Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: What will happen to my house, mansion, estate, and/or palace? 
The housing auction and bidding will close on September 6. Housing will be reset for all servers. For players who own a house, mansion, estate, and/or palace, you will receive the Kinah price you paid for your home along with three weeks of the maintenance fees. Please do not abuse this system. We will be monitoring this for inflated Kinah gains, and accounts attempting to exploit the system will face action. Housing auctions will be opened again in October

I hope this 'monitoring' goes back as far as last year when server merges were first announced. I saw some mansions 'selling' for 80 billion+ when the average price was closer to 10 billion or lower, in discussion with legion mates and friends it was widely suspected that these were people trading their properties between their alts/friends to inflate the value of their property prior to the merge. These people now stand to make 80 billion from merge + the 80 billion they 'paid' for their property (kinah that never actually left their account).

As for me, I will have to settle for 1.5 billion compensation for my estate that I have owned for years so the chances of me being able to get back on the property market are pretty much zero, plus I lose the exterior skin that I bought from the BCM because there is no mention of those transferring to new properties even if I could afford to buy one!!

I am not abusing the system - the system is abusing ME!!!!

4 hours ago, SadisticNotes-BR said:

If it's the quest cabinet, it expires.  You have to go to the shugo outside your studio (where the mailbox is), his name is Miyuorinerk, go to the last page, on the first tab. and buy the Practical Wood Cabinet.  You should have gotten a letter, telling you that it expired and that you needed to get a practical wood cabinet to replace it.

Sorry to keep going on about this, but I'm trying to understand.

I got home and played around with the cabinets. I have 2 Clean 1-Drawer Cabinets and 1 Plain 1-Drawer (the quest cabinet with 14 days left on it). I can store items in 1 clean and the plain, but I can't use both cleans. Both cleans will accept items, just not at the same time. Is this how it's supposed to work?

33 minutes ago, Krysalinne-SL said:

Sorry to keep going on about this, but I'm trying to understand.

I got home and played around with the cabinets. I have 2 Clean 1-Drawer Cabinets and 1 Plain 1-Drawer (the quest cabinet with 14 days left on it). I can store items in 1 clean and the plain, but I can't use both cleans. Both cleans will accept items, just not at the same time. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Okay. Here is how cabinets work. The space for a "clean 1-drawer" is the same space for all "clean 1-drawers".. exactly like the contents of an 12 slot pet is shared space with any other 12 slot pet. If you place 2 clean 1-drawer cabinets, the one drawer in each of them is the same drawer. The PLAIN 1-drawer is a separate space because it is "plain" and not "clean". Two "clean 1-drawers" will only give you one drawer of space, while 1 "clean 1-drawer" and 1 "plain 1-drawer" will give you two drawers of space. When you were putting down both "clean 1-drawer" cabinets (and not the "plain 1-drawer") you were seeing that one shared drawer and the second drawer was greyed out and not accessible because the "plain 1-drawer" was in your house storage. Once you took it out and placed it on the floor, you had access to the drawer.

Does that make sense?

So for the merge, everyone's cabinets will be put into their house storage.. which holds 200 items for every type of housing. (And cabinets count as 1 space per cabinet no matter how many items are in it.) To access the things in the cabinets, the player just needs to place them on the floor of their new studio. Nothing will disappear from the cabinets. 

• Aion Team

Hello everyone, we have updated the FAQ on how character transferring and faction conflicts will be resolved. I have the edit quoted below for easy reading, and merges will be pushed out until early October, but the final date will be announced later. Feel free to post any question you may have. Thank you.

On 8/9/2017 at 5:07 PM, Cyan said:

Updated
Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them?
Accounts that have opposing races on the same server will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. To help mitigate the issue of having opposing factions on the same server, starting August 16 after the maintenance, free character transfers will be available by end of day. You will be able to transfer from any server to Siel, or Israphel, but not to Tiamat, Beritra or Kahrun. There will be a limit each week on how many players can queue for a transfer. Because of this, please plan out in advance how you would like to arrange your characters, and most of all, we ask that you please avoid transferring characters unless it is absolutely necessary to avoid faction conflict. 

Initially, server transfers will be subjected to the normal limitations which you can see here, and our intent is to allow players to transfer over their alt characters during this time. After a few weeks, we will temporarily remove the Kinah limitation and increase the GP cutoff to 1 million so players can move over their higher level or main characters. We will let players know in advance when to expect that. The level 25 requirement will remain in place regardless. Once again, we urge players to only transfer characters to avoid post-merge faction conflicts. 

Character creation and character transfer queueing will be disabled one week prior to the merge in order to stabilize the character database as much as possible prior to the merge. 

To allow players as much time as possible, we will be delaying the merge for a few weeks until early October. The final date will be announced at a later time as we get closer to the merge.

As stated above, after the merge, players with a faction conflict will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. Once the servers are confirmed to be running stably, we will reopen free transfers temporarily for those with faction conflict to transfer away from. Once this transfer period has ended, the remaining active accounts with faction conflict will be force-transferred and the standard character transfer limitations will be implemented. If your characters are force-transferred, we will not be able to honor requests to transfer them, so please make sure you take advantage of the free transfer queues while they are available.

6 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, we have updated the FAQ on how character transferring and faction conflicts will be resolved. I have the edit quoted below for easy reading, and merges will be pushed out until early October, but the final date will be announced later. Feel free to post any question you may have. Thank you.

Great news! :D Thank you! xD

a few week delay is meh.  I honestly never expected them to live up to the 20th of September as history has shown things just move slowly with Aion.  I mean took how long to get these new forums or forums that worked without 100 login tries.  So yeh par for the course

3 minutes ago, Jaimie-BR said:

Some of us would like to move sooner, rather than later.

starting August 16 after the maintenance, free character transfers will be available by end of day. You will be able to transfer from any server to Siel, or Israphel, but not to Tiamat, Beritra or Kahrun.

2 minutes ago, Jaimie-BR said:

Some of us would like to move sooner, rather than later.

I know it's frustrating but in this case the delay isn't just a random decision, they're trying to work with us and ensure everyone gets taken care of. The justified outcry revolving around the transfer issue is worth waiting a few extra weeks to resolve, even if the further delay is disappointing (it is to me as well).

Just now, Jaimie-BR said:

I could move tomorrow but then I lose my GP.  I want to keep my GP - because like everyone else, I worked for it.  But currently I'm stuck on a dead server and I'm being forced to stay there because of people crying about server conflict.

wait a few weeks once they bump the gp limit to 1 mil transfer to SL won't lose your gp then since no one on br has more then 600 k asmo side

1 minute ago, Jaimie-BR said:

I suppose I don't really have a choice.  I still think it's crap though.

yeh they need more time so that the player base can rid as many conflicts as possible so after merge less to do and can focus on the inevitable bugs and stuff that will pop up imo.

Archived