Aion Classic

DarkBladeJr-KT

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

@Matsukamy-KT The appeal of classic is you are what you put in. If you are bad at the game and can not complete content in whites well craft some gear or even buy some coin gear and improve your stats and then go back and beat that content you could not do. Being weak in an MMORPG results in players often grouping up first before upgrading their gear thus bringing the community together. Compare this to retail where some classes can solo content based on their gear it makes sense why people like it over current retail.

Current retail is you are weak until you are not. Sure you can do content in lesser gear but it just means more time not more rewarding because you know how far behind you really are. It feels like you are wasting time doing anything in sub par gear in Retail because there is no pro-active choice to improve your character to improve your gameplay. It is wait around be graced by developer/publisher screws ups by making events to good and hope they do not nerf it.

I am sure many of those who would play classic would rather see balance/fixes brought back to Aion retail but the reality is NCsoft show no interest in fixing the problems that retail Aion has.

I dont thinkg there will be coin gear. At least not in the beggining. And yes, having our old gathering and crafting professions back will be great. And the maps. There will be a lv of p2w in the game, I understand that. But I sure hope its nothing like we have it now. Not having classes like the gunner, SW, painter and AT is also a big plus. They dont fit the game. 

Just a little note about Classic. The leveling is faster than old 1.X this is good in my opinion and allows casual players who are just coming back temporarily to be able to level at a steady pace and participate in all sorts of group content. Drops they are much more liberal with these than I was expecting the drop rate is quite nice and farming feel really good items and manastones dropping very well. The gameplay has been really smoothed out it is not as rigid and frustrating/buggy as it was back in the day I quite like this as it does feel of the newer style game feel but keeping the retro Aion feel at the same time. The Daeva Pass is a great addition there are some really decent items and it streches out for the month and you can do this totally f2p you can although purchase a boost for around 35$ and it give a large amount of extra rewards but all of these rewards are the same as the one you can get for free just a lot more of them. They are unfortunately able to be put on the consignment which I don't know if I like but I guess it is ok because it goes into the next topic. Kinah it is actually very easy to farm a decent amount of kinah I have never had any problems with farming kinah whether it be raw kinah or from the private stores or consignment. The Cash Shop is fairly limited which is good but could be bad as there isn't as much available cosmetics and other things but it is still the first week so these hopefully will come later. I haven't really checked the cash shop just a brief glance. I have about 40 hours of Classic so far some was a bit afk because I was doing other things essencetapping/aethertapping/crafts but I have made it to lvl 36. There is a very large number of players on the servers and 4 servers now I believe they just opened a new one yesterday.

All in all Aion Classic so far 10/10 even with the Daeva Pass extras you can sell I do not mind. It's not 1:1 old Aion but in all facets it is much better than old Aion. We will have to see how it progresses in Korea before it would come here. Also even with the approx. 30k ill just say at least 21k since the 3 servers were maxed on capacity it has not hurt Retail at least noticeably this is another reason why we must to watch and also be proactive on making sure our Retail can survive through this as our Retail isn't that strong. Also to my knowledge I don't think the sub fee is sellable so if you cannot buy it through the nc shop your will not be able to continue you game time only with the free time they give you

Let’s check back on those server populations in - let’s say 3 months and see how they are - and see what they start  adding into their cash shop in the next few months

Since people have such short memories of the last times new servers were created in NA.

I’d say EU is a more promising candidate for Aion classic.

I understand this they were not planning to have the extra servers it is solely because they are at max capacity. I literally have to wait upwards of 15min to log in alone. The server cannot function like that. EU is also Gameforge and its unkown is NC will even permit them to do it. Who knows we shall see unless they start doing many events and stretch the time our very far the game will get very stale when it hits the 2.7 cap they put at that point classic probably wont last unless they put serious effort into events and other things to keep people interested. It has a shot to work in other region but as of right now I don't think so with how NA or even EU retail is

Only working in KR because its not crippling the revenue created by retail so far and the amount of people coming to play it as well at the start. Most Aion streamer I watch actually have retail up in the background and still play both

I personally don't think that KR and NA should ever be compared, they are worlds apart, if KR is successful doesn't mean NA will be the same. NA community is POISON and has killed the game just as much as NC did since the beginning with all the game issues, and before we ask what they will do to make it better we should ask what will I do better as a player what will we do any better as a community....will I go and kill that undergeared 8 or 10 levels lower than me over and over and over until he gives up the game? Will I have my full group go and kill that solo guy finishing gathering a node and call him rubbish?...and before you say well...is a pvp game..yes but honorable and respectful things can still be done. Probably some people will be back for the nostalgia and all but they will leave just as fast for the same reason they left in the first place if things are not different. You can't repeat the same thing over and expect a different result. My 2 cents anyways, peace.

I am not trying to compare the players in the 2 region I am talking about the game as its own thing. Does the game give good incentives to both f2p and people who charge without favouring the charge players. Is the game managed well and caters to the needs of the community within reason. Are they going to stay true to their word about how the game is monetized. These are the things I am talking about we need to see from KR who has Classic, if its not why would anyone even want it in NA to begin with.

I know the NA and EU communities are incredibly toxic it is pretty much why I play with a small group of people and only play with others when they ask of me. I try to help in lfg I am known to try to give help to people who ask I always just pm the person with the question to avoid the drama and toxicity that fills lfg. I know part of the toxicity comes from the state of the game but the majority of it is just these are the type of people who play these kind of game.

But all that aside the things are the obvious we need to work on in NA and EU before Classic would work in either region but I don't care about EU so for NA we need to fix the things in Retail so we have a compromise people are happy and we can have people freely moving back and forth playing each game. So that when the nostalgia runs out for people in Classic they can see pretty nice things in Retail and continue to play the game until they feel they wish to go back to Classic. That would be the Ideal scenario to keep both retail and classic decently populated and then maybe we could see more issues addressed in better time and just a better quality of game for all

22 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Watching korean streams, I saw that it takes like 20-30 hours to go from around lv 20 to 30 something by farming elites with full group and things like fire temple. 

Is everybody ok with that ?

I'm completely fine with that. I used to play L2 though so Aion never felt even a bit grindy to me, even in 1.5. 

As much as l am opposed to the p2w on the current servers, l don't think a sub only classic server would be a good decision. If they can sell a $600 + ult guaranteed xform for ONE person then they would need 40 subs on the classic server to make up for it. Just think what you are asking from NC. Firstly, there would be no p2w which would be the attraction to the server but you won't make anymore money then just the sub fee. Retail has more money to be made.

As a business stand point it's a terrible idea but it would be great for the players. Which side is NC on though?

1 hour ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

As much as l am opposed to the p2w on the current servers, l don't think a sub only classic server would be a good decision. If they can sell a $600 + ult guaranteed xform for ONE person then they would need 40 subs on the classic server to make up for it. Just think what you are asking from NC. Firstly, there would be no p2w which would be the attraction to the server but you won't make anymore money then just the sub fee. Retail has more money to be made.

As a business stand point it's a terrible idea but it would be great for the players. Which side is NC on though?

It's not meant to bring in the same amount of money as a stand alone title that's why if it were to come here now and it kills the retail population with players already upset with retail the NA server totally dies. It is meant to boost Aion's overall sale which is what it is doing in Korea. It it similar to doing a huge sale that everyone wants to participate in they are hoping for a small steady amount of cash flow from it they don't expect it to be their top earning game similar to how WoW has done classic if its popular and stays that way they throw a few more recourses into it to make a bit more

14 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

It's not meant to bring in the same amount of money as a stand alone title that's why if it were to come here now and it kills the retail population with players already upset with retail the NA server totally dies. It is meant to boost Aion's overall sale which is what it is doing in Korea. It it similar to doing a huge sale that everyone wants to participate in they are hoping for a small steady amount of cash flow from it they don't expect it to be their top earning game similar to how WoW has done classic if its popular and stays that way they throw a few more recourses into it to make a bit more

Yes and it would just be a bad idea.

If they create a classic server then it's all over for the west. Some can argue that it already is but if classic fails here just as much as retail, just close it down.

40 minutes ago, 5sB1C19-DN said:

There is a lv of p2w on the game yes, but not that much. How much is tolerable i cant really say.

but you guys always forgot that the current versions of Aion need to pay for the cost of developing and programming. New updates are not free. 

With old Aion, most of the development cost is already paid years ago.

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

There is a lv of p2w on the game yes, but not that much. How much is tolerable i cant really say.

but you guys always forgot that the current versions of Aion need to pay for the cost of developing and programming. New updates are not free. 

With old Aion, most of the development cost is already paid years ago.

I am totally fine with the amount of p2w the issue as I had said in a couple thread is the sheer amount of stuff you need in this game and how accessible it is. We need QoL changes which is the same that they ask for in Korea I am sorry for always talking about Korea but it is where I play the most. I only play NA due to work and etc when I am here (I currently am). It would be nice to be able to get these things easier I think for the most part that is all everyone is asking for. If it was I don't think anyone would complain if some players don't wish to work for it and charge it because they can just get it for free in a reasonable amount of time. They can always do great sales and else to make money and also try to more. I am not saying give everyone things but do it like make stigma enchants, daeva skillbooks, manastones all the stuff from the stormwing pet more available outside events in game. Make the contract like abyssal splinter maybe one slightly cheaper that a 34 type like the event. Just make the outside things more easily accessible do it in events or do it in game by other means from grinding. Some still will pay because they don't wish to grind but people who cant afford have an easier way to just grind it out. I get we wont get all these things but coming to a compromise is the key. They made getting the gear really easy make the stuff to enchant or other things easier too and just give the people their skins back lol.

These type of things is what we need to talk about for retail before we can have Classic if we don't have this kind of stuff Classic will not work in NA. I know kibbelz had a list of all the stuff we have asked for but we just have to keep positive and keep talking to them until we can get some changes for the better

6 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

These type of things is what we need to talk about for retail before we can have Classic if we don't have this kind of stuff Classic will not work in NA. I know kibbelz had a list of all the stuff we have asked for but we just have to keep positive and keep talking to them until we can get some changes for the better

No one would play/ask for classic if retail was good. Classic servers are a successful product because retail servers suck in the game they want to play. That is the legitimate base requirement for a successful classic version of a game. 

17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Expect a ton of bots farming for materials, there is no luna back then so no kinah box crafting and kinah should be tradeable.

that was the usual. But to be honest, wasn´t totally bad. Bots used to gather some resources that so few people wanted to farm. And we used those mats in large quantities to craft potions and scrolls. So those bots made those important items cheaper. 

20 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

No one would play/ask for classic if retail was good. Classic servers are a successful product because retail servers suck in the game they want to play. That is the legitimate base requirement for a successful classic version of a game. 

I think you are right. Nostalgic feelings usually appear when you feel that you are much worse than before. :( 

I haven't read everyone comments, mostly just people on the first page. However I would like to say... I played the game for around 10 years. However after 6.0 ish? When ever they started really changing the way skills work. The way crafting works. Adding all these things you could pay for. I just couldn't do it anymore. It felt like all the old systems that I used to love got killed off in an instant. Even before then the systems were nearly dead to begin with. Aion when it first came out to me. Wasn't its peak, but it was close. I don't think the classic server would bring back nearly as many players as KR's did. However I know for a fact with the right amount of advertising and getting the word out. That there will be a lot of players like myself that want to go back and have some fun. Hell this time I actually have a PC capable of going to sieges lol. Anyways take care all of you. I personally hope it happens. Much love - A long time player

6 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This exactly is why I know a lot of old Aion players like myself would come back. Retail is small because all of us are not playing it and never will. We don't like Retail Aion and what it has become. We'd love to play Classic Aion, though. Just like with WoW, it will largely be a separate community from Retail with little overlap in players. Also you'd be surprised how many players nowadays prefer paying a sub fee to playing F2P games. For many F2P and P2W games are a major turnoff.

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Some people just want a simpler game where they can be casual and just play in their free time. Not everyone wants to be super competitive and that's something that Classic provides that Retail does not. You seem to underestimate the amount of people who just enjoy crafting, rp'ing and just having fun with friends plus other things without the need to be a hardcore player that retail kind of forces on you. Sure there will be PvP in Classic but that is not a serious thing from as it is now its just PvP to PvP just for fun. Maybe 2.7 will bring some type of competitive PvP but elsewhere its just for fun with your friends. Siege was just for fun dredge is for fun

The hope is there is only a small overlap in the retail and classic servers. Most will just want Classic or just Retail

My first post in new forum ,first good job I like new forum a lot more than one old :D

Anyway this post may not really related to classic directly but I don't think we have to destroy any version whatever current or classic. Everyone should stop thinking what's best for everybody. There's no one single solution for everything, just accept diversity and live with it you can't eliminate people who disagree with you. There will be always someone disagree with you.  If current or classic so bad it will fail by itself no need to bash over it. It's NC money who investing in development not you.  Aion should be everything for everyone not just PvE or PvP it shouldn't force anyone to do what they don't want.  Can anyone be happy if you forced them to live with you despite you gave them what you think is best ? Obviously not.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, 2s3456-DN said:

This exactly is why I know a lot of old Aion players like myself would come back. Retail is small because all of us are not playing it and never will. We don't like Retail Aion and what it has become. We'd love to play Classic Aion, though. Just like with WoW, it will largely be a separate community from Retail with little overlap in players. Also you'd be surprised how many players nowadays prefer paying a sub fee to playing F2P games. For many F2P and P2W games are a major turnoff.

I was one of those who preferred to pay a sub over playing FTP Games.  Let's face it, Gaming is a business, just like any other business, and they need to make money.

I always preferred paying up front, as opposed to being nickle-and-dimed to death for doing literally anything in the Game

My feelings are pretty simple.  Current state of retail is awful and should it continue this way, things are going shutdown long before they should were the game treated as it should.  Mismanagement and badly implemented features and now a too-small and toxic community is going means that nothing is getting better.  

Will a classic server kill the regular retail?  Probably, maybe, but here's the thing:  We will get a couple weeks at the very least of some good memories and reliving the old days of how the game was supposed to be, and I'm absolutely down for it.  I've talked to a lot of people who refuse to play Aion in its current iteration who said they'd try classic.  I know a lot of people who bounce around on the private servers and generally those fail not because people aren't interested in those patches, but a big fat TL;DR of reasons that a retail classic server wouldn't suffer.  

I am absolutely fine with putting Aion out of its misery in NA if it means taking a chance on a classic server doing this game in.  The argument regarding 'we saw what a new server did,' and yeah, we did see what a new server in the same patch as the other two servers did.  What classic is, is a virtually different game from what we're playing now, so we really can't say, and I'll still agree with you that it will likely kill the game, but it's fine, as I said, put it out of its misery and we'll get a few weeks of fun times with old friends we haven't seen in awhile.  

27 minutes ago, Shavera-DN said:

My feelings are pretty simple.  Current state of retail is awful and should it continue this way, things are going shutdown long before they should were the game treated as it should.  Mismanagement and badly implemented features and now a too-small and toxic community is going means that nothing is getting better.  

Will a classic server kill the regular retail?  Probably, maybe, but here's the thing:  We will get a couple weeks at the very least of some good memories and reliving the old days of how the game was supposed to be, and I'm absolutely down for it.  I've talked to a lot of people who refuse to play Aion in its current iteration who said they'd try classic.  I know a lot of people who bounce around on the private servers and generally those fail not because people aren't interested in those patches, but a big fat TL;DR of reasons that a retail classic server wouldn't suffer.  

I am absolutely fine with putting Aion out of its misery in NA if it means taking a chance on a classic server doing this game in.  The argument regarding 'we saw what a new server did,' and yeah, we did see what a new server in the same patch as the other two servers did.  What classic is, is a virtually different game from what we're playing now, so we really can't say, and I'll still agree with you that it will likely kill the game, but it's fine, as I said, put it out of its misery and we'll get a few weeks of fun times with old friends we haven't seen in awhile.  

My hope is that the Classic Serves do really, *REALLY* well.  If that happens, maybe NCSoft will kill Retail Aion, keep Classic in, and we'll all get our Aion back for realz...

Archived