Aion Classic

DarkBladeJr-KT

To be honest, there's nothing interesting in 7.7, and also, I doubt 8.0 will do anything to really improve the game.

Im not really playing this patch a lot, and from now on, ill stop completely, and wait for classic. Way better.

And BTW, the biggest opposition to a classic server was always Aly and cheesecake. Why aren't they giving their imput now ?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The success of Aion classic in Korea is huge but I'm looking beyond 2.7 (Which is classic update ends)

I think PvE maps are fine(But some mobs too strong their damage is excessive huge) but the main problem is Eye it's really bad design I failed to use windstream a lot and to escape Asmos you need to use the windstream all time it's not even optional. There's not much of escaping route it should be redesign and make mobs that able to drop keys extend outside Eye too. Treasure boxes should be spawn everywhere even in PvE zone during safe zone turn off.(That's how nobody can camp anyone)

I think Eye should be something luxury like players should take 3 forts for completely safe farming AP and medals and Tia siege should be  1-2 times per week instead of everyday.

Fort losing buff should be PvP defense and resist to CC skills(silence,stumble,stun,slow,root,fear etc) the dominating side can easily kill you even you got PvP attack buff 20%. We don't have a problem for killing  but the problem always they killing us too fast.

I don't like the idea of Aion being big again that much despite the game will be more alive.
It's mean there will be more toxic players, there will be a lot of elite players who think they know better than anybody and insult everyone as noob. But you know you can't change people by ban or forbid them to do certain things they will always find a way to do what they want.

Maybe the best solution is create a lot of servers and make them distance from each other. (yes I'm looking at Hawaii :P)
For me I think community is more important than ping. 

1 hour ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

To be honest, there's nothing interesting in 7.7, and also, I doubt 8.0 will do anything to really improve the game.

Im not really playing this patch a lot, and from now on, ill stop completely, and wait for classic. Way better.

And BTW, the biggest opposition to a classic server was always Aly and cheesecake. Why aren't they giving their imput now ?

Their opposition is that we do not have enough players. Unless old players return I do not see how classic will solve anything other than kill both versions.

Also if classic is f2p that is the ultimate death of Aion West. Because those servers will be full of bots and everyone will again rely on alts to succeed while the average player will still lack.

If it is subscription based then it needs to bring new or returning players to justify it. Also subscription based model lacks the p2w which at the moment keeps the game alive, but not really, p2w in illegal ways (like 3rd party sellers) will drive the game (like it does in our version) and this will make it bad for the average players and the company.

MMORPGs have been around for long enough to know how things will go based on the game aspects (like tradeable kinah or items)

--> The worst case scenario is no new or returning players accumulate and some players from 7.7 move to classic so now we have an empty 7.7 and an empty classic.

I am not against classic obviously, but I will defo skip playing that.

Edit: Keep in mind while reading that i do not read Korean at all so some of the information you are getting from me was from basically my own google translate. I am only level 30 on KR due to being verification locked a few times.

It is what it is. Classic is very much a payment game, Do not let people tell you otherwise. Those that are leveling faster and more frequently than others are paying for the battle pass they are selling candies on the broker. 

Players will do w/e they can for an advantage Example A:

unknown.png

This same player had over 2000 candies less than 6 hours ago. 77k each. Players already have full +10 gear they are running around in thanks to the battle pass + selling cash shop items.

Example B:unknown.png

Note: You do not need to pay to get your pass to level 45 that is just if you want the items ASAP. The left side is the premium reward(basically second subscription). I do not know any Korean and google translate is pretty loose so i am not 100% if you can or can not unlock them through the in-game quests you can do before the season ends which as i understand is monthly.

All in all Aion classic is not what you remember it is a way for NCsoft to make money on nostalgia and that battle pass in my opinion is going to get better and better game breaking items added to the battle pass month over month. Only time will tell but as it stands they are on the fence. The reality is you can still have fun on classic tho in its current form. That is something i can not say for retail at all and have not been able to say for the past year and a bit.

It is not nostalgia for me either since i played on plenty of RU/NA/EU P-servers it is simply just a better version of Aion than current retail. 

Note: The reason why despite me being all for Aion classic i think letting people know the truth is better so we end up getting players that are understanding of what classic is rather than a bunch of people hyped for subscription only classic which is not what NCsoft can provide us with.

P.S awesome new forums no longer will i be blinded by the white/greyish back grounds.

@HealingSquid-KT Yes the Items on the left are the extra ones with the daeva pass but as everyone can see there is nothing that special on the battle pass that isn't for free as well ie the right side. If you buy the right side without doing the quests for it cool but you cannot get them before as you already unlocked them. The left is extra but what do you actually get extra just more pots scrolls candy 9k AP and some high level enchant stones. As a sub only player you can just as easily spend an extra few hours a month (season) to farm up this exact same stuff nothing is really game breaking about it but you are correct they are trying to make money from this. They are trying to boost Aions sales and I don't blame them I have been playing a while and I have managed to hit lvl 43. Honestly how it is there really isn't that much wrong with classic. The people who pay just have slightly more kinah as they do not need to spend on consumables each month and they can spend it on else you can take a few hours more and take that time to gather and craft your own pots its not that bad

All of that is expected, and not at all game breaking or even remotely similar to what the game is now here.

People who pay must have certain advantages and teh ability to grind less/expend less time in the game.

If they are putting things that are sellable on broker, such as amulets, consumable, instance entry scrolls, I think everybody wins with it, because there is not a hard pay wall on anything. 

But the point people need to understand is, even if the game was as much pay to win as is the current version here, it would still be more enjoyable than it is now. The real deep problems with this version have to do with the derping of the classes and pvp, damage algorithm that just doesn't work and will never work, and the almost infinite list of tasks and chores you have to do while barely having any fun. 

2 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

All of that is expected, and not at all game breaking or even remotely similar to what the game is now here.

People who pay must have certain advantages and teh ability to grind less/expend less time in the game.

If they are putting things that are sellable on broker, such as amulets, consumable, instance entry scrolls, I think everybody wins with it, because there is not a hard pay wall on anything. 

But the point people need to understand is, even if the game was as much pay to win as is the current version here, it would still be more enjoyable than it is now. The real deep problems with this version have to do with the derping of the classes and pvp, damage algorithm that just doesn't work and will never work, and the almost infinite list of tasks and chores you have to do while barely having any fun. 

I thought there was going to be a subscription model for Aion Classic.  I hope that's the case, because it means paying up front, as opposed to being nickle and dimed to death for every little thing you do in the game...

I want all of you with the exception of Cheesy and any other old timers like me who are here, to know this comes straight from my heart: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!, lol, He, he, he, he, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! ROFL,  Sorry I can't stop laughing............

This again!!!

ON A SERIOUS NOTE: I'm all for a classic server in NA, but not at the cost of losing the Aion we have now ppl! Despite it's many flaws in todays format Aion is still my favorite game and I'm so happy it's still here for me to play even with the changes after what happened to me which caused me to lose my internet access for the last 6 months. Had I came back and there wrere no Aion I don't think I could have recovered from any of it at all.

So I'll say this again which is in agreement with many others: Our NA community just is not large enough to support a classic server. To introduce one might just cause irreperable damage.

Oh, my above silliness burst free because this is about the 60th time I've seen a topic on this subject since I've switched to my main character Aieryn for reading and posting on the forums which was about 3 years ago. Just FYI.

15 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

P.S awesome new forums no longer will i be blinded by the white/greyish back grounds.

You can read white text in dark blue background? It could at least be like night mode on youtube, easier to read, the dark electric blue is making my eyes ache.

12 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

@HealingSquid-KT Yes the Items on the left are the extra ones with the daeva pass but as everyone can see there is nothing that special on the battle pass that isn't for free as well ie the right side. If you buy the right side without doing the quests for it cool but you cannot get them before as you already unlocked them. The left is extra but what do you actually get extra just more pots scrolls candy 9k AP and some high level enchant stones. As a sub only player you can just as easily spend an extra few hours a month (season) to farm up this exact same stuff nothing is really game breaking about it but you are correct they are trying to make money from this. They are trying to boost Aions sales and I don't blame them I have been playing a while and I have managed to hit lvl 43. Honestly how it is there really isn't that much wrong with classic. The people who pay just have slightly more kinah as they do not need to spend on consumables each month and they can spend it on else you can take a few hours more and take that time to gather and craft your own pots its not that bad

Like i said it is simply a better version of Aion right now so people will accept it but it for many will not be the classic experience they were looking for and giving people the correct information is better then saying OMG classic is back it is so good. I am fine with how it is right now but the coming months will tell what they plan to do with the battle pass. What more do they plan to add to the cash shop? No one can answer this only time will tell.

3 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Like i said it is simply a better version of Aion right now so people will accept it but it for many will not be the classic experience they were looking for and giving people the correct information is better then saying OMG classic is back it is so good. I am fine with how it is right now but the coming months will tell what they plan to do with the battle pass. What more do they plan to add to the cash shop? No one can answer this only time will tell.

Yes I have said this as well but as far as the first looks on the Classic all the negative things that people would say about it are untrue, I am not saying you just more elaboration, I am not a huge fan of Classic it is essentially a time waster for me when I am burnt from the grind of retail. I don't even play it that often it is not also some that that will probably keep me playing when I reach lvl 50 then 55 when it comes. But for the people who are interested in the simpler more casual Aion it is best to tell them everything. Sure they have things to pay for but I mean the company has to make money on the game and if its a decent amount thats more they can put into retail or other titles with the Aion name similar to how they did with BNS. This would be a great thing because I personally have enjoyed the lore of Aion since the start I wouldn't have 3 large Aion tattoo's and tons of stuff in my home if I didn't love this game so much and want to see it continued.

As far as coming to NA I have already said its probably not the best idea currently but just talking on Classic itself its started well and hopefully continues this way, we will see. The fact that there are already people so close to hitting 50 already tells me its not the Classic Aion I remember but it is a better cleaned of version of the same game so I have no complaints all things you can buy are easily accessible in game so again no complaints.

Aloha everybody ^_^

Well I think Aion classic is our success against p2w RNG madness that happening to gaming world.
It doesn't matter if you like or hate classic ,it's just a proof NCsoft step down from p2w full ahead and even Aion will die the future games will not be full p2w like 6.0 anymore.

I using aloha because it symbolized the place I wish to live with nice people or at least I wish our place becoming my idealized place :P

1 hour ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Aloha everybody ^_^

Well I think Aion classic is our success against p2w RNG madness that happening to gaming world.
It doesn't matter if you like or hate classic ,it's just a proof NCsoft step down from p2w full ahead and even Aion will die the future games will not be full p2w like 6.0 anymore.

I using aloha because it symbolized the place I wish to live with nice people or at least I wish our place becoming my idealized place :P

There is still plenty of stuff you can pay for and there is still rng in the game. Many things in the game now you can pay for you can get in the game as well it just takes more time as does the stuff you can pay for in Classic it is essentially the same the only difference is Classic is much simpler with a much lower ceiling so it doesn't feel as drowning that you have to spend so much time where people who can afford to pay outpace you by a huge margin. Aion even in retail isn't really p2w its more pay for convineince of not spending all your time farming a million things you need to be competitive.

Also not to rain on your parade but I am Poly and unfortunately Hawaiian culture has gotten super washed down and isn't even still very true to its roots. I speak fluent even though I am actually from Ngāti Porou in New Zealand. To find people in Hawai'i who actually speak the language is very rare and thats heartbreaking. I cannot tell you how many people who have native blood but know nothing about the culture at all from the place that they live. It is very much a tourist place and thats fine and all, its beutiful as are all of the Polynesian Islands, but you almost get 0 culture there where on any other island its totally different. But hey if all youre after is a pretty island and beach resorts you can find all over the world just the same. Good on ya 

The only reason I brought that up was just because it looks nice doesn't always mean the grass is greener

First I'll answer with Hawaii topic ,I don't really care about original or root culture these evolved within time I only wish to live there because in my idealize people there just a bit nicer than anywhere else in US. There're so much of racism in mainland I believed it's from colonialism era legacy. But we don't want to talk about politics here ain't we ?

I'm not trying to force anyone to be nice because even we have rules and laws and forbid people from doing certain things ,they still do it behind the door. If you want to be bad then who can stop you right ? Sure you're upset but if you don't like just leave or you will lose your sanity and yep enough people left Aion to the point NC had to launch classic.

So yep I already gave my opinion about classic/live already in previous posts. For short I believed NCwest will eventually bring classic to NA/EU not because I said so but because it's successful in Korea lol :D and live server will be no more update just maintenance mode and eventually shut down.

I'm sorry for not caring about live server but I can't care or love a server that you need to afk luna everyday and can't trade anything no skins in shop and all stupid RNG game offering.

I don't blame @Kibbelz at least not entirely because no one can really fix live server everything is just beyond repair.
And yep Aloha :P

56 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

First I'll answer with Hawaii topic ,I don't really care about original or root culture these evolved within time I only wish to live there because in my idealize people there just a bit nicer than anywhere else in US. There're so much of racism in mainland I believed it's from colonialism era legacy. But we don't want to talk about politics here ain't we ?

I'm not trying to force anyone to be nice because even we have rules and laws and forbid people from doing certain things ,they still do it behind the door. If you want to be bad then who can stop you right ? Sure you're upset but if you don't like just leave or you will lose your sanity and yep enough people left Aion to the point NC had to launch classic.

So yep I already gave my opinion about classic/live already in previous posts. For short I believed NCwest will eventually bring classic to NA/EU not because I said so but because it's successful in Korea lol :D and live server will be no more update just maintenance mode and eventually shut down.

I'm sorry for not caring about live server but I can't care or love a server that you need to afk luna everyday and can't trade anything no skins in shop and all stupid RNG game offering.

I don't blame @Kibbelz at least not entirely because no one can really fix live server everything is just beyond repair.
And yep Aloha :P

The only reason I entertained the offtopic remark was because I was drawing a parallel for you just because you think something is better doesn't mean that it is better. I would gladly talk to you in a pm or on the off-topic threads if you really wanted to talk aout Hawai'i as you have likely not lived there and know very little about it. I don't know what you following comment refers too so I will skip it.   e kala mai ia`u ʻike iki ʻoe 😕 

Nothing in Classic is different from retail about the monitization of the game and how its run. The only difference is the game is simpler. Do you really believe when the game stagnates with no more further content that it really could hold up Aion as a whole? Also sorry to break it to the people but 3.X and 4.X is not classic Aion and if the game was to continue to those points besides the fact thats not Classic what then makes it stop from progressing to 5.X onward and just being a total reboot of the game from 0, this doesn't make sense. It hasn't even got to the endgame of what Classic will be in Korea so you can't determine the success of it until it reaches this point and we see what it going to be the long term of Classic.

You are fine to not like the current state the game is in that is why WE as a community need to push to make it better some people sure will love the Classic Aion and that will be enough for them that is fine but it will always be retail carrying Classic never the opposite if it was ever to the point where the opposite must occour the server will be shut down as it is not sustainable. There must be a balance so we all can be happy. Also I swear if Aion shuts down before we get a nyerking fight with Fregion or at least Meslamtaeda I will be so pissed 🤬

Lol wow sorry I reread about "Sure you're upset but if you don't like just leave or you will lose your sanity and yep enough people left Aion to the point NC had to launch classic." and it seems I taunted you over something xD but I actually mean if you mad about NC actions don't keep bashing them NC don't listen to anyone not even Korean players don't waste your time talking  with them your action is louder than words just leave if you don't happy with live or classic. Don't do something that you can't change about it just leave.

"I'm not trying to force anyone to be nice because even we have rules and laws and forbid people from doing certain things ,they still do it behind the door." This one I mean sure we can have rules and everything to control p2w and loot boxes but thing is a company like Blizzard(Overwatch) don't sell loot boxes in China directly but as actually free gift when you buying game currency. it's also a metaphor saying that people that addicted to gambling will keep doing it even they lost everything no lesson or time to stop for them.

I hope my explanation will be at least a bit more clear for you :)
Sorry for off topic I hope we can back discuss on classic now ^_^

On 11/20/2020 at 6:46 PM, Matsukamy-KT said:

Both Aly and Cheesecake have moved on to other games. Cheesecake says she doesn't really care anymore because Arhangelos is right in that their biggest criticism was population issues, and everyone else has taken over pointing out the population issue problem, lol and also, she has been following the Aion Classic drama off and on with popcorn in hand.

20 hours ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

Hey, you know what amazing thing I discovered ? 

How much free time you have when you are not playing Aion.

All I did was run around half sad from missing everyone. Yes Matsukamy I missed you and "The Squid" too During my 6 month internet sabotage, lol. I missed Aion in any form tho and am just happy the game is still here.

And yes like Cheesy I too follow threads like this popcorn in hand, lol.

and I miss you as well Aly!!

Both Aly and Cheesecake have moved on to other games. Cheesecake says she doesn't really care anymore because Arhangelos is right in that their biggest criticism was population issues, and everyone else has taken over pointing out the population issue problem, lol and also, she has been following the Aion Classic drama off and on with popcorn in hand.

Well, the population issues happen bcause the game is bad, and gets worse with each update. They are not really earning many new players. That always has been true, since 4.8 and every update from then on.

It wont get any better with the game as it is now. 

As someone who has played since beta and played religiously until 4.0/5.0 (it's been a while), and has come back to the game every once in a while, the most recent time being today when I redownloaded after curiosity got the best of me, I would 100% come back if there was a classic server available. I don't know what the heck this game is anymore and it is so far gone from the fun game it was in the beginning. If there was a subscription and a cash shop but the content was worth it and worth the effort of grinding, take all my money. Everyone tooting nostalgia--nostaglia sells. The only reason people stopped playing was that the game started sucking. 

On 11/24/2020 at 12:00 AM, GenericUser16366 said:

As someone who has played since beta and played religiously until 4.0/5.0 (it's been a while), and has come back to the game every once in a while, the most recent time being today when I redownloaded after curiosity got the best of me, I would 100% come back if there was a classic server available. I don't know what the heck this game is anymore and it is so far gone from the fun game it was in the beginning. If there was a subscription and a cash shop but the content was worth it and worth the effort of grinding, take all my money. Everyone tooting nostalgia--nostaglia sells. The only reason people stopped playing was that the game started sucking. 

ROFL HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Again. I can't help it!!!

Sorry folks. When We're polluted with posts like this from such....dare I even say it....from such creative names like "GenericUser," I won't even bother with the numbers I find it  very hard to take them seriously. If they indeed have been playing since beta then they have a username ppl like me Aly, Cheese, Moo Moo, Etc, will prolly know. Why not use it?? Hmmmm? Are they ashamed or just a big fat liar? I have to go with the latter in this case. How bout you guys eh?

2 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

ROFL HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Again. I can't help it!!!

Sorry folks. When We're polluted with posts like this from such....dare I even say it....from such creative names like "GenericUser," I won't even bother with the numbers I find it  very hard to take them seriously. If they indeed have been playing since beta then they have a username ppl like me Aly, Cheese, Moo Moo, Etc, will prolly know. Why not use it?? Hmmmm? Are they ashamed or just a big fat liar? I have to go with the latter in this case. How bout you guys eh?

No i agree with genericuser163163 post, i even went to some of the classic private servers. It was great nostalgia to replay through the older version of aion. Wonder what the consensus would be in this community. Those who want to keep playing the current aion vs those who would want to play a classic server.

Archived