Aion 7.7 Dead Game Update!

Majoor-KT

@Kibbelz @Loki First of all, all the players have the right to speak the truth about the game, it's our right! 

Since the realease of the 7.7 patch that it's even in its first week, i had to see a lot of friends quiting the game, IN THE FIRST WEEK! A bunch of people in the LFG complaining about it too.

No AP rewards, we have to wait 30 minutes in queue to ID/AD, just to get 180k AP and nothing else? 

How a new player can farm the new pvp set? I have spent 80M AP just yesterday and got NOTHING, not even a single piece. That reroll system is unfair and a punch in the face of every player.

You guys are always talking about that you can do in the future, but the future never comes, we are still here whitout a chance to complete a pvp set, whitout a chance to win an ultimate transformation because they're impossible to get, unless you pay for it. 2 YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE 6.0 that introduced the tranformations, 2 YEAAAAAARS!

The new quests gives almost nothing of XP, not worthy the time at all. Red Katalam now it's a dead map.

There's nothing worthy, nothing fun to do, everything is to difficult and boring, and also makes no SENSE.

I repeat: I'm watching a bunch of people leave everyday, do something.

Whoever said, "Let's make the souls disappear when they leave Timeless Terrace" should be fired. Full stop. I can't even take a break from farming those stupid souls to go do a pve instance (or go back to Gelkmaros for any reason) without losing my souls progress. Probably the dumbest implementation in several patches.

As I said in another recent topic, I quit on 6.5 and for me not to get one shotted I have to spend 300+ hours grinding. Why would I do that since I can just open Dota or COD, or even another Aion(if you know what I mean), press one button and have the same gear as other players.... it makes no sense.

I started playing Aion on launch, had 25 yo, and a lot of time to spend... i’m now 36 and 0 patience with this crap, and I bet new kids don’t give this game a shot.

I do not know what you guys are talking about but that new gear system seems to be awful. I went to that new map and it looks like Idian Depths only now it benefits zergs more (since it is the end game map, unlike ID that was just a fun map to be in).

So I guess I'll hybernate another patch, lets hope Aion 8.0 is a much bet... (ok I said this wish many times and it never worked so that is where I'll end it)

OK, I just saw a video on what this gear is and boy they are really out of their mind. As if 7.5 wasn't stupid enough that gave the best accessories via pve means and rendered pvp instances utterly useless, now to get the best pvp gear is to do pve and RNG with your AP and if you dare to leave the map all your unused mats are gone!

I knew 7.5 was the worse patch since 6.0 but boy they really went full retard on 7.7

Developers in 6.0 "we want to separate pvp from pve" also developers in 7.5~7.7 "you now get pvp gear through pve means exclusively"

This new update makes me want to quit. Getting tired of so-called "improvement" 😭

Literally gave me a headache after seeing changes in game 4 days after new update. (Tylenol taken)

Letting go of all the time and/or money in game is kind of hard but it might be the time (?)

Probably have to start googling for new game(s). Hope I have enough strength to leave for good. 

I dont really see much improvement.....

1)My main's class still keeps getting nerfed since last patch while other classes get buffed...

2) Forced map if which  might be stuck in there if you want to get the new pvp gear. Mats are gone if you leave the area.... 

3) Morphing  enchantment stones got removed (I hope this was mistake). This needs to be  fixed soon!

4) Everything is bought now by exp marks which is good  but might be annoying for some. Quests are only worth for that and if you  need to get your reknown up.

5)Plat boss cubes

6)Shiny and Dazzling Gemstones still hard to get and still very legion orientated. If you not TOP tier dps, good luck getting at alters,  the new material to craft them.

P.S I saw someone saying that you cant get  the material without prestige, is this true or no?

7)No sigh of improving or increasing the rate for  ult transformation. 

everything in this post is 100000000000000000000000% what everyone is mad about.  @Loki @Kibbelz you guys really need to pay attention to this.   Gear is the most important thing in the game and this new system is complete garbage.   There is no really good way to get AP anymore you guys have already nerfed the hell out of that.   The old maps are dead because no reward really anymore other than XP.  Since you have already made so many adjustments to our version of the game when you look at everything as a whole the state of our version is completely broken.  I know a lot of people that have quit already and many more and probably including myself are going to skip this gear version all together.  IF that makes my game less enjoyable (which it probably will) I'm gone also. 

Ult transforms are still important for those that don't have them so I would keep focusing on the transformation support but you guys need to figure out a way to adjust this random AP rolling BS or reduce the material cost by 90% for the new gear selectable boxes make the souls so they don't disappear when you leave the zone and maybe change the event to not give temporary gear.  I really believe you need to do all of this quickly or this game is done and your small population of players will become microscopic.    

I'm not one to post on the forums because others usually post the message but I really felt like I needed to post about this.

15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

OK, I just saw a video on what this gear is and boy they are really out of their mind. As if 7.5 wasn't stupid enough that gave the best accessories via pve means and rendered pvp instances utterly useless, now to get the best pvp gear is to do pve and RNG with your AP and if you dare to leave the map all your unused mats are gone!

I knew 7.5 was the worse patch since 6.0 but boy they really went full retard on 7.7

Developers in 6.0 "we want to separate pvp from pve" also developers in 7.5~7.7 "you now get pvp gear through pve means exclusively"

That is the main issue with Aion since some years ago. They do A for a while, then they decide was a bad idea so they totally destroy A and they create B. But after some time again they decide it was wrong so they create a new A and erase B. But of course all the people who already did A on the first time, will have to do it again. 

This also happens with paid items on the store. Is a totally bad idea to buy something from people who doesn´t know where their game is going and will probably erase everything soon

17 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Whoever said, "Let's make the souls disappear when they leave Timeless Terrace" should be fired. Full stop. I can't even take a break from farming those stupid souls to go do a pve instance (or go back to Gelkmaros for any reason) without losing my souls progress. Probably the dumbest implementation in several patches.

Totally agree!

I just went there to see how the map was. I got few of those bottle souls and I just wanted to do other stuff. When I checkec, I needed at least 200 of those to get a random box... 200!!??? 

That map supposed to be pvp that finally is just a PvE grinding map with people ganking... I wont say is the worst idea this company had, cause you already had so many awfull ideas. But is really stupid. Idian Depths had something, but this....

And Kibbels, I would totally suggest to you to start looking for a better job.  You can do it. They don´t even give you the information about what they are doing. People asking about the 7.7 and the info you had was that we still had to see a lot of news and wait some weeks, and they just gave you the update info few hours before. One day you were saying "oh. it is too soon to have it. we will have to wait" and a couple of days after that "people, in 10 hs we wil have 7.7". Also. On your list of important issues, RNG was on top. And all this new patch is full of RNG. We now even have RNG in the basic gears. They dont respect you, so why you have to do the work in this way?

I noticed there's some restriction going on in forums.

Like I said many times ago you can't fix problems by pretending they don't existed.
I even think if you closed servers for a month and re-evaluate what to do will be better than fix this fix that without any direction.(Imagine you lost in a maze and keep running randomly and hoping you will find a way out without stop thinking what to do)

NCwest seems in a state of panic ,I think best way to stop the panic is show your stance about classic server stop people argument.
Honestly to players now is only solution. Just make it clear.

3 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

I just went there to see how the map was. I got few of those bottle souls and I just wanted to do other stuff. When I checkec, I needed at least 200 of those to get a random box... 200!!??? 

That map supposed to be pvp that finally is just a PvE grinding map with people ganking... I wont say is the worst idea this company had, cause you already had so many awfull ideas. But is really stupid. Idian Depths had something, but this....

Imagine trying to farm on this map just to have certain legions and people constantly stealing souls from your hard while while you try and solo it. "No warm up" Gaup, Yikes, Rat, etc. they all steal from anyone they see. Then they deny it and gang up on you in the map and LFG > why cant we have total account deletion when being harassed like that @Kibbelz because its a great way to see other people want to not play anymore. 

I am enjoying the 7.7 update.

I agree with the poor rewards on AD, ID etc. needs addressing.

Sure, ditch the AP rewards to stop AFK , but still give those that try something decent. The old enchant bag rush was a decent reward.

I do like the use of XP marks instead of having to farm Blood Marks, Genesis Crystals, Stellium, Titan coins etc.

The new map is a yawn.

Bring back Lakrum fort siege, and make the Titan coin mobs drop something consistent rather than a manastone box every now and then. The things are not that easy to kill, so you need something for your effort. They don't even give decent XP compared to the Shullacks or Balaur weekly mobs.

Why do altar sieges in Demaha still give Stellium rewards?

I enjoy the Lumiel's Transmutation and the Item Collection system, the condense everything down into XP marks was a smart move but they needed to add a lot more XP to the game to make it work plus drastically reduce the kinah cost of XP extractors... EVERYTHING ELSE KINDA SUCKS!

Kinah is impossible to get without AFKing lunaz on 30+ accounts
Ultimate Enchants Stones are almost impossible to farm
Enchant Rates still suck
Combine Rates to get Ulti Xform or Minion are a joke
The whole "Here's a random piece of the new PVP gear, it might not be for your class and it's not tradeable" is a huge jerk troll move
The new Zone is ...well it's just a disaster to say the least
Ultimate Manastones are a pain to gain still and their rates to socket are just dumb
The first event we get week #1 is a troll event with temp weapon that they didn't warn us was temp
Soloing instances is the only way to make progress now, screws over teamwork/community 
Endgame HM instances were already to hard for majority of players, yet they decided to make them even harder
Plat cubics are still impossible to get unless you Prestige, even then their not available for all instances
Housing system is still neglected
Skins are still far too rare
Perma Mounts are unobtainable without P2W
PVP is unbalanced more so now then ever before
Rewards for PVP instances are rubbish
GP reward system makes 0 sense

I could keep going but I think you get the picture... This patch came with 3 shiny new semi okish features...the rest...garbage

5 hours ago, NUMS-KT said:

Imagine trying to farm on this map just to have certain legions and people constantly stealing souls from your hard while while you try and solo it. "No warm up" Gaup, Yikes, Rat, etc. they all steal from anyone they see. Then they deny it and gang up on you in the map and LFG > why cant we have total account deletion when being harassed like that @Kibbelz because its a great way to see other people want to not play anymore. 

It was designed so people with can farm and KS and make themselves feel good about beating those w/o. The patch is fine you just need to understand who it was made for. If you do not like it then move along sunshine.

Idk whats in 7.7 but there is something about it that makes everyone quit. its like a mist , i even dont know what i dislike but it felt like its too much..  -after 10years of playing i think its time to say goodbye.  the devs only doing is changing forum design/launcher design = true issues alot of bugs . pin bugs/map bug/server bug. i think they dont know to fix anything. they just make new weird stuffs to make us think they are doing something. I uninstalled earlier and gonna retire now.

Lol many friends of mine quit along time ago and went back.. They asked me for advice on what things they could do.. told them save your time and energy and reuninstall .. Aion we loved are covered alot by add ons that its now not clear if were trully playing aion anymore. Aion clasic is not a different thing its basically scamming people more and recreating the problems they have once created. 
7.7 arrived but its alot of people are not yet geared well. 
-issues with +15 stigma still not helping free to play players.
-issues with transformation gap still not being assisted for free to play players.

-getting the unwanted minion rank S with useless stat/failing it too much even you used 4pcs. (RNG based upgrading)

-issues with cubic is still not assisted for late players.
-alot more ..
yet they add glyph (with weird luck enchantment even you didnt fail u felt like you did) (random chance of resistance)
new armors with just 40-50 stat gap than the old one (like really who wanna have the will to farm it)
gear collection (cubic is still unavailable for some new comers)

all the devs are just pushing people to pay rather than to play... 

also its true that there is something in this patch that weirdly unattached players to the game.. felt like this is one of the mobile games that i didnt enjoy with or without the auto hunt.

5 hours ago, Yuweh-KT said:

new armors with just 40-50 stat gap than the old one (like really who wanna have the will to farm it)

Right?!?! I got the new shoes and was like WOOOOOOOOOO. Then I +15ed them and compared them to my +15 Dark Talon shoes. A 2% increase. TWO PERCENT?! FOR ALL THAT ZERGING AND RNG?! Naaaahhhhh.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Right?!?! I got the new shoes and was like WOOOOOOOOOO. Then I +15ed them and compared them to my +15 Dark Talon shoes. A 2% increase. TWO PERCENT?! FOR ALL THAT ZERGING AND RNG?! Naaaahhhhh.

Its... actually not that bad. Having the set and full collection makes up for that "tiny" boost in stats on a single piece which will have a big diff in the end.

But other than that, the nerfs we got coming from 7.5, like ap reduction in instances, no drops in open world, no kinah.... yeah does't help a game with a tiny population. Oh and ult xforms? the new normal?

11 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

I enjoy the Lumiel's Transmutation and the Item Collection system, the condense everything down into XP marks was a smart move but they needed to add a lot more XP to the game to make it work plus drastically reduce the kinah cost of XP extractors... EVERYTHING ELSE KINDA SUCKS!

Kinah is impossible to get without AFKing lunaz on 30+ accounts
Ultimate Enchants Stones are almost impossible to farm
Enchant Rates still suck
Combine Rates to get Ulti Xform or Minion are a joke
The whole "Here's a random piece of the new PVP gear, it might not be for your class and it's not tradeable" is a huge jerk troll move
The new Zone is ...well it's just a disaster to say the least
Ultimate Manastones are a pain to gain still and their rates to socket are just dumb
The first event we get week #1 is a troll event with temp weapon that they didn't warn us was temp
Soloing instances is the only way to make progress now, screws over teamwork/community 
Endgame HM instances were already to hard for majority of players, yet they decided to make them even harder
Plat cubics are still impossible to get unless you Prestige, even then their not available for all instances
Housing system is still neglected
Skins are still far too rare
Perma Mounts are unobtainable without P2W
PVP is unbalanced more so now then ever before
Rewards for PVP instances are rubbish
GP reward system makes 0 sense

I could keep going but I think you get the picture... This patch came with 3 shiny new semi okish features...the rest...garbage

Something that irks me is all the currency we worked long and hard to acquire like stelluian, genesys crystals, blood marks etc are all useless now. Sure you can morph it and get a 10% tea or a abyssal exp crystal for it but that is a joke. The only decent transmutation reward on these currency items is the 30 exp marks and good luck getting that it seems the system is rigged I did over 200 transmutations on various characters accounts and never scored this once. Its like another 0.01% bad RNG joke.

This patch is just horrible all around in my opinion no wonder so many are quitting I really lost the motivation that right now involves logging on do my daily routine for an hour and log off till the next day. I don't see how people think this game is really much fun anymore.

1 hour ago, Euphoria-DN said:

I don't see how people think this game is really much fun anymore.

We don't.

KEK

😂😔

I log in to do pve with friends, but that's only because I can do it with friends. If none of that, then I'm off playing Mobile Legends for some semblance of fun pvp and boyfriend is off playing Runescape. Siiiiigh.

I feel parts of the game are still fun others not so much.

I think PvP in this game is rubbish here in NA for a multitude of reasons that have been named time and time again in the forums. I don't mind it in Korea but only when I am home there and not in the US for 1 reason and thats sub 10ms. PvE in this game I actually enjoy it because its with friends and as far as the other maintenace things I personally don't mind it as it is a time waster and to me I like the grind its somewhat theraputic to turn my brain of and just grind after long days at work. I much rather do instances with friends but I don't mind the grind probably why I still play/afk BDO regularly.

The games current state leaves much to be desired but I don't think it is just awful or beyond repair just need a bit of work and I love this game enough to try to put in some of that work to try and change it. I know that falls on deaf ears in the community as well as Devs but I will continue to try on it as this is a game I truly love and wish to see it brought back to a truly enjoyable place.

I do very much enjoy the story of the game as well it is very interesting and I would love to see where it goes going forward. I am kinda tired of being teased I want to see Fregion and Meslamtaeda in game it would just be so cool

On 11/22/2020 at 12:45 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

there will be several events in the future that keeps your Souls when you leave Timeless Terrace.
But they're not a permanent addition, only events

1 hour ago, Lapis-DN said:

there will be several events in the future that keeps your Souls when you leave Timeless Terrace.
But they're not a permanent addition, only events

In the wise words of @HealingSquid-KT:

On 8/14/2020 at 10:11 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

Play-able solutions is the key to repairing Aion. 

Giving us things in events only hurts the game in the long run. People only logging in for events in order to make progress? That's not good for Aion's health. 😔

Archived