Jump to content
Cyan

Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Recommended Posts

Aly-DN   
Just now, Daeyn-SL said:

Let me get this straight? I'm going to lose my house!!?? So not happy....took me a long time to get the house I wanted and where I wanted it. 

Yes. Everyone is losing their houses. The houses will go on auction again on the new merged server. You can re-bid on your perfect house there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nanini-TM said:

After the merge when the auction will open?

Please read Cyan's posts before posting questions that he may have already answered.

On 8/9/2017 at 7:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: What will happen to my house, mansion, estate, and/or palace? 
The housing auction and bidding will close on September 27. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nanini-TM said:

As far as I remender this date wasn't changed since the merge was planned to september. That's why I'm asking.

If you would read the post you would know that the paragraph was updated. Even if he forgot to update the last sentence,, they don't know an exact date, as implied before. There is no point asking at this time, maybe after server merges.

Edited by SacrificialPower-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SacrificialPower-SL There's also no point for being rude when you're not even a moderator yourself. Nobody is pushing you to answer a simple question dude. You should really go outside and take a breath to relax.

And If you like to pretend you're a moderador by acting this stupid with other users i am sorry to say but you suck at it, and counting by the numbers of your posts you're literally a failure so you better be rude somewhere else.

@Vantheria-IS If people have to deal with someone like this everytime they need help, nobody will come here. I just asked because I wanted a perspective since who are interested in housing will need to prepare for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not pretending to be a moderator, you can see that it says Daeva under my name. I'm just trying to be helpful and reduce spam. I'm not being rude either, I wasn't even offensive.

I'm sure Cyan knows that he needs to post an exact date for when housing opens. Like I said, they probably don't know when they will reopen it, you should ask after the server merges are done if Cyan doesn't provide an answer within a reasonable amount of time. This is probably the answer will you get from him. Cyan is probably busy, don't cause drama over my answer to your question.

Edited by SacrificialPower-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nanini-TM said:

You were rude until you edited your post. But thats okay, I'll wait till the merge comes or cyan comes to give a more precise answer.

(Not Cyan/Hime/NCsoft) The soonest would probably be Oct 18th, but I doubt it'd be that early considering how out of whack everything is gonna be for the first couple weeks post merge. :/ They gotta make sure people are reimbursed what they spent on their house + 3 weeks(?) maint fees first.

That said, I hope this helps with dealing with the people who have 8+ houses, forcing them down to a more reasonable number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nanini-TM said:

Thank you @Cheesecake-IS I doubt it will be so early also, thats why I asked, just to be sure since I'm really interested on the housing side.

I imagine everyone is really interested in the housing aspect - and anyone who doing anything other than AFK in Norsvold/Iluma will want an Estate or Mansion to avoid soul sickness.  What concerns me obviously, is that there is not enough housing for active players.  So unless they increase housing, add extra channels, make housing account wide, etc...  they're going to have to offer something else to enable active players to avoid soul sickness.  A one hour admin boon isn't going to cut it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
Just now, Jaimie-BR said:

I imagine everyone is really interested in the housing aspect - and anyone who doing anything other than AFK in Norsvold/Iluma will want an Estate or Mansion to avoid soul sickness.  What concerns me obviously, is that there is not enough housing for active players.  So unless they increase housing, add extra channels, make housing account wide, etc...  they're going to have to offer something else to enable active players to avoid soul sickness.  A one hour admin boon isn't going to cut it.

 

Or.. we are all going to die. A lot. In PvP. In PvE. It's going to really really really suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Or.. we are all going to die. A lot. In PvP. In PvE. It's going to really really really suck.

I would even be willing to buy the 30 day admin boon from the BCM, but unless I'm blind, that's been removed?  I hope they have some sort of a solution for this.  I know that people are concerned about names, legion names, faction conflict, etc... But the only thing that I have been thinking about is the fact that I won't own a mansion/estate and I'm not going to be playing much if I'm going to have to deal with soul sickness all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
4 minutes ago, Jaimie-BR said:

I would even be willing to buy the 30 day admin boon from the BCM, but unless I'm blind, that's been removed?  I hope they have some sort of a solution for this.  I know that people are concerned about names, legion names, faction conflict, etc... But the only thing that I have been thinking about is the fact that I won't own a mansion/estate and I'm not going to be playing much if I'm going to have to deal with soul sickness all the time.

Right there with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyan   

Hi all,

We don't yet have an exact date for when housing auctions will be opening. We are looking at about 3 to 4 weeks after merges happen. We want to make sure the servers have stabilized before opening them. We will be announcing the date one week in advance before they are opened. 

Any housing items you purchased from the store, and lost due to the merge (such as the wallpapers or other housing consumables) you can contact our support department and they will assist you with restoring those items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyan

I was curious with the merges coming, when those of us who own homes can expect to get our money returned to us for the cost of what we paid.  
Any idea on how housing refunds will work, and when they will be distributed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi all,

We don't yet have an exact date for when housing auctions will be opening. We are looking at about 3 to 4 weeks after merges happen. We want to make sure the servers have stabilized before opening them. We will be announcing the date one week in advance before they are opened. 

Any housing items you purchased from the store, and lost due to the merge (such as the wallpapers or other housing consumables) you can contact our support department and they will assist you with restoring those items. 

Thank you @Cyan for clarifying about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so, i have too much work to find a possible name for my char and merge will change name and force me to find another....

GREAT !!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
14 minutes ago, Voyetra-TM said:

so, i have too much work to find a possible name for my char and merge will change name and force me to find another....

GREAT !!!!!!!

Not necessarily. When you login, your character name will be gibberish. Try to reset it using the name change ticket in your inventory to the name you did so much work to find. If someone has already taken it and you believe you should own it (if you are both under 65, then you are the higher level.. if you are both 65+, then you created your character before the other player who has the name now), submit a ticket to Support. You would only be "forced" to change your name if someone else had a stronger claim to the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taha-DN   

this isnt about housing and ive never sucessfully got a enter into it either but, how is the merge gonna effect the panesterra seige, are they gonna allow 200 ppl to enter per server to keep things normal 100 at each or will there be a massive change to that seige?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×