Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2017 at 7:07 PM, Cyan said:

Q: What will happen to my Legion name? 
Similar to character names, it will be first-come first-served. Brigade Generals will receive a Legion Name Change Ticket to reclaim their Legion name. We will work with Brigade Generals to claim names that were taken. Please do not claim an active legion name that you have not used. We will have a policy on how we will support players on reacquiring their Legion names as we get closer to the merge date.

The transfers page states that the player must leave their Legion in order to transfer to another server.. will I need to disband the legion prior to the server merge, or does this work differently than individual transfers? 

15 minutes ago, OokySpooky-IS said:

After the merge, your character names will have the server abbreviation added to the end (for example: HimeSL) 

If we are going to keep our server abbreviation.. then why merge? I mean, if we are all together now.. I don't really care who is from IS, TM, SL...

We're getting name change tickets as well.

Name's aren't "global" in this game (old game). There is a Cheesecake on IS, TM, SL, BR, and KR, and they're all separate characters. We can't all be Cheesecake on IS/SL post merge, so we're all being marked as CheesecakeIS, CheesecakeBR, etc so as to not cause strange conflicts/overwrites/etc in the character database. It's first come, first serve on reclaiming names...with some criteria for protesting someone else taking your name and getting it back for yourself.

How can I transfer a character who has a home? I was trying to transfer a character and I can not because I have a house. How am I going to get the Kinah from the house, transferring the character?
I think it should be like selling the house to an NPC and receiving the kinah that you have spoken so that we can transfer without disrupting it.
 :(

3 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

You can buy it on your own character, if you like. Or just wait until it sells. Or just don't pay the weekly fee and let it be repossessed.

P.S. Why are you posting in purple?

I must have translated it wrong, my question is how to transfer having a house.

When I went to transfer, I had a restriction for anyone who has a house without a character

P.S And I posted with purple because I'm cute

21 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hello everyone, we have updated the FAQ on how character transferring and faction conflicts will be resolved. I have the edit quoted below for easy reading, and merges will be pushed out until early October, but the final date will be announced later. Feel free to post any question you may have. Thank you.

First of all, THANK YOU! The fact that you listened to your player-base on this critical issue is a huge step in the right direction. I also think delaying the server merge a little longer is a smart decision. That being said, having to wait an undisclosed amount of time to transfer my main is a little disconcerting. I also hate the idea of booting my toons from my own legion in order to transfer them, which leads me to an important question:

What are legion admins suppose to do with the materials in their legion warehouses? It states that you can not be a member of a legion to transfer, so where exactly do we store all of our mats so we can transfer them with us? Surely you do not expect our legion-mates to have enough free space in their personal inventories to transfer everything?

22 minutes ago, Voltric-IS said:

First of all, THANK YOU! The fact that you listened to your player-base on this critical issue is a huge step in the right direction. I also think delaying the server merge a little longer is a smart decision. That being said, having to wait an undisclosed amount of time to transfer my main is a little disconcerting. I also hate the idea of booting my toons from my own legion in order to transfer them, which leads me to an important question:

What are legion admins suppose to do with the materials in their legion warehouses? It states that you can not be a member of a legion to transfer, so where exactly do we store all of our mats so we can transfer them with us? Surely you do not expect our legion-mates to have enough free space in their personal inventories to transfer everything?

Good point. You may just have to have someone (an alt maybe) remain on your home server to keep the legion alive while you transfer your mains. Then when the servers merge, the legion wh will catch up with you. Unless you are talking about transferring to a server that you won't be merging with?

Hmm. More restricted than appropriate. I have an Asmo alt on Siel and a Elyos alt on Israphel. Both are frozen in place because each can only transfer to the other server and it has a character of the opposite race. I the remaining 6 Amos are on Tiamat. So I either have to manually transfer six to Siel or take my chances with automatic transfer. Good intent, but doesn't work reliably.

14 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Good point. You may just have to have someone (an alt maybe) remain on your home server to keep the legion alive while you transfer your mains. Then when the servers merge, the legion wh will catch up with you. Unless you are talking about transferring to a server that you won't be merging with?

Yes, my question was pertaining to a person who owns a legion and is being forced to transfer in order to avoid faction conflicts. So I guess the answer to my question is this: I will have to disband the legion and sell/trash whatever I can't fit into my personal inventories -- which in my case would be practically everything.

12 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

If you transfer....that's pretty much what you have to do. One of the pets is, like, 34 slots, and it shouldn't be too expensive. :( Also mail yourself tradable stuff.

Or maybe I will just set fire to my legion warehouse and ask for the insurance company to reimburse me.

Hmm another problem. Two of my accounts come up allowing only transfer to Israphel. In step 1, there's a line saying which servers you can transfer to. For two accounts it says both races can only transfer to Israphel, for other accounts it says all five servers. According to the instructions, both are wrong.

24 minutes ago, Voltric-IS said:

Yes, my question was pertaining to a person who owns a legion and is being forced to transfer in order to avoid faction conflicts. So I guess the answer to my question is this: I will have to disband the legion and sell/trash whatever I can't fit into my personal inventories -- which in my case would be practically everything.

Or maybe I will just set fire to my legion warehouse and ask for the insurance company to reimburse me.

That's one way to do it, I suppose, lol.

It won't let you disband the legion without it being emptied first, though. :P

• Aion Team
3 hours ago, LastLaugh-BR said:

I must have translated it wrong, my question is how to transfer having a house.

When I went to transfer, I had a restriction for anyone who has a house without a character

P.S And I posted with purple because I'm cute

If you have a house and you need to transfer, there are three options:

1. Sell the house to someone prior to being transferred. 
  2. Don't make the payments and allow the house to foreclose. 
  3. If you must transfer and owning a house is preventing you from doing so, you can contact support and they will assist you claiming the house.

5 minutes ago, Angina-SL said:

Cyan, are the free transfers open to anyone or only to people with conflicting characters? Please tell me its only for ppl with conflicts, otherwise there will be a huge abuse and ppl that actually need to transfer alts might not be able to do it in time.

it's already been abused transferring to SL is closed for that reasion

Archived