Forums

Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Aion Team

Hi everyone, I have edited the character transfer section to say we will be announcing a new policy soon for the pre-merge transfers. We are re-looking at what can be done with the transfers and will have an update to share before Wednesday next week.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi everyone, I have edited the character transfer section to say we will be announcing a new policy soon for the pre-merge transfers. We are re-looking at what can be done with the transfers and will have an update to share before Wednesday next week.

Will the discounted server transfer still be available next Wednesday? 

• Aion Team
1 minute ago, XenXen-BR said:

Will the discounted server transfer still be available next Wednesday? 

This is what we will be announcing next week, an update to how the transfers are going to work.

I find it very disrespectful for players to have to lose a character from a server because of the conflict they are causing themselves.
We did not choose to join servers, we did not choose to lose our ranks. It is very easy for you to charge a transfer or for the members to choose, than to give a solution that everyone can join.
Just an NCsoft board, forcing us to buy a transfer or delete a character, will not help you to popular the servers.
You are going to lose more players still.
If you did not realize, many people stopped playing in NA, because of the bad choices you make.
You want to make excuses now, because they saw that they could fill your pocket with more of our money.
I think as it is you who are making the change in the game, it's not our fault.
I believe that the least you could do for us, that we still have not given up on your game, is to give at least 1 free transfer per account, that we might have a choice not to get rid of our characters, who were very difficult to In previous versions.

I hope you think about it, because I and many other friends, we are already thinking about stopping playing Aion after the post.

Ty..:S

On 8/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: What will happen to my house, mansion, estate, and/or palace? 

The housing auction and bidding will close on September 6. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October.

Excuse me... But the main reason I pay for a mansion is because I dont want Soul sickness. Soul sickness is the worst, especially when doing instances... Stop luring US to buy your administrators boon from the BCM.

You are taking away from us the BENEFITS of housing, not the -item- for how it is. Some of us dont really care about how the mansion looks. We have been paying it FOR YEARS (not only three weeks) Just for not having  SOUL SICKNESS...

20 hours ago, Allfeae-SL said:

Not so, like any investment you stand to gain or lose money. Housing is exactly that, an investment. Whether you intend to sell or keep to yourself is your business but the value of such an item on the market always has an average. At a time when they first mentioned server merges a year ago prices began dropping, still; the common price for mansions and higher is well in the billions and thus should be paid out as such, not what you paid.

(what they're doing is like saying you bought a house in san diego in the 40's for 10k and now its worth 1 mil and they're only going to pay you 10k)

Inflation is a thing and like any MMO, Aion has an economy that should be upheld. Their solution here breaks that economy.

I agree. Also, we have to take in account that the price of it is bound to raise. There will be more people and more demand of the houses. I hope there is enough for everyone who wants them.

I suggest that the studio deed buff gets upgraded to give mansion, estate etc benefits while this issue is fixed. This could also be permanent, therefore making high grade housing like mansions, Palace's and Estates just a luxury for those who like decorating.

Another good idea would be to allow housing to players who have held the same property for x amount of consecutive years starting from the highest to the lowest. I don't think is fair to a player who have been paying for their housing for over 3-4 years to lose everything with the merge.

Many of the players are your customers, in other words, they are the ones who make it possible for you guys to receive a paycheck. Be wise with how you handle this server merge because you may end up losing a lot of the prestige pack or ncoin buyers.

so great that you are thinking about this. Today I saw somebody posting in LFG about buying 800 NCoins. Obviously this transaction is not safe and he can be easily scammed. I think if NCoins are needed for this, a lot of players wont have another choice than risking themselves to be scammed. And the rules are not protecting those transactions so nobody will help them.

about the issue with the houses, well, even when the kinah received wont be so much for some players (and some will receive billions), we need to remember that we do not have so many players like some years ago. A lot of the houses are in death and no active player´s hands. Some of them just have enought kinah with them and do not lose their homes (In siel 1 year ago, having 1 billion was nothing, and that can pay a lot of months). Some others just log in to get kinah to keep the house. But now with all the homes free again, the active players will have a chance to get a home.

On 8/11/2017 at 9:53 AM, Bryos-TM said:

But, during the time you paid for that maintenance, you owned the house, so you got the benefits from it. The fact that we are losing our houses sucks, but them not repaying fees is perfectly fair.

It's okay not paying the maintenance, but the benefit for a house not a mansion or estate, well at least for me is not important as if I needed the energy of repose to recover 10% quicker when I log out of my house! I bought the house at the very beginning of it creations for 12 million to have the possibility to have more room. I'm sorry for the players who di not get one, but at the start it was just their choice to get one! Not my fault if NC Soft had so little space in Oriel.....I always wondered why they did not make more, there are so many place with so many "empty" channels. >.<

I have 2 accounts myself. My main has 7 Elyos chars on Israphel, including this one and one Asmodian on Tiamat. Also have a prestige pack on my main. Have a legion as well on israphel
On my second account i have an asmo on beritra and an ely on israphel. I wonder how names are handled after the merge and also with legion names. Bit concerned there that i loose all my names, because someone else find it funny to claim it. Next to that i'm European, so when it's evening for the other side of the ocean it's night at my time. I do hope that the name claiming will be available earlier on and not on times when i sleep. If it's 6 PM EDT, that's fine, as that means 00:00 AM CEST.

10 hours ago, Azzmaria-SL said:

so great that you are thinking about this. Today I saw somebody posting in LFG about buying 800 NCoins. Obviously this transaction is not safe and he can be easily scammed. I think if NCoins are needed for this, a lot of players wont have another choice than risking themselves to be scammed. And the rules are not protecting those transactions so nobody will help them.

about the issue with the houses, well, even when the kinah received wont be so much for some players (and some will receive billions), we need to remember that we do not have so many players like some years ago. A lot of the houses are in death and no active player´s hands. Some of them just have enought kinah with them and do not lose their homes (In siel 1 year ago, having 1 billion was nothing, and that can pay a lot of months). Some others just log in to get kinah to keep the house. But now with all the homes free again, the active players will have a chance to get a home.

Houses ain't in the hands of death players. If a player doesn't login for some time and it goes past the date when the fee shoud be paid you get a warning and finally your house will be sold. You can pay 3 weeks of the fee ahead, but not more. I had a house myself at millenium tree village. Didn't log in for about a year and a half. Few weeks ago i returned and found a message in my mailbox that the house was sold and got the kinah back from it. So you need to login once every week or once in 3 weeks if you had paid ahead to pay the fee again.

On 8/9/2017 at 8:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: What happens to my gear that is determined by my Abyss Rank? 
Archdaeva gear is not restricted by rank, but if you lose your rank and are still using Abyss gear level 65 and below, you will not be able to fully utilize that equipment set.

Just a thought but why not have a temporary npc or give mythic armor/wep ap hammers to people who have this gear.  NPC wise give everyone 1 week or something to turn in old useless stuff for I dunno 30% of the cost they purchased it for.  So people who can no longer use general gear can get some ap to use towards archdaeva gear that requres no rank, same for people who have 4 star eternal gear who can't use it cause won't be that rank.  I know some classes use older sets as secondary sets so this gives them a chance to get some of the ap needed to actually replace it.  The game actually does not give the ability to trade in mythic armors/weps or accs for ap but does for eternals and below.  Just a thought because you will have players come back at merge and this may help them get some needed ap to gear up again and not quit

13 hours ago, Mcduuo-IS said:

Excuse me... But the main reason I pay for a mansion is because I dont want Soul sickness. Soul sickness is the worst, especially when doing instances... Stop luring US to buy your administrators boon from the BCM.

You are taking away from us the BENEFITS of housing, not the -item- for how it is. Some of us dont really care about how the mansion looks. We have been paying it FOR YEARS (not only three weeks) Just for not having  SOUL SICKNESS...

They're giving tons of account tradeable administrator's at Luna instance, and I'm pretty sure they're doing it because of the merge. I can say that I'll be safe from soul sickness for a while as I've been hoarding those. I'd say you should start doing the same if you don't wanna worry about ss when you lose your mansion :)

What will happen to items bought for housing? Such as decorations, guestblooms, extra storage space and all the items in the extra storage spacing? If I loose my housing and unable to compete with the market to regain a new house that is a lot of items that I do not have the space to store on my character/pets/warehouse prior to the merge, and loosing those items could drastically effect gameplay for many players....

Okay guys everybody got their own opinion I'm going to put mine. they should reset everything Since we're going to start fresh people who got houses or Mansion or Palace they should give them some kind of reward  like 1b kinah And a little bit more. Whoever owns those type of property. they should give free transfer for everybody for 30 days After 30 days people should pay for their transfer.Hopefully the GM will do the right thing to satisfy everybody.

3 hours ago, Rag-TM said:

What will happen to items bought for housing? Such as decorations, guestblooms, extra storage space and all the items in the extra storage spacing? If I loose my housing and unable to compete with the market to regain a new house that is a lot of items that I do not have the space to store on my character/pets/warehouse prior to the merge, and loosing those items could drastically effect gameplay for many players....

Your stuff will be fine. Your decorations, cabinets and blooms will all be in your studio furnishings. (That button on the top left hand side when you are in decorate mode.) Ofc, you are limited to how many decorations (including cabinets) and guestblooms you can put down in a studio, but everything will be there. The only things that won't be are skins on the outside of your house (changing the look or color of your house) since you don't have an outside any more and, I believe, your walls and floors.. since those are one time use and all housing is being reset. Though I may be wrong about the walls and floors.

15 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Your stuff will be fine. Your decorations, cabinets and blooms will all be in your studio furnishings. (That button on the top left hand side when you are in decorate mode.) Ofc, you are limited to how many decorations (including cabinets) and guestblooms you can put down in a studio, but everything will be there. The only things that won't be are skins on the outside of your house (changing the look or color of your house) since you don't have an outside any more and, I believe, your walls and floors.. since those are one time use and all housing is being reset. Though I may be wrong about the walls and floors.

I know when I've lost housing in the past due to forgetting to login and pay it I lost some decorations like walls and flooring...really sucked cause they were seasonal only items

Hello, i have a question: in my account i have 5 asmodians BR and 1 asmodian SL, to go to the new server should i pay only with my sm75 the GP and  all my 6 characters will be in the same server o i have to pay the 7k GP for each one using each pj.

ty.

14 hours ago, Viraninde-IS said:

Houses ain't in the hands of death players. If a player doesn't login for some time and it goes past the date when the fee shoud be paid you get a warning and finally your house will be sold. You can pay 3 weeks of the fee ahead, but not more. I had a house myself at millenium tree village. Didn't log in for about a year and a half. Few weeks ago i returned and found a message in my mailbox that the house was sold and got the kinah back from it. So you need to login once every week or once in 3 weeks if you had paid ahead to pay the fee again.

OH. I see. I didn´t know about that. I thought it was an automatic discount from your kinah. Ty for your information. I will take that into consideration if I try to get a house this time.

I still need an answer on what happens with names that can no longer be used in game. I'm not the only person who has a name that would now be blocked if I tired to use it again. Using a rename ticket won't allow me to reclaim my name, Padmarashka. Will I need to contact support to have them fix the issue? Or am I essentially being told too bad, I lost the name? 

I'm glad to hear transfer conflicts will be revised, but really I'm incredibly disheartened at the way it was handled to begin with? Whomever suggested we should have to pay to move our characters before the merger, then be faced with the option of deleting them if we don't, should be fired. That's absolute BS, especially after telling the community that transfers would be free. Seriously, there's going to be a total of TWO servers, and you're all worried about someone taking advantage of it? Who cares. Allow people to transfer wherever the hell they want for two weeks prior to merger, and then increase the cooldown for transfers to 30 days, and disable transfers for a few weeks after merger. So what if people move and get a couple free transfers out of it. Losing transfer fee's is incredibly better a sacrifice than losing players because of this. 

And for anyone suggesting an even lower fee than the one revised; there is no acceptable fee to charge players to move characters that may be caught up in server merges. It's completely unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Talisman-TM said:

I'm glad to hear transfer conflicts will be revised, but really I'm incredibly disheartened at the way it was handled to begin with? Whomever suggested we should have to pay to move our characters before the merger, then be faced with the option of deleting them if we don't, should be fired. That's absolute BS, especially after telling the community that transfers would be free. Seriously, there's going to be a total of TWO servers, and you're all worried about someone taking advantage of it? Who cares. Allow people to transfer wherever the hell they want for two weeks prior to merger, and then increase the cooldown for transfers to 30 days, and disable transfers for a few weeks after merger. So what if people move and get a couple free transfers out of it. Losing transfer fee's is incredibly better a sacrifice than losing players because of this. 

And for anyone suggesting an even lower fee than the one revised; there is no acceptable fee to charge players to move characters that may be caught up in server merges. It's completely unacceptable. 

Korea were probably the ones who said they should pay for character transfer before merger LEL.

Archived