Forums

Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2017 at 7:45 AM, Prinz-SL said:

I really hope that people that have had a mansion or better, perhaps for six months or longer, will be getting a permanent item that eliminates soul sickness or at least a year long admin boon.  I've had a mansion/estate almost continuously since housing was introduced.  At least in the beginning after merge  I expect all of the mansion or better housing to go for quite inflated prices.  Likely it won't be until some of those players leave the game and their houses get repossessed that I will finally be able to afford a mansion again.

Actually, one way to "fix" this would be to upgrade the buff you get from housing to include the "no soul sickness" buff at all levels - including studios and houses.  This would really increase my enjoyment of aion over being back to having soul sickness after six years(?) of having a mansion/estate.

12 minutes ago, Brace-SL said:

"October 25: Free character transfers resume for a limited period to resolve faction conflicts."

Hello! how do I go about for a free transfer? thanks in advance

Go here and select "Buy Now" under "Paid Character Transfer". Ignore the "Paid" part, it will be free as Cyan said.

Just now, Bryos-TM said:

Go here and select "Buy Now" under "Paid Character Transfer". Ignore the "Paid" part, it will be free as Cyan said.

thank you! unfortunately, when I selected my character it said: "Transfer Not possible: Please select a different character." I followed step 3 to double check and yet still not available =/ trying to transfer from SL to IS... maybe this option already expired ?:( 

On 8/9/2017 at 6:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them?

Free server transfers are now available for players to transfer characters to avoid faction conflicts. You will be able to transfer from any server to Siel, Israphel, and Tiamat. Transfers to Beritra and Kahrun will not be available. We have temporarily removed the Kinah limitation and increase the GP cutoff to 500,000 so players can move over their higher level or main characters. The level 25 requirement will remain in place regardless.

There is a limit each week on how many characters can queue for a transfer so please plan out in advance how you would like to arrange your characters, and most of all, we ask that you please avoid transferring characters unless it is absolutely necessary to avoid faction conflict.
Character creation and character transfers will be temporarily disabled on October 4 in order to stabilize the character database prior to the merge.

After the merges, players will faction conflicts will be able to continue playing their characters with the conflicts for server weeks. We will shortly resume free character transfers for faction conflicts for a limited time. These transfers will retain the unlimited Kinah, however the GP restriction will be lowered back down to the 7k. Once this transfer period has ended, the remaining active accounts with faction conflict will be force-transferred and the standard character transfer limitations will be implemented. If your characters are force-transferred, we will not be able to honor requests to transfer them, so please make sure you take advantage of the free transfer queues while they are available.

I have an Elyos on IS and Asmo on both TM and SL. How will the "Force Transfer work? Are you going to make me delete one of my characters? If so, what compensation will I receive? A previous merge happened and at that time you made all conflicts like this force change to the faction that had the oldest created character.  Since my Sin on TM was the first created on this account is Asmo would I then be forced to change to Asmo on my IS elyos toons? 

Please clarify what is going to happen if forced transfers can't work. Thanks

3 hours ago, Nesmai-IS said:

I have an Elyos on IS and Asmo on both TM and SL. How will the "Force Transfer work? Are you going to make me delete one of my characters? If so, what compensation will I receive? A previous merge happened and at that time you made all conflicts like this force change to the faction that had the oldest created character.  Since my Sin on TM was the first created on this account is Asmo would I then be forced to change to Asmo on my IS elyos toons? 

Please clarify what is going to happen if forced transfers can't work. Thanks

Probably they will choose by their own wich ones they will move to the other server.

This is a very hypocritical. You say "first come first serve". Then go on to say action will be taken against "identify theft". Are you kidding me??? The whole point of first come first serve is whoever logs in and claims the name first, gets it. No crying over names. We are suppose to be making a fresh start with names because of the merge. How is it right to punish people for being faster???  Not to mention unless we have a personal record of all players on our server, how can you call identify theft? That's a HUGE accusation that you can not back up. Whoever wrote this really needs to go back to school and stop contradicting themselves and making threats based on nonsense. ??

I know there are probably thousands of previous players that left this game and never came back. And it is supposed to be a fresh start for everyone. 

"First come first serve" pfffttt sure

19 hours ago, GenericUser4726 said:

This is a very hypocritical. You say "first come first serve". Then go on to say action will be taken against "identify theft". Are you kidding me??? The whole point of first come first serve is whoever logs in and claims the name first, gets it. No crying over names. We are suppose to be making a fresh start with names because of the merge. How is it right to punish people for being faster???  Not to mention unless we have a personal record of all players on our server, how can you call identify theft? That's a HUGE accusation that you can not back up. Whoever wrote this really needs to go back to school and stop contradicting themselves and making threats based on nonsense. ??

I know there are probably thousands of previous players that left this game and never came back. And it is supposed to be a fresh start for everyone. 

"First come first serve" pfffttt sure

Totally agree with you. If they kept a record of names used for toons, then they should allow us to view the names in our account screen. I barely remember half of the eight toons I created. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, Cyan said:

The Kinah from losing your house will be distributed during the maintenance for the server merge. So when you log in, you should see all that Kinah.

How will this work? I heard some people got nothing despite forking out lots of kinah. Is this an ongoing process like high level players will receive their compensation first and the rest will be distributed as the week goes by? Oh by the way please check your messages.

17 minutes ago, Zib-DN said:

why u sent only 1 name change ticket? we have so many accounts .

EVERY single character got a ticket. Check your inventory for it.

2 hours ago, Lexxiel-DN said:

What happens if I forgot my toon's name. Is there a way to retrieve or do I create a new name?

If you do not remember it, and do not wish to keep the gibberish name, just use the ticket and get a name you like. If you accidentally get someone else's name and they take it the bad way, just talk with Support. they might give you another ticket or something. :P Regardless, if you forgot its name, you didnt play it very often, so...

Archived