How is GP configured now?

Rag-DN

So in the older days it was simple, whoever got the most AP/XP during siege got the most GP for rewards, now days it seems to be different.

I have tried comparing DPS with ppl different and same class, nothing conclusive. 
Tried comparing AP gain per fort...not conclusive 

XP i havn't tried yet but a few ppl have told me it doesn't effect it either. 

So does anyone seem to know?

6 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

So in the older days it was simple, whoever got the most AP/XP during siege got the most GP for rewards, now days it seems to be different.

I have tried comparing DPS with ppl different and same class, nothing conclusive. 
Tried comparing AP gain per fort...not conclusive 

XP i havn't tried yet but a few ppl have told me it doesn't effect it either. 

So does anyone seem to know?

Someone told me it is class based or something, and it is from dps at Dux, anything else is probably obsolete. I haven't been in a siege for the last 1,5 years since I was a governor and during those times it was a race against who kills most guards and does mroe pvp and dps at dux, everything mattered back then and we only had one fortress -> lakrum and then they added abyss but they never collided in time.

3 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Someone told me it is class based or something, and it is from dps at Dux, 

Boyfriend is often the highest assassin dps and usually in top 10 overall dps at Gelk sieges whenever we bother to go. Sometimes he would get max GP, sometimes he wouldn't. So I'm not sure it's class-based. That said, we don't do siege that often anymore (so dreadfully boring), so I'm not sure if it has changed a bit in the past couple months. Although I do recall that one of the top dps overall players on DN-A was not getting max credit as of like two months ago? I don't know, siege is weird now. 😂

It is Class based you have to compare your contribution with people of your same class  just look at Danaria Governor ArialumaDaeva for example doing nothing in siegge just 

waiting in a corner or hiding behind the wall  for elyos to wippe asmos and then just dps the dux  and easy max gp/rewards    since there is no many songweaver in the server i have seen max 2 songweavers in total in siegge  i hope  @Loki @Kibbelz fix this cuz is no fair for others class  .  It is easy to fix you make the  final reward be distributed on the max contributon players no class based 

52 minutes ago, Blyyat-DN said:

It is Class based you have to compare your contribution with people of your same class 

---

i hope  @Loki @Kibbelz fix this cuz is no fair for others class  .  It is easy to fix you make the  final reward be distributed on the max contributon players no class based 

As far as any of my friends know, my #1 fan on their alt account here is right in saying it is (at least as of 7.6) a matter of class competition. The problem with making reward tiers based solely on damage regardless of class is that classes simply can't compete 1:1. As an example, classes reliant on dots would suffer as dots tend to be overridden nearly immediately. Whereas the current system rewards, at minimum, 2/3 of each class with equal reward tiers.

That being said, there was a weird X factor with the reward tiers in the first siege of 7.7; I know gladiators in particular who scored the highest DPS contributions on gates + dux but lost the max reward tier to gladiators who scored lower. @-@ 

4 hours ago, Blyyat-DN said:

It is Class based you have to compare your contribution with people of your same class  just look at Danaria Governor ArialumaDaeva for example doing nothing in siegge just 

Class base seems to not be it. I asked several other gladdies that I marked before sieges and followed during gelk from gate to gate to diety, they had higher dps then me, one of them was 2nd highest dps on both gates plus diety for all glads and he still only got 170gp just like I did when I was much lower then him.

Also I have a chanter friend who keeps getting 600GP at gelk forts but he is not at the top of the meter for the fort seiges.

Thank god that I no longer participate then. This seems like a travesty, one of the most famous afkers in our server is high in ranks. This starts to sound like that coalition farce where everyone took the same rewards just by showing up and doing nothing.

The best thing they can do is make it like Lineage II Hero system where every class gets to have their "Hero" which is the top contributor and then those at top 10 of each class, for a total of 120 transforms. This way SM that rely on dots will not compete against direct dmg classes.

And the contribution should be like qwhat it was, pvp, and pve in the fortress.  Someone also told me guards no longer give GP, back when I did sieges in Lakrum it was mostly the guards that decided who will be the next governor since each guard had 60 GP to give, so 5 guards could give the same GP amount to the maximum GP from winning the fort from Dux.

Archived