Forums

• Aion Team

Hello all,

The forums are back online and we’ve made a few upgrades. In addition to the new layout and a few other backend changes, we also have an avatar gallery for you to select an avatar from.

To select an avatar, head over to your Profile in the upper right and click on your Profile Photo. It will bring up a gallery of images you can use. We’ll add more avatars over time so please enjoy the current selection.

Thank you!

While you are at redoing the forums can we please just have a section for Community Announcements where only the Dev's can start a topic? I know we can use the Dev tracker but having a seperate area just for new news would be nice and make the forums looks more organized. Thanks!

I deleted the toon  Ferk-DN which was the display name for this forum.

It wont let me change it to my only current toon name Furbs-DN.

It says I have to wait 6mths. Surely that can't be right?

Edited by Ferk-DN
11 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

It says I have to wait 6mths. Surely that can't be right?

Unfortunately it is. At least it has always been that way in the past. It would be nice if they had changed that to something more sensible like every 2 months or something.

1 hour ago, Voltric-DN said:

Really like the look of the new forums, but could we please have some theme options in the future? This dark background and stark white text is a little hard on the eyes.

The "new look" is the dark background and white text, I do not see any other change in the layout or work-ability of it.

And the option to have an avatar form pre-selected images, which makes little to no change in the workflow of the forums.

The colour combination is awful.

4 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

You sound bitter.  If you can't see an improvement between this and the boring white on white we had before that's on you.

I see it and it blinds me, if the renovation was just a background colour change they could at least give us the option to opt out of this colour combination. Something like a normal mode and a night mode would have worked ten times better.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I see it and it blinds me, if the renovation was just a background colour change they could at least give us the option to opt out of this colour combination. Something like a normal mode and a night mode would have worked ten times better.

I completely agree with you there; that's what I meant by them adding "theme" options to the forums.  Sorry if I came off a tad harsh in my response. I thought you were being aggressive towards me. 😅

4 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

I completely agree with you there; that's what I meant by them adding "theme" options to the forums.  Sorry if I came off a tad harsh in my response. I thought you were being aggressive towards me. 😅

No I put sarcasm in it, it can't be your fault that they took a decision to make a perma night mode with a bad colour for background. Their main asite is in nightmode because it has black background and white text, but at least that is not he forums and the tesxt is huge and readable.

Anyway I now enter the forums with google chrome and I installed an addon that makes the background creme coloured and at least it doesnt' hurt my eyes, it is even better than the white or gray background, not pretty but it is good with the eyes.

Untitled-1.jpg