 273ms from Australia when I tested it a few hours ago, I have no sympathy for people complaining about a jump up to 50ms :)

33 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

My ping was 273ms from Australia when I tested it a few hours ago, I have no sympathy for people complaining about a jump up to 50ms :)

i pretty much played with 150 to upward to 200 as a ranger and i was very happy when the mass majority went to bed around anytime after midnight when it drop to like 120 downwards to 75 and omg when ping said 75 i felt god like and i agree completely with u about players crying about going from lower to mid 20s to 50...back then when i had 150 to 200 i would have killed myself in the hopes of going to heaven just to have a steady 50 ping...mipha you dont know just how perfect u had it and still do so please shut up and count your blessing and good fortune and stop with all ur bs about having 50 ping...people say im not nice based on how i speak to certain people and things i say but ferk i completely agree with you in regards to having NOOOOO SYMPATHY for all any and everyone who go from ping ranging from 20-150 so welcome to our lives/world...

Edited by Valedia-DN

3 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

There is no reason that they couldn't host an Aion server in the Singapore, or  Sydney/Australia AWS data centers if that's who they are using from now on, give SEA players a decent ping too.

The thing is not so much as they couldnt add a server for you boys n girls but more so try to remember that ncsoft is the kinda company that doesnt take certain initiative but needs to be asked/told what to consider doing or they wont...i learned that if the suggestion box gets filled with the same suggestions from all parties they will highly consider the suggestions as they will not consider 1 time suggestions from 1 to 2 people and as they've told me several times that they listen to the majority when considering changes and not the 1 to 2 that wants it most...

27 minutes ago, Dabbles-DN said:

You late to the party about SEA servers they tried it and it doesn't/didn't work. Look at Nezkem(R.i.p Server imbalance)  a good few years ago. It only worked for awhile when the game was new and had people to play it.

The only imbalance was for fort sieges, which are for a tiny part of the day, and that was caused by more people rolling Elyos than Asmo.

Nowadays the factions are way more balanced since Free to Play kicked in, and people can just open another account if they want to swap factions.

Back then, if you rolled an Elyos toon on Nezekan you were stuck with playing Elyos unless you wanted to fork out for a second monthly subscription just so you could roll an Asmo as well.

Edited by Ferk-DN

4 minutes ago, Otsutsuki-DN said:

time to leave this game forever, ping from BR is already shit if it gets worse I see no reason to continue :(

whats ur ping now? Are u using exitlag? get rid of open world pvp cuz that i believe cause 99% of all high ping...pvp requires a lot of power and we all aion is not optimized for both pvp n pve stress...

Edited by Valedia-DN