I'm back after... 6 years?

2s231ED4-DN

Hi! So I quit playing when I was yoooounger, back in the old good days lol, but a few days ago I wanted to play a MMORPG again. I tried a lot of them because I didn't want to go to what I already knew, but none of the games I tried was as fun as I remembered Aion, so I downloaded it again aaaaand, for my surprise, I was completely different.

I MEAN, of course I was expecting changes after SIX years, but what I didn't expect was a complete removal of most of the maps in Elysea/Asmodae. I enjoyed the path of leveling so much, it wasn't very quick but also not slow, and it wasn't very difficult either, but you had to win those levels and that gave you experience on how to play so you could be better al PvP at the end (for reference, I stopped playing when Pangea was just created, more or less. Never played there).

I was hoping to create a new character and go all the way again, but I don't think that an option now? Is there any chance that they add maps back for leveling? I loved that Aion so so much.

PS: sorry for the name, I literally don't know how to change it. Also sorry of I say something weird, English is not my first language!

Leveling is a swift... no need for ol' maps, game have changed too much, there is too much to farm, and to gear up, do not stop to grind an instance, just move along, do campaign and blue quests, and Rep Green quest just enough to get the next set of quest.. You'll get free gear according to your lv. Your goal is get to lv 80 ASAP!, cos there is nothing to do under lv 76 and nothing to farm

Hey mate. Same here. I stopped 6-7 years ago and when i started again i was as surprised as you. I don't think it is going to be the way it was (unfortunatelly). You just have to adapt. Maybe they will add new maps in the future and maybe they will make it close to as it was. Maybe not. Who knows? As for the name, check your inventory. You'll see a name change ticket.

Still don't know how to change mi name here, feeling a bit useless rn. Thanks @Covidfree-DN for the tip but I don't know where to access my inventory? in the forum? feeling like a noob

@Szellemoon-DN I know there's no /need/ for more maps but it was actually fun. I can't find the fun in just levelling very fast and then the ultimate goal being just gear up your character. Before, you could match a more geared char if you had some "basic" armour if you were skilled enough, now I've lost count of the things you need. First they implemented the plume, then a lot of other things, it seems impossible for me to go without paying actual money (a high amount). Of course it's my point of view, just dissapointed Aion isn't even a little bit as it was, I don't think I'll play anymore, sadly

When you come back after so many years, there will be certainly many things to catch up with and many changes. You will certainly not like all of them, but don't just drop it until you've tried it. There are many things to learn about the new game, but isn't that exciting ? No, you will not learn all of them in one day and you will not become top #1 in the game in a week. But that's Aion, not kind of mobile phone farm game, here the pleasure is in learning new things, getting stronger and playing with your friends, and from this point of view nothing changed since the first day of this game. A new update, 7.7 is coming possibly in a few weeks, it is going to be new for all of us, so we all will become (partially) noobs again. This is a great opportunity for you to join. In old Aion, gearing up was tiresome, now you get a decent gear set for free after achieving lvl80, which will allow you to run easy mode instances, farming end game gear and progress in game. Me too, I remember Verteron, Eltnen, Theobomos (which I hated), the Abyss, etc. and I miss all of those zones. In the current patch we are even all back in Inggison, which I was never a fan of either, but there are many interesting new features there so it doesn't get boring. Imagine, if you had to start from scratch in old Aion, from lvl1, it would take months for you to lvl up to lvl65, for example and enjoy the end game. So you would be stuck for months grinding low-level instances, seeing other ppl enjoying Tiamaranta and world bosses. Now it's totally different, you can lvl up to 80 in no time, but once you are there, so many things open to you, so many paths to choose and things to learn. It si ok to be confused in the beginning but that doesn't mean you will not make progress and enjoy the game.

Archived