Weekly Server Maintenance - December 2, 2020

Arctic

So you NC asked what do I/we think of the changes to Daeva Dash so I say how would I know.  Why not in future provide some info on where it is and any other unknown mechanics like where is NPC as I saw somewhere, that would be helpful to those that don't know, forgot, or can't be bothered. Yes i'm sure I can hunt around for them,  stumble across, google it or someone on forum will be kind enough to advise, but since its your event it is not unreasonable to expect such basics to be covered by NC up front.

19 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Also if you fall to your death at the section after the moving Roots part it puts  you back at the very start of the instance...ALSO not all classes have the same run speed in the instance.

Oh that's fantastic news.  Glad I am part of a legion that won't discriminate against me if my main is inherently slower. 😝

1 hour ago, Valedia-DN said:

so many angry post about this event and yet yall still cant stay away from it...as gamers i guess at times e all hunger for something to do...just know you boys n girls doing the event is sending a bad message to ncsoft???...

Pretty sure hardly anyone is running it. Last night each time I checked legion list/friends list, no one was in that event. I haven't run it a single time. I don't see lfg groups for it.

pardon my ignorance of this event but if everyone of the (I guess) 3 chars x 2 teams involved are afk how does it end? if nobody cares about the play just the reward I'll take a chance on it, and will even have a go at the play, assuming I won't be kicked or abused for not knowing better at what I attempt

not important just curious as  i don't think i'm going to find out personally anyhow  in the next few weeks with my fly in/ fly out job to Darwin resuming in 30 hours instead of from home so bye bye high speed cable for a week, and then on return it's drive up to Brisbane QLD from Sydney NSW (930km/580m) if the borders stay open till end of year..so then with lots of kids, swimming pool/beaches, BBQ's , high temperatures (hopefully no major bush fires this time), etc there will be little or no Aion, no loss for me on that last aspect... anyway hope you all please have an enjoyable,  great, safe and rewarding  end of year :) bye for the now and cheers

2 hours ago, skythee-DN said:

pardon my ignorance of this event but if everyone of the (I guess) 3 chars x 2 teams involved are afk how does it end? if nobody cares about the play just the reward I'll take a chance on it, and will even have a go at the play, assuming I won't be kicked or abused for not knowing better at what I attempt

The timer ends in 10 minutes, it might end sooner only if everyone finishes, if people are AFK it will end by the time.

I also assume if nobody gets points they both get the losing rewards (this is how it used to be)

On 12/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

Someone needs to tell me where Dalishunerk npc is for exchanges, the site says nothing.

You enter it like a dredgion/pvp instance using the queue application. The rewards npc is in your faction main town, gelkmaros fortress for you (i have been to gelk fort only briefly, like 20 sec before i was killed, so i didn’t really have time to look)

I am considering to invest in building my first desktop...

1-what type of blue case i need with most of the usb ports in the front but not mandatory?

2-what type of blue colored motherboard i need?

3-amd or intel processor?

4-best but not most expensive graphics card?

7 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

You enter it like a dredgion/pvp instance using the queue application. The rewards npc is in your faction main town, gelkmaros fortress for you (i have been to gelk fort only briefly, like 20 sec before i was killed, so i didn’t really have time to look)

Yeah i found that a few moments after i posted this. I couldn't find the npc which is where the pumpkin npc was.

@Kibbelz, and whomever else may be interested. There's something screwy about the way points are earned in this competition.  Last evening my team completed the animal race within the time limit, while one of the opposing teams' members never left the starting gate. Even though all three of us crossed the finish line well before the timer ran out, we did not receive the highest score and lost. We are left to assume one of the other teams' party members reached the key points of the race first, earning them enough points to take the lead. This seems a tad flawed to say the least. I don't think it should be possible for a team to win a competition if one of their members refuses to even participate.

8 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

@Kibbelz, and whomever else may be interested. There's something screwy about the way points are earned in this competition.  Last evening my team completed the animal race within the time limit, while one of the opposing teams' members never left the starting gate. Even though all three of us crossed the finish line well before the timer ran out, we did not receive the highest score and lost. We are left to assume one of the other teams' party members reached the key points of the race first, earning them enough points to take the lead. This seems a tad flawed to say the least. I don't think it should be possible for a team to win a competition if one of their members refuses to even participate.

if its based on points and not the amount of players finishing the race then it doesnt matter if 3 of ur members finished and 2 members of the other team finish...you must understand in some races the winner can be based on how much points and not so much who crosses the finish line first...

45 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

THIS MAY NOT BE THE CAUSE...

But when this event had its previous iteration, people could hack to finish the race first. I assume this glitch had been fixed, but maybe it wasn't. 

2 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

You get points by passing through the different stages, the first person to pass a point get far more points than the second or the third etc. So the person who passes from the way points first has a big advantage all he needs is his teammate to do some points and they might win.

After all this also enables the team play some times people make sure their first one stays in front by using their skills on the guys behind them.

I also won a match where the enemies were 3 and we were only 2, but I finished first, one elyos finished 2nd and my friend finished 3rd, so we got plenty of points.

16 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Yeah i found that a few moments after i posted this. I couldn't find the npc which is where the pumpkin npc was.

I just don’t read the forum as often as before, because I cannot see anything on a dark blue background, looks like all the text is mixed up, topic titles don’t distinguish from a regular text, it’s very uncomfortable.

41 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

I just don’t read the forum as often as before, because I cannot see anything on a dark blue background, looks like all the text is mixed up, topic titles don’t distinguish from a regular text, it’s very uncomfortable.

I had the same issue and I stopped entering the forums for like a week after that change until I made a thread asking if it is possible to change that awful colour combination, someone told me about addons so I tried to change the background colours but in mozilla nothing worked, so I now use chrome exclusively for aiononline forums and that addon changes the background to a creme colour with black text because so far it is the only addon that worked.

This is how I see your post.

2020-12-06-12-21.png

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Gabby baby i understand completely about not being able to see certain text based on certain colored background and ive been playing games on a laptop for 100000000000000000000000000000000000 years but i never thought to use my smart tv as the monitor and after viseris explained to me how to do this i must say i can see every text especially on the ulti gear tool tip and pretty much everything since and my font size is still at 75 to 80 and the valedia is very happy with this...i cant say im against the blue colored background since blue is my fave color  but that being set aside even if blue wasnt my fave color the new forum color scheme isnt bad at all but ofc difference of opinion always plays its part so good luck and i hope u gain your happiness...

Edited by Valedia-DN