Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Hime said:

Correct.

Your Luna will remain intact and unaffected by the merge.

Nay. You should have everything as is. The broker may be reset as we are consolidating servers so if you have listed items, it should return to you via mail. The potential strange issue would be Account Warehouse if you have two characters with full Account Warehouses on different servers being merged together. Either way, there shouldn't be a loss of items and you will have them in some form if there are conflicts.

If anyone is worried about items disappearing they can move their important items to their personal inventory, just so you don't have to wait on Support.

I really hope that people that have had a mansion or better, perhaps for six months or longer, will be getting a permanent item that eliminates soul sickness or at least a year long admin boon.  I've had a mansion/estate almost continuously since housing was introduced.  At least in the beginning after merge  I expect all of the mansion or better housing to go for quite inflated prices.  Likely it won't be until some of those players leave the game and their houses get repossessed that I will finally be able to afford a mansion again.

I have some questions.

1. What will happen to our floors and wallpapers after we lose houses? Especially with those crafted in Luna? Will they be put to our house warehouse? You guess they have some value that cannot be defined exactly in kinah.

2. Will a new patch start after the merge or the old one continues?

When I would move into a new house, I would lose my wallpaper and flooring.  It would not be in the housing inventory.  All furniture and such would be.

I don't expect them to remain on merge, I would suggest checking your luna craft and making new ones just in case, as I have.

2 minutes ago, MlnakoAino-TM said:

When I would move into a new house, I would lose my wallpaper and flooring.  It would not be in the housing inventory.  All furniture and such would be.

I don't expect them to remain on merge, I would suggest checking your luna craft and making new ones just in case, as I have.

Hmm, don't you think we spent lots of days and weeks of daily Luna to craft these wallpapers and floors!? They used to be 80-100mil kinah on the broker, now they are 20-30 mil when the economy of Aion has generally decreased, you know it's expensive! I have 16 houses, most of them with Luna wallpapers and floors, it sucks to lose them without a compensation!:( Well, I would only forgive it if you give us scintillating drinks such as were in Ice Hot event - Manduri Sour, Blue Atreia and others!! You didn't do this event in 2016 and 2017,  didn't put them to Luna, didn't put them to BCM!:( They are untradeable,  so they're totally unavailable for toons  of 2 years old and younger!! :( That frustrates me so much! How can I record a good video when some of my green or violet/blue toons in a group don't have these drinks?! These scintillating cocktails only work on Chanters or in a Chanter's group, so I had to create many additional toons-Chanters after creating my mains of most classes, to have a company so my non-Chanter mains could shine, now some of these Chanters can't have scintillating drinks for themselves!!  :(  Also you stopped selling the skin "Devill's Horns" without a warning (they weren't marked as "rotation") and I was so frustrated when I wanted to buy a new helmet for one of my toons! I had to refuse from the new helmet because the (one-time) skin became totally unavailable and there's no other skin that would work instead of it!! :( Why do you stop selling stuff that doesn't cost you anything, that already exists, that could bring you more money if you just continue selling it and not breaking our expectations?? You do stupid things, I've had so many disappointments lately!! :(  

20 minutes ago, Avulcron-SL said:

What will our temporary names look like, in general?  What would happen if I didn't use my name change and tried to, well, keep the temporary name?

They will look like name+server of origin. Like, AvulcronSL. If you stay with that name, that will be ok. You will have the free name change ticket rotting in your inventory though. :P

Unless that was for legions. If that is not the case, your name will be a combination of random numbers and letters. That is usually how they deal with conflicts in names.

7 hours ago, Heliosgolden-SL said:

Hmm, don't you think we spent lots of days and weeks of daily Luna to craft these wallpapers and floors!? They used to be 80-100mil kinah on the broker, now they are 20-30 mil when the economy of Aion has generally decreased, you know it's expensive! I have 16 houses, most of them with Luna wallpapers and floors, it sucks to lose them without a compensation!:( Well, I would only forgive it if you give us scintillating drinks such as were in Ice Hot event - Manduri Sour, Blue Atreia and others!! You didn't do this event in 2016 and 2017,  didn't put them to Luna, didn't put them to BCM!:( They are untradeable,  so they're totally unavailable for toons  of 2 years old and younger!! :( That frustrates me so much! How can I record a good video when some of my green or violet/blue toons in a group don't have these drinks?! These scintillating cocktails only work on Chanters or in a Chanter's group, so I had to create many additional toons-Chanters after creating my mains of most classes, to have a company so my non-Chanter mains could shine, now some of these Chanters can't have scintillating drinks for themselves!!  :(  Also you stopped selling the skin "Devill's Horns" without a warning (they weren't marked as "rotation") and I was so frustrated when I wanted to buy a new helmet for one of my toons! I had to refuse from the new helmet because the (one-time) skin became totally unavailable and there's no other skin that would work instead of it!! :( Why do you stop selling stuff that doesn't cost you anything, that already exists, that could bring you more money if you just continue selling it and not breaking our expectations?? You do stupid things, I've had so many disappointments lately!! :(  

Riiiiiiiiiight.  Because it's completely necessary to own 16 houses.  I can't begin to imagine why housing costs on Siel are so ridiculously inflated.  

8 hours ago, Bryos-TM said:

They will look like name+server of origin. Like, AvulcronSL. If you stay with that name, that will be ok. You will have the free name change ticket rotting in your inventory though. :P

Unless that was for legions. If that is not the case, your name will be a combination of random numbers and letters. That is usually how they deal with conflicts in names.

Nope! Lookie (from the first post)..

On 8/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: What will happen to my name?
Unfortunately, all names will be reset. Originally, we anticipated the characters names to take after the server abbreviation, but that is no longer the case. All character will be assigned a temporary name, and all characters will receive a Name Change ticket so their names be can reacquired on a first-come, first-served basis. We will work to mitigate cases of identity theft, so please avoid taking names that you have not used previously and do not take a name from another active player. If you feel a name has been taken from you, support will be handling the requests.

Character Name Change and Legion Name Change tickets will be temporarily unavailable starting on October 4. They will be made available sometime after the merges.

So our names will be reset to gibberish, like when someone transfers and their name is already taken. As to the question, can we keep them.. sure. BUT.. the name is technically illegal. I'm trying to remember what happened to a friend that couldn't decide on a new name after a transfer. There were things he couldn't do with the gibberish name. Seem to recall that he couldn't be invited to a group or something of that nature. So you can stay with the gibberish name, but you really won't want to.

33 minutes ago, Seniya-SL said:

Is anybody having the same problem. like the game keep saying that it disconnected from servers? I did file repair and it still say the same thing.

It's Wednesday. The day we do Maintenance. Post for it is in the same section of the forums as this thread. 

HERE.

12 minutes ago, Azeriah-SL said:

Can we get a definitive answer as to how cases of identity theft will be handled?  Is there anything we can do ahead of the merge to help prevent / authenticate claims of identity theft?

It would be helpful to know what criteria Support is going to use to determine who owns a name.

Keep in mind that it isn't just someone trying to be a potato and stealing someone else's name. There will be cases where two players appear to have an equal claim to a name. 

8 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

It would be helpful to know what criteria Support is going to use to determine who owns a name.

Keep in mind that it isn't just someone trying to be a potato and stealing someone else's name. There will be cases where two players appear to have an equal claim to a name. 

I'm out of town for work all next week - I have a feeling all my names will be gone :-( Not due to identity theft, just because they're all amazing :-D

Having just returned to play and not experienced prior merges, I find myself dazed and confused.  I have opposing factions on IS and TM servers and if I understand correctly I need to choose which faction/characters I will lose. One of my concerns is what will happen to warehouse items/currency of opposing faction to be deleted at time of merge?  Should I start transferring items/currency to characters I plan to keep?

52 minutes ago, Alysara-IS said:

Having just returned to play and not experienced prior merges, I find myself dazed and confused.  I have opposing factions on IS and TM servers and if I understand correctly I need to choose which faction/characters I will lose. One of my concerns is what will happen to warehouse items/currency of opposing faction to be deleted at time of merge?  Should I start transferring items/currency to characters I plan to keep?

You won't be losing any characters.

For the last month plus, we have been offered free transfers in order to move characters that will be in conflict after the merge. At first they were restrictive (limited kinah and GP), but those restrictions were loosened for the past several weeks allowing characters to take unlimited kinah and up to 500k GP. The merge is next week, so transfers are closed, I believe. Since you didn't take advantage of the pre-merge transfers, you will need to wait until after the merge.

So what will happen in your case is that the day you login after the merge, you will still have access to your conflicted characters (i.e. characters on the same server but in different factions). Free transfers will be offered -again- but with the tighter restrictions (1 billion kinah limit and something like 7k GP). You will need to go to the Store page, select Account Services (light blue rectangle in the middle of the page) and transfer the conflicted characters to the other server. You just need to chose which faction will remain on the new IS/TM/KR merged server and which faction will be transferring to the SL/BR merged server.

There is no need to delete any characters.

Your items will remain with the characters that are transferring. Their inventory, personal warehouse, storage pets and cabinets will remain in tact and will be on their new server when they arrive. The transferred characters will, however, have to leave their legion and you will need to make sure they have nothing on the broker or in the shared account warehouse spaces on the date that they transfer.

If you chose not to transfer any characters, we are told that NCSoft will select which characters are transferred without your input, but you have a good long while to transfer them yourself.

Just now, Daeyn-SL said:

Let me get this straight? I'm going to lose my house!!?? So not happy....took me a long time to get the house I wanted and where I wanted it. 

Yes. Everyone is losing their houses. The houses will go on auction again on the new merged server. You can re-bid on your perfect house there.

Archived