Jump to content
Forums

[Extended] Weekly Server Maintenance - November 11, 2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heeeey @Kibbelz, Remember a while ago when you had posted something along the lines of a list of things that you (NCsoft) would working on to make the connection between NCsoft and the community

@Kibbelz*Disappointed Mom Voice* Honey, that is not how you make a maintenance post. We need more information. How long will the servers be down for? 9 hours is not realistic. Try 12-14 hou

The reason why we all wants skins, motion cards, and various cosmetics is because that is one of the few things we can truly enjoy in the game. As the game slowly declines, the people who are still re

12 minutes ago, Shainygirl-DN said:

Hello everyone. Well, here in Buenos Aires, Argentina, I usually play with 400 - 500 ping:D. Yes, it's sad, I know:(. Let's see what happens.:/.Especially in 7.7:|.

Your ping should be way less than that. It will most likely be something to do with your ISP.

eg. My ping from Australia is 270ms and I am way further from the servers than Argentina. You are about 8,500km from the servers and I am over 15,000km.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kibbelz Please, you will have to review the ping instability that this new host has and solve it as soon as possible, since most of the GPN reducers mark in their software a lower ping than before in server ashburn, this means that their routes are correct . However within Aion the instability is unsustainable. Please do not cause 50% of players to leave the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Audre-KT Decisions around the guaranteed ultimate transform feature have been under a lot of discussion lately (internally as well as with the community). We're committed to providing clarification in our next Community Update, which is tentatively planned for Thursday, 11/19.

Hopefully it contains the details you're looking for!

lol @Kibbelz  You really should consider a career in politics with this response.

You literally just said a lot of discussion has been happening lately with the community regarding guaranteed ultimate xform.  What? Where? Please show me where anyone from NC has engaged in any ultimate transform question thread after Aug 28th.  You made a game changing announcement on Aug 28th and then completely disappeared from any and all of the conversation, despite multiple threads.  This is the first time you've said anything about it in over 10 weeks!!  It will be almost THREE months before you provide your player base with any clarification regarding an issue that effects us daily and of course, this is assuming you can actually provide the information on Nov 19th.

But I'm glad to hear that you're committed to tentatively providing us with answers...  great work!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

Your ping should be way less than that. It will most likely be something to do with your ISP.

eg. My ping from Australia is 270ms and I am way further from the servers than Argentina. You are about 8,500km from the servers and I am over 15,000km.

 

Mine instantly jumped from 200 to 250 after they have moved to Virginia. Im from Melbourne 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, Nalariel-KT said:

@Kibbelz I'm going to ask you something and politely o_o

What's the problem that stopping you to add skins into BCM shop ? Is it technical limitation or it wasn't authorized because the game policy ?
I really hope you will answer this and I hope it's no harm coming to anyone by answering this question.

-Following this is just optional questions
What's NA official current stance on opening classic ?
If NA willing to opening classic will there a chance that NA might launch west coast server ?
What's your personal opinion about classic ?
 

It would be kind if you answer my optional and main questions thank you so much.

Hi Nalariel, thanks for the questions! I can't speak to Classic at the moment, but I just asked the team about BCM. It sounds like it is a thing we would like to do, but it faces a wall due to prioritization of other tasks. That said, if there is enough community support it could possibly be moved up the queue!

 

@Audre-KT I was attempting to convey that you are all talking about it, and we are internally as well. I thought we all agreed we haven't had player-dev discussions about it yet... I could have given my phrasing more care. Maybe not politics after all ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi Nalariel, thanks for the questions! I can't speak to Classic at the moment, but I just asked the team about BCM. It sounds like it is a thing we would like to do, but it faces a wall due to prioritization of other tasks. That said, if there is enough community support it could possibly be moved up the queue!

Enough community support? Are you serious? PEOPLE STOP ASKING FOR SKINS BECAUSE WE GAVE UP. WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET SKINS BACK IN THE BCM EVER SINCE 6.0.

Here are some post/comments asking for skins with a really simple search (and there are plenty more of them)

 

 

and like this are waaaaaaaaay more post about asking for skins in the BCM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Conspiracy theory.

Aion Classic is booming in KR right now. There is 6k queues on just one faction's side, and there is already 3 servers. The model and the idea of bringing in a Classic seems to be working and favoring the player base. The best assumption is that it will most like come to the West (whether NA or EU).

The conspiracy is that Gamerforge might not get the rights to host the Classic, and if this is the case, NA, being a part of the NCsoft company would automatically attract the whole European population to the classic server. Think about it, on NCsoft's part, it's a smart marketing plan to basically be greedy to get all the money for themselves through NCwest rather than Gamerforge.

Therefore, it would make sense to transfer the servers to Virginia as NCwest sees that SEA players are only a small fraction to how many European players there are, and so they would rather please Europeans in terms of their ping than SEA players, and thus moving the servers there in preparing for the release of Aion Classic.

ps. The 100-200 or so English players that tried Aion Classic in KR all got banned at the same time as KR is very strict on keeping it only KR populated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi Nalariel, thanks for the questions! I can't speak to Classic at the moment, but I just asked the team about BCM. It sounds like it is a thing we would like to do, but it faces a wall due to prioritization of other tasks. That said, if there is enough community support it could possibly be moved up the queue!

 

@Audre-KT I was attempting to convey that you are all talking about it, and we are internally as well. I thought we all agreed we haven't had player-dev discussions about it yet... I could have given my phrasing more care. Maybe not politics after all ;)

what community support when skins being on bcm,sand shop is something we all would appreciate...

6 minutes ago, 5s2C40D6-DN said:

Enough community support? Are you serious? PEOPLE STOP ASKING FOR SKINS BECAUSE WE GAVE UP. WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET SKINS BACK IN THE BCM EVER SINCE 6.0.

Here are some post/comments asking for skins with a really simple search (and there are plenty more of them)

 

 

and like this are waaaaaaaaay more post about asking for skins in the BCM

ty

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Conspiracy theory.

Aion Classic is booming in KR right now. There is 6k queues on just one faction's side, and there is already 3 servers. The model and the idea of bringing in a Classic seems to be working and favoring the player base. The best assumption is that it will most like come to the West (whether NA or EU).

The conspiracy is that Gamerforge might not get the rights to host the Classic, and if this is the case, NA, being a part of the NCsoft company would automatically attract the whole European population to the classic server. Think about it, on NCsoft's part, it's a smart marketing plan to basically be greedy to get all the money for themselves through NCwest rather than Gamerforge.

Therefore, it would make sense to transfer the servers to Virginia as NCwest sees that SEA players are only a small fraction to how many European players there are, and so they would rather please Europeans in terms of their ping than SEA players, and thus moving the servers there in preparing for the release of Aion Classic.

ps. The 100-200 or so English players that tried Aion Classic in KR all got banned at the same time as KR is very strict on keeping it only KR populated.

1- Who really cares about numbers after only 2 days, let's check in after 3 months and 6 months and talk again about booming servers with queues

2-  Nothing is stopping GF from opening their own classic server

3- oh forget it, no point since this conspiracy theory is pure speculation, it's much more just based on lower operating costs for all of their games

Edited by Rapier-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites

To the discussion re: BCM Skins, when I first joined I asked the community to help me generate a prioritized list of changes / areas that needed attention. Skins are in the bottom-third of the list, even after being shared with the playerbase for review. However, I do know we continued discussing it internally because it was a feature we wanted to implement.

It's great to see it come up as a discussion topic. Where would those of you in this thread place it, if you could?

Here's a link to the list as we last left it: https://imgur.com/a/BIEJ8r8

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

To the discussion re: BCM Skins, when I first joined I asked the community to help me generate a prioritized list of changes / areas that needed attention. Skins are in the bottom-third of the list, even after being shared with the playerbase for review. However, I do know we continued discussing it internally because it was a feature we wanted to implement.

It's great to see it come up as a discussion topic. Where would those of you in this thread place it, if you could?

Here's a link to the list as we last left it: https://imgur.com/a/BIEJ8r8

 

 

Even if it was the bottom third of most important, from a marketing standpoint skins are the easiest place ya'll could be making extra revenue.  It's not like NA is making the product, the product already exists, all you need to do is import it into the BCM and boom, you have something that can be bought and purchased with extremely little upkeep.  It is one of the easiest places ya'll can make revenue without making any negative impacts on the game unlike upgrades, enchants or resets; and there are whales who would be happy to buy skins to sell to ftp players, it's a win-win scenario, please listen to someone who used to work in marketing.  Cosmetics are a large part of the reason people still like Aion, but it's now so hard to get said cosmetic items in NA, and it's really busting ya'lls chops.  If private servers can implement very expansive cash shops for cosmetics, surely someone in ya'lls department has the brain cells to make it happen.  We would like for things to be more successful for ya'll and we do keep offering suggestions and then they get half-assedly implemented or not at all and as I said, I feel this is an area ya'll could dedicate a week's time to and reap some pretty nice rewards with absolutely no upkeep.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shavera-DN said:

 

Even if it was the bottom third of most important, from a marketing standpoint skins are the easiest place ya'll could be making extra revenue.  It's not like NA is making the product, the product already exists, all you need to do is import it into the BCM and boom, you have something that can be bought and purchased with extremely little upkeep.  It is one of the easiest places ya'll can make revenue without making any negative impacts on the game unlike upgrades, enchants or resets; and there are whales who would be happy to buy skins to sell to ftp players, it's a win-win scenario, please listen to someone who used to work in marketing.  Cosmetics are a large part of the reason people still like Aion, but it's now so hard to get said cosmetic items in NA, and it's really busting ya'lls chops.  If private servers can implement very expansive cash shops for cosmetics, surely someone in ya'lls department has the brain cells to make it happen.  We would like for things to be more successful for ya'll and we do keep offering suggestions and then they get half-assedly implemented or not at all and as I said, I feel this is an area ya'll could dedicate a week's time to and reap some pretty nice rewards with absolutely no upkeep.  

after reading the first line thats as far as anyone need to read to just completely agree...we are telling them how to get more money but its like they to damn stupid to understand...NCSOFT WE DONT MIND GIVING MONEY BUT WE WANT IT TO BE WORTH IT...OPEN YOUR EYES AND LISTEN CUZ U DAMN SURE NOT USING UR EARS...

Link to post
Share on other sites

not to mention they remove certain things from the bcm that should remain there cuz ppl will buy them...i mean you removed the harves type 4 selection box for what...you give a locked harvest box during the event as a reward but only a 1 time account bound key so my question is why even had the box as a event reward option with NO damn key so now i have a box but no key...very smart

Link to post
Share on other sites

but watch when or if they add skins to bcm the kinda ugly skins they gonna put there like long dresses... add innocent aris leggins,anuhart tunic,miragents breeches,jerkin of traning and tiamat guards captain shoulderguards...weapon wise all rentus base weapons and sauren weapons...that is my list but others will have their own...DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT WORK FOR NCSOFT AS THEY ARE IDIOTS WITH NO FASHION SENSE AFTER PATCH 4.0 OR 5 I BELIEVE...DONT FORGET SAUREN EARRINGS

Edited by Valedia-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

To the discussion re: BCM Skins, when I first joined I asked the community to help me generate a prioritized list of changes / areas that needed attention. Skins are in the bottom-third of the list, even after being shared with the playerbase for review. However, I do know we continued discussing it internally because it was a feature we wanted to implement.

It's great to see it come up as a discussion topic. Where would those of you in this thread place it, if you could?

Here's a link to the list as we last left it: https://imgur.com/a/BIEJ8r8

 

I think after all this time ever since 6.0 (thats when there was a change on BCM and skins were no longer a thing) skins shouldve come in BCM already. I really dont know whats the effort that has to be put to add some items on the BCM (wich you guys do when there is a cash grab event so i dont think its THAT hard). But by now there should be more variaty on the skins there. Only ugly that no one wants skins are available on BCM.

At least add 1 every week if its that hard. But make them PERMANTLY AVAILABLE no 2 weeks rotation that lead to nothing like you guys did for some time.

shouldnt be so hard.

PS. also consider adding motions too like in the old BCM. Hovering, ninja, the dragon set, ice skating, stormbringer. Those all were once in the BCM would love to see them back in.

Edit: I dont see transfer in that list, I really think thats an important thing too.

Edited by 5s2C40D6-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Conspiracy theory.

Aion Classic is booming

snip

Well dang I do love a good tin foil hat scenario. Will be interesting to see if it plays out. Not gonna work out though if servers literally crash constantly like KT did earlier today after less than 24 hours online.

Also, in line with skins discussion, please add Dragon's Set motion card to the BCM. I've been begging to be able to buy it for over a year. *cries* :(

Edited by Vantheria-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Conspiracy theory.

Aion Classic is booming in KR right now. There is 6k queues on just one faction's side, and there is already 3 servers. The model and the idea of bringing in a Classic seems to be working and favoring the player base. The best assumption is that it will most like come to the West (whether NA or EU).

The conspiracy is that Gamerforge might not get the rights to host the Classic, and if this is the case, NA, being a part of the NCsoft company would automatically attract the whole European population to the classic server. Think about it, on NCsoft's part, it's a smart marketing plan to basically be greedy to get all the money for themselves through NCwest rather than Gamerforge.

Therefore, it would make sense to transfer the servers to Virginia as NCwest sees that SEA players are only a small fraction to how many European players there are, and so they would rather please Europeans in terms of their ping than SEA players, and thus moving the servers there in preparing for the release of Aion Classic.

ps. The 100-200 or so English players that tried Aion Classic in KR all got banned at the same time as KR is very strict on keeping it only KR populated.

I like conspiracy theories and your one makes sense :) ... if aion classic could live at least 4 month :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

also put that 2 d dance motion or all of them so i have my pick and put legendary contracts in the bcm selection type or not and it will sell cuz god knows contracts i will buy as its almost impossible to get them without farming for days months even years and im not doing anymore so sad to say u wont get my time but money i dont care about...m

Edited by Valedia-DN
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi Nalariel, thanks for the questions! I can't speak to Classic at the moment, but I just asked the team about BCM. It sounds like it is a thing we would like to do, but it faces a wall due to prioritization of other tasks. That said, if there is enough community support it could possibly be moved up the queue!

 

@Audre-KT I was attempting to convey that you are all talking about it, and we are internally as well. I thought we all agreed we haven't had player-dev discussions about it yet... I could have given my phrasing more care. Maybe not politics after all ;)

This just in, Kibblez was primaried by his perfectly identical twin Kibbletz. Will Kibbletz beat his opponent Cat? Probably, because the food is poison and costs less than the leading brand. :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Loki unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...