Forums

Animal Farm Race Event

Vantheria-DN

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

@Violeta-KT Just sharing that the team's been busy (especially w/ 7.7), nobody mentioned prioritization. I've updated my message to ensure that's being conveyed. We are extremely dedicated to making the Aion experience as enjoyable as possible, and as I mentioned elsewhere, the feedback around this patch is very helpful in assisting us in doing that.

This doesn't really make sense as a viable reason (or even a partial reason) for the bad rewards.

You could have simply took the time to enter rewards that didn't suck. Would have taken just as long. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team
1 minute ago, GenericUser46108 said:

This doesn't really make sense as a viable reason (or even a partial reason) for the bad rewards.

You could have simply took the time to enter rewards that didn't suck. Would have taken just as long. 

Balancing event rewards does take additional time, primarily from the same team members who led the deployment of the Unshackled Fate update. The lead-up period to this event (which gets locked in prior to its deployment) was happening around the same time. Hopefully this helps shed some understanding, and we do understanding the frustration. Discussions about this are underway.

Just now, Kibbelz said:

Balancing event rewards does take additional time, primarily from the same team members who led the deployment of the Unshackled Fate update. The lead-up period to this event (which gets locked in prior to its deployment) was happening around the same time. Hopefully this helps shed some understanding, and we do understanding the frustration. Discussions about this are underway.

You seem to misunderstand what I meant, my apologies if I wasn't clear.
I meant when y'all were deciding what the event rewards were, if you had simply decided to give good rewards instead of the bad ones you ended up going with, there would be no issue. No additional time would be taken. 

• Aion Team

Thanks for extra clarification. I mention time to highlight that making rewards good (but not too good) "does take time", but that's not likely the issue here (I haven't asked about an exact issue/reason). Rather, I'm just acknowledging that when a lot is going on (in general), things can slip.  At the end of the day its an oversight on our part - we should be making sure that events are enjoyed by players, and it seems we may have missed the mark with this one. We'll be discussing the reasons/potential fixes/etc going forward in the days to come, and perhaps following up via a feedback update on this if appropriate.

Thanks for the discussion @GenericUser46108, lemmie know if you have any other questions.

39 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks for extra clarification. I mention time to highlight that making rewards good (but not too good) "does take time", but that's not likely the issue here (I haven't asked about an exact issue/reason). Rather, I'm just acknowledging that when a lot is going on (in general), things can slip.  At the end of the day its an oversight on our part - we should be making sure that events are enjoyed by players, and it seems we may have missed the mark with this one. We'll be discussing the reasons/potential fixes/etc going forward in the days to come, and perhaps following up via a feedback update on this if appropriate.

Thanks for the discussion @GenericUser46108, lemmie know if you have any other questions.

@Kibbelzthe rewards aren't just not good they are god awful.  We have had events where the rewards were bad but this takes the cake.  Its like the ncsoft team doesn't understand how easy it is to get each of those rewards during normal game play.   We have had events where we can afk and get 10x the rewards in just one day.   Its not hard to change something and Ncsoft has shown the ability to change something when they want to or when they deem necessary. Comon this is one of the more fun events and I hate to miss out on it because of crappy rewards.  Log into the game and see nobody is recruiting or even running it that should be enough of a sign that the event needs to change.

5 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

@Kibbelz Just like Devil-KT said, the rewards aren't good they are awful. Ncsoft has gone out of their way to take away merchants before for an event when it was something they didn't like (aka Tias Eye). Your team is more than capable of fixing such rewards and removing merchants in a second. It only matters if they want to. When you say you guys "missed the mark on that one" you mean  it completely went over everyone's head and shows that no one actually plays the game or understands what we actually need/want for this patch. We can complain all we want on forums but at the end of the day, what we say doesn't matter to you guys

12 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

• Rewards that are character locked can never be too doog. We had stormwing which handed us insane rewards for being afk, now we get random ancient manastones.
  • Put ultimate selectable manastone as option
  • Remove the amount per week we can buy on those things
  • That kinah box either gives too little kinah but is not limited on the amount you buy, or gives more kinah and has a limit on the boxes you can buy, but not both limits.
  • The speed people have in Daeva Dash is affected by their class, hence not fair for slow classes, we can't use transforms in there.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:
  • The speed people have in Daeva Dash is affected by their class, hence not fair for slow classes, we can't use transforms in there.

Just a slight correction, but class doesn't affect your run speed in Daeva Dash; sins are specifically excluded from the event's automatic speed buff in the description. Movement speed from shoes and titles will have a (small) effect though.

1 hour ago, Haniya-DN said:

Just a slight correction, but class doesn't affect your run speed in Daeva Dash; sins are specifically excluded from the event's automatic speed buff in the description. Movement speed from shoes and titles will have a (small) effect though.

Oh,ok then I didn't pay attention to the differences per class so I assumed that was what played a part. I guess my 22% speed boots and Aion's Chosen will do me a favor vs those that don't have them.

Archived