So is The Pro tool is a must in Katalam ??

Mystich

You should of seen siege tonight... probably 30% of the KT ppl were flagged on both sides and like 3 ppl from DN. It's getting ridiculous. Myself and several others on DN have started not inviting/kicking people flagged on the meter from world bosses. What's really sad is the other night someone was using ani-hacks right inside Gelk on the test dummies. People were calling them out in LFG and several people went and took screen caps of it and reported them to NCsupport, yet that same player is still running around, still using ani-hax like they own the place.  

I use that DPS meter so I know how it functions, but even I have my skepticisms on it's reliability to "detect" hacking/no-ani.

The implication here is that blue exclamation = might be hacking? And the red exclamation = is hacking? How can the tool possibly make that distinction?

1 hour ago, Aelar-DN said:

I use that DPS meter so I know how it functions, but even I have my skepticisms on it's reliability to "detect" hacking/no-ani.

The implication here is that blue exclamation = might be hacking? And the red exclamation = is hacking? How can the tool possibly make that distinction?

When vandals were first released it would always flag them with an exclamation, I don't know specifics on how it works but I'm assuming it was probably because of the laser skill that used to hit several ticks of damage per second.

My first thought is if it's showing everyone hacking it might be a little off due to an update or something? But idk maybe all the top DPS are possibly hacking. Either way NCSoft won't really do anything. lol

1 minute ago, Lad-DN said:

My first thought is if it's showing everyone hacking it might be a little off due to an update or something?

Nah, few of the people on that list have been hacking for literal years.

Here is how it works:

https://myaion.eu/AnimationSpeed

To summarize, yes, blue is possible; red is definite. If the person has a red exclamation point, at LEAST 10 of their skills have modification. The link I listed (the website of the actual meter itself) also shows how the formula calculates.

Yup. I turned on the meter for sieges both on KT and DN a few times last month and saw how many names were flagged.

I mean really guys? For PvE siege?

The number of players who turned on hacks to rip down a gate... a nyerking gate,  not only confirmed what I already suspected but left me extremely disappointed in my faction.

Then again.. why not? NC has proven they're not willing to punish anyone who uses (ice cream flavor).

r09BUSK.gif

22 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Nah, few of the people on that list have been hacking for literal years.

Here is how it works:

https://myaion.eu/AnimationSpeed

To summarize, yes, blue is possible; red is definite. If the person has a red exclamation point, at LEAST 10 of their skills have modification. The link I listed (the website of the actual meter itself) also shows how the formula calculates.

The link you provided only explains in vague detail how it works, not why it works so it's still unclear how the tool is capable of distinguishing between different variables when it comes to whether or not someone is hacking.

The link you provided only explains in vague detail how it works, not why it works so it's still unclear how the tool is capable of distinguishing between different variables when it comes to whether or not someone is hacking.

I... I mean... ??? You asked:

On 11/30/2020 at 7:23 AM, Aelar-DN said:

The page answers your question about how it distinguishes between red and blue. But ok???

3 hours ago, Aelar-DN said:

I mean, I read the information that was on that link and it is pretty clear on how its configured, and it also gave a buffer zone as to possible server side issues with it needing be a min of 10 skills will show as red. 

And most of them on that short-list the opening post have admitted to hacking anyway. NCwest has said many times before that they will not use a Third-Party program to start an investigation due to it not being what their 'Support' uses to judge to see if someone is cheating. We can send videos of glide hackers and what not because they can literally see the hack in progress, but, other than that it seems to be a hacker fiesta. 

And for some of them, they still end up losing in DPS at forts or losing PVP. 

Punishing cheaters probably will not increase the money on their pockets, so why would they care about it? It's that simple.

If they wanted to do something, they'd have done it years ago. 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people who created these hack tools weren't a nc employee at some point as well.

I mean, imagine knowing that they don't care about stuff like this, and having the inside knowledge to create it... easy money. lol

47 minutes ago, Unbuff-DN said:

Punishing cheaters probably will not increase the money on their pockets, so why would they care about it? It's that simple.

If they wanted to do something, they'd have done it years ago. 

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people who created these hack tools weren't a nc employee at some point as well.

I mean, imagine knowing that they don't care about stuff like this, and having the inside knowledge to create it... easy money. lol

Well there were ban waves throughout the years so I doubt it is anyone on the inside for the cheat program and also it is not just one, there are a few of them plus you can even alter some things on the cheat engine yourself if you know how to search for memories and alter those with injection. The game simply enables the use of these loopholes because they left al ot of things unchecked on server side which they could change at any given time (like if a 3rd party program on a gamer's client can detect animation hack, I guess the server already knows that information far better already and make it possible to not allow for skills to be used much faster than the actual speed).

But everything they ever tried against bots never worked as it seems and all of the changes made to battle bots ended up only hurting actual players ten times more than bots because bots don't care about gameplay, they care about profit and their profit relies on offer and demand, the harder it is for actual players to earn something the more the botters' role increases in worth.

Their problem is they tried to battle bots with game play changes... the real players had to quit because the game became stupid hard to try to play, while the economy became dead due to restrictions about trading/brokering things, while the bots are still here intact.

Archived