Server Merge FAQ - Updated: 9/22

Cyan

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For both servers. They have to cap how many can transfer to both Siel and Israphel at one time. There's only so much their transfer system can handle at once without making maintenance super duper long, lol. (from what I understand)

It'll reset next week, assuming nothing goes catastrophically wrong this week, lol.

I know a lot of people want to transfer out immediately, but it's going to be a process. You will eventually have all your characters where they need to be.

Cheesecake: I've been with Aion for two previous server reconfigurations. If this one goes like the previous ones, the quota to transfer to the most popular server will always fill up with players wanting to move for better game play, leaving players with race conflicts just as they are. In the past, these race conflicts persisted into the "grace period" where servers tolerate both races, but the "grace period" never ends. As I mentioned in a post a couple days ago, we are still in the "grace period" for the first server reconfiguration over five years ago.

The transfers are for anyone that feels like it and are not restricted to those that will have conflicts in the coming merge. Which is why the SL transfer quota filled up in less than a day. Unfortunately, most of my conflicts have to go to SL. I am having flashbacks of logging in at 4am and pressing transfer over and over in order to get one of the coveted slots off New Vizael. *twitch*

I sincerely hope that they are going to give us enough time for everyone to move their conflicted characters considering we are going to be fighting those that just want to go to SL and don't really -need- to.

Though, tbh, I am also having flashbacks the infamous "4 weeks of free transfers" that occurred right after those first mergers and lasted exactly ONE WEEK, because Support's idea of "carefully monitoring" for race balance was actually some potato clicking yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.. until every Asmodian was on New Vizael and most of the Elyos had left New Vizael.

1 hour ago, Nyinu-KR said:

Unfortunately, most of my conflicts have to go to SL. I am having flashbacks of logging in at 4am and pressing transfer over and over in order to get one of the coveted slots off New Vizael. *twitch*

Yeah, I have an Asmo on IS and two Elyos on TM on my old account, so I decided to move the Elyos to Siel where my current Elyos characters are. I checked the transfer ticket every half hour or so yesterday once maintenance was over so I'd catch it as soon as it switched over to free. That will probably be the best way to end up in queue each week.

To be honest considering the situation here,IS will be left for dead both asmo and elyos sides in siel is at limited already.
There's no point creating one healthly server and another one dead,Just merge all 5 servers together.

And make 2 channels for housing in oriel/penon.

4 hours ago, Gijane-TM said:

Cheesecake: I've been with Aion for two previous server reconfigurations. If this one goes like the previous ones, the quota to transfer to the most popular server will always fill up with players wanting to move for better game play, leaving players with race conflicts just as they are. In the past, these race conflicts persisted into the "grace period" where servers tolerate both races, but the "grace period" never ends. As I mentioned in a post a couple days ago, we are still in the "grace period" for the first server reconfiguration over five years ago.

I was here for them as well, which is part of why I was so angry at how they were initially looking at doing the transfers, lol. I was also one of the people up at 4am trying to get my Elyos off of Zikel to Israphel (which was a popular server at the time) when they did more free transfers months/forever later. 

Since the transfers are continuing after the merge, the conflicts will eventually resolve, more or less...with the possibility of them being resolved by force.

As stated above, after the merge, players with a faction conflict will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. Once the servers are confirmed to be running stably, we will reopen free transfers temporarily for those with faction conflict to transfer away from. Once this transfer period has ended, the remaining active accounts with faction conflict will be force-transferred and the standard character transfer limitations will be implemented. If your characters are force-transferred, we will not be able to honor requests to transfer them, so please make sure you take advantage of the free transfer queues while they are available.

It's unfortunate that merges in this game have to be so complicated, but Aion is so old. :(

I got two of my conflict characters resolved. Still have at least one more (freaking disband legion thing lol), plus at least one or two on the Husband's account. :< But they'll all eventually get to where they need to be.

33 minutes ago, Nelewen-SL said:

To be honest considering the situation here,IS will be left for dead both asmo and elyos sides in siel is at limited already.
There's no point creating one healthly server and another one dead,Just merge all 5 servers together.

*snip*

That is a valid fear. As I said, the last time NCSoft told us they were "carefully monitoring" transfers to maintain balance (in that case it was race.. in this it will be server), they totally blew it and ended up freezing transfers and allowing something like 4 or 5 characters off/on. This left people stuck without their friends and on completely lopsided/dead servers.

@Cake.. my concern is the "forced" part. I have my conflicted characters ready to go but there are no more slots this week to move them. I will continue to try and move them, but what if the spots continue to be made up of not just those conflicted, but those moving just to get a free transfer? What if I try and try and they never get off? What if when the "forced" time happens and they end up moving my ASMOS to the other server totally away from my legionmates and friends instead of moving the Elyos I have ready to go? They already said at that point they won't help you.

• Aion Team

For this first week we tried to keep the queue limit a bit modest to see what impact there would be. Assuming everything goes smoothly, we will increase the limits as the weeks go by until merges happen. If it says you cannot transfer to one of the servers, wait until the queueing is opened again on Wednesday.

33 minutes ago, Cyan said:

For this first week we tried to keep the queue limit a bit modest to see what impact there would be. Assuming everything goes smoothly, we will increase the limits as the weeks go by until merges happen. If it says you cannot transfer to one of the servers, wait until the queueing is opened again on Wednesday.

It's always good to experiment, I approve.

16 minutes ago, Zkaza-SL said:

Will something happen to our friendlists during the merge or transfer?

If you transfer your friendlist gets blanked out (you can form a cross-server run and re-add your old-server friends once you're on the Instance Server, though), not idea about merge.

17 minutes ago, Zkaza-SL said:

Will something happen to our friendlists during the merge or transfer?

One of the bullet points on the transfer ticket is:

• You cannot transfer a character that has any characters from other servers on its friend list.

That sounds to me as if transfer won't go through if you've got friends from other servers on your list. The whole list of requirements/limits is here.

I admit I jumped in early(yay working 2nd shift) but I only had to move 3 characters, out of 14, the other 11 are automatically going to the same place. as for cross server friends, I may have had 1, was NOT declined. just be ready 9am central next wednesday.

I know a lot of people are going to hate this post but im doing it anyways! 

- AION NA should revisit the idea of releasing NA Master server and try to get some old player base back.

People will always make the complaint of splitting the community, but i truthfully think it would bring back enough players to make it sustainable, and how are you really splitting a community if people are willing to leave for the master server "they are probably willing to leave for the next decent looking pvpmmo"

- that being said i think it would need a few small tweaks - "gear breaking while enchanting would blow"

anyways just my two cents! 

Chow!

D: I enjoy playing like Han... SOLO, my Legion is barely lv 6 despite so many years lazy maybe... but still took me over a year to lv to 6 what will happen to my legion lv??? back to lv 1? U_U.....

I hate starting from ZERO.... I have slowly work on it on my spare time since I have family and a job... and other personal activities... dam... sounds like time to take a break!... maybe a permanent one...

8 minutes ago, Verya-KR said:

D: I enjoy playing like Han... SOLO, my Legion is barely lv 6 despite so many years lazy maybe... but still took me over a year to lv to 6 what will happen to my legion lv??? back to lv 1? U_U.....

I hate starting from ZERO.... I have slowly work on it on my spare time since I have family and a job... and other personal activities... dam... sounds like time to take a break!... maybe a permanent one...

After the merge, your legion will be exactly as it is right now once you get to your new server, except for the name. As stated in the FAQ, you (as the BG) will have a legion name change ticket in your inventory once the merge is complete and you can get your name back.. as long as no one else has taken it by the time you login to change it.

Now if you plan to transfer prior to the merge, then you will need to either give someone else BG of the legion (or give it to an alt) or disband the legion. If you disband the legion, then yes. You will need to start over from level 1 once you get to your new server.

Hello, I have an Estate in my main character and i need to transfer because of the character conflict in the account.

I got in touch with the support, asking them to help me solve it. I asked them to take the house.
But they have asked me to wait for the merge, that they will pay the house.

Here in the forum you said that.

As stated above, after the merge, players with a faction conflict will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. Once the servers are confirmed to be running stably, we will reopen free transfers temporarily for those with faction conflict to transfer away from. Once this transfer period has ended, the remaining active accounts with faction conflict will be force-transferred and the standard character transfer limitations will be implemented. If your characters are force-transferred, we will not be able to honor requests to transfer them, so please make sure you take advantage of the free transfer queues while they are available.

I want to get rid of the house, so I can choose the server to transfer my character.

I did not ask for anything too much, I'm want rid of the house and receive the kinah.

I already stopped paying the weekly but it will take me a long time to lose the house.

What can be done to help me?
 Thanks

2 hours ago, xPink-BR said:

Hello, I have an Estate in my main character and i need to transfer because of the character conflict in the account.

I got in touch with the support, asking them to help me solve it. I asked them to take the house.
But they have asked me to wait for the merge, that they will pay the house.

Here in the forum you said that.

I want to get rid of the house, so I can choose the server to transfer my character.

I did not ask for anything too much, I'm want rid of the house and receive the kinah.

I already stopped paying the weekly but it will take me a long time to lose the house.

What can be done to help me?
 Thanks

So what exactly did you ask for and what did Support say? Did you ask them to take the house immediately so that you could transfer? Or did you ask them to take the house and pay you for the house and maintenance fees that you would be getting if you stayed where you are and merged? I think that might be an important point. If they said no to the first, that goes against what Cyan told us Support would do. (i.e. take the house.. no kinah given back) if they said no to the second, ask them if they will take the house without paying you back any kinah at all.

And just to make sure, you are transferring your main character to IS, correct?

Archived