Jump to content
Cyan

Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Your stuff will be fine. Your decorations, cabinets and blooms will all be in your studio furnishings. (That button on the top left hand side when you are in decorate mode.) Ofc, you are limited to how many decorations (including cabinets) and guestblooms you can put down in a studio, but everything will be there. The only things that won't be are skins on the outside of your house (changing the look or color of your house) since you don't have an outside any more and, I believe, your walls and floors.. since those are one time use and all housing is being reset. Though I may be wrong about the walls and floors.

Well, that depends on what you consider to be "fine". Agreed, at the very least, nothing should be  destroyed or lost. However, unless I'm wrong- you will not have access to everything since studios don't have the same storage limit as houses, mansions, or estates, which would not be considered fine for many people.

So I would like Cyan to confirm exactly what is going to happen to those people who are stuck in a studio? Please spell it out so we aren't left guessing. Example: are the storage limits changed for people who are evicted? do they remain the same as the basic studio, so that they need to pick among any cabinets (and then they can't access the other cabinets?)

Given that there have been several months since the  producer's letter, and there's basically a  month to go before the merger I expect that this should be easy to clarify.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Magellan-BR said:

Hello, i have a question: in my account i have 5 asmodians BR and 1 asmodian SL, to go to the new server should i pay only with my sm75 the GP and  all my 6 characters will be in the same server o i have to pay the 7k GP for each one using each pj.

ty.

The transfer is only for ppl with elyos and asmodians at the same acount and that will be going to the same server with the merge.
For example myself, I have elyos at IS and asmodians at KR. If you have only asmodians at SL and BR you won't be affected by this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them?
On August 16, Character Transfers will be discounted to 800 NCoin. Due to potential issues that may arise from allowing free and unlimited transfers, we had to make the decision to reduce the cost of the transfers. Some of these issues included vastly extended maintenances prior to the server merge for all the database work that would need to be done, increased chance of issues during merge, as well as potential economy exploits and other potential issues. If players do not transfer prior to the merge, we will not be able to assist players who were automatically moved.

We are re-looking at the character transfers that were will be offered before the server merge date and will announce more information soon.

Players currently on Beritra will have the option to transfer off of the server, but no one will have the option to transfer to Beritra.

We will be announcing how faction conflicts will be resolved as we get closer to the merge date.

I'm sorry but I do not understand what do you mean with "opposing faction characters on the server". I have accounts on Siel for Elyos and accounts for Asmos, are they opposing faction? I thought they were fine, so what will happen to my accounts? Would I need to transfer characters one by one from the accounts? Wouldn't be easier to transfer the whole account than each character If I do not transfer what will happen to my accounts? Will they be deleted? O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melodiosa-SL said:

I'm sorry but I do not understand what do you mean with "opposing faction characters on the server". I have accounts on Siel for Elyos and accounts for Asmos, are they opposing faction? I thought they were fine, so what will happen to my accounts? Would I need to transfer characters one by one from the accounts? Wouldn't be easier to transfer the whole account than each character If I do not transfer what will happen to my accounts? Will they be deleted? O.o

If your elyos and asmos are at different accounts or at servers that won't be merged together you won't be affected.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Talisman-TM said:

I'm glad to hear transfer conflicts will be revised, but really I'm incredibly disheartened at the way it was handled to begin with? Whomever suggested we should have to pay to move our characters before the merger, then be faced with the option of deleting them if we don't, should be fired. That's absolute BS, especially after telling the community that transfers would be free. Seriously, there's going to be a total of TWO servers, and you're all worried about someone taking advantage of it? Who cares. Allow people to transfer wherever the hell they want for two weeks prior to merger, and then increase the cooldown for transfers to 30 days, and disable transfers for a few weeks after merger. So what if people move and get a couple free transfers out of it. Losing transfer fee's is incredibly better a sacrifice than losing players because of this. 

And for anyone suggesting an even lower fee than the one revised; there is no acceptable fee to charge players to move characters that may be caught up in server merges. It's completely unacceptable. 

For the sake of having my voice heard concerning this critical issue, I have to say I completely agree with Talisman. When you announce to the player-base that they need not worry about character transfers for they will be provided for free, you can not simply go back months later and say, "oh, we are sorry. we talked it over and now you will have to pay for this service". We know you want badly for this game to succeed, but screwing over the player-base is not the way to do it. Please reconsider your options. Thanks.

Edited by Voltric-IS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
19 hours ago, Talisman-TM said:

I'm glad to hear transfer conflicts will be revised, but really I'm incredibly disheartened at the way it was handled to begin with? Whomever suggested we should have to pay to move our characters before the merger, then be faced with the option of deleting them if we don't, should be fired. That's absolute BS, especially after telling the community that transfers would be free. Seriously, there's going to be a total of TWO servers, and you're all worried about someone taking advantage of it? Who cares. Allow people to transfer wherever the hell they want for two weeks prior to merger, and then increase the cooldown for transfers to 30 days, and disable transfers for a few weeks after merger. So what if people move and get a couple free transfers out of it. Losing transfer fee's is incredibly better a sacrifice than losing players because of this. 

And for anyone suggesting an even lower fee than the one revised; there is no acceptable fee to charge players to move characters that may be caught up in server merges. It's completely unacceptable. 

^ Agreed.

 

When the Korean devs came to visit, it was hinted that we would see some unique scripts for the merge. Now it looks like we are getting exactly what Korea got with the exception of being told we would need to -pay- or -delete- characters in conflict. That's hardly something improved for us. Seems flat out lazy to me. 

 

Hopefully, as Talisman suggested, we be allowed to transfer wherever the hell we want to, but that we are allowed to take all our kinah -and- GP with us.

 

15 hours ago, Calista-TM said:

Well, that depends on what you consider to be "fine". Agreed, at the very least, nothing should be  destroyed or lost. However, unless I'm wrong- you will not have access to everything since studios don't have the same storage limit as houses, mansions, or estates, which would not be considered fine for many people.

So I would like Cyan to confirm exactly what is going to happen to those people who are stuck in a studio? Please spell it out so we aren't left guessing. Example: are the storage limits changed for people who are evicted? do they remain the same as the basic studio, so that they need to pick among any cabinets (and then they can't access the other cabinets?)

Given that there have been several months since the  producer's letter, and there's basically a  month to go before the merger I expect that this should be easy to clarify.. 

I think you misunderstand what storage limits mean. You can put the same amount of things in "house warehouse" in your studio as you can in your house/mansion/estate. You can place 200 things in there. You will not be able to -place- as many items on the floor and walls of your studio as you could in your house/mansion/estate, though. If you are like me, you have 5 billion cabinets. My poor studio is going to be filled with nothing but cabinets. But nothing will disappear, with the exception of one time use wallpapers/floors and house/mansion/estate exteriors.

 

Everything from your house/mansion/estate will be in your "house warehouse" when you get to your new server. You will just need to pick and chose what you want to place on the floor.

Edited by Nyinu-KR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake-DN   

There is only one person named Jake and one person named Tzu.

 

And I have both as active players on what will be both new servers.

 

It's guaranteed identity theft, but I'm still curious if I'm going to get screwed over.

 

I've had multiple impostors, and people intentionally stealing the name just to spite me. 

 

We will see how this goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nyinu-KR said:

^ Agreed.

 

When the Korean devs came to visit, it was hinted that we would see some unique scripts for the merge. Now it looks like we are getting exactly what Korea got with the exception of being told we would need to -pay- or -delete- characters in conflict. That's hardly something improved for us. Seems flat out lazy to me. 

 

Hopefully, as Talisman suggested, we be allowed to transfer wherever the hell we want to, but that we are allowed to take all our kinah -and- GP with us.

 

I think you misunderstand what storage limits mean. You can put the same amount of things in "house warehouse" in your studio as you can in your house/mansion/estate. You can place 200 things in there. You will not be able to -place- as many items on the floor and walls of your studio as you could in your house/mansion/estate, though. If you are like me, you have 5 billion cabinets. My poor studio is going to be filled with nothing but cabinets. But nothing will disappear, with the exception of one time use wallpapers/floors and house/mansion/estate exteriors.

 

Everything from your house/mansion/estate will be in your "house warehouse" when you get to your new server. You will just need to pick and chose what you want to place on the floor.

Well, forgive me but I don't think I misunderstand it all.Having in the warehouse means that it is inaccessible. Picking and choosing means that some cabinets are accessible and others are not, whereas currently ALL of them are accessible.

So, to clarify, and this also speaks to the scripts that you are referring to - in the case of storage, a script or other mechanism could have been developed in order to increase the limit for studios. Certainly for anyone losing instanced housing, and for everyone if NC wanted to do someone for players in general (which would be fine by me).

 

I completely agree by the way, this merger looks like they followed KR's pretty much. (HINT if we had had working forums maybe there could have been some good discussion in the past months, but I guess we'll never know..well hopefully lesson learned NCSoft, doesn't make your CM's job very easy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them? 
On August 16, Character Transfers will be discounted to 800 NCoin. Due to potential issues that may arise from allowing free and unlimited transfers, we had to make the decision to reduce the cost of the transfers. Some of these issues included vastly extended maintenances prior to the server merge for all the database work that would need to be done, increased chance of issues during merge, as well as potential economy exploits and other potential issues. If players do not transfer prior to the merge, we will not be able to assist players who were automatically moved.

We are re-looking at the character transfers that were will be offered before the server merge date and will announce more information soon.

Players currently on Beritra will have the option to transfer off of the server, but no one will have the option to transfer to Beritra.

We will be announcing how faction conflicts will be resolved as we get closer to the merge date.

 

Based on the fact that you can legally have multiple accounts, I don't see why it's a problem with having asmos and elys on the same server on one account.  Is this rule still relevant??  I know a lot of people who have up to 5 accounts just for fun.  I personally have 3 accounts.  I say allow people to have asmos and elys on one account on same server.  Problem solved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 10 full accounts and no matter what happens I will loose atleast a quarter of my chars and billions in gear and profit from them (event farming and gear). Why not allow us to swap chars from one side to the other so people like me and several others I know who do this also wont loose years of work and 10s of billions of kinah and gear. Because as it is its spend a lot and I mean a lot of money to swap chars around on all accounts or loose things that took months to farm like several r1 mythic pvp sets and massive amounts of items some of which aren't tradeable like the 200ish event tempers, event omegas, and quite a few other event items.  Its not like I can just toss it one char and xfer it. I'm looking at having to spend money on 20 transfers or loose it? Honestly allowing us to swap our chars from one side to another would be the easiest way to solve the problem and not loose a lot of people who will get screwed otherwise so why not just do something like that for free for us. ya its a lot of work but making your player base happy keeps you in business. Otherwise people like me will just leave and go to other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am worried about the naming issue.  I've had names since 2009 on characters I actively play.  I also have names that I paid $$$ for on name change tickets.  Can these just be taken from me because of "first come first serve"?  

I'm on IS so I have 2 servers to worry about.  I picked up names for BR for a few of my characters, but all are in use on KR.  I maxed out on 8 character slots so can't try to protect all my characters.

There should be more factors put in place to decide who keeps a name than first come, first serve...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Channing-IS said:

I am worried about the naming issue.  I've had names since 2009 on characters I actively play.  I also have names that I paid $$$ for on name change tickets.  Can these just be taken from me because of "first come first serve"?  

I'm on IS so I have 2 servers to worry about.  I picked up names for BR for a few of my characters, but all are in use on KR.  I maxed out on 8 character slots so can't try to protect all my characters.

There should be more factors put in place to decide who keeps a name than first come, first serve...

 

Like you, I've been playing since 2009, this will be my third merge (started on Zikel).. On the previous mergers "first come, first  served" was not the sole criterion, the name changing process was handled very well  from what I experienced. In case of conflict, they took into account level differences, time playing the game (seniority) and had  a very good dispute system.  It really went well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK say your are a BG of asmos yet a BG of the Elyos that will be merged into one. What would happen to that legion? could the legion be moved to the new server with all thier members?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand one thing and I am lost. Someone can answer me please? 

I can transfer one character for free, but for other characters I must pay? For example I want to move my muse, but I also have 6 other classes with high levels. I must pay 6x800 NCcoins for each transfer??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
5 hours ago, Darkplate-SL said:

OK say your are a BG of asmos yet a BG of the Elyos that will be merged into one. What would happen to that legion? could the legion be moved to the new server with all thier members?

 

I think you would have to pass BG to someone that is staying on the merged server or disband the legion altogether. You can't transfer a whole legion. That has to be done by individual players.

 

1 hour ago, Kruk-IS said:

I don't understand one thing and I am lost. Someone can answer me please? 

I can transfer one character for free, but for other characters I must pay? For example I want to move my muse, but I also have 6 other classes with high levels. I must pay 6x800 NCcoins for each transfer??

 

First.. don't do anything yet. Cyan posted that they will announce before Wednesday a different FAQ regarding characters in conflict.

 

What was first posted was that there would be NO free transfers. That any character in conflict (having asmos and elyos on the same server on the same account) would either need to be deleted or you would have to pay 800 NCoin to transfer it. With the original rules (which are being changed.. hopefully), you would have to pay 7 x 800 NCoin to transfer all seven characters. 

 

Though that begs the question. You say you want to transfer 7 characters. After the merge would those 7 characters be in conflict? Is there an 8th character on that account that is the opposite faction but would end up on the same server as the 7? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

 

Though that begs the question. You say you want to transfer 7 characters. After the merge would those 7 characters be in conflict? Is there an 8th character on that account that is the opposite faction but would end up on the same server as the 7? 

Thank you for your answer. Answering your question - I only have asmodian characters on my account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
30 minutes ago, Kruk-IS said:

Thank you for your answer. Answering your question - I only have asmodian characters on my account.

Alright. In the case you don't have to move any characters. This is only for characters in conflict. That means characters on the same account of different factions that will send up on the same server after the merge. For example, I have an account with 3 KR Asmodians, 2 IS Asmodians and 2 Tiamat Elyos. All 7 of those characters will end up on the same server, yet you can't have characters on the same account on the same server. So either my 6 Asmodians or my 2 Elyos would have to move to the other server. What is being decided is if I would have to either pay to move them or would be forced to delete them. Which, you can imagine, is hardly fair.

 

Your characters will all be safe and sound on the new server. You don't have to do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Alright. In the case you don't have to move any characters. This is only for characters in conflict. That means characters on the same account of different factions that will send up on the same server after the merge. For example, I have an account with 3 KR Asmodians, 2 IS Asmodians and 2 Tiamat Elyos. All 7 of those characters will end up on the same server, yet you can't have characters on the same account on the same server. So either my 6 Asmodians or my 2 Elyos would have to move to the other server. What is being decided is if I would have to either pay to move them or would be forced to delete them. Which, you can imagine, is hardly fair.

 

Your characters will all be safe and sound on the new server. You don't have to do anything.

Thank you for clarifying. I can imagine that many people might be confused, and your answer is really helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 4:54 PM, Nyinu-KR said:

 

I think you misunderstand what storage limits mean. You can put the same amount of things in "house warehouse" in your studio as you can in your house/mansion/estate. You can place 200 things in there. You will not be able to -place- as many items on the floor and walls of your studio as you could in your house/mansion/estate, though. If you are like me, you have 5 billion cabinets. My poor studio is going to be filled with nothing but cabinets. But nothing will disappear, with the exception of one time use wallpapers/floors and house/mansion/estate exteriors.

 

Everything from your house/mansion/estate will be in your "house warehouse" when you get to your new server. You will just need to pick and chose what you want to place on the floor.

Unless storage in studios works completely differently or I'm bugged, that's not true. I have 3 cabinets in mine but only two are usable. When I put one that's full in storage and pull the empty one out, I don't have access to that drawer... the window just shows the single drawer in the other cabinet I have installed. When I switch them back, I have two drawers again.

Besides, what happens when someone with eleventy billion stuffed cabinets is unable to buy a new mansion? Yep, they lose the stuff that's stored.

Edited by Krysalinne-SL
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aly-DN   
34 minutes ago, Krysalinne-SL said:

Unless storage in studios works completely differently or I'm bugged, that's not true. I have 3 cabinets in mine but only two are usable. When I put one that's full in storage and pull the empty one out, I don't have access to that drawer... the window just shows the single drawer in the other cabinet I have installed. When I switch them back, I have two drawers again.

Besides, what happens when someone with eleventy billion stuffed cabinets is unable to buy a new mansion? Yep, they lose the stuff that's stored.

 

Now I am confused. I had cabinets when I transferred servers years ago. I sold my mansion and played out of a studio for a few weeks before the transfer went through. When I sold the mansion and bought the studio for temporary use, all my furniture (including the cabinets) were there in my house warehouse and ready to be placed. I placed only the cabinets that I needed to get things out of right away on the floor in the studio. The others stayed in the storage. After the transfer, I was in a studio again. I bought an estate the first week on my new server. Pulled all my cabinets out and placed them. All that moving and downsizing and I didn't lose a single item.

 

It's true that you can't access the drawers of cabinets in storage, but once you place them you should have access to them. I always have. It's different for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. I have three cabinets. The first two I installed are full and perfectly usable, but the 3rd drawer isn't accessible even if I put one of the two full ones away.

Are you normally able to switch cabinets in and out of storage to get to the stuff in them while in a studio? If the original two you place are your limit and you can't ever access the other ones until you upgrade to a house/mansion/estate, even if you place them and remove one of the originals, then my stuff is working as intended. When I bought the 3rd I thought I could have stuff in all three and move them in and out of storage depending on what I needed from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Krysalinne-SL said:

Yep. I have three cabinets. The first two I installed are full and perfectly usable, but the 3rd drawer isn't accessible even if I put one of the two full ones away.

Are you normally able to switch cabinets in and out of storage to get to the stuff in them while in a studio? If the original two you place are your limit and you can't ever access the other ones until you upgrade to a house/mansion/estate, even if you place them and remove one of the originals, then my stuff is working as intended. When I bought the 3rd I thought I could have stuff in all three and move them in and out of storage depending on what I needed from them.

Are you making certain its the same type of cabinet?  Such as simple, clean, 1 drawer, 2 drawer?  If it's a different type that you are putting up, it won't allow you to access the items.  When you open one of the cabinets, you'll see grayed out row... look to see what type it says it is, and make certain that is the type you are putting up in your studio.  I currently have 10 cabinets up in my studio and can access all of them.

Edited by SadisticNotes-BR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All three are the basic, cheapest cabinet with 1 drawer. One came from a quest, though, so maybe they behave like event/regular consumables and you can't stack them?

I'll check the type when I'm back in game and if they're identical I'll submit a ticket, I guess. I just assumed I could only have two storage drawers rather than multiple drawers as long as only two were active at once.

Edited by Krysalinne-SL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krysalinne-SL said:

All three are the basic, cheapest cabinet with 1 drawer. One came from a quest, though, so maybe they behave like event/regular consumables and you can't stack them? I didn't try putting both of the purchased cabinets in storage and leaving the quest reward out. Don't know if that would make a difference.

I'll check the type when I'm back in game and if they're identical I'll submit a ticket, I guess. I just assumed I could only have two storage drawers rather than multiple drawers as long as only two were active at once.

If it's the quest cabinet, it expires.  You have to go to the shugo outside your studio (where the mailbox is), his name is Miyuorinerk, go to the last page, on the first tab. and buy the Practical Wood Cabinet.  You should have gotten a letter, telling you that it expired and that you needed to get a practical wood cabinet to replace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×