Gelkmaros Camps

Arhangelos

Can you do something about the stupid feature that renders the camp useless for TWO HOURS when an enemy has killed the captain? Right now we had an alliance of elyos in KT that came to do their zerg pvp and in the process they also killed all the camp captains.

I would understand it if the enemy won something (renown, XP, kinah, items etc), but they earn nothing other than making the enemy faction unable to use that camp.

We can do this to each other, I can easily go to Inggisson solo and do this as well. But we need a change in these mechanics.

Two hours of the camp being useless is way too much.

This issue needs to be addressed, and soon.  

Before 7.7, when camps gave a few titan coins, it wasn't that big of a deal.  But as the game is currently, you NEED to be able to complete the camps to get enough renown to purchase armor.  And now the opposite factions are killing camp bases just to grief other players.  

Give the renown camp base NPCs insane hit points, or reduce the respawn time to something like 10 minutes or less.

At the moment Gelk KT has 2/5 base camps available.  Pretty disheartening for players just trying to get enough renown to buy a set of pve gear.

5 hours ago, Wondrous-KT said:

This issue needs to be addressed, and soon.  

Before 7.7, when camps gave a few titan coins, it wasn't that big of a deal.  But as the game is currently, you NEED to be able to complete the camps to get enough renown to purchase armor.  And now the opposite factions are killing camp bases just to grief other players.  

Give the renown camp base NPCs insane hit points, or reduce the respawn time to something like 10 minutes or less.

At the moment Gelk KT has 2/5 base camps available.  Pretty disheartening for players just trying to get enough renown to buy a set of pve gear.

They need to simply make the camp be useless for 5 minutes max and that is it. 2 hours is inexcusable. It is so easy to go to the enemy map and kill their camps just to nyerk them off.

I would expect the players in KT to understand that this can be a double side blade and hurt both factions but I am sure here and there an idiot will simply go kill the enemy camp captain just because they can.

If we both keep doing it to each other it will simply be no camps for anyone.

29 minutes ago, Wondrous-KT said:

Not sure why you needed to quote my post when you're not saying anything in response to my post... I literally said 10 min or less and you're saying 5 minutes like it's a huge difference in ideas.  Am I missing something? @Arhangelos-KT

You said 10 minutes or less, I said 5 minutes max is still enough to be irritating. I am not against your post, I am simply adding more info on that even 5 minutes is still enough to be irritating because when it flips to balaur all you have to do is go there by foot to re-flip it instantly, having to wait even 5 minutes is still something to wait for that serves no other purpose other than making you have to be idle waiting for a respawn, while the enemy faction still earned nothing by flipping the camp other than "fun".

I also added to this that the players could simply respect this bad feature and not try to act just to "grief other players" as you said, this feature is bad only because players do abuse it just because they can, even though the enemy faction can do the exact same thing so nobody wins here.

You don't just quote someone if you disagree, you can totally agree and add something, I'll keep in mind your name, I wont' quote you from now on if you do not like it, no shade.

4 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I also added to this that the players could simply respect this bad feature and not try to act just to "grief other players", this feature is bad only because players do abuse it just because they can, even though the enemy faction can do the exact same thing so nobody wins.

Yeah, i wouldn't expect any type of respect in terms of leaving the other faction camps alone.  It only takes one bad apple to start a chain reaction that ruins it for everyone...

Devs need to step in and solve this because there is no reason to kill the camp NPCs other than to grief players.

Archived