Forums

Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team
3 minutes ago, Hockney-SL said:

So you guys gonna open the xfer from BR?

Yes, transfers will be open from BR to other servers on August 16. You will not be able to transfer to BR.

3 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

So hoping we have a say in just which conflicted character goes where.

Mhm, that's why they should give free transfers before the 20th september only to those who will face faction conflicts.

It will give those facing issues enough window to make that kind of decisions.
(And let's be honest, people who don't have time in an entire month to move characters probably won't care as much as active players).

- Disclaimer: following pictures are from Gameforge - 

ceb1aed2b55f9f4dbdf70c531378dfb8.png

6f7c034d2bff7d67f7af89e136641bcf.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I really like the solution offered in these images

tl;dr

• server transer only for affected characters (free of charge)
  • forced transfer after a certain time has passed
  • abillity to change once more if unhappy with forced transfer
  • e-mail and ingame message whether you have a faction-conflict issue

Q: What will happen to my house, mansion, estate, and/or palace? 
The housing auction and bidding will close on September 6. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October.

Not very nice! I paid 12 millions for my house and now I will get that plus 1200 kinah back, which are just nothing compared to what I paid in maintenance for so long! Plus at the moment that amount of kinah is laughable! well if you wished people leave the game, this will make them to think about it. Merging in the way you propose....paying for transfer, wont help either. The right and cleaver thing would have been to make just one server now than later, but, of course, you will do that later to get more money. I start to be really sick of what you are doing to what was a very nice and enjoyable game.

Just a suggestion for where there are faction problems:

1. Assign the faction of the highest character as the main.

2. Force-transfer the illegals to a temporary 3month server called "Limbo".

3. Make a tradable server-transfer ticket (like plastic surgery ticket) that, when clicked, puts it in the account warehouse of the faction and server of the account holders' choosing.

4. This way, players can resolve server-transfers in their own fashion at their own time without all the bitching. Any people with a ridiculous number of alts will have to work to resolve their choices in a reasonable fashion.

NOTE: This could become a legit way for people to xfer kinah across faction and server (using the transfer tickets as currency), and you know what, maybe that would be a good idea rather than just relying on the kindness and reputation of strangers...

Just my two cents. I consolidated over a year ago, so this doesn't affect me, but players who switch back and forth all the time will be pissed off regardless of what you do (even though it's their own fault for making so many toons in the first place).

Also - thank you for communicating this well in advance! It's over a month, and that's about 3 weeks more than I expected!! =)

Why not consider making one big server instead of 2 smaller ones that will have to be merged in the near future? Lets face it, there are not many new players joining this game these days, and many old players have and will in future move on to newer games. Many may check back in from time to time to see how the game is going then quit again.  The only time there could be an overpopulation problem is during AFK events when most log multiple accounts for free stuff. Sure you might lose a little income because some aren't spending on multiple servers, but Im sure you guys will remedy that with more P2W content since you are already on that path anyways.

It would sure save you and the playerbase a lot of hassle in the future

On 8/9/2017 at 5:07 PM, Cyan said:

"...you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees."

I dont believe this compensation to be fair. As time has passed housing has gotten more and more expensive for a physical residence. I bought my house at the launch of housing and as such paid very little for it. Now houses are MUCH more expensive and will be even moreso after the merge. Giving me my ~300mil or so back is not going to do anything for attempting to re-purchase a house.

In terms of a suggestion for how to resolve this...? Give a set amount that is around a median or higher value to all players to give equal footing when it comes to repurchasing homes. I know that personally I would very likely quit if i get jipped this badly for something that is worth so much more now.

4 minutes ago, Bryos-TM said:

But then you are being unfair to those, like myself, who paid way beyond the average. :P

Not so, like any investment you stand to gain or lose money. Housing is exactly that, an investment. Whether you intend to sell or keep to yourself is your business but the value of such an item on the market always has an average. At a time when they first mentioned server merges a year ago prices began dropping, still; the common price for mansions and higher is well in the billions and thus should be paid out as such, not what you paid.

(what they're doing is like saying you bought a house in san diego in the 40's for 10k and now its worth 1 mil and they're only going to pay you 10k)

Inflation is a thing and like any MMO, Aion has an economy that should be upheld. Their solution here breaks that economy.

2 minutes ago, Ksara-IS said:

A simple question. In case of a transfer, a friend told me that there is a limit to KINAH. A part is not transferred. In the case of server merging will there be any impact on our items in the warehouse or on how much KINAH a player has?

I would hope that these transfers would be unlimited kinah, considering none of us actually -wants- to transfer. We are being forced to because of the merger. The characters forced to transfer because of race conflict shouldn't be penalized by limiting their GP, Kinah or possessions. 

I'm not sure everybody commenting in this thread is aware that there is very little consequence to having both races on a server. I've been playing since launch in 2009, and there have been several server merges since then. For example, this character has AZ appended to its name from an original server. When you have both races on a server, you get a dialog box when you go to character selection that says multiple races are illegal and there will be a forced move shortly, but once you dismiss the dialog box the account works fine. I've had accounts in this situation for over half a decade.

2 hours ago, Allfeae-SL said:

I dont believe this compensation to be fair. As time has passed housing has gotten more and more expensive for a physical residence. I bought my house at the launch of housing and as such paid very little for it. Now houses are MUCH more expensive and will be even moreso after the merge. Giving me my ~300mil or so back is not going to do anything for attempting to re-purchase a house.

In terms of a suggestion for how to resolve this...? Give a set amount that is around a median or higher value to all players to give equal footing when it comes to repurchasing homes. I know that personally I would very likely quit if i get jipped this badly for something that is worth so much more now.

That makes no sense, you bought a house for extremely cheap and got to reap the benefits of it for years, choking out the market for newer players and now you want a big payout for it the because your gravy train is ending? Be glad you got it for so cheap and had no soul sickness for years... So greedy..

11 minutes ago, ElviaeAZ-TM said:

I'm not sure everybody commenting in this thread is aware that there is very little consequence to having both races on a server. I've been playing since launch in 2009, and there have been several server merges since then. For example, this character has AZ appended to its name from an original server. When you have both races on a server, you get a dialog box when you go to character selection that says multiple races are illegal and there will be a forced move shortly, but once you dismiss the dialog box the account works fine. I've had accounts in this situation for over half a decade.

The original FAQ comment on server faction conflicts was very...different than what has happened in the past, hence the anger and the new "to be determined." The original had it phrased that you would either pay to settle the conflict or delete the conflicting characters (which no other region or merge has done), and your account would be unplayable after the grace period until you moved or deleted the other faction. Every other region/merge has given you the free opportunity within the grace period to move your characters after the merge before, as EU did it, they'd be forcibly moved. : x

So, yeah, people were a bit surprised that the wording was implying that it was $$ or delete, or account would be unplayable. Which, as you can imagine, is not a decision we all want to face for something that isn't our fault (and maybe even punishment for being continued players of this game).

14 minutes ago, Oakley-SL said:

That makes no sense, you bought a house for extremely cheap and got to reap the benefits of it for years, choking out the market for newer players and now you want a big payout for it the because your gravy train is ending? Be glad you got it for so cheap and had no soul sickness for years... So greedy..

If they werent doing server merges and people were still buying houses i could sell my mansion for billions right now. So yes, i am entitled to more than the pennies i spent on it years ago. And if you were in the same position your tune would be very different. I paid for the property, its value went up with inflation, i deserve to be compensated what its worth now, not what it was worth years ago. That way I may be able to couple that with money i have to buy the property again.

Just because you either dont have a property or stand to lose nothing doesnt mean seeing others lose out is right. Try to form a substantial argument why my mansion is only worth 300m while others the exact same are worth billions then you can talk to me.

4 hours ago, Starwebicarii-SL said:

The housing auction and bidding will close on September 6. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October.

Not very nice! I paid 12 millions for my house and now I will get that plus 1200 kinah back, which are just nothing compared to what I paid in maintenance for so long! Plus at the moment that amount of kinah is laughable! well if you wished people leave the game, this will make them to think about it. Merging in the way you propose....paying for transfer, wont help either. The right and cleaver thing would have been to make just one server now than later, but, of course, you will do that later to get more money. I start to be really sick of what you are doing to what was a very nice and enjoyable game.

23 minutes ago, Oakley-SL said:

Hold on, I bought a mansion for hundreds of millions ( I'v played since closed beta). I couldn't  get a mansion intiially since it was so competitive. This "gravy train" that you're referring to is fictional in most cases, the amount I paid  was a LOT of kinah back in the day, I had to save  and hoard to get it. Now, I won't get back nearly the equivalent plus  I hardly choked out anyone since I was an active player. I would ask for the current market replacement value of the mansion that I own at a minimum. That's hardly being greedy.

That's quite different from those players who bought multiple instanced housing for alts or who logged in just to pay rent. Those people blocked out newer players.

In a better game, Aion would recognize this and introduce improvements, maybe instanced housing for mansions and estates or the ability to share it across an account. But please, don't blame veterans, the players who have been most loyal are not being supported or recognized   here.

It's maybe just a suggestion, but it's still not too late and try to sell your house.
Many players are not aware yet of the server merge and what it entails, and you are.
I'm not telling you to abuse this, but instead of complaining wanting to be refunded more than you paid - 
it could be a good idea if players actually tried and get rid of their property for decent prices right now.

It is already known we're starting out fresh anyways and the likelyhood of obtaining a house 
on the merged servers is really small. So no, you won't get the super-inflated price of your dreams,
but you may be getting more than your initial payment - and you make some unaware player happy for the next month xD

Please NCsoft, don't make us pay for the transfers. I understand your concern regarding the free transfer abuse, but I'm sure you can find other ways to prevent that without making those who have conflicting toons pay for a transfer they initially didn't plan on making, but happen to be forced to do it in spite of themselves due to the merge.

Archived